FL TRENTON DUCKETT: Missing from Leesburg, FL - 27 Aug 2006 - Age 2

1602551916631.png

1580613741611.png 1580613753321.png

Trenton's photo is shown age-progressed to 15 years. He was last seen at approximately 7:00 p.m. on August 27, 2006. Trenton is Biracial. He is Asian and White. Trenton has a small mark over his left eye. He was last seen wearing denim shorts and a green and blue striped shirt.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Trenton was last seen on August 27, 2006 at Windemere Apartments in the 1400 block of Griffin Road in Leesburg, Florida. He was living there with his mother, Melinda M. Duckett, at the time. Melinda stated she put her son to bed at approximately 7:00 p.m. When she went into his room to check on him two hours later, he was missing.

The bedroom window's screen had been slit, leading authorities to speculate that an abductor had gained access to the room through the window and carried the child away.

Authorities initially announced they believed Trenton had been abducted and made an appeal to the public to search for him. Several days after his disappearance, however, investigators stated they had no reason to believe the child was deceased or had been taken out of the local area, and that his parents were the focal point of the investigation.

About a week after Trenton went missing, police stated they were not certain he had disappeared at the time Melinda said he did. No one other than Melinda reported having seen Trenton since his mother picked him up from day care a full day prior to his reported disappearance, and witnesses reported seeing Melinda alone in the hours prior to her son's going missing.

Melinda refused to take a polygraph, and she failed a voice stress test. Investigators found photographs and sonogram images of Trenton, and some of his toys, in the trash bin when they searched Melinda's apartment after the child's disappearance was reported.

It is unclear why someone tried to throw those items away, but their presence in the garbage made police suspicious.

Melinda had told her attorney she took her son and a shotgun to a shooting range at the Ocala National Forest on August 27, then became lost and drove around central Florida for eight hours.

On September 8, thirteen days after her son vanished, Melinda was found shot to death in a closet in her paternal grandparents' home in Lady Lake, Florida. She had taken her own life at the age of 21. She left two notes, neither of which disclosed any information as to what happened to Trenton.

On September 21, nearly a month after Trenton went missing and two weeks after Melinda's death, police officially named her as the prime and only suspect in Trenton's case. They stated they did not necessarily believe she had harmed him, however.

Almost a full year after Trenton disappeared, investigators stated they had ruled out several theories in his case: they no longer believe he was abducted by a stranger or that his mother gave him to another individual to hide from Joshua.

NCMEC - Charley Project - NamUs -

Last edited:
What Trenton Duckett would look like now, 13 years after the Leesburg toddler vanished

Two-year-old Trenton Duckett was last seen at his family’s Leesburg home on Aug. 27, 2006. This week, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children released an age-progressed image showing what the boy would look like today at age 15.

Trenton’s father, Josh Duckett, has continued to hope for his son’s safe return. The boy’s family has previously held vigils to mark the anniversary of Trenton’s disappearance.

“Obviously, (the new picture) gives us hope,” he told News 6 by phone on Friday. "We’ve never given up, and we’re not going to now. We’ve stayed strong since day one, and we know that there’s answers. We prepared ourselves for the worst and we hope for the best.

I felt that his mother had most likely killed the little guy, but haven't really looked into the case for a long time. I'd love to hear other people's theories...

I think she definitely knew what happened to him. I’m not sure I believe that whatever happened was intentional. Would also be interested in hearing other opinions on that. I did follow somewhat closely at the time, but it’s been a while since I’ve examined the details.

I think the immense guilt about what happened and the attempted coverup were just too much. But she definitely knew, at the very least, and it’s a shame she didn’t share it in her note. I never believed she sent him to Korea, but I guess keeping him (or at least keeping the answers) from Josh still meant more to her.

A Fla. Toddler Vanished and then His Mom Died by Suicide — But After 14 Years, Family Still Has Hope

Fourteen years later, the case is still open. PEOPLE confirms that the Leesburg Police Department still receives tips in the baffling case. Authorities won't say whether they believe Trenton is alive or dead -- and they have been unable to solve the case.

But Trenton has not been forgotten. He would now be 16 years old.

His family has not given up hope that the boy is alive.

Trenton’s father, Josh Duckett, has made occasional public appearances and vigils, hoping for the boy's return. "We’ve never given up, and we’re not going to now," he told News 6 last year. "We’ve stayed strong since day one, and we know that there’s answers. We prepared ourselves for the worst and we hope for the best."

While authorities have not released any new developments in the case, police tell PEOPLE that the case has been assigned to a cold case team who is attempting to find new information on the mysterious case.

14 Years Later, Family Hopeful to Find Trenton Duckett​

A family is still fighting for answers, 14-years after the disappearance of a 2-year-old boy in Lake County, Florida. His mother reported 2-year-old Trenton Duckett missing from his Leesburg home, never to be seen again.

Investigators with Leesburg Police are now following up on a new tip that is giving this family renewed hope, that one day we may finally know what happened to Trenton Duckett.

