CO SUZANNE MORPHEW: Missing from Chaffee County, CO - 10 May 2020 - Age 49 *Found Deceased*

A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned, sparking a search involving more than 100 emergency personnel.

The Chaffee County Communications Center received a report on Sunday at 5:46 p.m. regarding a missing woman in the area of County Road 225 and West Highway 50.

Anybody who has information on Morphew’s whereabouts is asked to call the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office at 719-539-2596 or Chaffee County Crime Stoppers at 719-539-2599.

1589412136362.png

edited by staff to add media link

Last edited:
It also seems as though any statement that this was over being asked for a divorce and not premeditated likely comes from him... I personally suspect there is a financial factor in here as well... Whether life insurance or he is broke or that she had assets protected (some claimed the money came from her side)...
We’ll divorce equals money. He would get it it all.

Not doubting you, but wondering when msm will pick up that story...
I don't doubt it as it seems to be spreading rapidly now with various podcasters and comments on the sheriff's page, however, as usual, we don't have anything confirmed by LE. Yet. One is reporting (podcaster) that a body has been found but not that it has been identified.

CHILL OUT with the rumors now please.

The Chaffee County Jail confirmed to Denver7 that #SuzanneMorphew's husband is not in their custody.

UPDATE: The Chaffee County Sheriff's Office confirms that despite widespread rumors, #SuzanneMorphew has NOT been located and there have NOT been any arrests related to this investigation. This is as of 5:08 p.m. local time.

In addition, the sheriff's office said the search at the residence on the east side of Salida has concluded for the day.

The Chaffee County Jail confirmed to Denver7 that #SuzanneMorphew's husband is not in their custody.

UPDATE: The Chaffee County Sheriff's Office confirms that despite widespread rumors, #SuzanneMorphew has NOT been located and there have NOT been any arrests related to this investigation. This is as of 5:08 p.m. local time.

In addition, the sheriff's office said the search at the residence on the east side of Salida has concluded for the day.

There are a lot of podcasts going on but most are not going all of the way there but saying the rumors are there, particular with bones/body found, I don't see as much on arrests or people. I want to word this carefully. They are verifying them as rumors (various podcasters) but not confirming they have any independent acknowledgment yet from LE nor MSM and are awaiting it. As for any arrests, that will shake out in time, we are now hitting the weekend and no business days for court. I can't remember what they have, 24 or 48 hours (business days to charge or release?) Could have been an interview even with his attorney present or could all be false. I don't watch Jay so I can't comment on that podcast but more than a few are running with at least hints of it right now. I have also seen remarks on the LE (SD) website but not by LE. Gray Hughes did a live for quite awhile with the rumors but made it clear they were rumors until confirmed. I don't generally watch him too often but he was live.

I am only commenting on what's out there and not saying anything is fact.

There is a bit of interesting Madison Bell things out there as well and supposedly more video than I have seen.

Anyhow, I sure hope they are close on this one and it appears to be but hard to say.

Gray also had a vid last night on this case that I have not watched but I have not found Jay's...

Jmo.

I hope their daughters are being shielded from any rumors since this can't be easy for them.

They are in a tough place, without a doubt. This is a no win for them, regardless of how it turns out most likely. It is also hard though to sit silent if you know something while others play another game because you are silent. Just a no win all around. The only win would be she is alive and safe. :(

You can talk about the podcasts and whatever. That’s fine. Just make sure you’re saying something like “this is a rumor” or “this is unconfirmed” and not just “he was arrested”.

The podcasts may be correct. Who knows. But for whatever reason, LE does NOT want any of this released. OR someone latched onto a rumor and reported it as truth. Tabloids of 2020.

BREAKING: Missing Suzanne Morphew’s body has NOT been found; police have made no arrests

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office has said that Suzanne Morphew’s body has not been found at a location in Salida where investigators had been searching on Friday. The search has concluded for the day, and is expected to continue. Authorities have not made any arrests in the case.https://www.crimeonline.com/author/ekilloran/

I haven't seen social media explode with so many bad rumors in a long time. I wonder which of the others, if any, will be right?

I apologize for sharing all the news yesterday. I am not on FB but I watch YouTube and Jayis4Justice is usually accurate. I trusted it. I know one thing for sure. I cannot trust my gut on these cases. People fool me. I absolutely do not know if Suzanne husband is guilty of anything. He has been accused of a bad temper. Well, that covers a lot of people sadly. But I’m not going to accuse anyone anymore. I am to the point I probably shouldn’t follow these cases anymore. 😬

One thing though, a lot of people have been attacking Jay and saying she doesn’t really know the person who is Suzannes best friend from childhood. Well, that woman is going to be a guest on Jays YouTube channel tonight so we can watch it and see if she is credible.

Just want you all to know I apologize. Sincerely.

I apologize for sharing all the news yesterday. I am not on FB but I watch YouTube and Jayis4Justice is usually accurate. I trusted it. I know one thing for sure. I cannot trust my gut on these cases. People fool me. I absolutely do not know if Suzanne husband is guilty of anything. He has been accused of a bad temper. Well, that covers a lot of people sadly. But I’m not going to accuse anyone anymore. I am to the point I probably shouldn’t follow these cases anymore. 😬

One thing though, a lot of people have been attacking Jay and saying she doesn’t really know the person who is Suzannes best friend from childhood. Well, that woman is going to be a guest on Jays YouTube channel tonight so we can watch it and see if she is credible.

Hey Oot. I don't have much trouble believing much or some of this is going to be true. This ain't JT. Jay did this and not you and she may very well be right or at least have a source she has reason to believe. Sounds like we just have to say rumor and stay away from names but at least we can discuss here!

