CO SUZANNE MORPHEW: Missing from Chaffee County, CO - 10 May 2020 - Age 49 *Found Deceased*

A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned, sparking a search involving more than 100 emergency personnel.

The Chaffee County Communications Center received a report on Sunday at 5:46 p.m. regarding a missing woman in the area of County Road 225 and West Highway 50.

Anybody who has information on Morphew’s whereabouts is asked to call the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office at 719-539-2596 or Chaffee County Crime Stoppers at 719-539-2599.

1589412136362.png

edited by staff to add media link

Last edited:
Finally a new press release above. I don't find it very encouraging and I don't see really what a canvas would do either as any person who knew anything by now would have called it in one would think... Jmo.

Finally a new press release above. I don't find it very encouraging and I don't see really what a canvas would do either as any person who knew anything by now would have called it in one would think... Jmo.

Kinda gives the impression that they're stuck.

Nearly 2 dozen law enforcement officials to conduct a canvass in Suzanne Morphew case

Investigators this Wednesday will contact Chaffee County residents in a community-wide canvass meant to gather and share information in the case of missing woman Suzanne Morphew.

Nearly two dozen members of law enforcement will take part in the community canvass planned on Wednesday, CCSO said.

In addition to countless interviews conducted in the last month, approximately 500 tips have been called into a designated tip line in the investigation, along with 10 large-scale searches performed throughout the county.

On June 10, investigators plan to conduct a community canvas in the county to contact residents and others to not only share information about Ms. Morphew’s disappearance, but also focus on obtaining any new information in her case. Nearly two dozen members of law enforcement will take part in this comprehensive effort on Wednesday.

Kinda gives the impression that they're stuck.

Nearly 2 dozen law enforcement officials to conduct a canvass in Suzanne Morphew case

Investigators this Wednesday will contact Chaffee County residents in a community-wide canvass meant to gather and share information in the case of missing woman Suzanne Morphew.

Nearly two dozen members of law enforcement will take part in the community canvass planned on Wednesday, CCSO said.

In addition to countless interviews conducted in the last month, approximately 500 tips have been called into a designated tip line in the investigation, along with 10 large-scale searches performed throughout the county.

On June 10, investigators plan to conduct a community canvas in the county to contact residents and others to not only share information about Ms. Morphew’s disappearance, but also focus on obtaining any new information in her case. Nearly two dozen members of law enforcement will take part in this comprehensive effort on Wednesday.
That's how I took it too, as if they are at somewhat of a standstill. My optimistic side though tries to hope that they had to say something, it has been so long and perhaps are getting pestered with questions about updates as it had been four weeks since she went missing? I still hope they are putting a case together but this press release is not encouraging is it?

Nothing on Morphew at all since I have been out of commission? Wow.

I had hopes they were building a case but the longer it goes on...

This is beyond normal quiet. One thing is clear, no one is trying to find this woman by keeping her picture and name in the news in case anyone sights her somewhere. Not LE, not family, no one.

I hate when cases go this silent for this long. Even if it shouldn't, I start getting suspicious. All that activity and then BAM nothing. Checked sheriff's page, nada in a very long time.

I was hoping they were putting things together but the longer it goes on, the more I wonder about that.

Yes this case is super duper quiet. It's one of those where I don't think we're going to hear anything until they have an arrest. When law enforcement isn't asking for tips or anything? Yeah, I think they know who did it.

Last edited:
Yes this case is super duper quiet. It's one of those where I don't think we're going to hear anything until they having an arrest. When law enforcement isn't asking for tips or anything? Yeah, I think they know who did it.
I do too or at least that is what I keep hoping. I guess it is surprising they are not still looking for her body if they truly found nothing at the one property though.

No sign of Colorado woman who vanished on Mother's Day

A Colorado mother of two has been missing for almost two months, and authorities have provided little updates since the investigation began.

Hundreds of calls have been made to the tipline to help find Suzanne Morphew, according to CBS Denver. Even though the case is still active and law enforcement is still working to find her, few updates about developments in the case have been released.

Friends and family are offering a $200,000 reward for any tips that lead to Suzanne Morphew's whereabouts.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the dedicated tip line: 719-312-7530.

No sign of Colorado woman who vanished on Mother's Day

A Colorado mother of two has been missing for almost two months, and authorities have provided little updates since the investigation began.

Hundreds of calls have been made to the tipline to help find Suzanne Morphew, according to CBS Denver. Even though the case is still active and law enforcement is still working to find her, few updates about developments in the case have been released.

Friends and family are offering a $200,000 reward for any tips that lead to Suzanne Morphew's whereabouts.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the dedicated tip line: 719-312-7530.
I know I am repeating myself but nobody, even family, is actively putting out anything to be on the lookout for her. That alone says a whole lot imo.

From above article:

"Family has previously stated that her husband, Barry Morphew, was out of town in Denver when his wife went missing."

It remains notable that LE has NEVER confirmed this story is true nor cleared Morphew by alibi or confirmed he was working and in Denver.

