OH NYLO LATTIMORE: Missing from Cincinnati, OH - 4 Dec 2020 - Age 3 *ARREST*

1639628096366.png1607891455936.png

Police: Three-year-old missing from Walnut Hills, last seen more than a week ago​

A toddler from Walnut Hills has been missing for more than a week.

Three-year-old Nylo Lattimore was last seen around noon on Dec. 4, police said Saturday evening. Nylo lives on Melrose Avenue in Walnut Hills.

Police say the circumstances of Nylo's disappearance are unknown.

Family members of Nylo say he is the son of a woman who was found dead near the Purple People Bridge on Saturday.

According to an affidavit, 29-year-old Nyteisha Lattimore was stabbed by her boyfriend, Desean Brown, 20, with an unknown weapon in the 2600 block of Melrose Avenue.

Police say missing 3-year-old is son of woman found dead near Purple People Bridge​

Officers say a 3-year-old, who has been missing since Dec. 4, is the son of a woman who was found dead near the Purple People Bridge Saturday.

Police say Nylo Lattimore has been missing from his home in Walnut Hills.

Nyteisha Lattimore, 29, is the mother of is Nylo, officers said.

According to an affidavit, 20-year-old Desean Brown stabbed his girlfriend, Nyteisha, with an unknown weapon in the 2600 block of Melrose Ave.

Officers say Nylo is missing from the same residence.

Family members state that since Nyteisha never went anywhere without her son, they are afraid that her son witnessed his mother being killed.

It is unclear as to why Nyteisha was killed.

Court documents say Brown is facing one count of murder.

Officers are still investigating.

MEDIA - NYLO LATTIMORE: Missing from Cincinnati, OH since 4 Dec 2020 - Age 3

Last edited:
Very irresponsible to be giving out this much info about his sibling, IMO. I redacted some from this post.

Brother of missing Cincinnati 3-year-old continuing as Middletown student, could be adopted​

N.L. was watching TV in December when he heard his brother was reportedly missing and possibly thrown alive into the Ohio River in Cincinnati.

So he called his great aunt, Marcia Cooper, 59, who was at the grocery store.

“We just kept hoping he was alive,” she said.

On Sunday, rescue crews spent nearly six hours searching the Ohio River for the bodies of 3-year-old Nylo Lattimore and 6-year-old James Hutchinson, both of whom allegedly were thrown into the river. Neither boy was found, according to officials.

N, 9, is a third-grader at [redacted] in Middletown, Cooper said. She plans to adopt him. Another of the Lattimore brothers has been adopted, she said.

Nylo and N., who have different fathers, are the sons of Nyteisha Lattimore, 29, who is believed to have been killed on or about Dec. 5 in her Cincinnati apartment, according to Cincinnati police.
You made a good call but too bad that very info that you took the time to redact shows in the post with the clip for the article.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crews unable to locate bodies of James Hutchinson, Nylo Lattimore after hours-long search in Lawrenceburg​

North Star International and Ohio LandSAR were unable to locate the bodies of 6-year-old James Hutchinson and 3-year-old Nylo Lattimore after they conducted a 6-hour search in Lawrenceburg Saturday.

Search for boys’ bodies ends for now on Ohio River after sonar indicates body possibly in water​

The search is over for now on the Ohio River for 6-year-old James Hutchinson and 3-year-old Nylo Lattimore after divers spent the day searching the murky, rapidly-moving water.

Sonar imaging indicated there was a high degree of confidence there was a body below, according to Butler County Prosecutor Mike Gmoser, who was on scene most of the day.

“Search operations have concluded for the day on the Ohio River,” Preble County Sheriff Mike Simpson said in a news release Wednesday night. “Multiple agencies converged in the Lawrenceburg, Indiana area and were on the river nearly all day. They were searching for James Hutchinson and Nylo Lattimore. Neither of the boys were located.

The rapidly moving water made conditions difficult Wednesday evening.

“The river is flowing at at least two miles an hour,” Butler County Prosecutor Mike Gsmoer said. “Ordinarily, the divers don’t get in the water if it’s over one mile an hour.”

It’s not clear when divers can return to the swollen Ohio River, which is expected to rise in the coming days as rain moves in tonight with severe thunderstorms possible Thursday.

“Teams will continue to monitor the weather and river conditions over the next few days and will return as soon as they can safely do so. Divers still face difficult conditions on the river. Our efforts will continue as soon as possible.”

Loved ones of Nylo Lattimore wish for his body to be found on what would have been his 4th birthday​

Loved ones of Nylo Lattimore wish for only one birthday wish on what would have been his fourth birthday, and that is for searchers to bring his body home.

