TN SHANNON ARIF: Missing from Clarksville, TN -17 March 1998 - Age 20

Akoya

t2kRq1V.jpg

Shannon Elaine Riley Arif disappeared from Clarksville, Tennessee on March 17, 1998. She married her high school sweetheart from League City, Texas and moved to Tennessee where he was stationed in the Army. She had a 15 month old son.

*CLICK THE REPORT BUTTON IF YOU'D LIKE THIS CASE MOVED TO THE GENERAL DISCUSSION AREA TO BE OPENED FOR COMMENTING.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shannon Riley Arif

Missing Since: March 17, 1998 from Clarksville, Montgomery County, Tennessee
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: April 4, 1977
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 100 lbs.
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Mole on left side of
mouth and on neck, contact lenses.
Clothing: Red and blue Tommy Hilfiger shirt, jogging
pants and Nike tennis shoes
Case Number: 98-003648

She married Rahyab Arif.

Some data about Shannon E. (Riley) Arif came from official Texas marriage and divorce documents.

http://www.missingin.org/reg3999/shanno ... e_arif.htm

Shannon Elaine Arif Went Missing In Clarksville Tennessee in March 1998

Age 20 when last seen on 3/17/1998
Last seen alive: March 17, 1998 at 14:51

Circumstances: Shannon Arif was last seen by her husband on 3/17/98 when he left for work at about 0940 hours. Shannon was to work at Walmart from 1630 to 2115 hours on that date but never showed for work. Her car and purse were found at the Wal-Mart where she worked.

Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 64.0 to
Weight: 90.0 to

City: Clarksville
State: Tennessee
Zip: 37042
County: Montgomery

Hair: Blond/Strawberry
Head Hair: Shoulder length
Eye: Blue
Scars And Marks: Mole above upper lip

Clothing: Red and Blue Tommy Hilfiger shirt, nylon jogging pants
Footwear: Nike shoes

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/vicap/missin ... -arif/view

On March 17, 1998, Shannon Elaine Arif was reported missing by her husband. Her husband advised he last saw his wife at approximately 9:45 am prior to leaving for work that morning. Shannon was scheduled to work at the Clarksville WalMart from 4:30 pm to 9:15 pm, and when she did not return home, her husband went to Wal-Mart and found her car in the parking lot. Shannon’s purse was found in the car. WalMart management advised that Shannon did not report for work that day.

HvIZJRu.jpg

9bksyiD.jpg

Shannon E Riley
in the Texas, Marriage Collection, 1814-1909 and 1966-2011

Name:Shannon E Riley
Birth Year:abt 1977
Marriage Date:20 Jul 1996
Marriage Place:Harris, Texas, USA
Spouse:Rahyab Arif
Spouse Gender:Male
Spouse Age:18
Source:Texas Marriage Index, 1966-2002

Last edited:
Shannon Riley and Rahyab Arif were from League City, Texas. In 1995, they graduated from Clear Creek High School. Rahyab joined the US Army and they were married on July 20, 1996. He became a helicopter crew chief and he was stationed near Clarksville, Tennessee. Shannon and Rahyab had an apartment at 377 Peabody Dr. in Clarksville. Rahyab worked at the Army base each day and Shannon had a job at Walmart. On March 17, 1998, Shannon was reported missing and her car was found in the Walmart parking lot.

The tragic irony is that Shannon and Rahyab grew up in the center of the "Texas Killing Fields" near I-45, between Houston and Galveston. They moved 800 miles north to quiet Clarksville, Tennessee and Shannon was abducted.

On March 17, 1998, Shannon Elaine Arif was reported as missing by her husband, Rahyab Arif. Shannon was last seen by her husband at approximately 9:45 am on the 17th prior to him leaving for work. Shannon was scheduled to work at the Clarksville Wal-Mart, on Ft Campbell Blvd, from 4:30 pm to 9:15 pm. Shannon never arrived at work but her vehicle was located within the Wal-Mart parking lot.

http://wkrn.com/2017/01/27/organization ... tes-leads/

Crime Stoppers to feature missing persons cases on billboards in new initiative

LARKSVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — For the first time, Clarksville-Montgomery County Crime Stoppers has added missing persons to its list of cases they need help solving.

