AL TIFFANY SMITHERMAN OSBORNE: Missing from Midfield, AL - 17 Feb 2020 - Age 30 *Found Deceased**GUILTY PLEA*

1286432-11-20200310090905.jpeg

Family members are pleading for the public's help in finding Tiffany Smitherman Osborne, a mother of three who disappeared after leaving her home in Midfield, Ala., three weeks ago. Police say Osborne's boyfriend has told them she went out around 11pm on Feb. 17 to walk to a store about a block away and buy cigarettes. She has not been seen or heard from since. Investigators say the store was closed by the time Osborne left the home and they did not see her that night. When she went out, she left her 3-month-old son with the boyfriend, who is the baby's father. Her two older children, 12- and 7-year-old daughters, were with her mother, Cathy Smitherman.

Media - https://www.crimewatchers.net/media...rom-midfield-al-since-17-feb-2020-age-30.292/

Last edited by a moderator:

Police search home ‘for several hours’ after missing mother of newborn disappears: Report

Alabama authorities have intensified their search for an Alabama woman who disappeared a month ago, after her boyfriend claimed she walked to the store alone at night.

ABC33 reports that investigators reportedly spent several hours at 30-year-old Tiffany Osborne’s Midfield home over the weekend, where she lives with her boyfriend. It’s part of the investigation into her disappearance, although police said at this time, the case is being treated as a missing person case only.

Osborne is the mother of three children, including a 3-month-old baby. Family members said it’s highly unusual for Osborne to be gone this long without checking in.

“She hasn’t even reached out to check on the baby and that’s our biggest concern,’’ Jeffries said. “No one has heard from her.”

Jeffries added that the store would have been closed at the time Osborne supposedly walked to it, and the people who worked at the store that evening never saw her. She also left without her cellphone.

Tiffany’s mother, Cathy Smitherman told Dateline that Osborne would “would never just walk out on her children” and “would never not let anyone know where she’s going.”

“What I don’t understand is why she would walk to the store so late at night, especially when they have more than one vehicle sitting in the yard,” Smitherman said.

Osborne’s three children are now living with Smitherman at her Hueytown home, around 15 minutes away from Midfield. Smitherman said the children are worried about their mother. None of Osborne’s friends have heard from her.https://www.crimeonline.com/author/legan/

Police seek Alabama mother of 3 missing since Feb. 17

Tiffany Smitherman Osborne’s family marked her 31st birthday without her Tuesday as police in her small Alabama town continued to search for her nearly a month after she vanished.

Osborne, a mother of three small children, left her Midfield home Feb. 17 on foot. She has not been seen since.

Osborne’s boyfriend told authorities he and the couple’s infant son fell asleep and when he awoke, she had not returned. He reported her missing two days later.

1584564252796.png 1584564292507.png

Her children are adorable. (See at link above. Not posting here as they are minors.)

I wonder what the older two have to say about where mommy went. They may not have seen anything, but they would certainly know if something in the home wasn't right.

Her children are adorable. (See at link above. Not posting here as they are minors.)

I wonder what the older two have to say about where mommy went. They may not have seen anything, but they would certainly know if something in the home wasn't right.
I would like to hear the boyfriend reaching out to find his missing girlfriend.
Also...
Her two older children, 12- and 7-year-old daughters, were with her mother, Cathy Smitherman.

It doesn't make any sense to me that she would not know that the store was closed. If it was that close to where they live I would bet they are frequent customers and would be aware of the stores hours. IMO if the boyfriend is telling a story that doesn't make any sense (walking to a store that she most likely knew was closed and not taking her phone) then he may know more about what happened to Tiffany.

Police search home ‘for several hours’ after missing mother of newborn disappears: Report

Alabama authorities have intensified their search for an Alabama woman who disappeared a month ago, after her boyfriend claimed she walked to the store alone at night.

ABC33 reports that investigators reportedly spent several hours at 30-year-old Tiffany Osborne’s Midfield home over the weekend, where she lives with her boyfriend. It’s part of the investigation into her disappearance, although police said at this time, the case is being treated as a missing person case only.

Osborne is the mother of three children, including a 3-month-old baby. Family members said it’s highly unusual for Osborne to be gone this long without checking in.

“She hasn’t even reached out to check on the baby and that’s our biggest concern,’’ Jeffries said. “No one has heard from her.”

