THIS JUST IN ~ CURRENT NEWS STORIES

breaking-news-background-planet-260nw-667420906.jpg

ONGOING CRIME BREAKING NEWS!

Starting in January 2020, this thread is about the news as it breaks!

Bernard Madoff says he is dying and is asking a judge for compassionate release from prison, where he is serving 150 years for orchestrating the largest Ponzi scheme in history, according to a Wednesday federal court filing.

Madoff, 81, has terminal kidney failure and a life expectancy of less than 18 months. When the court sentenced him, “it was clear that Madoff’s 150-year prison sentence was symbolic for three reasons: retribution, deterrence, and for the victims,” the court filing states. “This Court must now consider whether keeping Madoff incarcerated … is truly in furtherance of statutory sentencing goals and our society’s value and understanding of compassion.”

Madoff said in the request for compassionate release that he “does not dispute the severity of his crimes.”

IMO- stay in jail

Last edited by a moderator:
I did ask to be added to political thread. I am not added. This crap is uncalled for. They had no right to block this guy.
You do have access to the political thread so if there's an access issue please let us know. ;)

O.K. I am stupid the 40 some yrs.
The way I understand it, it is 40 for the most severe charge (if given of course, that is the max) and less on each of the other two. The judge can wrap them in or run them concurrently. Then it is being said the prosecution may ask (or even already plan to, unsure on that) for the judge to find aggravating factor(s) which can increase the sentences allowed for the charge(s).

I did ask to be added to political thread. I am not added. This crap is uncalled for. They had no right to block this guy.
Well from what it sounds like the cops were there and allowing the group to march down the middle of the street. Not saying it is right, just that apparently LE was okay with it. Or were they there protecting the county attorney? Hard to say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back