Monday would have been a day filled with Nylo’s favorite toys-Elmos and Hot Wheels cars.

Nylo’s aunt, Nichole Hunter, says she was there the day Nylo was born. She’s now left with the memories of him and of how he was killed.

“I miss Nylo deeply, everyday, still too hard to believe, even harder to accept,” Hunter said.

This past weekend, crews were in Lawrenceburg, Indiana searching for his remains as well as the remains of 6-year-old James Hutchinson.

A spokesperson for the search and recovery group North Star International Tracy Campbell, says that boats were out Saturday running sonar. Smaller teams were also checking out some of the ground areas.

Campbell says that the river was choppy and fast, so it was hard to find any of the bodies.

She also says that it is hard to find the bodies on land due to the high water.

1617207925473.png

I have to say in the cases of these two boys they are looking for that it can't be said they have not been at it and doing searches for some time. It does make me wonder why in some areas they can and other areas, they might search a body of water for a day or two or even more, a week tops, and that's it. It sure does vary.

I have to say in the cases of these two boys they are looking for that it can't be said they have not been at it and doing searches for some time. It does make me wonder why in some areas they can and other areas, they might search a body of water for a day or two or even more, a week tops, and that's it. It sure does vary.
water conditions. When it's running high and lots of brush and low visibility it's dangerous for the divers and many have been lost or injured when they were just trying to find another body.

They have a system they follow. I don't know about that river specifically, but I was told that searching the waters in my area is extremely difficult because they can't see in there hardly at all. I was told that SAR has actually bumped into a body before, rather than be able to see it!

Here's more info that's interesting:

water conditions. When it's running high and lots of brush and low visibility it's dangerous for the divers and many have been lost or injured when they were just trying to find another body.
I know conditions have played in, I just mean that it's impressive they are still at it. I don't feel that happens in every case.

They have a system they follow. I don't know about that river specifically, but I was told that searching the waters in my area is extremely difficult because they can't see in there hardly at all. I was told that SAR has actually bumped into a body before, rather than be able to see it!

Here's more info that's interesting:

That is very interesting. I guess too I am just impressed they are still searching.

Sheriff hopes to resume Ohio River search this week for bodies of 2 missing boys​

Authorities say they hope to resume a search along the Ohio River this week for the bodies of two missing children.

Crews will be on and in the water as soon as it’s safe in the hopes of finding the remains of James Hutchinson and 3-year-old Nylo Lattimore, Preble County, Sheriff Mike Simpson told FOX19 NOW on Tuesday.

Crews were last in the water on Wednesday, March 17.

Two Ohio boys remain missing: How recovery divers work to find them
Two little boys remain missing, presumably in the Ohio River: Six-year-old James Hutchinson and 3-year-old Nylo Lattimore. The stories of how they both got there are different, but the heartache their communities feel for the loss of life is the same.

Law enforcement told us searches are still being conducted weekly in efforts to bring their bodies back to their families.

Besides a ticking clock, the biggest force working against a rescue or recovery dive team is mother nature. The even bigger threat hanging over their heads is the mental toll that’s taken when a rescue effort turns into recovery.

‘Don’t give up on Nylo:’ Father of boy, 3, believed drowned in Ohio River speaks for first time​

Speaking for the first time since the death of his 3-year-old son, Nylo Lattimore’s father on Monday issued a call to remember the boy he described as sweet, quiet and shy.

Tonio Hughes, Nylo’s father, says he thinks about Nylo every day, wondering where the 3-year-old is, praying for the closure only a proper burial can bring.

“I don’t want to deal with not finding our son—our son, me and Nyteisha’s son,” he said.

“There was no reason,” Hughes said. “There was no serious reason. I feel like she trusted [Brown,] and he is messed up in the mind. He didn’t understand that she trusted him, even with my son... It hurt me the most.”

Hughes urges those who have followed the tragic saga not to let Nylo’s memory fade, nor the memory of James Hutchinson, a 6-year-old whose mother is accused of killing him then dumping his body into the Ohio River.

“Don’t give up on James,” Hughes said. “Don’t give up on Nylo. Always keep them in your mind and heart. We think about our kids every day. We want our kids home. We at least want a proper burial for our kids.”

Hughes says Nylo loved Hot Wheels and trucks and that the boy was a fan of SpongeBob SquarePants, which father and son used to watch together.

“I just want him to be remembered as a good kid,” Hughes said. “He was shy, quiet. If you see him right now, he would be shy. He would be nervous. He would hide... But at the end of the day, once he gets to know you, he’s a sweet kid. You’d get to love him.”

