OR TERESA DAVIDSON-MURPHY: Missing from Rainier, OR - 7 October 1999 - Age 34

Akoya

3ZqzdXl.jpg

Theresa was last seen at her residence in the vicinity of the 72000 block of Hutchinson Road in Rainer, OR.

edited by staff to add media link

*Click the Report button if you'd like this case moved to the general discussion area to be opened for commenting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Akoya

Details of Disappearance

Theresa came home on Thursday, October 7 after dropping her daughter off at a relative's house and saw her husband before he went on a camping trip for the weekend. Her sister-in-law reported her missing on October 23, 1999.

All of Theresa's personal belongings were found inside the house. Her pickup truck was parked near the residence with the keys in the ignition.
A few days after Theresa's disappearance, her husband, Richard Murphy, reported a .45 caliber, semi-automatic handgun missing from the residence. Investigators are looking for the gun in the hopes it will provide clues into Theresa's whereabouts. The gun's serial number is 2757178.
Theresa left behind a sizable amount of money in her bank account and she had a house that she owned that she let foreclose since the time she disappeared. She had two children she's had no contact with since. She's been described as an extremely devoted mother who would never leave her children.
Foul play is suspected in her disappearance.
Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Oregon State Police
Detective Jeff Hershman
(503) 731-3020 ext. 264

http://www.nampn.org/cases/davidson-murphy_theresa.html

Akoya

http://doenetwork.org/cases/511dfor.html

The Doe Network:
Case File 511DFOR

Theresa Ann Davidson-Murphy
Missing since October 7, 1999 from Rainer, Oregon
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: May 15, 1965
Age at Time of Disappearance: 34 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10-6'0"; 130-140 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Light brown hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: Tattoo of a "Green Rose" on right ankle, Pierced ears.
Clothing/Jewelry: Green sweater, blue jeans, white athletic shoes. Wedding ring, gold chain necklace.
AKA: Teri, Theresa Ann Colpit
Circumstances of Disappearance
Theresa was last seen at her residence in the vicinity of the 72000 block of Hutchinson Road in Rainer, OR.
All of Theresa's personal belongings were found inside the house. Her pickup truck was parked near the residence with the keys in the ignition.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Oregon State Police
503-731-3020

Agency Case Number: 003991

Source Information:
National Center for Missing Adults
North American Missing Persons Network

Akoya

Theresa was last seen at her residence in the 72000 block of Hutchinson Road in Rainier, OR., on October 7, 1999. All of Theresa's personal belongings were found inside the house. Her pickup truck was parked near the residence with the keys in the ignition. Theresa came home after dropping her daughter off at a relative's house and saw her husband before he went on a camping trip for the weekend. Her sister-in-law reported her missing on October 23, 1999. She has two children and she was described as an extremely devoted mother who would never leave her children.

Ju36oNm.jpg

EaCu8y1.jpg

Akoya

https://www.wxxv25.com/2018/10/06/orego ... t-a-trace/

OREGON MOTHER REMAINS MISSING 19 YEARS AFTER DISAPPEARING WITHOUT A TRACE
By
NBC News
-
October 6, 2018

ynHE2fS.jpg

Jessica told Dateline she stayed with Richard’s cousin for a few more days since her stepfather Richard was still on his camping trip, and no one was answering the home phone.
“Eventually, Richard answered the phone,” Jessica told Dateline. She said Richard told her he had no idea where Terry was. Richard picked Jessica up from his cousin’s and took her home, but called her biological father to come and collect her shortly thereafter.
On October 11, Jessica’s biological father Steven drove the six-hour drive from Klamath Falls to Rainier to pick up his daughter. According to Jessica, Richard said he called hospitals to try to find Terry, but could not locate her. Jessica says Richard also told her he called police to ask if they knew where Terry was, however, he did not go so far as to report her missing at that time.
According to Jessica and Evon, all of Terry’s personal belongings and her car had been at the family’s home since she was last seen on October 7. It would take a couple of weeks before Terry’s sister-in-law would report her missing, Terry’s mother Evon said. That happened on October 23.
According to a statement by the Oregon State Police, Terry’s gun was missing from the family’s home.
Captain Tim Fox of the Oregon State Police said that Terry’s case is “an active and open investigation.” However, he declined to comment further on Terry’s disappearance.
Jessica moved in with her father and brother for a time and eventually moved in with her grandparents Evon and Richard Riesch, Terry’s mom said.
Jessica said growing up without a mother took a toll on her life.
“I think losing someone so close to me — someone that was my best friend and mom — all of a sudden really ruined the way I see life,” Jessica told Dateline. “She was very loving, very hard-working, very caring. My fondest memories are of my mom and I going to parks and just hanging out together. We would talk a lot together. I could go to her with anything.”
On the 19th anniversary of Terry’s disappearance, Terry’s mother thinks there is only a small chance her daughter is still alive.
“I just hope we can find out what happened to her,” Evon told Dateline. “I’m 77 years old. I don’t want to leave this earth not know what happened to her.”
Theresa “Terry” Ann Davidson-Murphy is described as being 6’0” tall and weighing 140 lbs. with brown hair and blue eyes. She would be 53 years old today. If you have information related to Terry’s disappearance, contact the Oregon State Police at (503) 731-3020.

