THIS JUST IN ~ CURRENT NEWS STORIES

breaking-news-background-planet-260nw-667420906.jpg

ONGOING CRIME BREAKING NEWS!

Starting in January 2020, this thread is about the news as it breaks!

Bernard Madoff says he is dying and is asking a judge for compassionate release from prison, where he is serving 150 years for orchestrating the largest Ponzi scheme in history, according to a Wednesday federal court filing.

Madoff, 81, has terminal kidney failure and a life expectancy of less than 18 months. When the court sentenced him, “it was clear that Madoff’s 150-year prison sentence was symbolic for three reasons: retribution, deterrence, and for the victims,” the court filing states. “This Court must now consider whether keeping Madoff incarcerated … is truly in furtherance of statutory sentencing goals and our society’s value and understanding of compassion.”

Madoff said in the request for compassionate release that he “does not dispute the severity of his crimes.”

IMO- stay in jail

Last edited by a moderator:
While criminals are going to get ahold of guns something needs to be done. Assault weapons. There is no need for them. There are more firearms in the U.S. than people.

While criminals are going to get ahold of guns something needs to be done. Assault weapons. There is no need for them. There are more firearms in the U.S. than people.
I don't know what the answer is but it is not stopping law abiding citizens from having one and defending themselves or family or only criminals would have them and others would be defenseless. If I had to guess, Cali has stricter laws than we do and it stopped nothing. I am sure probably some are trafficked and shutting that down would be a start...

I don't know what the answer is but it is not stopping law abiding citizens from having one and defending themselves or family or only criminals would have them and others would be defenseless. If I had to guess, Cali has stricter laws than we do and it stopped nothing. I am sure probably some are trafficked and shutting that down would be a start...
Yeah. The only thing I say is stop assault weapons. Other than that I have no answer. There is no magic answer for this except take away all firearms. That's not it. And they will still be around.

Yeah. The only thing I say is stop assault weapons. Other than that I have no answer. There is no magic answer for this except take away all firearms. That's not it. And they will still be around.
Well it would not stop all first offenses but coming down hard when someone has an illegal one, not owned, registered, etc. would be a start. Big sentences. Or when a felon is found to have one. I agree on certain types of guns for sure not being legal.

I've known plenty of law abiding, Responsible people who owned guns. Does someone need 200 firearms?. There is no easy answer.
Well there are some serious collectors... There also are total nutcases who stockpile such...

Dad is in prison. Mom lost custody due to drugs or something. They were staying with grandma.
Oldest boy ran off in September, oldest girl ran off in October. They were reported missing and have had active missing persons reports.
Two youngest were still in the home until this past Monday, when the 8-year-old was reported missing.
The woman arrested is grandma.
Can only imagine why the oldest two ran away after hearing this news. Their survivor's guilt must be unbearable. :(

So the deceased 8 year old was found in a trash bag in the trunk of Grandma Dearest's Lexus.

So the deceased 8 year old was found in a trash bag in the trunk of Grandma Dearest's Lexus.

This is terrible. I doubt we know the half of it yet, less even.

She was sleeping in the back seat after leaving a preschool? Was she picking up or dropping another child off at preschool I wonder? Just wondering as this girl was 8. Apparently someone saw her and TS sleeping in the car...

This is terrible. I doubt we know the half of it yet, less even.

She was sleeping in the back seat after leaving a preschool? Was she picking up or dropping another child off at preschool I wonder? Just wondering as this girl was 8. Apparently someone saw her and TS sleeping in the car...
BAIL?! GPS?! They better give her more time than that! Failure to report a death. I am sure an 8 year old died of natural causes. Injustice system!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back