Search crews return to river in effort to find body of 3-year-old Nylo Lattimore​

Officials haven't given up in the search for 3-year-old Nylo Lattimore.

On Monday, search and rescue crews were back out along the Ohio River nearly six months later, searching near where Nylo was thrown in.

Search resumes along Ohio River for bodies of 2 missing boys​

Authorities are searching the Ohio River Tuesday for the bodies of two missing young boys, according to Preble County Sheriff Mike Simpson.

Cadaver dogs with Hamilton County’s search and rescue dive team and Preble County detectives are walking on the Kentucky side of the river in Boone County in the hope of finding the remains of 6-year-old James Hutchinson and 3-year-old Nylo Lattimore, the sheriff said.

“They are checking an area we felt we needed to check. I don’t know if they are going to get in the water or not,” he said.

Sheriff Simpson said authorities had no new information that prompted Tuesday’s search, they just remain committed to trying to recovering the children’s remains.

“It’s kind of fluid when we go down based on the weather and what we’ve got going on. We’ve been down there a couple times in the last few weeks and have not located them.

“Those two little boys are in that river somewhere. We are not going to give up.”

‘Our goal is to bring them home;’ Sheriff hopeful to find bodies of boys thrown into Ohio River​

The bodies of two area boys thrown into the Ohio River just weeks apart remain missing despite numerous searches by rescue crews and law enforcement over the last several months.

While the searches have so far been unsuccessful since the deaths of Nylo Lattimore and James Hutchinson, Preble County Sheriff Mike Simpson said all agencies involved in the investigation and search efforts remain committed to finding their bodies and bringing them home.

“Those little boys are out there somewhere and we need to bring them home.”

“As you know from the atmospheric conditions over the past year, that river has been raging. The visibility, as a scuba diver myself, I can tell you, if you dive in the Ohio River when you go to the bottom you’re likely to hit a rock on your facemask. The visibility is almost nothing. When you have a current that is sweeping along as fast as it is, its very difficult to work in those conditions.”

‘The Ohio River is now a huge, unmarked grave;’ Where the search stands for 2 area boys​

Months after two southern Ohio boys were thrown into the Ohio River, weeks apart from each other, search crews have still not recovered either one of their bodies.

“Obviously when we have opportunities for our partners down in Hamilton County to get back on the water, we will continue that path. And I don’t know how long that will go on, but I assume it’s going to go on for a while,” Simpson said.

“When we have the opportunity to get on the water with them and let them do their thing we will certainly do that. We have no plans to discontinue the search for either one of those young boys.”

Simpson added that despite over seven months passing since the boys were thrown into the river, there still remains hope that their remains will be recovered.

“Our goal is to find James and Nylo and bring them back home is our hope. So we’ll stay focused on that.”

No more searches planned for Nylo Lattimore: ‘We gave it our all’​

Thursday marks 11 months since the disappearance of Nylo Lattimore, the 3-year-old investigators say was placed in the Ohio River alive by a man also accused of killing Nylo’s mother.

Search crews have combed miles of river banks looking for Nylo and 6-year-old James Hutchinson, whose body was also placed in the Ohio River during an unrelated incident in February.

Tracy Campbell is with North Star International, a nonprofit search and rescue group.

“It’s just as heartbreaking as it was from the beginning,” she said.

NSI has scoured more than 180 miles of shoreline across nine total searches looking for Nylo and James.

“We hit all three states, Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana... Mounted, drone, water patrol,” Campbell said. “We gave it our all.”

NSI has no searches for Nylo planned at this time due to a lack of evidence. Still, Campbell is determined to bring the boy’s body home.

“If somebody came up and they found something then they wanted us to search that area more, absolutely we would,” she said. “But we know we’ve given it 110 percent and then some, and until we have a more concrete clue, we would just be spinning our wheels.”

The families of Nylo and his mother, Nyteisha, are planning a ceremony this Sunday to remember them on what would have been Nyteisha’s 30th birthday. (Info below)

Campbell says NSI is planning a candlelight vigil ceremony for Nylo on Dec. 18 at the Purple People Bridge. More info to come.

ZYR6IHCSZ5CPBC2CPLNZNJBLPM.JPG

A year later: Family of murdered Walnut Hills mother, son continue to push for justice​

Nyteisha Lattimore's father shared heartache and a continued push for justice a year after his daughter and her son were murdered.

This week, his case goes back to court.

It's now been a year since investigators said Nyteisha Lattimore was murdered.

"We feel empty without them and it's just not going to be the same. It'll never be the same," Rodrick Lattimore said.

His case heads back to Hamilton County Court on Wednesday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back