Billboards all over Clarksville are now displaying images of Shannon Elaine Riley Arif, who went missing in 1998. On March 17 of that year, she told her husband she was leaving for work around 9:40 a.m. She was scheduled to work at the Walmart on Fort Campbell Boulevard from 4:30 p.m. to 9:15 p.m., but she never showed up.

Her car and purse were discovered abandoned there later. “We are just looking for anyone who knew her. I know that’s a long time to go without having information, but you just never know. People process in and out of Fort Campbell all the time,” said Kaye Jones, the chair of Crime Stoppers.

News 2 learned her husband, Rahyab Arif, was a solder and also the one who reported her missing. “Someone knows something. We want to hear from people who knew her or her husband, people who worked with her,” added Jones.

If you have any information on this case, go to ClarksvilleCrimeStoppers.com and click on “Give a Tip” to leave an anonymous tip. You can also call 931-645-8477. Arif is one of three missing persons cases Clarksville-Montgomery County Crime Stoppers will feature. The organization will pay out a cash reward for information that leads to solving this case and now the community can help encourage more people to come forward with information.

https://www.missingadultskids.com/find- ... g_iViSIYlQ

Alvita Weal
August 16, 2019 at 5:42 am
As I told the Clarksville Police Dept. the day Shannon didn’t show up for our work meeting, which she and I were to meet that morning that something was wrong. The story her husband told the authorities days later was not the story he told me. Shannon would not leave her son Quentin for nothing, he was her life. Her so-called husband was pretending to make their marriage work after she had said they were headed for divorce. He had the authorities questioning me with his lie that if anyone knew where she went it would be me, her best friend, which is who gave the authorities the picture they use as of today. I’ve been asked many of times do I believe he is guilty and I can only say he knows more than he lets on and prayfully one day he tells his truth, so those who really love Shannon can have peace. My heart says she might still be alive & possibly human trafficking, but the policeman daughter in me say it’s not right. Shannon Elaine Riley (Arif) always remembered and never forgotten.

Family and friends of missing Clarksville woman still search for answers in 1998 case​

by: Mye Owens Posted: Feb 25, 2021

CLARKSVILLE, Tenn., (WKRN) – A Clarksville woman’s disappearance remains a mystery, leaving family and friends still searching for answers decades later.

Shannon Arif went missing in 1998 from Clarksville, at the time her son was just 15-months-old.

“What struck a chord with me, is that her son doesn’t know what happened to his mother,” said Deanna McLaughlin, the Chairmen of Clarksville Crime Stoppers. “I have a daughter that is about 2 years younger than him, and I can’t imagine what it would be for her, if she was a baby and never knew her mother or father.”

According to police, Shannon was last seen around 10 a.m. on March 16, 1998. She was reported missing by her husband the next day. Shannon was scheduled to work at a local Walmart, but never showed up for her shift. Her car was found locked, with her purse inside.

Friends of Shannon suspected her husband had something to do with her disappearance.

Michelle Martin, her childhood friend told News 2, Shannon will never be forgotten, and she will continue to fight for justice in her case.
“At some point, somebody might have the missing piece to the puzzle and maybe early on when the case was fresh maybe they were afraid to provide that information to law enforcement,” said Deanna McLaughlin, the Chairmen of Clarksville Crime Stoppers.

Following Shannon’s disappearance, investigators searched the Walmart area where she was last seen. Police used cadaver dogs but found no trace of her. Along with police, family and friends tell News 2, they remember passing out flyers hoping someone had information on what happened to Shannon.

