CO SUZANNE MORPHEW: Missing from Chaffee County, CO - 10 May 2020 - Age 49

GrandmaBear

Packers RULE - The Bills DROOL
Finally a new press release above. I don't find it very encouraging and I don't see really what a canvas would do either as any person who knew anything by now would have called it in one would think... Jmo.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member
Finally a new press release above. I don't find it very encouraging and I don't see really what a canvas would do either as any person who knew anything by now would have called it in one would think... Jmo.
Kinda gives the impression that they're stuck.

Nearly 2 dozen law enforcement officials to conduct a canvass in Suzanne Morphew case

Investigators this Wednesday will contact Chaffee County residents in a community-wide canvass meant to gather and share information in the case of missing woman Suzanne Morphew.

Nearly two dozen members of law enforcement will take part in the community canvass planned on Wednesday, CCSO said.

In addition to countless interviews conducted in the last month, approximately 500 tips have been called into a designated tip line in the investigation, along with 10 large-scale searches performed throughout the county.

On June 10, investigators plan to conduct a community canvas in the county to contact residents and others to not only share information about Ms. Morphew’s disappearance, but also focus on obtaining any new information in her case. Nearly two dozen members of law enforcement will take part in this comprehensive effort on Wednesday.

GrandmaBear

Kinda gives the impression that they're stuck.

Nearly 2 dozen law enforcement officials to conduct a canvass in Suzanne Morphew case

Investigators this Wednesday will contact Chaffee County residents in a community-wide canvass meant to gather and share information in the case of missing woman Suzanne Morphew.

Nearly two dozen members of law enforcement will take part in the community canvass planned on Wednesday, CCSO said.

In addition to countless interviews conducted in the last month, approximately 500 tips have been called into a designated tip line in the investigation, along with 10 large-scale searches performed throughout the county.

On June 10, investigators plan to conduct a community canvas in the county to contact residents and others to not only share information about Ms. Morphew’s disappearance, but also focus on obtaining any new information in her case. Nearly two dozen members of law enforcement will take part in this comprehensive effort on Wednesday.
That's how I took it too, as if they are at somewhat of a standstill. My optimistic side though tries to hope that they had to say something, it has been so long and perhaps are getting pestered with questions about updates as it had been four weeks since she went missing? I still hope they are putting a case together but this press release is not encouraging is it?

GrandmaBear

Nothing on Morphew at all since I have been out of commission? Wow.

I had hopes they were building a case but the longer it goes on...

GrandmaBear

This is beyond normal quiet. One thing is clear, no one is trying to find this woman by keeping her picture and name in the news in case anyone sights her somewhere. Not LE, not family, no one.

GrandmaBear

I hate when cases go this silent for this long. Even if it shouldn't, I start getting suspicious. All that activity and then BAM nothing. Checked sheriff's page, nada in a very long time.

I was hoping they were putting things together but the longer it goes on, the more I wonder about that.

Kimster

Director of Things
Staff member
Yes this case is super duper quiet. It's one of those where I don't think we're going to hear anything until they have an arrest. When law enforcement isn't asking for tips or anything? Yeah, I think they know who did it.

Last edited:

GrandmaBear

Yes this case is super duper quiet. It's one of those where I don't think we're going to hear anything until they having an arrest. When law enforcement isn't asking for tips or anything? Yeah, I think they know who did it.
I do too or at least that is what I keep hoping. I guess it is surprising they are not still looking for her body if they truly found nothing at the one property though.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member
No sign of Colorado woman who vanished on Mother's Day

A Colorado mother of two has been missing for almost two months, and authorities have provided little updates since the investigation began.

Hundreds of calls have been made to the tipline to help find Suzanne Morphew, according to CBS Denver. Even though the case is still active and law enforcement is still working to find her, few updates about developments in the case have been released.

Friends and family are offering a $200,000 reward for any tips that lead to Suzanne Morphew's whereabouts.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the dedicated tip line: 719-312-7530.

GrandmaBear

No sign of Colorado woman who vanished on Mother's Day

A Colorado mother of two has been missing for almost two months, and authorities have provided little updates since the investigation began.

Hundreds of calls have been made to the tipline to help find Suzanne Morphew, according to CBS Denver. Even though the case is still active and law enforcement is still working to find her, few updates about developments in the case have been released.

Friends and family are offering a $200,000 reward for any tips that lead to Suzanne Morphew's whereabouts.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the dedicated tip line: 719-312-7530.
I know I am repeating myself but nobody, even family, is actively putting out anything to be on the lookout for her. That alone says a whole lot imo.

GrandmaBear

From above article:

"Family has previously stated that her husband, Barry Morphew, was out of town in Denver when his wife went missing."

It remains notable that LE has NEVER confirmed this story is true nor cleared Morphew by alibi or confirmed he was working and in Denver.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member
2 months after Suzanne Morphew’s disappearance, investigators not ‘formally eliminating anyone from suspicion’

Over the past two months, investigators said they have followed up on hundreds of tips and conducted numerous searches, but there is still no trace of missing Colorado mother Suzanne Morphew.

“This case remains very active, as more than a dozen investigators are aggressively working this case on a daily basis,” said Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze in a news release. “And until we determine what happened to Suzanne, we can’t discount any scenario or formally eliminate anyone from suspicion.”

No arrests have been made in the case. State, local and federal investigators returned to the Morphew property on Thursday to search the area, according to a news release from the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office.

The public can submit tips by calling 719-312-7530.

GrandmaBear

They must have had a reason and a further warrant to be allowed to again return to the property, no? This just crossed my mind...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emiusa