KY SERENITY MCKINNEY: Missing from Shelby County, KY - 24 Dec 2020 - Age 4 *Found Deceased**GUILTY PLEAS*

1643942196101.png

Here we go again. AGAIN.

FRANKFORT, Ky. (February 3, 2022) – On National Missing Persons Day, Attorney General Cameron is partnering with local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies to ask for the public’s help to locate a missing Shelby County child. Four-year-old Serenity Ann McKinney was last seen over one year ago by family members.

This week, extended family members contacted law enforcement in Shelby County with concerns that Serenity is in danger.

Media - SERENITY MCKINNEY: Missing from Shelby County, KY since 24 Dec 2020 - Age 4

Last edited by a moderator:
Here we go again. AGAIN.

FRANKFORT, Ky. (February 3, 2022) – On National Missing Persons Day, Attorney General Cameron is partnering with local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies to ask for the public’s help to locate a missing Shelby County child. Four-year-old Serenity Ann McKinney was last seen over one year ago by family members.

This week, extended family members contacted law enforcement in Shelby County with concerns that Serenity is in danger.
Last seen Dec of 2020!

I don't necessarily like registries, mandates or regulations but my Lord I think we need a national database of all children, who they are with and a check-in daily with proof. 1/2 sarcastic and only 1/2 serious but how does this happen? December of 2020. Smh. Another one of over a year ago!
Annnnnd her parents are refusing to cooperate.

Grrr. What is the answer. I don't claim to have it but enough is enough. Her parents don't want to cooperate? Well, well... So glad they care...
I'm pretty sure her "parents" are her mother and her mother's boyfriend. I need to grab a link.

ETA

Here's a FB page by TCR - True Crime Replay. There are several of Serenity's relatives posting in it.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure her "parents" are her mother and her mother's boyfriend. I need to grab a link.

ETA

Here's a FB page by TCR - True Crime Replay. There are several of Serenity's relatives posting in it.

Thanks. I quickly scrolled through most. Didn't really put together who was who from what sides of the family. So when they say parents it is a bf and not dad? And it is the mother and bf who are not cooperating? I wish news would quit calling boyfriends stepdads and such. I remember the first two cases I noted that in.

A bit more info released.

Authorities asking for public's help finding 4-year-old Kentucky girl missing more than a year​

Brad Davis, Serenity's grandfather, told WDRB News on Thursday that he was the one who recently filed the missing person's report with the Shelby County Sheriff's Office. He said he's concerned now that so much time has passed since he's seen his granddaughter.

"We just want her safe and we hope that she is," said Aundria Wainscott, who identified herself as Serenity's grandmother.

Wainscott said she spoke with Serenity over the phone a few weeks before Father's Day in 2021, but since then, there has been no contact.

Authorities do not know Serenity's last location, but believe it was somewhere in the Shelby, Jefferson or Bullitt County areas.

The Shelby County Sheriff's Office said while the report was filed in Shelby County, they're not sure if Serenity is in the county or if she is somewhere else. Investigators on the case are asking anyone with information to give them a call.

"Just based on the timeframe on how long it's been since she's been seen and nobody can seem to produce her whereabouts, it does lead us to believe she could possibly be in danger," said Capt. Blake Lisby with the sheriff's office. "All just unknown factors at this point."

According to Lisby, Serenity's mother was located in Jefferson County, but he said getting answers has been difficult.

"(She) has still not produced Serenity for us and has not cooperated with us up to this point in the investigation," Lisby said. "(She's) refusing to speak us with about the whereabouts of her daughter."

A bit more info released.

Authorities asking for public's help finding 4-year-old Kentucky girl missing more than a year​

Brad Davis, Serenity's grandfather, told WDRB News on Thursday that he was the one who recently filed the missing person's report with the Shelby County Sheriff's Office. He said he's concerned now that so much time has passed since he's seen his granddaughter.

"We just want her safe and we hope that she is," said Aundria Wainscott, who identified herself as Serenity's grandmother.

Wainscott said she spoke with Serenity over the phone a few weeks before Father's Day in 2021, but since then, there has been no contact.

Authorities do not know Serenity's last location, but believe it was somewhere in the Shelby, Jefferson or Bullitt County areas.

The Shelby County Sheriff's Office said while the report was filed in Shelby County, they're not sure if Serenity is in the county or if she is somewhere else. Investigators on the case are asking anyone with information to give them a call.

"Just based on the timeframe on how long it's been since she's been seen and nobody can seem to produce her whereabouts, it does lead us to believe she could possibly be in danger," said Capt. Blake Lisby with the sheriff's office. "All just unknown factors at this point."

According to Lisby, Serenity's mother was located in Jefferson County, but he said getting answers has been difficult.

"(She) has still not produced Serenity for us and has not cooperated with us up to this point in the investigation," Lisby said. "(She's) refusing to speak us with about the whereabouts of her daughter."

As a reference point, Jefferson County (where Serenity's mother was located) is Louisville, KY.

So you just refuse at all to help find your child. That would make me want to say GUILTY, throw her in a cell, lock it up and leave her there. Unfortunately they can't torture her to get answers...

That's quite an attitude to take when your child is missing...

Unless there is some reason like they are keeping a child away from authorities and don't want the child taken away (at least that is understandable to a point), then I already hope this woman rots whether she is guilty of more or not. HELP find YOUR child!!

So you just refuse at all to help find your child. That would make me want to say GUILTY, throw her in a cell, lock it up and leave her there. Unfortunately they can't torture her to get answers...

That's quite an attitude to take when your child is missing...