Now, a new tip gives fresh hope for the family of resolving the mystery. A person who lived in the area at the time Trenton went missing has come forward with new information. Capt. Joe Iozzi with Leesburg Police would not disclose details but said time, in this case, may prove helpful.

“There has been a lot of technological advances in investigative work to date,” Iozzi said.

Advances that, Joshua and Beth hope, will help uncover an unturned stone and bring Trenton back home.

“We are not going to give up hope, and we hope that nobody else does either,” Josh Duckett said.

“We will bring Trenton home someday,” Beth Eubank said.

Trenton Duckett case: 14 years missing and mystery continues​

Two-year-old Trenton Duckett disappeared more than 14 years ago. There remains more questions than answers since the Florida boy vanished without a trace.

What happened to Trenton? That’s a question that's been plaguing the boy's father, Josh Duckett, every single day since he was reported missing.

“Here we are 14 years later and we’re still at day one. We don’t have any further answers than what we had the very first night,” Josh Duckett told FOX 35 News. “No footprints outside, no fingerprints, no DNA, no clothing, scrapes, nothing. They’ve proved from science and all of that that the screen was cut from the inside.”

As Leesburg police detectives, the FBI, family and strangers helped search for the missing boy, investigators focused on Melinda Duckett. They even called her the only suspect in Trenton’s disappearance. She was the last person who’d seen the boy. But, there was a problem.

“There's just no evidence. Some will argue that he was killed. Some will argue that he was maybe handed off. When I look at the case, I see a missing kid with no real good explanation to what happened to him,” Leesburg Police Detective Brian Cash told FOX 35 News back in 2011.

Thirteen days after Trenton disappeared, Melinda Duckett committed suicide. The big question, could this case have gone in a different direction?

On Nov. 17, 2020, Leesburg police told FOX 35 News some new information in the investigation. Investigators confirmed that back on Sept. 9, 2006, detectives had a signed warrant in hand to arrest Melinda Duckett on unrelated charges, and while investigators were mulling over whether it would be a good idea to bring her in and squeeze her for information in Trenton’s case, Melinda Duckett killed herself that very day.

Josh Duckett tells FOX 35 News that he just learned about the signed warrant in August 2020 from a retired detective who showed up at the yearly candlelight vigil the Duckett’s hold for Trenton. He questions why investigators didn’t make a move.

“It’s easier to get information out of someone who’s not cooperating than someone who’s not here,” Duckett said.

Trenton would be 16 years old now. The National Center for Mission and Exploited Children released an age progression photo last year of what he could look like.

Leesburg police say Trenton’s case is still an open and active missing person's investigation. And, they still get tips.

“Periodically. Sometimes we might get a couple within a couple of months. Sometimes we might go six months without getting anything,” said Leesburg Police Captain Lee Iozzi.

Josh Duckett is still holding on to hope that he’ll see his son again.

Trenton Duckett case: 14 years missing and mystery continues​

Two-year-old Trenton Duckett disappeared more than 14 years ago. There remains more questions than answers since the Florida boy vanished without a trace.

What happened to Trenton? That’s a question that's been plaguing the boy's father, Josh Duckett, every single day since he was reported missing.

“Here we are 14 years later and we’re still at day one. We don’t have any further answers than what we had the very first night,” Josh Duckett told FOX 35 News. “No footprints outside, no fingerprints, no DNA, no clothing, scrapes, nothing. They’ve proved from science and all of that that the screen was cut from the inside.”

As Leesburg police detectives, the FBI, family and strangers helped search for the missing boy, investigators focused on Melinda Duckett. They even called her the only suspect in Trenton’s disappearance. She was the last person who’d seen the boy. But, there was a problem.

“There's just no evidence. Some will argue that he was killed. Some will argue that he was maybe handed off. When I look at the case, I see a missing kid with no real good explanation to what happened to him,” Leesburg Police Detective Brian Cash told FOX 35 News back in 2011.

Thirteen days after Trenton disappeared, Melinda Duckett committed suicide. The big question, could this case have gone in a different direction?

On Nov. 17, 2020, Leesburg police told FOX 35 News some new information in the investigation. Investigators confirmed that back on Sept. 9, 2006, detectives had a signed warrant in hand to arrest Melinda Duckett on unrelated charges, and while investigators were mulling over whether it would be a good idea to bring her in and squeeze her for information in Trenton’s case, Melinda Duckett killed herself that very day.

Josh Duckett tells FOX 35 News that he just learned about the signed warrant in August 2020 from a retired detective who showed up at the yearly candlelight vigil the Duckett’s hold for Trenton. He questions why investigators didn’t make a move.

“It’s easier to get information out of someone who’s not cooperating than someone who’s not here,” Duckett said.

Trenton would be 16 years old now. The National Center for Mission and Exploited Children released an age progression photo last year of what he could look like.

