TX VANESSA GUILLEN: Missing from Fort Hood, Killeen, TX - 22 April 2020 - Age 20 *Found Deceased*

MISSING: 20-year-old Fort Hood soldier hasn’t been seen since Wednesdayhttps://www.crimeonline.com/author/kwildmoon/

1588044681406.png

A 20-year-old soldier stationed at Fort Hood, Texas, is missing, and Army investigators are reaching out to the public for help finding her.

Pfc Vanessa Guillen was last seen wearing a black T-shirt early Wednesday afternoon in the parking lot of her Regimental Engineer Squadron Headquarters, 3rd Cavalry Regiment. Her car keys, barracks room key, identification card and wallet were found in the armory room where she was working, Fort Hood said.

Mayra Guillen, the soldier’s sister, posted on Facebook that her sister’s phone was last pinged near Belton, about 20 miles east of the Army post. “Something is not right,” she wrote, “please help me find her.”

‘Extensive search’ continues for missing soldier in Texas after keys, wallet found

Agents at a U.S. military post in Texas are searching for a soldier who has been missing for three days.

Private First Class Vanessa Guillen, 20, was last seen Wednesday afternoon in a parking lot at Fort Hood, where she’s stationed, wearing a black T-shirt.

“Her car keys, barracks room key, identification card and wallet were later found in the armory room where she was working earlier in the day,” officials said in a press release.

Friends and family of Guillen have flooded their social media accounts with pleas to the public to contact the authorities if anyone has any information.

Mayra Guillen wrote on a Facebook post that her sister’s phone was last tracked on Belton, Texas, about 20 minutes away from where she was last seen. Neither her boyfriend or relatives have heard from her since she disappeared, she said.

“Please help me find my girlfriend,” Guillen’s boyfriend, Juan Cruz, tweeted on Friday. “Please anything helps.”

“An extensive search is underway by military members, as well as civilian and military police,” authorities said. Special agents from the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command are also involved in the search.

Media - https://www.crimewatchers.net/media...od-killeen-tx-since-22-april-2020-age-20.467/

Last edited:

Vanessa Guillen Missing: Texas Police Search for Missing Fort Hood Soldier

Vanessa Guillen, a soldier stationed at Fort Hood, Texas, has been missing since the afternoon of Wednesday, April 22, 2020. Her car keys, car, and wallet were still at the base, but she may have had her phone with her. If you have any information, please call the Army CID Special Agents at 254-495-7767 or the Military Police at 254-287-4001. Here’s what we know so far about what happened to Vanessa Guillen.

1. She Was Last Seen at Fort Hood on the Afternoon of April 22

Vanessa Guillen, 20, is stationed at Fort Hood, Texas. She was last seen at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, April 22, in the parking lot of the Regimental Engineer Squadron Headquarters, 3rd Cavalry Regiment, at Fort Hood, according to an Army press release. She’s a Private First Class in the Army, CNN reported. Family members circulating a Missing Person flyer said she was last seen in the Hell on Wheels parking lot between 16th and 19th streets on Fort Hood.

2. Her Car Keys, Room Key, & Wallet Were Left Behind

Guillen had been working earlier in the day in the armory room. Her car keys, barracks room key, identification card, and wallet were found in the armory room.

According to Facebook posts by her sister, Mayra Guillen, Vanessa Guillen hasn’t had any contact with close friends, family, or her boyfriend. Her car is also still at Fort Hood. “Something is not right, please help me find her,” Mayra wrote on Facebook.

In response to questions about cameras at Fort Hood, multiple people have said on Facebook that there just aren’t many cameras on the base. In one discussion on The Ft. Hood Fallen, one person who was at Fort Hood a year ago wrote: “There aren’t many cameras. Just a fact for Hood. Red light cameras, perhaps, but surveillance? No.”

Fort Hood, as with many other places, has been under special shelter-in-place orders due to the coronavirus outbreak. This includes not checking ID cards, but running entry onto the base through an automated ID card scanner. In addition, no visitors have been allowed onto the barracks or on-post housing during the pandemic. A curfew was set for 10 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. every day, with soldiers only allowed to travel outside of curfew hours for essential functions.

3. She Was Wearing a Black Shirt, Purple Leggings & Black Shoes

Guillen was last seen wearing a black T-shirt. Further details about what she was wearing weren’t shared by the Army, but family members circulating a Missing Person post said she was also wearing light purple leggings and black Nike shoes.

4. She Has Three Tattoos on Her Left Arm

Vanessa Guillen’s boyfriend, Juan Cruz, shared on social media that she has three tattoos on her left arm, People.com reported.

5. A Man Went Missing from Fort Hood in August & Still Hasn’t Been Found

Vanessa Guillen isn’t the first person to go missing from Fort Hood this past year. Greg Wedel-Morales went missing in August 2019. In January, Kim Wedel wrote on Facebook: “Tomorrow Greg will be or would have been 24. I hate losing hope but 6 months of no word, no leads, no info makes it very difficult. Please help me out by continuing to look for and watch for him or listen for any information about him while in Texas. I miss him and want him home. Happy birthday baby boy. I love you to the moon and stars and back again.”
1588045110031.png 1588045117313.png

Two missing persons from the same base? That's creepy!

Is it possible that either one of them could have went AWOL? I don't know much about how often people go AWOL. It does seem odd that they would do that during the middle of this pandemic though.

Two missing persons from the same base? That's creepy!

Is it possible that either one of them could have went AWOL? I don't know much about how often people go AWOL. It does seem odd that they would do that during the middle of this pandemic though.

I am not saying it is related but there are several Fort Hood related things through the past how many years, whether instability or what it is, I have no idea.

