CO SUZANNE MORPHEW: Missing from Chaffee County, CO - 10 May 2020 - Age 49 *Found Deceased*

A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned, sparking a search involving more than 100 emergency personnel.

The Chaffee County Communications Center received a report on Sunday at 5:46 p.m. regarding a missing woman in the area of County Road 225 and West Highway 50.

Anybody who has information on Morphew’s whereabouts is asked to call the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office at 719-539-2596 or Chaffee County Crime Stoppers at 719-539-2599.

1589412136362.png

edited by staff to add media link

Last edited:
This is kind of dry legal stuff but one attorney knows about guardianship and one knows about the nonprofit in this case kind of thing. Each are experts just in one. In a nutshell it came together a bit in the end to first of all, and they did not use names, they were talking generally, but a conservator is supposed to make financial decisions and such based on the BEST interests of the missing person...

And then on the other hand from the other attorney someone who put say a million dollar home into a nonprofit and "gave it to the foundation" and just donated an asset that large, she would want to know their purpose. Did they plan on paying himself or the board a large salary from the sale of it? Did they plan to use it as a homeless shelter? What's the purpose?

And finally then back to the guardianship/conservator expert attorney, he said if someone donated a missing person's home to a nonprofit, he could think of no way that could be explained to the court as in the best interest of the missing person!

It was a dry bunch of information but this coming together at the end was worth watching it.

Sooooo, I think Barry could end up with some issues when he is supposed to be protecting and doing the best thing with Suzanne's assets... He may want to watch this show... And he is doing all this so brazenly, publicly and quickly...

There were some other points too like what a large donation from a board member and not the public could put different types of nonprofits into for problems but that is what I found most interesting and at least it is mostly clear to me now.

It has the appearance of a page that is not public. Certain things are visible (profile pictures, cover pictures, check-ins), but most things are not.
Either that or she just didn't post very much. But I don't get that impression.
Actually I remember now that you say that a Youtuber saying most of her stuff was pretty private, she did not post a lot and that is why seeing the check-in seemed odd. She must just have a few settings public for a few things then and that was allegedly a tag/event.

Here is a good video about the Dr. Oz episode with Nancy Grace discussing Suzanne's disappearance and Barry's actions on the day she disappeared.

I didn't realize it was Plunder until I started watching. Where did confirmation come from that her helmet was found I wonder? No one else has said or confirmed that to my knowledge. If that was the item found down the road from the bike, if I recall they were about 1/3 of a mile apart.

Nothing I can think of makes sense in that, other than someone laying a trail or planting "evidence". I don't see a mountain lion taking her helmet off and throwing her bike and I don't see an abductor doing it either. I also don't see Suzanne doing it for any rhyme nor reason....

Thanks for the video.

I didn't realize it was Plunder until I started watching. Where did confirmation come from that her helmet was found I wonder? No one else has said or confirmed that to my knowledge. If that was the item found down the road from the bike, if I recall they were about 1/3 of a mile apart.

Nothing I can think of makes sense in that, other than someone laying a trail or planting "evidence". I don't see a mountain lion taking her helmet off and throwing her bike and I don't see an abductor doing it either. I also don't see Suzanne doing it for any rhyme nor reason....

Thanks for the video.
I am not sure where that information came from either that was new to me as well. If it was the "item" that was found shortly after the bike was recovered it seems like someone might have been trying to lead the investigation in a certain direction perhaps away from where Suzanne really is but that's just my opinion. Nothing about the mountain lion theory has ever made sense to me there just isn't any evidence to support that at all.

I am not sure where that information came from either that was new to me as well. If it was the "item" that was found shortly after the bike was recovered it seems like someone might have been trying to lead the investigation in a certain direction perhaps away from where Suzanne really is but that's just my opinion. Nothing about the mountain lion theory has ever made sense to me there just isn't any evidence to support that at all.
I never heard about them finding the helmet either. But if that's a fact, and her helmet was found like you've explained, I agree with you! It's kind of like how mama birds will steer people away from a nest.

:welcome: It's great having you here, @FightingCrime247 !

Yes, the only thing that really fits is someone was laying a "trail". I didn't believe the mountain lion either, from its first mention.

I would have to look back but I think it was Plunder I watched yesterday and she said that when she took her videos down, she started getting a lot of contact from people, friends of Suzanne and of both Barry and Suzanne worried about what was going on, that there would be no justice, that they were being threatened over their videos, etc. She said many she had never heard from before contacted her and shared some things, not all, that she felt she could share that they shared with her.

I am paraphrasing all of this but one thing she said that interested me is allegedly the FBI are back in I think, Anderson, Indiana, in a certain area. Another was something about an arrest coming before Halloween and/or before Christmas. There were a few other tidbits. Allegedly Barry was in Indiana recently too.

Of course, I don't have any confirmation of any of this but she claims it comes from sources and that she has had a lot of contact in the past few days with some people just now letting her know some things.

Sometimes, once in awhile, I feel there is a strategy going on here and I hope so. Was the helmet info leaked intentionally just to one program for instance? (Assuming of course they did not report this with no knowledge and just think it was the helmet)... Youtubers, some put their videos private for a day or two. Now we have talk of FBI in Indiana and Barry just being there as well... We have the dive search team coming in... It goes quiet for awhile and then there seems to be a slight rash of new things... Sigh, maybe I am just getting my hopes up.