Talk to WXXV’s anchors, reporters and meteorologists. When you see news happening, share it! We’d love to hear from you.
(228) 832-2525|newsrelease@wxxv25.com
14351 Hwy 49 North Gulfport, MS 39503

Akoya

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/cold-ca ... ce-n917396

COLD CASE SPOTLIGHT

OCT 6 2018, 1:01 PM ET

Theresa Ann Davidson-Murphy still missing on 19th anniversary of her disappearance
by JULIET MUIR

In 1989, Theresa “Terry” Ann Davidson-Murphy was going through a divorce from her first husband, Steven Colpitts. The couple had two children together, Justin and Jessica.
After the divorce, Terry and the two children lived in various states across the country before settling in Covington, Washington, according to Terry’s mother Evon Riesch.

43108012_327184677860212_7876627797869854720_n_518a5e1216d2dbd73f3bf28a26a55271.nbcnews-ux-1024-900.png

Theresa Ann Davidson-Murphy Jessica Borreson
“Growing up she was a perfect kid,” Evon said about her daughter Terry. “And then she was a wonderful mother, herself.”
Terry got a job working at a Boeing aircraft manufacturing plant, and soon met a man named Richard Murphy. The pair started dating and married on July 3, 1998.
Shortly after, Terry and Richard moved to Rainier, Washington so they could be closer to Richard’s family. Terry’s daughter Jessica Borreson says she made the move with her mother and stepfather, but her brother Justin decided to move in with their biological father in Klamath Falls, Oregon.

43074523_1078738128973802_2147208993431355392_n_5f735c020fd1d9bb1f80428da6e1eda3.nbcnews-ux-1024-900.jpg

Theresa and Jessica Jessica Borreson
Moving to the new town proved difficult for Terry, her mother Evon said.
“She loved her job, which she had to give up to move,” Evon told Dateline. “She was saying she didn’t know anyone in the town and wished she hadn’t moved.”
Evon said she and her daughter Terry remained in contact, talking regularly on the phone.
On October 7, one week after Jessica’s 13th birthday, 35-year-old Terry drove her daughter to a friend’s house for a three-night sleepover. The friend happened to be Richard’s cousin’s daughter; the two girls had a volleyball game together the following day.
“I gave her a hug and kiss and she was gone,” Jessica recalls.
According to a statement by the Oregon State Police, Terry’s husband Richard would later tell the Oregon State Police that he saw Terry when she returned home from dropping Jessica off at the sleepover, but that he had left for a camping trip that night, shortly after Terry returned home.
Dateline was unable to contact Richard Murphy for this report.
The day after her volleyball game, October 9, Jessica called home from her friend’s house to tell her mother about the game.
“She didn't sound like herself. But at that time I didn't think much of it,” Jessica told Dateline.
Jessica stayed at Richard’s cousin’s house that weekend, as planned, and expected to be picked up by her mother on Sunday, October 10. But Terry never showed up.
“I tried calling the house several times because it's not like my mom to not show up,” Jessica said.