Unless there is some reason like they are keeping a child away from authorities and don't want the child taken away (at least that is understandable to a point), then I already hope this woman rots whether she is guilty of more or not. HELP find YOUR child!!
All she would have to do is tell them where she is and let them verify she is safe. As a custodial parent, you have the right to allow others to care for your kids, so IF that was the case and she is actually safe, there would be no issues. Not doing this tells me that she is most likely not safe.

All she would have to do is tell them where she is and let them verify she is safe. As a custodial parent, you have the right to allow others to care for your kids, so IF that was the case and she is actually safe, there would be no issues. Not doing this tells me that she is most likely not safe.
Yep, that's pretty obvious. But even Lori Daybell tried that. Not saying it worked but she tried it and it certainly did buy some time and get them a last Hawaii vacation.

I suppose this woman knows she is done for but she is not going to help them get murder charges against herself... She is probably just hoping all they can charge with is something lower and that they won't find her...

Maddens me though.

I sure hope that some of these kids that went missing during covid are just estranged from most of their families. We know that not all of them are, but there is hope that people have just had to relocate and not thought about being in touch with others for various reasons or lost contact info for others. We also know that some are taking full advantage of the situation for either personal or nefarious reasons.

I sure hope that some of these kids that went missing during covid are just estranged from most of their families. We know that not all of them are, but there is hope that people have just had to relocate and not thought about being in touch with others for various reasons or lost contact info for others. We also know that some are taking full advantage of the situation for either personal or nefarious reasons.
I do too but I don't know how likely I think it is. It is one thing to not stay in touch with for instance a former neighbor, employer or cousin but not be in touch with parents, siblings, and the like? Or one's own minor child...?

I'll be honest and say through the years in my family here and there one person may not be talking to another. There is a streak of stubbornness it seems in some of us women :) This has not happened in a long time now but it used to. Our losses have come a long way in realizing what matters most (we always have but...) and some have matured as well. And here is the thing, let's say my daughter was not talking to me or wouldn't take my calls, yes, it has happened, I don't like sharing all personal info but I think it is true of many plus I keep thinking about this when it comes to people who haven't had contact in years in families and have no idea a child is missing... Like in these cases.

So I'm a mom. I have a need to know at minimum that my daughter and grandkids are alive first and that someone has heard from them or can get in touch with them. I feel the same about my mom. My other daughter. My stepson. My siblings.

So in general, not always, if she wasn't talking to my mom, she'd be talking to me or if she wasn't talking to me, she would talk to my mom. And if she wasn't talking to either of us, she'd just about always talk to her sister.

I can only go so long, I at least need to know I'd say weekly at minimum that all is okay. So I'd check with my mom, when did you last see them all? Talk to her recently? Etc. Or I'd have her sister call her and let me know. If it goes two weeks, then three, I am reaching overworry and four total anxiety...

Now with my mom, we can get in streaks, we don't overworry and are adults, where maybe have meant to call and just not had a minute or gotten around to it. In those cases if I happen to hear from a sister or something, I'll do a "have you talked to mom lately?", find that they have and then say next time you do, tell her I"m meaning to call one of these days soon, just extremely busy right now, etc., etc.

And THEN on top of that you at least text in between as well. Shoot off a quick one of how are you? Sorry haven't had a minute to call lately. Or I'll try to call Sunday. Etc.

Even with these "checks" I need to know someone has SEEN them. I have called a sister in the same town ready to send her over to my mom's if I can't raise her on either the cell phone or home phone for a full day. I have used "ruses" with my daughter in the past, getting her to answer her sister or some such with a call or text that she likely wouldn't ignore... I only resort to that if I really, really need to know and am worried. I'm not intrusive into anyone's life, I just expect to know they are safe. They are adults, they can do as they like but I need to know simply that they are okay.

So I don't get these people... And I understand with different states of residence and all people are different and if someone is intent on convincing someone everything is fine, then they say oh they are at a friend's, oh he'll be back next week or they cover with texts, etc. and people think okay, I guess all is fine even though I haven't seen her... But these ARE the nefarious cases where something IS wrong...

In my case, I'm never worried someone has done something wrong to someone in their own family, I'm just worried that they are not answering, etc. or someone else has.

So when you hope people have just lost touch with Covid, I'd like to hope so too but for me, I don't think it likely in most "normal" families... There are just too many ways and easy ones to stay in touch these days... In the ones where people haven't stayed in touch, I'd say it is more than likely there is a reason and something is seriously wrong.

My mom pretty much isolated for like a year of Covid. No one was allowed inside. ONE sister dropped groceries and things off on the porch for her and they would talk through a window at a distance. It was very hard, none of us saw her but we knew she was okay. Phones didn't stop, people were on their computers more than ever, etc.

One final note, I am not so much that way with my sisters but I was with my brother as he was alone. With my sisters, we are in sporadic touch, some more than others in touch more often, some not, etc. Each of them though has their own family that worries about them. I love them and worry but I KNOW if my niece or nephew couldn't reach their parents, they'd be doing something. And vice versa. And we'd be hearing from them.

All just my early pre coffee longwinded opinion :)

SHELBYVILLE, Ky. — Investigators say the mother of a missing Kentucky girl and her boyfriend have been taken into custody in Kansas. Last week, the Kentucky Attorney General's Office asked the public for help locating 4-year-old Serenity McKinney who was reportedly last seen in 2020, according to family members.
Shelby County Sheriff Mark Moore confirmed that Dakota Hill and Catherine Abbigail "Abby" McKinney were arrested by Kansas authorities on Sunday. They are currently being held at the Thomas County Sheriff's Office in Colby, Kansas. Catherine is Serenity's biological mother.

Scum. Thankful for the arrests.

O/T: Every time I see something about this thread, this little girl Serenity also makes me think of Serenity Dennard. Very different cases but the same name. Both missing as of now.

It is striking that someone chose a name for these children at one time probably hoping their life would be peaceful, serene, happy...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back