Leesburg police say Trenton’s case is still an open and active missing person's investigation. And, they still get tips.

“Periodically. Sometimes we might get a couple within a couple of months. Sometimes we might go six months without getting anything,” said Leesburg Police Captain Lee Iozzi.

Josh Duckett is still holding on to hope that he’ll see his son again.
This was the first case I ever watched on Nancy Grace's old show. I could tell she was unhinged. If only if only....

The Missing: 2-year-old Trenton Duckett vanished from his home after mom put him to bed​

Trenton Duckett was just 2-years-old when he vanished from his Leesburg home in 2006.

Since that day, his family has done everything they can to find him. Trenton’s mother, Melinda Duckett, said she put him to bed.

Trenton would now be 17-years-old. His dad Josh continues to show age progression images and holds a vigil every year on the anniversary of his disappearance. He refuses to give up hope.

“Very well could we see all the time cases where people are missing 20, 25 years and then boom they pop up because of something it’s very possible but then we’re also prepared for the worst-case scenario,” said Josh Duckett.

Missing Nearly 16 Years, Trenton Duckett’s Family Celebrates His 18th Birthday Without Him​

Nearly 16 years ago, Leesburg and Lake County were thrust into the national spotlight when a mom going through a divorce and custody battle reported her tiny toddler missing. Over the next two weeks those close to the boy would go through a whirlwind of emotions as police found sonogram pictures in a dumpster, accused the boy’s father of taking him and investigated the mother’s suicide.

Wednesday, Josh Duckett should be eating cake and watching his oldest son Trenton transition into adulthood on his 18th birthday on this typical, warm August evening, but instead he is still waiting for answers years after his son went missing.

Tips still come in so many years later and the latest tip came on Trenton’s birthday from the FBI, according to Iozzi. “We work with all local, state, federal and even international agencies to follow up on tips,” he told Inside Lake.

An investigator is assigned to the case and LPD continues to utilize all available assets from other law enforcement agencies and all forms of media, including print media, broadcast media and social media to crack the case.

“The case is never cold,” Iozzi said, “it’s open all the time. After all these years, he is not forgotten.”

Still today, Trenton’s missing child flyer adorns the front of LPD as visitors walk in the front door.

1660249211831.png

By FOX 35 News Staff
Published February 22, 2023 4:24PM

ORLANDO, Fla. - In Florida, there are nine children that have been reported missing to law enforcement and have never been found, according to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's website.

The majority of the kids were either kidnapped or disappeared under suspicious circumstances, authorities said.

Here are the Missing Child Alerts/AMBER Alerts that remain active in hopes that the community will come forward.

<snip>

Trenton Duckett

• Missing Since: 8/27/2006
  • Missing From: Leesburg
  • Age Missing: 2
  • Age Now: 18
  • Sex: Male
  • Race: Asian and white
Trenton was last seen in the area of Leesburg on Aug. 26, 2006. He was wearing a green and blue striped shirt, blue denim shorts, and no shoes.

Investigators ask that anyone who may have s Trenton's mother, or her vehicle in the vicinity of the Ocala National Forest or the Orlando area between Aug. 26 and Aug. 27, 2006 is urged to call police.

Where is Trenton Duckett?​

I’m News 6 Investigator Mike Deforest. I’m working on a story some of you might remember -- it’s one I covered and have never forgotten.

Two-year-old Trenton Duckett disappeared in Central Florida in 2006 and a search ensued, but then his young mother suddenly committed suicide.

It was a local story that gripped our community and sparked national attention and outrage. The full story of the missing 2-year-old has been a mystery ever since.

So what really happened all those years ago? I’m opening up the files again and re-examining the case. I got a new interview with Trenton’s father, Josh Duckett, who’s never given up hope that his son is alive.

IMO His mother killed him. I am automatically skeptical of an intruder abducting a child. I know it's happened, But it has been proven a lie in most cases. H8s mother's suicide is kind of telling IMO. Abd took the information of where his body is with her. The poor dad. IMO Finding out an absolutely awful truth is better than not knowing. Always wondering. Parents have suffered for decades wondering. In some cases knowing who the killer is, And they will not divulge the information. I can't imagine. I can't remember the case. Maybe I am wrong. "Timothy Pitzen"?. Where the mom killed herself in a hotel room. Mud on the truck. He is nowhere to be found. Her note said he was safe. Years ago. This was an obvious lie. "Vallow" Said her kids were "Safe" too.

The Weekly: News 6′s Mike DeForest discusses 2006 unsolved disappearance of Leesburg toddler​

In 2006, a Leesburg mom told police her 2-year-old son had been kidnapped from his room. Seventeen years later, Trenton Duckett is still missing.

News 6 investigator Mike DeForest recently revisited old case files and archive video as he put together a four-part series on the toddler’s disappearance.

DeForest sat down with anchor Justin Warmoth on “The Weekly” to break down the nearly two-decade long search and why Trenton’s father remains hopeful his son might be found alive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back