GA QUINTON SIMON: Missing from Savannah, GA - 5 Oct 2022 - Age 20 months *Found Deceased**ARREST*

1664988811022.png

Savannah : Police searching for missing 20-month-old toddler​

The Chatham County Police Department is searching for a missing toddler.

Twenty-month-old Quinton Simon was last seen at his home in the 500 block of Buckhalter Road at 6 a.m. this morning, and was reported missing at approximately 9:00 a.m.

He was wearing a light blue Sesame Street shirt and black pants.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was about the age our neighbor's kid figured out how to open the door and went flying out every chance they got and wow, that age can sure move fast! Especially when they think they might be chased. I live about a block and a half away and would be taking her home before they even knew she was gone. They had many adults in the family and they all just thought the other ones were watching her, which meant in reality, nobody was watching her.

Praying hard,

So he got out of his home and was last seen at six but help wasn't called until 9? Maybe they searched first or didn't know for three hours he was missing? Seems like a long time for one this young. I mean I'd be calling I think as I searched since you can run looking with a cell phone along. That's not a judgment, I mean I just wonder why--maybe the last he was seen a parent popped their head into his bedroom and he was still asleep, quite possible. Too young a child to have much of an idea about water, traffic or safety and that's scary.

That was about the age our neighbor's kid figured out how to open the door and went flying out every chance they got and wow, that age can sure move fast! Especially when they think they might be chased. I live about a block and a half away and would be taking her home before they even knew she was gone. They had many adults in the family and they all just thought the other ones were watching her, which meant in reality, nobody was watching her.
My youngest I watched like a hawk as if you got home from somewhere, got her and her sister out of the car seats and stood her next to the car right with you and reached in for a bag of groceries, she would take off and be down the street like a SHOT. I could even have a hold of her hand and she'd yank away and take off or try to. The one time I had to drop everything and just run after her before she got to the busy cross street and I mean high speed, yelling the whole time to stop. She just ran faster all happy. I barely caught her in time. And the road in front of where we lived was like feet away and another very busy one. You can be the best most vigilant parent and still. She was a little hellion. A happy one but still a hellion.

Prayers for this tiny tot.

My youngest I watched like a hawk as if you got home from somewhere, got her and her sister out of the car seats and stood her next to the car right with you and reached in for a bag of groceries, she would take off and be down the street like a SHOT. I could even have a hold of her hand and she'd yank away and take off or try to. The one time I had to drop everything and just run after her before she got to the busy cross street and I mean high speed, yelling the whole time to stop. She just ran faster all happy. I barely caught her in time. And the road in front of where we lived was like feet away and another very busy one. You can be the best most vigilant parent and still. She was a little hellion. A happy one but still a hellion.

Prayers for this tiny tot.
Now imagine them running that fast and you don't even know they are out there yet! :panic:

Now imagine them running that fast and you don't even know they are out there yet! :panic:
Yeah, no thanks. She never got out the door on me because I did all possible to stop that but she would get ahead of me as we went out the door. That kid had to be held onto as tight as one could hold onto her without brusing her. No lie. She also dismantled her crib!

Hours ticking by. Worrisome.

I as always doubt it is an abduction. If he went missing from inside and no one was there they wonder about anyhow. And any adult that sees a two year old alone I would think would report it or stop and ensure he is okay. It isn't normal to see children that age out and about alone away from home and would worry any parent/adult in general. I'm not leaning in any direction. We have too little of info thus far to do so.

Hours ticking by. Worrisome.

I as always doubt it is an abduction. If he went missing from inside and no one was there they wonder about anyhow. And any adult that sees a two year old alone I would think would report it or stop and ensure he is okay. It isn't normal to see children that age out and about alone away from home and would worry any parent/adult in general. I'm not leaning in any direction. We have too little of info thus far to do so.
IF he did actually just slip away from them, I'm not liking all the thick woods and bodies of water surrounding the place.

IF he did actually just slip away from them, I'm not liking all the thick woods and bodies of water surrounding the place.
Me either. I wonder who saw him at 6. As we always say, when was he last independently seen by someone other than family? No reason to think that here yet but no sign of him yet either... And little known.

Me either. I wonder who saw him at 6. As we always say, when was he last independently seen by someone other than family? No reason to think that here yet but no sign of him yet either... And little known.
6am sounds to me like possibly somebody that has to get ready for work or school looked in on him at that time and then maybe somebody else noticed later that they had not seen him that morning and went looking. What I wonder is when did they actually notice he was gone if he was last seen at 6am? If that was say after 8, then them looking for him that long before calling 911 around 9am seems more reasonable to me. I would need far more info before I come to any conclusion on this one. Just seeing him last at 6am and reporting at 9am leaves too much info out and could very well be framing this in a totally different light than what actually happened.

