1613509479973.png

Missing Davidson County girl may be with sexual predator, officials say. Teen met person online, deputies say​

A missing 14-year-old girl may be with a person she met online, the Davidson County Sheriff's Office said Tuesday.

Before she went missing, Savannah Grace Childress had communicated on social media with a person. Those conversations, deputies said, were explicit at times and included language often used by sexual predators.

Savannah's mother, Nicole Childress, called Davidson County Emergency Communications on Feb. 11, saying that Savannah was missing. Investigators talked to Nicole Childress and her husband, Michael, and learned that Savannah was last seen at 7 a.m. that day by her father just before he left the house.

The last known contact with Savannah was at 8:35 a.m. that day when she logged off her virtual classroom at South Davidson High School, the sheriff's office said.

Davidson County school officials alerted her parents when Savannah failed to show up at her bus stop to get her younger sibling that afternoon. Michael Childress went home at 4:20 p.m. and couldn't find Savannah.

Detectives later learned that Savannah had used electronic devices to talk with an unidentified person through multiple online communication platforms. The sheriff's office said that the communications "were explicit in nature and the conversations included what detectives considered to be 'grooming' techniques and practices, commonly utilized by sexual predators."

The sheriff's office is working closely with several agencies, including the N.C. State Bureau of Investigation, FBI and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. The sheriff's office has said additional information has been uncovered but said it couldn't share those details publicly because of the investigation.

This is a North Carolina Amber Alert for a Child Abduction....The Davidson County Sheriffs Office is searching for Savannah Grace Childress.
The victim is a white female, 14 years old, she is 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs 135 pounds. She has medium length straight brown hair and green eyes. She was last seen on Thursday, February 11, 2021 in Denton, NC. She was wearing a yellow Mickey Mouse hooded sweatshirt and black with neon green Asic shoes.
Police are looking for an unknown male using the alias Will Hedglin. The description of the suspect vehicle is unknown.
Recommended Action: IF LOCATED OR IF YOU HAVE ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONTACT THE DAVIDSON COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE AT 336-249-0131

Last edited by a moderator:

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member
According to officials, the teen was engaged in online communications with an unknown male before she was reported as missing on Thursday.

Her parents were alerted by the Davidson County School system after she failed to show up at the bus stop to retrieve her younger sibling that afternoon.

Her parents also reported that Childress suffers from conditions requiring her to be medicated, which were still in the home. Due to these factors, a statewide Silver Alert was then issued for the girl.

Detectives as well as Crime Scene Investigators from the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office initiated a full-scale investigation and found that Childress had been communicating with an unidentified subject through multiple online platforms.

According to the sheriff’s department, the communications with the person were explicit in nature and the conversations included what detectives considered to be “grooming” techniques and practices, commonly utilized by sexual predators.

Information and details that were discovered through the collaborative investigation prompted the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office to contact the N.C. Center for Missing Persons again for the purpose of seeking an AMBER Alert. Based on the information that was provided to N.C. Center for Missing Persons it was determined that the criteria, specifically the age of the subject, were satisfied for an AMBER Alert to be issued.

On Monday, the previously released Silver Alert was upgraded to an AMBER by the N.C. Center for Missing Persons, but due to a miscommunication information that was sent out to the media from the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office was inaccurate.

“Due to the fast pace of this ever-evolving investigation, it has been difficult for those involved to keep everyone updated both, internally as well as externally. This information was released just moments after the Silver Alert had been upgraded to an AMBER Alert”, before the person making the release could properly be updated on the status of the investigation. We would like to sincerely apologize for this miscommunication and any confusion this might have caused,” read a statement from the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office.

GrandmaBear

Deputized Emu Slayer/Horse Thief Hunter
Well I will say this, I see cases this type of information at least shared with the public takes much, much longer. Pretty darned quick to find electronic tech contact with this individual and release it and an alias he used. Hopefully they are on tracking him/them down just as quickly and I pray she is found safe.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member

'We're just torn up': Family of missing Davidson County teen pleads for information, daughter's return​

The parents of a Davidson County teen are pleading for information regarding the whereabouts of their daughter, Savannah Grace Childress, as authorities search for information.

"Savannah, if you’re watching this, come home. We want you to be safe. Your sissy loves you too. She keeps looking out the window for you," her mother said Tuesday.

Amber Alert: Mom of missing NC girl says daughter was associating with someone online before vanishing​

The mother of a North Carolina girl missing since Friday has spoken out after an Amber Alert was issued for her disappearance.

Savannah Grace Childress, 14, of Denton may have been taken against her will, the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office said.

She was last seen along Canaan Church Road in Denton, officials said.

