THIS JUST IN ~ CURRENT NEWS STORIES

breaking-news-background-planet-260nw-667420906.jpg

ONGOING CRIME BREAKING NEWS!

Starting in January 2020, this thread is about the news as it breaks!

Bernard Madoff says he is dying and is asking a judge for compassionate release from prison, where he is serving 150 years for orchestrating the largest Ponzi scheme in history, according to a Wednesday federal court filing.

Madoff, 81, has terminal kidney failure and a life expectancy of less than 18 months. When the court sentenced him, “it was clear that Madoff’s 150-year prison sentence was symbolic for three reasons: retribution, deterrence, and for the victims,” the court filing states. “This Court must now consider whether keeping Madoff incarcerated … is truly in furtherance of statutory sentencing goals and our society’s value and understanding of compassion.”

Madoff said in the request for compassionate release that he “does not dispute the severity of his crimes.”

IMO- stay in jail

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a video of the same story .. grab a tissue

You weren't kidding. I am crying. This one seemed to be a true crime of opportunity/stranger making it so much harder. Sad her dad died before there were answers. In watching Profiling Evil lately, just been watching some more of theirs, they talk about how it feels as LE when families need answers and years go on... They have had a good few on DNA and the familial profiling...

The emotion in mom and LE was so apparent. It can't bring her back but I am so glad they have an answer.

You weren't kidding. I am crying. This one seemed to be a true crime of opportunity/stranger making it so much harder. Sad her dad died before there were answers. In watching Profiling Evil lately, just been watching some more of theirs, they talk about how it feels as LE when families need answers and years go on... They have had a good few on DNA and the familial profiling...

The emotion in mom and LE was so apparent. It can't bring her back but I am so glad they have an answer.
We could have been in the same class. She would be the same age as me now. A whole life taken.

Markham police said the woman had been dead for at least 30 days before her transport and had been previously reported missing.

They believe her death started as a domestic assault.

Martin was arrested at the library in Markham and charged as a fugitive fleeing prosecution. Police said he wasn't initially cooperative, but eventually gave a full statement to police, admitting that the torso was buried in a park near where the two lived in Louisville.

When asked about why he kept parts of her body, Martin told police he still wanted to be with her -- at least part of her.

Interesting... Happened back in July??? Retirement already planned? Hmm. Woman disappears/unknown. Hmm. Video surfaces? Hmm. Almost sounds like a pay-off for silence... Then someone did a "whistle blow" with the video... Hard to say, just speculation, but certainly strange...

The driver did not report the incident to his supervisors, St. Aubin said, and he retired shortly thereafter in a move that had been planned much earlier.

Asked if the city had interrupted his retirement to inquire about the accident, St. Aubin said the city law department was handling that aspect.

How the video came to be on social media wasn't clear. It was tweeted by at least one local Twitter user Tuesday, then picked up by Twitter heavyweight Rex Chapman. His tweet of the video had been seen about 400,000 times by midafternoon.

Sorry for quoting myself, but I just can't get over the fact that he traveled from Kentucky to Chicago in a Greyhound bus with suitcases full of body parts. Really disturbing.
How odd. So were these suitcases thrown in the underbelly of the bus? And then back out on arrival? Or did he keep them with him on the bus? Strange case. Did he just plan on letting the contents sit in the cases in the home of his relatives day after day? Maybe he went to the library to research on how to get rid of the body.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back