Jeffries added that the store would have been closed at the time Osborne supposedly walked to it, and the people who worked at the store that evening never saw her. She also left without her cellphone.

Tiffany’s mother, Cathy Smitherman told Dateline that Osborne would “would never just walk out on her children” and “would never not let anyone know where she’s going.”

“What I don’t understand is why she would walk to the store so late at night, especially when they have more than one vehicle sitting in the yard,” Smitherman said.

Osborne’s three children are now living with Smitherman at her Hueytown home, around 15 minutes away from Midfield. Smitherman said the children are worried about their mother. None of Osborne’s friends have heard from her.https://www.crimeonline.com/author/legan/
Hopefully neighbors have a Ring or similar and they can tell if she is seen walking anywhere around that time, if not...well, we know.

It says the older ones were at her moms at the time.

"When she went out, she left her 3-month-old son with the boyfriend, who is the baby's father. Her two older children, 12- and 7-year-old daughters, were with her mother, Cathy Smitherman. "

It says the older ones were at her moms at the time.

"When she went out, she left her 3-month-old son with the boyfriend, who is the baby's father. Her two older children, 12- and 7-year-old daughters, were with her mother, Cathy Smitherman. "

Yes, but I wonder if they had been living with her mom or were just visiting? Why were they staying there? Just to visit grandma? Didn't like mommy's boyfriend? Just wondering more about the circumstances. Kids are extremely intuitive.

Body found under mattress in Bessemer, Alabama identified as missing mother Tiffany Smitherman Osborne

A decomposing body found wrapped and concealed under a mattress in Bessemer, Alabama on Wednesday has been identified as missing 30-year-old mother Tiffany Smitherman Osborne, authorities said.

On Thursday, the Jefferson County Coroner's Office officially identified the remains as Midfield, Alabama resident Tiffany Osborne, who disappeared on February 17, 2020. The death is being investigated as a homicide.

Sergeant Michael Jeffries with the Midfield Police Department told Datelinethat a worker cutting grass in the 4200 block of Turin Drive made the discovery around 9:20 a.m. on Wednesday and called police.

Sergeant Jeffries added that the body was found wrapped up and concealed under an old mattress. The industrial area where the body was found is at the end of an unfinished road that is frequently used for dumping trash, according to NBC affiliate WVTM.

I don't like accusing people, and I guess it could be a stranger, but coincidences always bother me. If I had a gas station/convenience store a block from my home, I am pretty sure I would know when it closed. Or I certainly could call and check first. And as a woman alone, I would always take my cell phone at night.

My bet here would go towards the most obvious, typical, odds on answer. Hopefully even if not open, the store had outside video as hopefully did neighbors or others.

I don't know if it's just me but I hadn't seen her boyfriends name in any of the other articles so I had to go looking to confirm it is him who killed her. I found numerous articles stating that Cedric Earl Watts Jr. Is indeed the boyfriend. I'm just posting this in case there are others like me who weren't quite sure if this is him.

I don't know if it's just me but I hadn't seen her boyfriends name in any of the other articles so I had to go looking to confirm it is him who killed her. I found numerous articles stating that Cedric Earl Watts Jr. Is indeed the boyfriend. I'm just posting this in case there are others like me who weren't quite sure if this is him.

Thank you for taking the time to make it clear for us!

Boyfriend pleads guilty in 2020 killing of Tiffany Osborne whose body was found under a mattress​

The boyfriend of a Midfield woman whose decomposing body was found under an old mattress in Bessemer pleaded guilty today in her 2020 death.

Cedric Earl Watts Jr., 39, was initially charged with murder in the death of Tiffany Osborne, a 30-year-old mother who vanished Feb 17, 2020. Her remains were found two months later in an industrial area off Lakeshore Parkway.

Watts on Friday pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of manslaughter before Jefferson County Bessemer Circuit Judge David Carpenter. In according with the plea agreement, Carpenter sentenced Watts to 18 years in prison with credit for time served.

Watt has been in the Jefferson County Jail since late 2020.

18 years cut probably by a third and credit for time served. He will likely be out in ten or so. Disgusting. And manslaughter. What about other charges like moving/hiding/abuse of a corpse, obstructing justice or how about some DEGREE of murder instead of manslaughter... Smdh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back