THIS JUST IN ~ CURRENT NEWS STORIES

breaking-news-background-planet-260nw-667420906.jpg

ONGOING CRIME BREAKING NEWS!

Starting in January 2020, this thread is about the news as it breaks!

Bernard Madoff says he is dying and is asking a judge for compassionate release from prison, where he is serving 150 years for orchestrating the largest Ponzi scheme in history, according to a Wednesday federal court filing.

Madoff, 81, has terminal kidney failure and a life expectancy of less than 18 months. When the court sentenced him, “it was clear that Madoff’s 150-year prison sentence was symbolic for three reasons: retribution, deterrence, and for the victims,” the court filing states. “This Court must now consider whether keeping Madoff incarcerated … is truly in furtherance of statutory sentencing goals and our society’s value and understanding of compassion.”

Madoff said in the request for compassionate release that he “does not dispute the severity of his crimes.”

IMO- stay in jail

Last edited by a moderator:
Under a settlement reached on Friday, Cincinnati Public Schools will pay $3 million to the family of Gabriel Taye, a third grader who took his own life after being bullied by his classmates at Carson Elementary School.

Still don't understand.

Then you will be utterly disgusted to know that the beautiful headstone on Cherish's grave has been removed. Who would do such a vile thing? I bet my life it was that same vile creature who basically handed Cherish over to a monster.

The group that watches over her grave and cleans and decorates it have reported this info. They will be contacting the news and seeing what else they can do about the situation. Even in death, that vile creature finds a way to further disrespect and abuse Cherish.
Here are pics. Before and after.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210606-205116.png
    Screenshot_20210606-205116.png
    388.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 190257910_4167504639939675_1355078551461817696_n (1).jpg
    190257910_4167504639939675_1355078551461817696_n (1).jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 8
And just what does one do with a huge gravestone like that?? Not like you can do anything else with it. Does it sit in storage? Did she have it destroyed?

If there was a chance she could hock it, or sell it for scrap for money, I would not put it past her.

And just what does one do with a huge gravestone like that?? Not like you can do anything else with it. Does it sit in storage? Did she have it destroyed?

If there was a chance she could hock it, or sell it for scrap for money, I would not put it past her.

I was wondering what happened to it too. Could somebody buy it off her if she didn't have it destroyed?

This sounds intriguing
I am soooooo far behind on this thread it looks like. Many pages and many posts.

This was an interesting article although no surprise for us crime junkies right? I agree on much of it and the intrigue and wanting to solve the crime is definitely part of it but I think what goes along with that for me is it engages the brain when I have a need to get my mind off of other things. And it's not dull and it never fails to hold my interest. Adding in internet and being able to talk and bounce ideas off of others helps as well.

Towards the end where she said the good and bad of internet or SM with crime but then adds that she thinks the Ramirez serial killer case she thinks would have been solved much more quickly with internet and SM was interesting. I know you are well read on that case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back