Chatham county police will end ground search after sunset but will continue with night-flight helicopters that have heat-seeking technology.

Search under way for missing toddler in neighborhood near Savannah​

Police fanned out across a neighborhood just outside Savannah to search for a toddler whose mother called 911 saying her son was missing when she woke up Wednesday morning.

The mother of 20-month-old Quinton Simon told officers the boy had been in his playpen before she discovered he was missing, Chatham County Police Chief Jeff Hadley said.

So is there any evidence that this child left the home on his own, like a neighbor's Ring or similar? Can he climb out of his playpen on his own? At that age, being able to climb out of it would be a case by case basis. One of mine just wouldn't have and the other one definitely would have. Everything was an obstacle course to her and climbing was her specialty.

'I hope he's still alive': Police chief gives update on search for missing Chatham County toddler
Chatham County Police Chief Hadley says there is no indication at this time that foul play was involved in the child's disappearance.

During a press conference Thursday, he said search crews were out until 2 a.m. and returned at 8 a.m.

Chief Hadley says he has not spoken directly with the parents but the parents have been working closely with detectives.

"I hope he's still alive," Hadley said. "We don't have any information that he's not."

A search warrant was obtained for the home and other search warrants will be executed as part of the investigation.

Hadley said he's going to give his staff space to do their job and will provide more information later today should they learn more.

'I hope he's still alive': Police chief gives update on search for missing Chatham County toddler
Chatham County Police Chief Hadley says there is no indication at this time that foul play was involved in the child's disappearance.

During a press conference Thursday, he said search crews were out until 2 a.m. and returned at 8 a.m.

Chief Hadley says he has not spoken directly with the parents but the parents have been working closely with detectives.

"I hope he's still alive," Hadley said. "We don't have any information that he's not."

A search warrant was obtained for the home and other search warrants will be executed as part of the investigation.

Hadley said he's going to give his staff space to do their job and will provide more information later today should they learn more.
Well they had enough for search warrants and I imagine that means the parents did not give permission.

So the mother woke up to him gone and called it in but it doesn't say what time that was.

Do we even know if this child lives with both bio parents? Still no word on who allegedly saw him at 6?

I'm starting to not like the way this sounds...

FBI joins case as crews search for toddler missing for more than 24 hours​

The Chatham County Police Department now says the FBI is helping in the search for a missing 20-month-old boy who disappeared.

The mother of 20-month-old Quinton Simon told officers the boy had been in his playpen before she discovered he was missing Wednesday morning.

During a news conference Thursday, Chatham County Police Chief Jeff Hadley said at this point the case remains a missing child incident.

“We’ve got numerous interviews to conduct today, as well as downloading phones and things of that nature to try to bring this case to a conclusion,” Hadley said.

Investigators from at least 75 law enforcement agencies have fanned out across the neighborhood outside of Savannah since Quinton was reported missing.

“We’re very concerned about Quinton,” Hadley told reporters Wednesday afternoon. “We’re hoping we can find him safe and bring him home to his parents.”

FBI joins case as crews search for toddler missing for more than 24 hours​

The Chatham County Police Department now says the FBI is helping in the search for a missing 20-month-old boy who disappeared.

The mother of 20-month-old Quinton Simon told officers the boy had been in his playpen before she discovered he was missing Wednesday morning.

During a news conference Thursday, Chatham County Police Chief Jeff Hadley said at this point the case remains a missing child incident.

“We’ve got numerous interviews to conduct today, as well as downloading phones and things of that nature to try to bring this case to a conclusion,” Hadley said.

Investigators from at least 75 law enforcement agencies have fanned out across the neighborhood outside of Savannah since Quinton was reported missing.
No
“We’re very concerned about Quinton,” Hadley told reporters Wednesday afternoon. “We’re hoping we can find him safe and bring him home to his parents.”
Hmm. They come right out and talk interviews and downloading phones today to conclude the case. Doesn't sound to me like a child that wandered off.

And mom says he was in his playpen and then she discovered him missing. So was she the one who saw him at 6 and didn't check again until 9??? Or just waited that long to call??

Heard a video the other day where the YTer tried to find a 911 dispatch call for this case. She found none. Not sure why.

Dad's out of town. They use a sitter even when mom isn't working. Child has been seen outside before and unwatched. Sitter called not to come, dad not home, child missing.

Well it didn't take long and I've got my first opinion on what I think.

Best case scenario is mom did "lose" him by not watching him and they will find him but it is not looking that way.

I'd wonder if mom has issues however she apparently did work....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deanna Reilly
Back