43149290_291081954832779_5549032926785568768_n_ea74d4b218eb1f3908fdfc79fe816b61.nbcnews-ux-1024-900.jpg

Theresa Ann Davidson Murphy Jessica Borreson
Jessica told Dateline she stayed with Richard's cousin for a few more days since her stepfather Richard was still on his camping trip, and no one was answering the home phone.
“Eventually, Richard answered the phone,” Jessica told Dateline. She said Richard told her he had no idea where Terry was. Richard picked Jessica up from his cousin’s and took her home, but called her biological father to come and collect her shortly thereafter.
On October 11, Jessica’s biological father Steven drove the six-hour drive from Klamath Falls to Rainier to pick up his daughter. According to Jessica, Richard said he called hospitals to try to find Terry, but could not locate her. Jessica says Richard also told her he called police to ask if they knew where Terry was, however, he did not go so far as to report her missing at that time.
According to Jessica and Evon, all of Terry’s personal belongings and her car had been at the family’s home since she was last seen on October 7. It would take a couple of weeks before Terry’s sister-in-law would report her missing, Terry’s mother Evon said. That happened on October 23.
According to a statement by the Oregon State Police, Terry's gun was missing from the family's home.
Captain Tim Fox of the Oregon State Police said that Terry’s case is “an active and open investigation.” However, he declined to comment further on Terry’s disappearance.
Jessica moved in with her father and brother for a time and eventually moved in with her grandparents Evon and Richard Riesch, Terry’s mom said.
Jessica said growing up without a mother took a toll on her life.
“I think losing someone so close to me -- someone that was my best friend and mom -- all of a sudden really ruined the way I see life,” Jessica told Dateline. “She was very loving, very hard-working, very caring. My fondest memories are of my mom and I going to parks and just hanging out together. We would talk a lot together. I could go to her with anything.”
On the 19th anniversary of Terry’s disappearance, Terry’s mother thinks there is only a small chance her daughter is still alive.
“I just hope we can find out what happened to her,” Evon told Dateline. “I'm 77 years old. I don't want to leave this earth not know what happened to her.”
Theresa “Terry” Ann Davidson-Murphy is described as being 6’0” tall and weighing 140 lbs. with brown hair and blue eyes. She would be 53 years old today. If you have information related to Terry’s disappearance, contact the Oregon State Police at (503) 731-3020.

contact.nbcnews@nbcuni.com

Akoya

https://player.fm/series/the-vanished-p ... son-murphy

The vanished podcast did an episode on Theresa Davidson-Murphy. Her daughter, mother and step brother is interviewed

Some interesting things that were discussed.

- Theresa is originally from Puyallup, WA where she had a job working with computers. She loved her job and her life there but Richard pressured her to sell her home and move to Rainier, Oregon so he could be closer to his family who pretty much run the entire town.

- In the days prior to Theresa's disappearance, she called her step brother and was whispering in a low voice as if Richard was standing over her shoulder. She told him about his behavior that she had noticed some odd things about Richard such as him having a tattoo of a pentagram on his ass which she never noticed before. She didn't go into anymore detail.

- After Theresa disappeared, her truck was found down the road and with the keys still in the ignition. Richard said she ran off with her gun and got into a car at the highway. Theresa took no other belongings with her and her gun is still missing. Recently a fisherman found a gun in the Columbia river which is near Theresa's home, it was extremely rusty and is still being analyzed by police.

- Richard told the police that Theresa was into drugs and known to be away for long periods of time, this was completely untrue but the police took him at his word. he refused to take a polygraph and tells detectives to get off his property when they go to interview him. After Theresa disappeared Richard got with another woman and was allegedly abusive to her.

Last month, a detective told Theresa's mother that they are going to get the four detectives that were related to the case, as well the retired ones to go over the case again with fresh eyes. She called them recently and asked him if anything is happening, and they told her ''there is some things i can tell you, and some things i can't.''

Akoya

After two decades, family still searching for missing Oregon woman

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...i ... gon-woman/
By Alex Bruell
Oct. 6, 2019

It’s been 20 years since a Rainier, Oregon, woman disappeared without explanation, but her daughter and mother are still holding out hope to find her.

“I’ll never give up hope,” Jessica Borreson said recently of the search for her mother, Teresa Davidson, who was last seen in October 1999. “My mom was my best friend. My mom was my rock. … I just can’t bear myself to give up hope. I’ve read stories about how missing people have been found 35 years later.

Akoya

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... gon-woman/

After two decades, family still searching for missing Oregon woman

Oct. 6, 2019 at 6:40 am Updated Oct. 6, 2019 at 1:30 pm
By
Alex Bruell The Daily News, Longview, Wash.

