OH NYLO LATTIMORE: Missing from Cincinnati, OH - 4 Dec 2020 - Age 3 *ARREST*

1639628096366.png1607891455936.png

Police: Three-year-old missing from Walnut Hills, last seen more than a week ago​

A toddler from Walnut Hills has been missing for more than a week.

Three-year-old Nylo Lattimore was last seen around noon on Dec. 4, police said Saturday evening. Nylo lives on Melrose Avenue in Walnut Hills.

Police say the circumstances of Nylo's disappearance are unknown.

Family members of Nylo say he is the son of a woman who was found dead near the Purple People Bridge on Saturday.

According to an affidavit, 29-year-old Nyteisha Lattimore was stabbed by her boyfriend, Desean Brown, 20, with an unknown weapon in the 2600 block of Melrose Avenue.

Police say missing 3-year-old is son of woman found dead near Purple People Bridge​

Officers say a 3-year-old, who has been missing since Dec. 4, is the son of a woman who was found dead near the Purple People Bridge Saturday.

Police say Nylo Lattimore has been missing from his home in Walnut Hills.

Nyteisha Lattimore, 29, is the mother of is Nylo, officers said.

According to an affidavit, 20-year-old Desean Brown stabbed his girlfriend, Nyteisha, with an unknown weapon in the 2600 block of Melrose Ave.

Officers say Nylo is missing from the same residence.

Family members state that since Nyteisha never went anywhere without her son, they are afraid that her son witnessed his mother being killed.

It is unclear as to why Nyteisha was killed.

Court documents say Brown is facing one count of murder.

Officers are still investigating.

MEDIA - NYLO LATTIMORE: Missing from Cincinnati, OH since 4 Dec 2020 - Age 3

Last edited:

Stabbing victim's 3-year-old son missing after her death​

Twenty-nine-year-old c loved her son. One of her last posts on Facebook was about three-year-old Nylo and her hopes that a successful job interview would help brighten their family's holiday season.

"I want my son to have a good Christmas," she wrote. "It’s about the Kids and I want my son to be happy for Christmas."

Nylo disappeared in early December, police said. Lattimore was discovered dead on E. Pete Rose Way early Saturday morning, having been stabbed to death with "an unknown edged weapon," according to Hamilton County court documents. Police arrested 20-year-old Desean Brown before the end of the night and charged him with murder in connection to her death.

But Nylo remained missing Sunday afternoon. According to a missing persons notice issued Saturday, Nylo was last seen Dec. 4 at a home on Melrose Avenue in Walnut Hills.

1607891772349.png

Cincinnati police and a dive team are currently searching for 3-year-old Nylo Lattimore and evidence near the Purple People Bridge. Earlier today, family members went down to Yeatman's Cove and identified a stroller that appears to belong to the Lattimore family, police said.

Bond was set at $1 million Monday for a man charged with murdering his girlfriend whose 3-year-old son remains missing.

Desean Brown, 20, pleaded not guilty during the brief hearing in Hamilton County Municipal Court.

Prior to this, it doesn't appear he had a lengthy record, but police allege he brutally killed his girlfriend leaving many questions unanswered.

Cincinnati police are working meticulously through dates, locations and evidence to figure out exactly what happened to Nyteisha Lattimore, a Walnut Hills mother, with a 3-year-old son, Nylo, who appeared to be her world.

It's strange that the boy was last seen on December 4th but the mother was stabbed on December 11th.

He was probably seen after the 4th (by his mother). But, as his mother is dead, the last confirmed sighting OTHER than by his mother was Dec 4.

He was probably seen after the 4th (by his mother). But, as his mother is dead, the last confirmed sighting OTHER than by his mother was Dec 4.
Definitely the most likely possibility but I guess since she was not found until 8 days later and they said she always had her son with her, I was hoping there was another explanation and some hope for him, although I don't think it likely...

Definitely the most likely possibility but I guess since she was not found until 8 days later and they said she always had her son with her, I was hoping there was another explanation and some hope for him, although I don't think it likely...
Unfortunately I don't think this guy wheeled the family stroller down to the bridge for fun... :(

CPD: Foul play suspected in 3-year-old Nylo Lattimore's disappearance​

Foul play is suspected in the disappearance of 3-year-old Nylo Lattimore, according to Cincinnati Police Lt. Steve Saunders.

"We are still looking for Nylo Lattimore to date, please understand that. But growing concern has risen through our investigation of Desean Brown... growing concern to the point we feel that this event with Nylo may have involved foul play," Saunders said in a video update Tuesday.

1608075804169.png

1608075845707.png

Neighbor recalls last day she saw murdered mother, missing toddler alive​

Cincinnati police said the last day anyone saw the toddler was Dec. 4. That's the day a neighbor says she saw the toddler and his mother in front of their apartment on Melrose Avenue. The neighbor said they weren't alone.

