THIS JUST IN ~ CURRENT NEWS STORIES

breaking-news-background-planet-260nw-667420906.jpg

ONGOING CRIME BREAKING NEWS!

Starting in January 2020, this thread is about the news as it breaks!

Bernard Madoff says he is dying and is asking a judge for compassionate release from prison, where he is serving 150 years for orchestrating the largest Ponzi scheme in history, according to a Wednesday federal court filing.

Madoff, 81, has terminal kidney failure and a life expectancy of less than 18 months. When the court sentenced him, “it was clear that Madoff’s 150-year prison sentence was symbolic for three reasons: retribution, deterrence, and for the victims,” the court filing states. “This Court must now consider whether keeping Madoff incarcerated … is truly in furtherance of statutory sentencing goals and our society’s value and understanding of compassion.”

Madoff said in the request for compassionate release that he “does not dispute the severity of his crimes.”

IMO- stay in jail

Last edited by a moderator:
You want to kill yourself. Don't take another person with you. That's B.S.
Yeah, I suspect there was more to it, not that it excuses it by any means. I don't mean foul play I mean she was beyond something, hope or otherwise. I fail to understand anyone who takes their children as well but it sure does happen. Maybe an obsession with the evil world or something. Recent divorce and yet it said she was the one who filed for it...

Yeah, I suspect there was more to it, not that it excuses it by any means. I don't mean foul play I mean she was beyond something, hope or otherwise. I fail to understand anyone who takes their children as well but it sure does happen. Maybe an obsession with the evil world or something. Recent divorce and yet it said she was the one who filed for it...
I've been suicidal more times than I can count. I get infuriated with the world. Very crushing break up. Break downs. The world keeps spinning.

I refuse to share headlines about some Hollywood stuff so I'll just mention it because I am not helping a news org with sharing that stuff... Lori Loughlin's husband Mossimo whatever his name is is requesting to finish his five month sentence in home confinement. Poor baby... Last I knew he was already in solitary (and I don't mean punishment type of solitary but where he deals with nothing and no one else)...

Go home?? Lucky they got the sentence they did imo. Suck it up mister.

Okay, generally ignore "Hollywood" type of stuff but a new show "Exhumed"... And yet they were surprised no true crime show centers no exhumations? Really? How much of a true crime watcher can you be to not realize that? Just a "Snapped" addict I am guessing...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back