Oxford, MI School Shooting *Ethan Crumbley GUILTY PLEA* - *Mom & Dad GUILTY of manslaughter*

Last edited by a moderator:
This is effing ridiculous.
It is. It's a constant occurrence. Whether it's a school or a mall shooting, Random places. People driving through parades. The stats say violent crime is down. Uhh. That's just something they say to try to pacify the people. Because I see it is far more violent. You can twist statistics any way you want, Doesn't make them true. I don't remember one school shooting here when I was in school. I wasn't aware there were some in other parts of the country, But only a couple. And my high school had 2500 students. My graduating class was 543. Same high school now. A police officer on duty all day, Metal detectors, Gangs, Somalians don't like the African Americans. The Latinos don't like the Mexicans. And white is stuck in the middle. My old doctors nurse gave me this update. She graduated from there 12 yrs before me and her daughter graduated from there. And that's how it had gotten. Big mistake...Open busing. Wherever a kid lives, If they can find transportation can go to any school. The problems really started after that. No. Go to school in your own neighborhood. They just bring their B.S. And city mentality with them.

McDonald said a teacher saw Ethan Crumbley searching ammunition on his cell phone during class the day before the shooting and reported it to school officials. The school contacted Jennifer Crumbley via voicemail. Officials also sent an email but received no response from either parent, McDonald said.

"Jennifer Crumbley exchanged text messages about the incident with her son on that day, stating, quote, 'LOL, I'm not mad at you. You have to learn not to get caught.' End quote," McDonald said.

The day of the shooting, a teacher found a note on Ethan Crumbley's desk that alarmed her so much she took a picture of it on her phone, McDonald said. The note included a drawing of a semiautomatic handgun pointing at the words, "The thoughts won't stop. Help me," she said.

Another section was a drawing of a bullet with the words "Blood Everywhere" written above it. Between the drawing of the gun and the bullet is one of a person who seems to have been shot twice and is bleeding, McDonald said.

"Below that figure is a drawing of a laughing emoji," McDonald said.

Also found on the note, according to McDonald: "My life is useless" and "The world is dead."

James and Jennifer Crumbley were "immediately summoned to the school," McDonald said. A counselor met with the parents and the boy, who had altered the drawing by scratching out the drawings of the gun and bloody figure, along with the words, according to McDonald.

The parents were told to get their son into counseling within 48 hours, McDonald said. Neither parent asked their son to see the gun or "inspect his backpack for the presence of the gun which he had with him," according to McDonald.

The parents left school and the boy was sent back to class.

When news broke about the shooting, according to McDonald, Jennifer Crumbley sent her son a text: "Ethan, don't do it." James Crumbley called 911 to report a gun was missing and his son might be the shooter.

McDonald said investigators found that the gun used in the shooting had been stored unlocked in a drawer in the couple's bedroom.

McDonald said a teacher saw Ethan Crumbley searching ammunition on his cell phone during class the day before the shooting and reported it to school officials. The school contacted Jennifer Crumbley via voicemail. Officials also sent an email but received no response from either parent, McDonald said.

"Jennifer Crumbley exchanged text messages about the incident with her son on that day, stating, quote, 'LOL, I'm not mad at you. You have to learn not to get caught.' End quote," McDonald said.

The day of the shooting, a teacher found a note on Ethan Crumbley's desk that alarmed her so much she took a picture of it on her phone, McDonald said. The note included a drawing of a semiautomatic handgun pointing at the words, "The thoughts won't stop. Help me," she said.

Another section was a drawing of a bullet with the words "Blood Everywhere" written above it. Between the drawing of the gun and the bullet is one of a person who seems to have been shot twice and is bleeding, McDonald said.

"Below that figure is a drawing of a laughing emoji," McDonald said.

Also found on the note, according to McDonald: "My life is useless" and "The world is dead."

James and Jennifer Crumbley were "immediately summoned to the school," McDonald said. A counselor met with the parents and the boy, who had altered the drawing by scratching out the drawings of the gun and bloody figure, along with the words, according to McDonald.

The parents were told to get their son into counseling within 48 hours, McDonald said. Neither parent asked their son to see the gun or "inspect his backpack for the presence of the gun which he had with him," according to McDonald.

The parents left school and the boy was sent back to class.