Her family believes Savannah was chatting with someone online and don’t know if she left on her own or was taken.

“They’re pretty sure she was associating with someone online, but we don’t know if it was a part of her being taken against her will,” said Nicole Childress, Savannah’s mother.

A search with volunteers might be planned for this Saturday at 9 a.m.

“Our concern is of course extremely high because we want her home. We’re not sure what’s going on wherever she’s at right now. That’s pretty much killing us. We just want to know that she’s safe,” Nicole Childress said.

1613537353782.png

GrandmaBear

Communicating online with a man who wasn't using his real name, probably told her he was younger than he was, and who was using grooming techniques.

I don't like this at all.
This seems the very likely scenario. I do hope they at least look at other avenues just to be sure but focus on finding this likely "fake profiled individual" is probably who is responsible. So they have sighting of her somewhere other than home per this article. I hope that means they have more than that or will have, a car, etc...

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member
This seems the very likely scenario. I do hope they at least look at other avenues just to be sure but focus on finding this likely "fake profiled individual" is probably who is responsible. So they have sighting of her somewhere other than home per this article. I hope that means they have more than that or will have, a car, etc...
I didn't see anything about a sighting in that article? I think Canaan Church Road is where her home is located.

They *should* hopefully be able to track this guy's IP or something via his online accounts.

GrandmaBear

I didn't see anything about a sighting in that article? I think Canaan Church Road is where her home is located.

They *should* hopefully be able to track this guy's IP or something via his online accounts.
Is it? I should have looked. They often do give the location of the home by streets only lately I have noticed. I guess I jumped to the thought they had her on vid cam on a street and I should have known better. So this is just the sighting of her at home that morning?

I guess I just jumped to the thought and hope that they had some evidence of her leaving and movement past the home.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not 100% sure. But most articles say "last seen at Canaan Church Road" followed by something like "last seen by her father at 7am. Some say "missing from Canaan Church Road". Again, can't be 100% sure but the way things are worded make me think her home is on that road. (There also doesn't appear to be much else on that road other than homes.)

GrandmaBear

I'm not 100% sure. But most articles say "last seen at Canaan Church Road" followed by something like "last seen by her father at 7am. Some say "missing from Canaan Church Road". Again, can't be 100% sure but the way things are worded make me think her home is on that road. (There also doesn't appear to be much else on that road other than homes.)
I have noticed this a lot in cases lately. I can only guess it is to keep as much as possible the address of the home private. So I think you are likely right and that's what it means.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member

'It's a parent's worst nightmare': Family of missing Davidson County teen pleads for her safe return​

After more details surrounding the case of a missing Davidson County teenager emerged, her parents have expressed added concern.

"I am just heartbroken, I miss my baby," said Nicole Childress, Savannah's Mother.

"Savannah if you're out there and you can hear this, we just want you to know that we love you and we care about you more than anything in the world right now and we just want you home we want you back where you're safe," said Michael Childress, Savannah's father.

"Please know that you are loved beyond your wildest dreams," said Kandi Bremer, Savannah's friend's mom.

"It's just killing me not knowing where she is, not knowing if she's safe or someone is taking care of her or has she eaten we know she doesn't have any of her medications and she needs her medications and that's scaring us," the Childress' said.

GrandmaBear

'It's a parent's worst nightmare': Family of missing Davidson County teen pleads for her safe return​

After more details surrounding the case of a missing Davidson County teenager emerged, her parents have expressed added concern.

"I am just heartbroken, I miss my baby," said Nicole Childress, Savannah's Mother.

"Savannah if you're out there and you can hear this, we just want you to know that we love you and we care about you more than anything in the world right now and we just want you home we want you back where you're safe," said Michael Childress, Savannah's father.

"Please know that you are loved beyond your wildest dreams," said Kandi Bremer, Savannah's friend's mom.

"It's just killing me not knowing where she is, not knowing if she's safe or someone is taking care of her or has she eaten we know she doesn't have any of her medications and she needs her medications and that's scaring us," the Childress' said.
I don't know if it is being used to instant results when they have info as quick as they did in this one or what, but the fact it has been 6 days and she is not located has me worried. I know some cases take longer and some are never solved but again, they had info pretty quickly... I hope and pray they are close to closing in on whereabouts...

GrandmaBear

I just hope she's with him "willingly" (as willingly as a groomed 14 year old can be). I just mean I hope she's not being harmed or forced into some other situation.
I'm pretty worried about this one too.
Me too. I hope on the scale of men like this he is on the lower end of the bad scale and just in some twisted way of his own thinks he cares about her. I think the fact it could be anyone on the other end of a fake profile is part of what is so worrisome.

GrandmaBear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oldfurbie