Canada SHAMMAH JOLAYEMI: Missing from Toronto, Ontario - 4 March 2020 - *Found Safe*

1583457589378.png

Amber Alert: Fourteen-year-old abducted in Toronto screamed ‘help me, help me’ police say

An Amber Alert has been issued for a 14-year-old boy who Toronto police say was abducted in the northwestern part of the city.

Police said in a tweet Wednesday night that they are “extremely concerned” for the safety of Shammah Jolayemi.

The teen was last seen Wednesday at 8:25 a.m. in the area of Jane Street and Driftwood Avenue, they said.

Insp. Jim Gotell told CP24 that witnesses have told Toronto police that “a 14 year-old boy was observed to be screaming ‘help me, help me’ and forced into a black Jeep Wrangler by two males, who drove away.”

“This is not a parental abduction,” Gotell said. “We don’t believe this was a joke or any type of prank.”

Police believe the possible abduction occurred at approximately 8:26 a.m. However, Shammah parents did not realize he had not reached school and called police at about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.

1583457637553.png

Police believe boy at centre of Amber Alert abducted 'as retribution for an unpaid drug debt'

Toronto police say they believe a 14-year-old boy at the centre of an Amber Alert was abducted "as retribution for an unpaid drug debt" owed by his stepbrother, and that the vehicle he was forced into has been found burnt-out approximately 60 kilometres from the city.

Speaking to reporters Thursday evening, Supt. Steven Watts said Shammah Jolayemi's stepbrother, Olalekan Osikoya, owes a large debt stemming from a "multi-kilo" cocaine deal worth about $4 million, dating back to the summer of 2019.

How much of that amount Osikoya allegedly owes, Watts would not say.

Police believe Jolayemi is alive and say there has been some communication with his abductors, but that they have not received any word on his condition.

"You need to release Shammah," Watts said, addressing the boy's captors directly. "This is a 14-year-old, innocent child. He is not a part of that business, he is not a part of that lifestyle."

Watts told reporters Osikoya is co-operating with police, saying he fled the Greater Toronto Area some time ago and did not live in the same household as Jolayemi.

Gotell described the suspects as two black males between the ages of 18 and 22, each about six-feet tall and 140 pounds and wearing dark jackets at the time of the alleged abduction.

"Release him and let's try and solve the problem. Don't kill him. Please, we're asking, no more killing."

Toronto Police have located Shammah Jolayemi

Good news coming after a lengthy search for a teen abducted in Toronto Wednesday morning.

Toronto Police have safely located Shammah Jolayemi according to the Toronto Police Operation's Twitter account.

"He is safe and being taken for a medical checkup. A news conference will be held tomorrow / Friday morning at Toronto Police Headquarters," stated the post.

The 14-year-old boy was abducted on his way to school as retribution for a massive "cocaine heist" executed by his stepbrother, Toronto police alleged on Thursday.

Supt. Steve Watts said the Amber Alert issued concerning the disappearance of Jolayemi remained in effect for over 36 hours after he was heard crying for help as he was forced into a vehicle near his home.

Toronto teen's 40-hour abduction ends in abandoned barn, just south of Caledon

An abducted 14-year-old Toronto boy was found in an abandoned barn south of Caledon around 10:20 p.m. Thursday, March 5.

Police have connected the teen's kidnapping to a $4-million drug dispute.

More than 40-hours after the victim was kidnapped, Toronto Police Chief Mark Saunders said the 14-year-old was found safe, but "dishevelled," at a Brampton property near Heritage Road and Wanless Drive.

He was taken to hospital and has since been returned to his mom and dad.

Police are still investigating who is responsible for kidnapping the teen.

Toronto Police Service believe he was abducted by "high level cocaine traffickers" relating to a drug deal dispute involving his stepbrother.

Officers have not had an opportunity to interview the victim— but were giving him time to recover.

Saunders said the victim had nothing to do with the drug dispute, but was taken because the traffickers couldn't find his stepbrother.

"I need to make clear, we have not had direct contact with the abductors," Saunders said, although he confirmed police had spoken to his stepbrother. He said police don't know where the stepbrother is but that they have had "limited" contact with him.

Saunders would not say what tipped police off that the teen had been left at the Brampton property. He also couldn't say if the Jeep had been stolen.

Police appealed for anyone with information that could help solve the case to call Toronto Police Service at 416-808-2300.

"If anyone knows anything — if they saw anything. Even a small detail can help solve a case like this," Saunders said.

Toronto teen's 40-hour abduction ends in abandoned barn, just south of Caledon

An abducted 14-year-old Toronto boy was found in an abandoned barn south of Caledon around 10:20 p.m. Thursday, March 5.

Police have connected the teen's kidnapping to a $4-million drug dispute.

More than 40-hours after the victim was kidnapped, Toronto Police Chief Mark Saunders said the 14-year-old was found safe, but "dishevelled," at a Brampton property near Heritage Road and Wanless Drive.

He was taken to hospital and has since been returned to his mom and dad.

Police are still investigating who is responsible for kidnapping the teen.

Toronto Police Service believe he was abducted by "high level cocaine traffickers" relating to a drug deal dispute involving his stepbrother.

Officers have not had an opportunity to interview the victim— but were giving him time to recover.

Saunders said the victim had nothing to do with the drug dispute, but was taken because the traffickers couldn't find his stepbrother.

"I need to make clear, we have not had direct contact with the abductors," Saunders said, although he confirmed police had spoken to his stepbrother. He said police don't know where the stepbrother is but that they have had "limited" contact with him.

Saunders would not say what tipped police off that the teen had been left at the Brampton property. He also couldn't say if the Jeep had been stolen.

Police appealed for anyone with information that could help solve the case to call Toronto Police Service at 416-808-2300.

"If anyone knows anything — if they saw anything. Even a small detail can help solve a case like this," Saunders said.

So glad he is safe, I hope he will get alot of support now. And I also hope his abductors will be caught :mad:

I am so grateful that his abductor's did not do the unthinkable here!! This young boy will no doubt suffer from PTSD, I do hope he guided through the aftermath with proper support, counseling, and more hugs than he can count in a day! Sending love and prayers for him and his family 🙏.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back