When news broke about the shooting, according to McDonald, Jennifer Crumbley sent her son a text: "Ethan, don't do it." James Crumbley called 911 to report a gun was missing and his son might be the shooter.

McDonald said investigators found that the gun used in the shooting had been stored unlocked in a drawer in the couple's bedroom.
so the school didn't check his backpack, either???

No, they didn't know about the recent gun purchase though by his parent. I don't know why the school didn't alert LE though.
i just thought that the wording of specifically stating that the parents didn't check his backpack was weird, but it was the school that was calling the parents with the alarming behavior. I am sure that if a kid was acting like that at my kid's schools, the backpack would have been searched by the school admin to be sure

i just thought that the wording of specifically stating that the parents didn't check his backpack was weird, but it was the school that was calling the parents with the alarming behavior. I am sure that if a kid was acting like that at my kid's schools, the backpack would have been searched by the school admin to be sure
The RSO at our school would have searched that bag immediately too. I am angry that the suspects mom texted him & said don't do it.

In a press conference explaining the charges Friday, McDonald described what she said were the steps leading up to Tuesday’s tragedy. She said these included failing to secure the firearm the shooter used, and overlooking clear warning signs ahead of time.

“While the shooter was the one who entered the high school and pulled the trigger, there were other individuals who contributed, and it’s my intention to hold them accountable as well,” McDonald said. “Gun ownership is a right, and with that right comes great responsibility.”

Ethan was charged as an adult Wednesday with murder, attempted murder and terrorism causing death.

On Tuesday morning, hours before the shooting, a teacher came across a drawing that Ethan, a sophomore, had made, McDonald said. The drawing depicted a semiautomatic handgun and a person who’d been shot twice and was bleeding. Several captions accompanied the picture, according to McDonald, including “the thoughts won’t stop, help me,” “the world is dead,” and “my life is useless,” among others.

James and Jennifer were summoned to the school, McDonald said, and were instructed to take Ethan to counseling within 24 hours. The parents resisted taking him home, however, and sent him back to class.

Soon after, Ethan allegedly emerged from a bathroom, firing a 9 mm Sig Sauer pistol that McDonald said James purchased with him last Friday.

The prosecutor said that Jennifer texted her son after the news of the shooting had been made public, saying: “Ethan, don’t do it.”

Earlier in the week, after one of Ethan’s teachers caught him researching ammunition on his phone during class, his parents failed to respond to a voicemail and email from the school alerting them, according to McDonald.

Instead, she said, Jennifer texted Ethan: “lol I’m not mad at you, you have to learn not to get caught.”

Days before the shooting, Ethan and Jennifer made separate posts on social media with photos of a weapon that appears to match the one used on Tuesday. In one post, Ethan posed with the gun and referred to it as his “new bb” along with a heart eyes emoji.

In another, Jennifer shared a photo of the weapon with the caption: “Mom & son day testing out his new Xmas present.”

The Oakland County Fugitive Apprehension Team launched a search effort Friday after the charges against the Crumbleys were announced and their attorney told Oakland County Undersheriff Mike McCabe she’d been unable to contact them.

“Our last conversation with the attorney was that she had been trying to reach them by phone and text, and they were not responding,” McCabe told The Detroit News.

McCabe confirmed the development in a media release concerning the “fugitive parents” Friday afternoon, and said the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service were also engaged in the search.

“The action of fleeing and ignoring their attorney certainly adds weight to the charges,” he said. “They cannot run from their part in this tragedy.”

The Crumbleys’ attorneys, Smith and Mariell Lehman, told the Detroit Free Press in a statement that reports their clients are on the run are false. The attorneys said the parents would appear for their arraignment but would require time to do so after having left town “for their own safety”

There is a manhunt for parents of the Michigan high school shooting suspect, but two attorneys say they are not fleeing​

Detroit police arrest James and Jennifer Crumbley after vehicle is found​

UPDATE: Both parents have been arrested by Detroit police in the 1000 block of Bellevue Street in Detroit just before 2 a.m. Saturday.

Blank_3000_x_1688_1_bvmmjn

The parents of alleged school shooter Ethan Crumbley have been arrested in an industrial building in Detroit after disappearing and failing to turn themselves in on involuntary manslaughter charges, law enforcement said.

“They appeared to be hiding in the building,” Detroit Police Chief James White said after James and Jennifer Crumbley were booked into custody and put in the same lockup where 15-year-old son Ethan is being held.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back