2 months after Suzanne Morphew’s disappearance, investigators not ‘formally eliminating anyone from suspicion’

Over the past two months, investigators said they have followed up on hundreds of tips and conducted numerous searches, but there is still no trace of missing Colorado mother Suzanne Morphew.

“This case remains very active, as more than a dozen investigators are aggressively working this case on a daily basis,” said Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze in a news release. “And until we determine what happened to Suzanne, we can’t discount any scenario or formally eliminate anyone from suspicion.”

No arrests have been made in the case. State, local and federal investigators returned to the Morphew property on Thursday to search the area, according to a news release from the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office.

The public can submit tips by calling 719-312-7530.

They must have had a reason and a further warrant to be allowed to again return to the property, no? This just crossed my mind...

maybe testing came back from the previous searches and now they have more to add to a search warrant?
That's a thought. Hopefully this is a good sign...? Unless Barry let them in which I doubt, they must have had cause... I would think...

Neighbors want answers 2 months into Suzanne Morphew’s disappearance

A mother-of-two disappeared during a bike ride, alone, in Chaffee County, according to a neighbor who reported her missing to the sheriff’s office there, on Mother’s Day.

49-year-old Suzanne Morphew hasn’t been seen since.

The investigation team has said it continues to push forward on the case, all while keeping most of the updates under wraps. No arrests have been made in connection to Suzanne’s disappearance and, according to the Colorado Bureau of Investigations, no searches for Morphew have been conducted since July 9.

In the days and weeks since Morphew was last seen, teal and yellow ribbons have been placed along the road that leads to her family’s property, a sobering reminder of Suzanne’s unexpected disappearance.

Neighbors in the tight knit community tell FOX21 they want more details from law enforcement.

“[Investigators] had equipment; they were digging quite a few places,” Branson explained. “They had conferences, they had probably 10 to 20 people investigating. They searched the whole place. The garage – they had all cement on that and they tore, I think, almost half of that up. That was a big doing.”

Branson said while her memory is sharp, her hearing is going. She said that’s why the loud noise she heard, in the middle of the night on Mother’s Day Weekend, sticks out in her mind.

“At the very first I thought it was a truck or something maybe parked in my driveway or something, but no, it kept running and coming from the same direction over there, and I had been hearing all of this noise for quite a while,” she said.

“I thought it sounded like one of them running and I sat up in bed and said, ‘it is one of them, what’s going on, this time of night? That’s ridiculous.’ And I thought maybe they had orders to move it or something, so I laid there listening and it kept going and going and going for about a half an hour. And I finally got up to check and, as I opened the back door, it stopped. So I thought, maybe they are just moving something or whatever, and so I did not go out and investigate.”

Branson said she did ask the construction workers if they left keys in the equipment. She said the workers told her they did leave keys behind, but kept them hidden.

To date the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office has collected more than 600 tips.

1595634081057.png

Neighbors want answers 2 months into Suzanne Morphew’s disappearance

A mother-of-two disappeared during a bike ride, alone, in Chaffee County, according to a neighbor who reported her missing to the sheriff’s office there, on Mother’s Day.

49-year-old Suzanne Morphew hasn’t been seen since.

The investigation team has said it continues to push forward on the case, all while keeping most of the updates under wraps. No arrests have been made in connection to Suzanne’s disappearance and, according to the Colorado Bureau of Investigations, no searches for Morphew have been conducted since July 9.

In the days and weeks since Morphew was last seen, teal and yellow ribbons have been placed along the road that leads to her family’s property, a sobering reminder of Suzanne’s unexpected disappearance.

Neighbors in the tight knit community tell FOX21 they want more details from law enforcement.

“[Investigators] had equipment; they were digging quite a few places,” Branson explained. “They had conferences, they had probably 10 to 20 people investigating. They searched the whole place. The garage – they had all cement on that and they tore, I think, almost half of that up. That was a big doing.”

Branson said while her memory is sharp, her hearing is going. She said that’s why the loud noise she heard, in the middle of the night on Mother’s Day Weekend, sticks out in her mind.

“At the very first I thought it was a truck or something maybe parked in my driveway or something, but no, it kept running and coming from the same direction over there, and I had been hearing all of this noise for quite a while,” she said.

“I thought it sounded like one of them running and I sat up in bed and said, ‘it is one of them, what’s going on, this time of night? That’s ridiculous.’ And I thought maybe they had orders to move it or something, so I laid there listening and it kept going and going and going for about a half an hour. And I finally got up to check and, as I opened the back door, it stopped. So I thought, maybe they are just moving something or whatever, and so I did not go out and investigate.”

Branson said she did ask the construction workers if they left keys in the equipment. She said the workers told her they did leave keys behind, but kept them hidden.

To date the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office has collected more than 600 tips.

View attachment 5427

I am a bit lost here. So she is talking about some kind of big truck or noise the weekend Suzanne went missing? Branson is a neighbor?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back