It’s been 20 years since a Rainier, Oregon, woman disappeared without explanation, but her daughter and mother are still holding out hope to find her.
“I’ll never give up hope,” Jessica Borreson said recently of the search for her mother, Teresa Davidson, who was last seen in October 1999. “My mom was my best friend. My mom was my rock. … I just can’t bear myself to give up hope. I’ve read stories about how missing people have been found 35 years later.”

Oregon State Police Capt. Tim Fox said Thursday that Davidson’s disappearance is still an open investigation. He said he had no further information on the case to share. “I wish I did,” Fox said in an email.

Borreson said it feels like she’s “getting nowhere” with detectives. She and her grandmother, Evon Riesch, have reached out to news media and social media and written letters to state congressmen and senators to spread her mother’s story and recruit helpers to try to find her.

“This is my only child,” Riesch said. “We’ve done everything that we could think of, and we just want to find her, find out what happened to her, when, why, anything. … Being 78 years old, I have emphysema and COPD. I would love dearly, if anything, to know exactly what happened to her before anything happens to me.”

Teresa Davidson was last seen in her Rainier home on Oct. 7, 1999. She’d come home that day after dropping Borreson, then 13, off at a relative’s house in Rainier. She saw her husband Richard Murphy, who said he was leaving for a weekend camping trip. Davidson did not take any personal belongings and left her pickup at her house with the keys in the ignition, according to the Oregon State Police.
Davidson was supposed to pick Borreson up from the relative’s house, but she never came back, Riesch said. At the time she disappeared, Davidson was 6 feet tall, 130 pounds, with blue eyes and long brown hair. She would now be 55.

A few days after her disappearance, Murphy reported a .45-caliber handgun missing from the residence. (That gun is a 1991 Colt 1911 A1 .45-caliber, serial number 2757178.) In 2001, the Oregon State Police reported Davidson was likely dead: “All indications are that it appears Teresa Davidson has most likely met with foul play,” Detective Jeff Hershman said.

He cited the fact that Davidson left behind a large amount of money in her bank account, a house she owned that was foreclosed on after she disappeared, and most critically, her two children with whom she’s had no contact since disappearing. Davidson was described as an “extremely devoted mother” who would not have left her kids behind, Hershman said. Borreson, now 33, lives in Klamath Falls, Oregon, and is a customer service manager at Walmart. She said she was extremely close with her mother: “I was basically like her little shadow.”

“My mom was an amazing person,” Borreson said. “She did whatever she had to do to make sure my brother and I were taken care of. She was there for me. … She was a hard worker, she was caring. She would go the extra mile for a person she didn’t even know.” Riesch, who lives in Umpire, Arkansas, said the two were “like glue,” and that Davidson wouldn’t have left her daughter for anything. And Borreson said she dreads the anniversary of her mother’s disappearance. “I hate it,” she said. “It’s frustrating. It’s heartbreaking. I can’t even put words to it … I think the worst part about everything is not knowing.”

Anyone with information about the case can reach Oregon State Police headquarters at 503-378-3720.

Scorpio

Teresa's story was featured on the Vanished Podcast which you can listen to above. Both Teresa's daughter and her mother is interveiwed for the podcast.

A quick recap from the episode

- Teresa is originally from Puyallup, WA where she had a job working with computers. She loved her job and her life there but her husband, Richard pressured her to sell her home and move to Rainier, Oregon so he could be closer to his family who pretty much ran the entire town according to Teresa's mother.

- Teresa and her daughter were incredibly close to one another.

- In the days prior to Theresa's disappearance, she called her step brother and was whispering in a low voice as if Richard was standing over her shoulder. She told him about his behavior and that she had noticed some odd things about Richard.

- After Theresa disappeared, her truck was found down the road from where they lived with the keys still in the ignition. Richard said she ran off with her gun and got into a car at the highway. Theresa took no other belongings with her and her gun is still missing. Recently a fisherman found a gun in the Columbia river which is near Theresa's home, it was extremely rusty and is still being analyzed by police. The detective told Teresa's mother there was once a plane crash in that area once and it's possible the gun could be related to that instead.

- Richard told the police lies that Theresa was into drugs and known to be away for long periods of time, this was completely untrue but the police took him at his word. he refused to take a polygraph and tells detectives to get off his property when they go to interview him. After Theresa disappeared Richard got with another woman and was allegedly abusive to her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shastaoshey