AHMAUD ARBERY: Georgia vs Greg & Travis McMichael & William Bryan for murder *GUILTY*

1588813454918.png 1588813480378.png
Mother seeks justice after son shot while jogging in Brunswick, pair involved in killing not arrested

It’s been over two months since a young black man jogging in Brunswick, Ga., was gunned down by two white men who said they thought he was a possible burglar.

Ahmaud Arbery’s mother wants to know where is the justice.

“I just think about how they could allow these two men to kill my son and not be arrested, that’s what I can’t understand,” Wanda Cooper told news partner First Coast News.

A police report states about 1 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 23, Glynn County officers responded to Satilla and Holmes drives where shots were fired. They found Arbery, 25, dead on the scene.

Gregory McMichael, who worked several years for the Brunswick Police Department before serving as an investigator in the Brunswick District Attorney’s Office, told police there were several break-ins in the neighborhood. He said he saw Arbery running down Satilla Drive and asked his son Travis McMichael to help him confront him.

McMichael and his son got a shotgun and handgun because they “didn’t know if Arbery was armed or not.”

The father and son got into their truck and drove down Satilla toward Burford Drive. Gregory McMichael stated when they arrived at Holmes Drive, they saw Arbery running down Burford, according to the report.

Gregory McMichael told police they attempted to cut off Arbery and shouted “stop, stop, we want to talk to you.”

McMichael pulled up next to Arbery, and Travis McMichael got out of the truck with the shotgun. According to statements, that’s when the father said Arbery attacked his son and the two men started fighting over the shotgun. Travis McMichael fired a shot and then a second shot.

After video appears to show black jogger gunned down by 2 white men in coastal Georgia, family demands arrests

The fatal shooting of a black man — apparently recorded on video in February and posted online Tuesday by a local radio station host — will go to a grand jury in coastal Georgia, according to a district attorney.

Elements of the disturbing video are consistent with a description of the shooting given to police by one of those involved in the incident.

Ahmaud Arbery, 25, was jogging in a neighborhood outside Brunswick on February 23 when a former police officer and his son chased him down, authorities said. According to a Glynn County Police report, Gregory McMichael later told officers that he thought Arbery looked like a person suspected in a series of recent break-ins in the area.

After they chased down Arbery, McMichael told police, Arbery and McMichael’s son Travis struggled over his son’s shotgun. McMichael said two shots were fired before Arbery fell to the street, the report said.

S. Lee Merritt, an attorney for the Arbery family, said in a statement that the two men involved in the chase “must be taken into custody pending their indictment.”

Gov. Brian Kemp said the Georgia Bureau of Investigation has offered resources to Durden for his investigation. “Georgians deserve answers,” Kemp tweeted.

Kemp also retweeted the GBI’s post that Durden “formally requested the GBI to investigate the death of Ahmaud Arbery.”

Attachments

• 1588813857428.png
    1588813857428.png
    101.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Yes! Thanks so much @GrandmaBear ! I loved the tweets, especially the one with her as Wonder Woman! :hugs:
No problem, happy to do it! I haven't read it yet and will try to get a chance to do so as she very much impressed me!!

I myself don't use phones or tablets for internet and would be lost on linking, cutting and pasting, etc. without a mouse. But did you know you can connect a mouse to a phone and/or to a TV? So if you are proficient with the mouse, you can then just highlight using the mouse, cut and paste, copy, etc. Just a thought.

No problem, happy to do it! I haven't read it yet and will try to get a chance to do so as she very much impressed me!!

I myself don't use phones or tablets for internet and would be lost on linking, cutting and pasting, etc. without a mouse. But did you know you can connect a mouse to a phone and/or to a TV? So if you are proficient with the mouse, you can then just highlight using the mouse, cut and paste, copy, etc. Just a thought.
Can I connect a mouse to my tablet? I just got an android phone too. My mouse is cordless. Please tell me how to connect it if you know. Thanks @GrandmaBear !💞

Sorry I can't post a link (because I don't know how to from this tablet), but she resigned from her position with the National Criminal Defense College "following weeks of criticism ". In a letter she said she was resigning due to the direction the college was going. (Sure, Laura, that's the ticket)🤥. Source: First Coast News.
She makes me sick <sorry- not sorry >.

You can connect a mouse if has bluetooth.
Ok, I just turned my mouse on, and bluetooth is turned on on my tablet. I went to settings and scanned for a bluetooth device, and nothing was found. My mouse is from Staples- the only info I can find on it says wireless optical mouse and an item number. I also have a Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard. Both mice came with little USB devices that go into the tower. The Logitech stuff is pretty old. I looked on YouTube and the video showed a short corded device that seems to plug into both the mouse and tablet. I don't think I have one of those. So do I need to get a bluetooth mouse?

Ok, I just turned my mouse on, and bluetooth is turned on on my tablet. I went to settings and scanned for a bluetooth device, and nothing was found. My mouse is from Staples- the only info I can find on it says wireless optical mouse and an item number. I also have a Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard. Both mice came with little USB devices that go into the tower. The Logitech stuff is pretty old. I looked on YouTube and the video showed a short corded device that seems to plug into both the mouse and tablet. I don't think I have one of those. So do I need to get a bluetooth mouse?
Yes you have to purchase a bluetooth mouse. Sorry, I should have mentioned that.

Yes you have to purchase a bluetooth mouse. Sorry, I should have mentioned that.
Not sure if this question will make any sense but if her USB mouse receiver was plugged into something and working on that, like say a laptop, would her phone then "find" it. I have had two laptops up where the second one found my mouse and I could use it on the second computer where it was plugged into the first. I remember how surprised I was.

I don't have the words for it but what I mean is IF she has something old the mouse will operate on and is made operational on it, will the phone then detect it and use it? I'm just trying to save the purchase of a Bluetooth mouse if it helps.

I think I posted previously, this trial would have never happened if Roddie hadn't decided to share his vid via his attorney, thinking it would exonerate him and the vid went viral. Hadn't seen these tweets about Ms. Linda, but she is a bad ass prosecutor! :)
That's what I thought but in the sentencing hearing, I heard it said that Greg McMichael let the video out thinking it would save him and instead it did the opposite. I noted it especially because I too thought it was Roddie who released it. I know he took it or so I believe. I think the point was being made of no remorse, and no understanding of what was "wrong" with that video and why it didn't exonerate. I can't recall who said it though... The prosecutor or judge I think?

That's what I thought but in the sentencing hearing, I heard it said that Greg McMichael let the video out thinking it would save him and instead it did the opposite. I noted it especially because I too thought it was Roddie who released it. I know he took it or so I believe. I think the point was being made of no remorse, and no understanding of what was "wrong" with that video and why it didn't exonerate. I can't recall who said it though... The prosecutor or judge I think?
It was Roddie who captured the footage however GM asked him later to download a copy for him so he could give it to an attorney to publish in the media. Nice try!

I can't disagree with that decision, it is right in the department's rules that they represent the department both on and off duty in such a position.

This reminds me though that I'm not sure enough attention has been given to the officials and LE in this case. The DA was addressed but she was hardly the only one who did any wrong here if I recall correctly but I guess she was the worst...

Georgia clearly still has some racist problems and/or the good ol' boy network seems alive and well. While no exact race tones in the Murdaugh case, SC clearly also has some deep good ol' boys network going on as well. Don't get me wrong, it exists in the north and midwest, etc. in places too with some to this day... Power, money, superiority, bribes, corruption...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back