Does anyone know who saw her in the parking lot at Fort Hood?

And also, why her keys and wallet were found at her work and not with her.

And also, if the information about the lack of cameras is true.

In response to questions about cameras at Fort Hood, multiple people have said on Facebook that there just aren’t many cameras on the base. In one discussion on The Ft. Hood Fallen, one person who was at Fort Hood a year ago wrote: “There aren’t many cameras. Just a fact for Hood. Red light cameras, perhaps, but surveillance? No.”

And also, why her keys and wallet were found at her work and not with her.

And also, if the information about the lack of cameras is true.

In the little bit here, her car was found on base too is that correct? But where she was last seen was miles away? Or at least where her cell pinged..? i have to go re-read it but I think I have that straight.

So even being military, and fit, if she had her phone, she likely did not walk.

Also, if she left the base on her own, she wouldn't be able to come back (without a lot of trouble), as she apparently left her ID behind.

She was apparently last seen in "workout" style clothes. Leggings. Not a military uniform. Was she on a lunch break trying to work out and didn't make it back?

Also, there is likely far fewer civilians allowed on base. Should be easy to see which vehicles were coming and going around that time.

Seen in the parking lot of her barracks...with her keys left behind at her worksite... This is just strange. Did she plan to meet someone in that parking lot?

Also this is reminding me of Ashanti Billie. She was kidnapped from her on-base job in Norfolk. No idea what happened here but I just keep thinking of her.

Retired Navy veteran Eric Brian Brown is accused of abducting Billie from Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story in September 2017. The 19-year-old’s body was found a week and a half later in Charlotte, North Carolina.

There is another case that is tickling my brain and i can't think of the name. I am not saying it is related but the husband who killed his wife was stationed at Fort Hood I could swear and in looking for her body, they searched around there quite a bit. Recent, within the last year or two. Just I guess though another example of a connection to the same place. Maybe I have the wrong military base in mind but I am pretty sure it was Fort Hood. I probably shouldn't even mention it because I am unsure but when I first read this case, he jumped to mind.

Is there ever a time or a job they don't have to wear military fatigues or uniform? To get back to this case? I mean could she have been working in leggings? Or maybe doing some volunteer duty?

There is another case that is tickling my brain and i can't think of the name. I am not saying it is related but the husband who killed his wife was stationed at Fort Hood I could swear and in looking for her body, they searched around there quite a bit. Recent, within the last year or two. Just I guess though another example of a connection to the same place. Maybe I have the wrong military base in mind but I am pretty sure it was Fort Hood. I probably shouldn't even mention it because I am unsure but when I first read this case, he jumped to mind.

Is there ever a time or a job they don't have to wear military fatigues or uniform? To get back to this case? I mean could she have been working in leggings? Or maybe doing some volunteer duty?
Perhaps it was Pfc. Shadow McClaine but that was Fort Campbell.

Perhaps it was Pfc. Shadow McClaine but that was Fort Campbell.

No although that was another bad one. I finally thought of the names. It was this one and I guess it isn't Fort McCoy, I am going to keep looking because I swear there was a remark about McCoy at some point in time. It was Texas though and he is an air force major, not army now that I am a bit refreshed on it.

I will stop there as I don't want seriously sidetrack the thread.

Military police launch 'extensive search' for 20-year-old soldier last seen at Texas base

Authorities are searching for a missing soldier stationed at Fort Hood who hasn't been seen since last Wednesday.

A $15,000 reward for information leading to Guillen's whereabouts is being offered by CID, a tweet from Fort Hood said Monday.

"An extensive search is underway by military members, as well as civilian and military police," the release said.

"Something isn't right" | Missing Fort Hood solider's sister speaks about disappearance

It’s been a week since Fort Hood solider Vanessa Guillen has gone missing. According to her family, it feels like forever.

On Monday, Army officials offered a $15,000 reward for anyone with credible information on her whereabouts. Guillen's sister spoke to 6 News saying this is something she never though she'd have to go through.

Her sister, Mayra Guillen, said all Private First-Class Vanessa Guillen ever wanted to do was fight for this country.

"Something isn't right. Something happened, that it's just hard to tell right now," she said.

6 News reached out to the Army Criminal Investigation Division and they said special agents get involved when someone disappears and there are unusual or suspicious circumstances involved.

"It’s strange the way she vanished,” Guillen said. “It’s unbelievable because all her stuff was there. She was at work."

"She was a family-oriented girl,” Guillen said. "She would come home instead of going to party in nearby cities like Austin or Dallas. It would be easier for her choose another route, but no, she would come home every weekend to us."

Her car keys, room key, identification card and wallet were found in the armory room where she was working earlier in the day. Guillen said her sister means the world to her and she would do anything to find her.

"I love her and I’m not going to stop. I’m not going to stop until I have her with me. I’m trying my best. I know she needs me," said Guillen. https://www.houstonchronicle.com/author/olivia-p-tallet/

'All we want is her with us': Search continues week after soldier's disappearance

It's been one week since a Fort Hood soldier was last seen, leaving her family and friends searching for answers.

"It felt like it has been forever. It actually feels so much longer than a week," said Mayra Guillen.

"She was a very responsible person. She just wouldn't leave her stuff there. I know my sister, she wouldn't leave stuff there if she knew she wasn't coming back," said Mayra.

In the days that have passed, many are wondering how could a soldier go missing on a military post.

Vanessa's family hopes someone comes forward with any information leading to her safe return.

"At this point, just hopes someone comes with a concrete answer, they can tell us something...anything...something concrete. There has to be something," Mayra said.

Texas EquuSearch, a search and rescue organization, tells KWTX they have been in contact with the family. They are waiting on law enforcement on whether or not they would be needed in the search.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back