I differ from you, as you know, I do lean towards the spouse and have for some time. It just sadly is the case so often that it has made me cynical but also the age is right, typical mid life crisis and not wanting to lose a cent, possible affair, etc. we have seen in so many cases. Rumor also had it that there is not a single picture that has been shown that is of them in the past year. I didn't like the fact he was gone on Mother's Day but again, some people take such things seriously and some women just want a day to themselves, all are different.

So Jay will be on tonight? I hope I find it and remember to watch. By the way when I looked for hers yesterday, I never did find the one you were talking about but I saw two other podcasters that were hinting at things possible before Jay but I don't know the hour hers went on that night before. We know the name of both of those as well or most would. I haven't watched them yet.

I also heard on a podcast yesterday that the missing girl the 18 year old Maddie got into the other car willingly and it sounded as if there was video to support it. It was a live podcast and before I think it was publicly announced. I did not know she was found until just an hour or two ago but he had a source prior to last night... GH would be the initials of the podcaster I heard that one in. I debated sharing it because I did not catch it all of why he was saying that or if it was speculation, it seemed as if he had a local source.

And don't you dare go away or I will POUT!

There are many times these "rumors" that have been batted down by authorities have actually came out to be true, so only time will tell. Here you are free to post that stuff. Just be clear that you are posting it for info only type thing. I do not do social media and enjoy that stuff posted here and I am a big enough girl to know that i can make my own decisions about it. Sometimes we also see something that the others dont and it gives us something else to think about and sometimes it becomes clear later on that we were onto something.

Hey Oot. I don't have much trouble believing much or some of this is going to be true. This ain't JT. Jay did this and not you and she may very well be right or at least have a source she has reason to believe. Sounds like we just have to say rumor and stay away from names but at least we can discuss here!

I differ from you, as you know, I do lean towards the spouse and have for some time. It just sadly is the case so often that it has made me cynical but also the age is right, typical mid life crisis and not wanting to lose a cent, possible affair, etc. we have seen in so many cases. Rumor also had it that there is not a single picture that has been shown that is of them in the past year. I didn't like the fact he was gone on Mother's Day but again, some people take such things seriously and some women just want a day to themselves, all are different.

So Jay will be on tonight? I hope I find it and remember to watch. By the way when I looked for hers yesterday, I never did find the one you were talking about but I saw two other podcasters that were hinting at things possible before Jay but I don't know the hour hers went on that night before. We know the name of both of those as well or most would. I haven't watched them yet.

I also heard on a podcast yesterday that the missing girl the 18 year old Maddie got into the other car willingly and it sounded as if there was video to support it. It was a live podcast and before I think it was publicly announced. I did not know she was found until just an hour or two ago but he had a source prior to last night... GH would be the initials of the podcaster I heard that one in. I debated sharing it because I did not catch it all of why he was saying that or if it was speculation, it seemed as if he had a local source.

And don't you dare go away or I will POUT!
This definitely isn't JT and so far all has worked out well and everybody is much happier here than there because of it.

Thanks everyone. This is definitely NOT JT.
I read there last night and the owner actually did allow them to discuss the rumors because she thought they were true. Well...it hit the fan! Members were calling out the owners and blasting one another like a cat fight. They closed the thread down indefinitely. Those of us who have been there know that the rules don’t apply to everyone nor are they consistent. At least when I mess up here the Mid corrects me without sending me to the time out or banned corner.

Thanks everyone. This is definitely NOT JT.
I read there last night and the owner actually did allow them to discuss the rumors because she thought they were true. Well...it hit the fan! Members were calling out the owners and blasting one another like a cat fight. They closed the thread down indefinitely. Those of us who have been there know that the rules don’t apply to everyone nor are they consistent. At least when I mess up here the Mid corrects me without sending me to the time out or banned corner.

EXACTLY. I suspect that place ran with this sooner than most even thought it is against the rules? I am just guessing, am I right or wrong? It just depends on WHO can get away with posting it.

It is wayyyyyy better here.

The mods here also allows you to go on talking about podcasts, etc. just have to make it clear, etc. and rumor as well. I have shared a bit from other places too and wonder if I should at times. I TRY to always say "alleged" or something.

You know how bad I can put on a pout so you had better stick around! :D

One more thing. I got the mistress name wrong also. Thank goodness! And the girl with the correct name is not his mistress but she did work for him. So I heard that people were going to her FB page and calling her horrible names. She laughed it off and said it’s not her and had to defend herself and she likes Suzanne. I just felt bad that people also do that kind of thing.
It scares me because truly I thought he is innocent but LE really were digging into concrete so I got really mad at him and was willing to believe the worst. Maybe it was a drifter and maybe LE really believe it’s the husband. Color me confused right now.

Oh and this part is fact...he never told police he went to fire training in Denver. He was on two landscaping jobs and that’s what he told LE.

I’m still thinking about Maddie! Yes reminds me of the runaway bride. Lol. That guy sure dodged a bullet didn’t he?

EXACTLY. I suspect that place ran with this sooner than most even thought it is against the rules? I am just guessing, am I right or wrong? It just depends on WHO can get away with posting it.

It is wayyyyyy better here.

The mods here also allows you to go on talking about podcasts, etc. just have to make it clear, etc. and rumor as well. I have shared a bit from other places too and wonder if I should at times. I TRY to always say "alleged" or something.

You know how bad I can put on a pout so you had better stick around! :D
Thank you Grandmabear. When I read there last night it was actually T who posted that the rumors could be discussed which made some posters mad. Go figure. Yes the Mods here are great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back