IN SHARIAH WILLIAMS: Missing from Indianapolis, IN - 23 February 2023 - Age 17 *Presumed Located*

bd2dd9aa-93d9-49c7-94e3-51363697e700_1140x641.jpg

Author: WTHR.com staff
Published: 9:00 AM EST March 8, 2023
Updated: 3:17 PM EST March 8, 2023

NDIANAPOLIS — An Indianapolis woman is begging for help finding her daughter, a 17-year-old North Central High School student, who hasn't been seen in nearly two weeks.

Lisha Hollowell hasn't seen or heard from her daughter, Shariah Williams, since Feb. 23.

Williams is 5 feet, 4 inches tall and weighs 120 pounds. She has black hair and brown eyes. The last time she was seen, she was wearing a black sweatshirt and black bell bottom pants.

Hollowell reported Williams' disappearance to IMPD, but said the department has not been proactive about finding her.

On March 2, IMPD told 13News Williams was listed as a runaway and said the detective assigned to her case "has been communicating with the mother."

Hollowell said despite multiple attempts to contact him, she hasn't heard from the detective since March 2.

Hollowell said her daughter would not just run away, and told 13News she has reason to believe Williams is in danger. She said she hired a private investigator to help find her daughter, and has tried to share findings with IMPD, but the detective on her case still has not returned her calls.

"They keep pushing a runaway narrative," Hollowell said on her Facebook page. "SHE IS MISSING. My child doesn't just not come home."

13News reached out to IMPD on March 7, asking for any updates in Williams' case and if the detective assigned to it had spoken to Hollowell since March 2. The department did not say whether the detective had spoken to Hollowell since then, and said Williams is still listed as a runaway. No other details were shared.

Anyone with information about Williams' disappearance should contact IMPD Missing Persons Unit at 317-327-6160.

334528804_1146816866008522_8146592904603353737_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

John Tufts
Indianapolis Star
March 8, 2023

Alisha Hollowell has already lost one child — she doesn't want to lose a second.

Her oldest daughter, 17-year-old Shariah Williams, was supposed to be home Feb. 23 after school. She was supposed to do chores, wash the dishes, then finish her homework. Hollowell said they were going to watch a movie together. Later, Williams was supposed to be in her room, drawing or painting. Or playing with her baby sister, Aamira, who's one-and-a-half.

Williams was supposed to be doing a lot of things with her family last week. But she didn't.

"My child is in danger," Hollowell said. "She's missing," who waited a couple of hours, thinking maybe Williams had stopped at a friend's house, before getting in touch with police.

8f64187d-a827-47cf-947f-eab06a4226ef-Shariah_Williams_pumpkin_patch.png

Calls to Williams' phone went straight to voicemail, Hollowell said, which worried her. The Indianapolis mother said her daughter always answers her phone, or calls back quickly. It's been more than a week, and there's been no word from Williams.

Police officers who visited with Hollowell took a statement and then gave her a blue card with a case number. They asked Hollowell to tell them if Williams returned home and said her daughter would be classified as a runaway, a term she bristles at.

"My child is not a runaway," Hollowell said. "She is missing. She's beautiful, outspoken, smart, respectable, artistic and is so talented... I'm trying to stay strong. I had a stillborn baby girl two years ago, and I was eight months pregnant, so it feels like this has all been coming back-to-back. But I'm trying to stay strong and get my 17-year-old home."

Hollowell said the family has hired a private investigator and is asking the public for help in finding Williams, who is 5'4" and weighs 120 Ibs, a 17-year-old Black student of North Central High School who was last seen on Feb. 23 wearing a black sweatshirt, and black bellbottom jeans.

Mother has message for missing teen daughter: 'We love you. We're looking for you.'​

Hollowell had this message for her daughter:

"Sariah I love you; I miss you. I am doing everything in my power to find you and bring you home safely. Aamira loves you and she misses you too... We love you. We're looking for you."

National organization helping with search for missing Indy teen​

Shariah Williams has been missing since February 23. The North Central High School student was last seen in her bedroom and never returned home that day.

“Shariah is smart, she is funny, she is just so silly, she’s artistic, she’s so creative,” said Shariah’s mother, Alisha Hollowell.

Hollowell and a handful of others were putting up flyers with Shariah’s picture near North Central High School Saturday.

IMPD missing persons detectives consider Williams a runaway, but they say she’s not in any danger.

“We have to remember here, she’s a minor, she’s 17 years old, so she’s still under the care and custody of her mother, and if they believe she’s safe, have they seen her? Have they spoken to her?” Asked Natalie Wilson, Co-Founder of the Black and Missing Foundation.

Hollowell says she’s struggling daily knowing that her daughter is out somewhere, and even just hearing that she is safe will calm her fears.

“Never give up on your children, you just keep going and pushing and going strong for your children no matter what,” she said.

How can they say she is in no danger?. That makes no sense at all. So you found her then?. IMO I see nothing but laziness from the LE. WTF?!!

@SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

What's this website policy on found minors? Or should I say known to be safe runaways? I just don't know. :)
If they're found, we just move their thread to the found forum.

Has there been news on Shariah? I couldn't find anything new. If they're "known to be safe" runaways, via social media or something of the like, we usually leave their thread as missing as long as they still have a missing persons report that is active. Same with adults. Active case? Still technically "missing".

In very rare cases after someone is located, they might contact us and ask us to remove their thread entirely, and we can pull it from public view. But we don't do that unless prompted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back