AK SHERI LYNN WHITE: Missing from Fairbanks, AK - 14 Feb 1990 - Age 25

Scorpio

1585205148812.png

Sheri Lynn White traveled to Fairbanks, Alaska via Anchorage. She is originally from Seattle, Washington and knew someone in Valdez, Alaska. In March of 1990, Sheri's purse with her affects was found under the Cushman Street bridge with its contents scattered about.

edited by staff to add media link

*CLICK THE REPORT BUTTON IF YOU'D LIKE THIS CASE MOVED TO THE GENERAL DISCUSSION AREA TO BE OPENED FOR COMMENTING.

Last edited by a moderator:

1585205518735.png

Missing Since: 02/14/1990
Missing From: Fairbanks, Alaska
Classification: Endangered Missing
Sex: Female
Race: White
Date of Birth: 08/22/1964 (55)
Height and Weight: 5'7, 130 pounds
Clothing/Jewelry Description: Blue jeans and a casual shirt.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Blonde hair, green eyes.

Details of Disappearance
White is originally from Seattle, Washington. She flew up to Anchorage, Alaska with Alaska Airlines. She then traveled to Fairbanks, Alaska.

White was last seen in Fairbanks on February 14, 1990. In March, her purse was found near the Cushman Street Bridge with its contents scattered. White has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

Investigating Agency
  • Fairbanks Police Department 907-450-6566

Evidence is used for not only local cases but also elsewhere.

In the office of Lt. Butch Harrington, the detective in charge of cold cases, sits a bulletin board pinned with various photos and paperwork on a missing woman from Alaska gone since February 1990. Someone in Butte has knowledge about the mysterious disappearance of Sheri Lynn White, he said.

Harrington urges anyone with information on any cold cases to call police, 406-497-1120.

Last edited:

MP of the week: Sheri White
December 6, 2016 Meaghan

This week’s featured missing person is Sheri Lynn White, a 25-year-old who flew from Seattle, Washington to Alaska in 1990 and then vanished from Fairbanks. She went missing on Valentine’s Day. In March, her purse and its contents were found scattered near a bridge, which is a HUGE blazing red “foul play” flag to me.

I don’t have much on Sheri, but I did find this article that mentions her as an aside. Apparently the police have a suspect in her case, or at least someone whom they think knows what happened to her, living in Butte, Montana.

Comments:
Aleyna Mills
September 27, 2017 / 1:10 pm

That’s my mom…i was only 3. I’ve never met her or her family.

Butch Harrington
November 17, 2017 / 5:18 pm

I am the detective (retired) that worked on the case from the Montana end. Sheri’s case deserves to looked at again by Alaska and Montana law enforcement.

In March 1990, Sheri's purse was found near the Cushman Street Bridge with its contents scattered.

1585206188095.png
Alaska. Fairbanks. Enjoying a boat trip on the Chena River under the Cushman Bridge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back