In 2017, Clarksville Crime Stoppers featured Shannon on a billboard, in hopes new information in the case would be reported.

“We all know somebody that’s a crime victim, or a family member who lost somebody from a crime,” McLaughlin continued, “So, it’s just a way to help.”

Crime Stoppers has placed a kiosk inside the Walmart Shannon worked. They are working to add her story along with other missing persons to the kiosk.

If you have information that can help, then call Clarksville Crime Stoppers at (931) 645-TIPS.

Clarksville Police: 1998 missing mom was pregnant​

This week marks 24 years since a young mother’s disappearance in Clarksville.

Twenty-year-old Shannon Arif never showed up for her shift at Walmart the night of March 17th, 1998.

Her father, Arthur Riley, says he’s been in pain each of the 24 years since.

“I mean I held onto hope for decades, but hope is a word that as time goes on grows thinner,” Riley said.

After all these years, News 2 uncovered that two actually went missing that day. Police believe Shannon was newly pregnant.

“It’s like living with a big hole in your heart. You’re really empty. Parents are supposed to protect their children and apparently, I failed,” Riley said.

Friends reported Shannon and her husband had a troubled relationship. Her father would only describe it as “cold.” Police say Rahyab is a person of interest in this case. Whatever happened to Shannon, her father doesn’t expect to find her alive.

“I mean ask anyone whose son or daughter never came home from war, knowing that their body is somewhere else. It’s really traumatic,” Riley said.

Clarksville Montgomery Crime Stoppers is committed to generating leads in this case. Chairman Deanna McLaughlin said even the smallest tip could turn out to be the clue police need.

“A couple days ago it was announced that the remains of a missing Clarksville woman from 29 years ago were identified in Illinois,” McLaughlin said. “I was like oh, maybe that’s Shannon’s case, right? Until I actually read the story and it was another missing woman from Clarksville. But it kind of gives me hope that with technology and other things law enforcement can do, hopefully, they’ll be able to find her some way.”

Anyone who reaches out can remain anonymous, as calls are routed to a national call center. Tips resulting in an arrest could even lead to a $1,000 reward.

“Something that you may think is nothing could be the little piece of the puzzle that law enforcement needs to put everything together to make a case. So we always tell people if you heard about something or you might’ve seen something, no matter if you think it’s going to help or not it’s just important to report it,” McLaughlin said.

25 years ago, a young pregnant mother failed to show up for work. What happened to Shannon Arif?​

Shannon Arif grew up in League City, Texas. In 1996, she married her high school sweetheart, Rahyab Arif, and they moved to Clarksville, Tennessee. Rahyab became a Fort Campbell soldier while Shannon found work at Walmart just one mile from their apartment. By March 1998, the couple had a 15-month-old son together named Quinton, and Shannon was newly pregnant.

On March 16, 1998, Shannon was scheduled to work from 4:30 pm to 9:15 pm, however, she never showed up for her shift. On March 17, Arif reported Shannon missing. He claimed he last saw her at 9:40 am when he left for work the previous day. He said he drove to Walmart after she failed to return home and found Shannon's car in the parking lot. It was locked and her purse was inside.
Shannon was never seen or heard from again.

While Arif maintained that he and Shannon were in a happy marriage, Shannon told her best friend and a co-worker that they were having marital problems and that she was considering a divorce. Shannon's father, Arthur Riley, described his daughter's marriage as "cold" and "troubled."

Arif reportedly told Quinton that his mother left because she no longer wanted him, however, loved ones insisted Shannon adored her son and never would have left him. Arif later moved away and re-married. Today, Quinton is 26 and a member of the U.S. Navy. He continues searching for answers.

Shannon was last seen wearing a red and blue Tommy Hilfiger shirt, sweatpants, and Nike sneakers. Nearly 25 years later, the search for Shannon Arif continues. Today, she would be 45 years old.

If you have any information, contact Clarksville PD at 931-648-0656.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back