Okay after going back and searching again I found this news article that reports that law enforcement told them that the helmet was found days after her bike. So that would mean that the helmet was the "item" found on the road. Also if I am reading this correctly it states that FBI has returned to Indiana to interview relatives I'm guessing relatives of Suzanne but that is not stated in the article. I feel like something is going to happen soon in this case hopefully that will be Suzanne being found and the person or persons responsible being arrested.

Okay after going back and searching again I found this news article that reports that law enforcement told them that the helmet was found days after her bike. So that would mean that the helmet was the "item" found on the road. Also if I am reading this correctly it states that FBI has returned to Indiana to interview relatives I'm guessing relatives of Suzanne but that is not stated in the article. I feel like something is going to happen soon in this case hopefully that will be Suzanne being found and the person or persons responsible being arrested.
Interesting. I followed most of that but somehow missed that the helmet was found I guess. I can't read the article unfortunately.

I hope this all means something. Of course I hoped it meant something when they were searching under concrete awhile back at the job site place.

Barry has also made a lot of moves though including what he is doing with the assets. Adding that in with all of this other activity let's HOPE something is coming...
I find it interesting he was in Indiana and so was the FBi...

Interesting. I followed most of that but somehow missed that the helmet was found I guess. I can't read the article unfortunately.

I hope this all means something. Of course I hoped it meant something when they were searching under concrete awhile back at the job site place.

Barry has also made a lot of moves though including what he is doing with the assets. Adding that in with all of this other activity let's HOPE something is coming...
I find it interesting he was in Indiana and so was the FBi...
That must be why we didn't know about the helmet! We couldn't read the article. More and more of them are blocked from certain devices these days.

Not really much new. She covers Nancy Grace's thing as well. At the end though, her comments are a bit more about the helmet and how it was likely planted. Much like I stated above. No mountain lion took it off. No abductor took it off just down the road, etc. A few thoughts that were good ones. She too says no one knew it was a helmet until it came out in this show...

I don't know much about this Youtuber and do not follow her, she may even be new, I have no idea. This was interesting though so I thought I would share. It sounds akin to a confession by Barry... I think maybe even more than what Barry said, how she described the girls just standing there no different than when Suzanne was alive and with no reaction to what their dad said disturbs me more than anything else... Jmo.

Not really much new. She covers Nancy Grace's thing as well. At the end though, her comments are a bit more about the helmet and how it was likely planted. Much like I stated above. No mountain lion took it off. No abductor took it off just down the road, etc. A few thoughts that were good ones. She too says no one knew it was a helmet until it came out in this show...

She really did put forth the argument about how the helmet made the case of abduction or mountain lion or even walking off seem absurd. She would be a really good prosecution attorney.

I don't know much about this Youtuber and do not follow her, she may even be new, I have no idea. This was interesting though so I thought I would share. It sounds akin to a confession by Barry... I think maybe even more than what Barry said, how she described the girls just standing there no different than when Suzanne was alive and with no reaction to what their dad said disturbs me more than anything else... Jmo.

I don't have the time to watch it right now I'll have to look at it later. Thank you!

I don't have the time to watch it right now I'll have to look at it later. Thank you!
Sure thing. She is pretty bare boned with no pictures and not much for a background, etc. I am guessing she has not been at it long. This video though does have some interesting things in it--Barry basically confessed, imo, to this retired pastor...

I don't know if any of you follow Plunder on her you tube channel but she does a lot of good work and puts out truthful information she is a very trusted source in my opinion. I just watched her video about the things Barry said to a woman at a funeral service in August for a former church member and it is very interesting if in fact he did make those statements I think he is starting to crack under the pressure of what he has done. I hope that it's only a matter of time before he caves and turns himself in for his actions if indeed he is the person responsible for her disappearance. I find it odd that the girls would have made no comments or not at least looked shocked at him stating that their mother was deceased. Unless of course he has already told them and they are scared to come forward with any information.

I don't know if any of you follow Plunder on her you tube channel but she does a lot of good work and puts out truthful information she is a very trusted source in my opinion. I just watched her video about the things Barry said to a woman at a funeral service in August for a former church member and it is very interesting if in fact he did make those statements I think he is starting to crack under the pressure of what he has done. I hope that it's only a matter of time before he caves and turns himself in for his actions if indeed he is the person responsible for her disappearance. I find it odd that the girls would have made no comments or not at least looked shocked at him stating that their mother was deceased. Unless of course he has already told them and they are scared to come forward with any information.
It sounds like the one by another Youtuber I posted above which was about his remarks to a former pastor. That one too remarks on the girls not reacting so this retired female pastor must have shared that would be my guess.

He did basically or almost confess imo. I don't believe though that he will cave or turn himself in with LE. I just can't see it. Maybe if the pressure gets to the point and he feels the proof is there, he might... And if he does, I think he will minimize it as an accident/momentary loss of temper... He just is not an honest man imo and I doubt he was in the marriage either... Jmo.

I watch Plunder and almost any Youtuber that covers this case. This case is one of the current cases I follow most closely.

I'll have to check her out! As far as the kids are concerned, I rarely see kids that turn against their parents in these kinds of cases. Lori Daybell's son is an exception rather than the rule. Since I've never been in their shoes, I always give them a pass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back