"I started to hear people screaming, and it alerted me to look out the window, and I did, and I could see him holding the baby, Nylo, and them screaming back and forth and her screaming, 'Get out of my face.' He was getting in her face, and he was trying to swing at her and stuff. Well, Nylo got scared, started crying. He wanted down, so he put him down," the neighbor said.

She said the "he" she is referring to is Desean Brown, the man charged with murdering Lattimore. On the night of the fight in the street, the neighbor said she threatened to call the cops and Brown put Nylo down. She said he left and returned angry a few times that night.

"He came back another hour later and was up by the door, screaming by the door. So, I think they were fighting through the door. She did not want to let him in," the neighbor said. "He seemed like he wanted to punish her because she wouldn't be with him."

The neighbor said she did not see Brown enter the locked building that night, but she never saw Lattimore or Nylo again either.

"That was the last time I saw either one of them," the neighbor said.

Neighbor recalls last day she saw murdered mother, missing toddler alive​

Cincinnati police said the last day anyone saw the toddler was Dec. 4. That's the day a neighbor says she saw the toddler and his mother in front of their apartment on Melrose Avenue. The neighbor said they weren't alone.

"I started to hear people screaming, and it alerted me to look out the window, and I did, and I could see him holding the baby, Nylo, and them screaming back and forth and her screaming, 'Get out of my face.' He was getting in her face, and he was trying to swing at her and stuff. Well, Nylo got scared, started crying. He wanted down, so he put him down," the neighbor said.

She said the "he" she is referring to is Desean Brown, the man charged with murdering Lattimore. On the night of the fight in the street, the neighbor said she threatened to call the cops and Brown put Nylo down. She said he left and returned angry a few times that night.

"He came back another hour later and was up by the door, screaming by the door. So, I think they were fighting through the door. She did not want to let him in," the neighbor said. "He seemed like he wanted to punish her because she wouldn't be with him."

The neighbor said she did not see Brown enter the locked building that night, but she never saw Lattimore or Nylo again either.

"That was the last time I saw either one of them," the neighbor said.
This is so sad! I wish there was something citizens could do when they see this sort of thing going on, to help the women and children.

This is so sad! I wish there was something citizens could do when they see this sort of thing going on, to help the women and children.
I don't know that it applies in this case but so often the women go back to the men and I think it frustrates both LE and family and neighbors, etc. They go to bat for them and then they go back.

It sounds like she was trying to keep him out though in this case and that really makes it sad. I wish something or someone had intervened. It's so hard to know when to do so, on one hand you don't want to interfere in someones life if you are wrong but on the other hand you don't want to wish you had... Jmo.

Prosecutor: Man indicted for murder of Walnut Hills mother; toddler remains missing​

A man has been indicted on murder and assault charges for the murder of his girlfriend earlier this month.

Hamilton County Prosecutor Joseph T. Deters said Desean Brown, 20, has been indicted on two counts of murder, one county of felonious assault, one count of gross abuse of a corpse and one count of tampering with evidence.

If convicted of all charges, he faces the possibility of life in prison, Deters said.

Investigators still do not know what happened to Nylo.

Crews continue search for missing 3-year-old, Nylo Lattimore​

Search crews were out at Fernbank Park Saturday searching Nylo Lattimore, who went missing around the date his mother was killed.

“We found that in the past, most bodies if they go in the water are found in these areas. Today we’re staging down at Fernbank park because it’s a good center source for our search teams to come to,” Shari said.

As a part of a 21-mile search pattern, the Ground branch director of the Northstar International Search and Recovery Team Jeff Shari says crews searched for 12 miles on Tuesday and will be finishing it Saturday.

“We have additional resources today, so we have a boat out on the river, checking the sides of the river and the barges. We have some drones going up and an additional K9 going out,” Shari said.

Deters says Nylo’s mother Nyteisha Lattimore was stabbed to death on or around Dec. 5.

Search continues for missing 3-year-old Nylo Lattimore​

Search teams from North Star International continued their active search for 3-year-old Nylo Lattimore on Sunday.

On Sunday, search teams fanned out in 20-mile area from Shawnee Lookout in North Bend into high brush and rough country of western Hamilton County.

Tracy Campbell of North Star International has been on the search teams since the boy's disappearance.

“We started along Sawyer Point and then we moved down to Fernbank, and now this is the last leg of it, from Addyston to the Great Miami," she said.

North Star International members coordinated the efforts with canine and equine teams in the thick brush and rugged shoreline terrain.

Mariah-Ann Crawley, riding her horse, Curley, worked through the high brush near the river bank.

“The perception form the horse is better for working with the dog. It helps makes the situation easier because we can get to help quicker than just being on foot,” Crawley said.

Weeks after the boys disappearance, Campbell and other search leaders say they simply wish to bring closure to the family.

“We hope that we are successful and we hope that we can help the Lattimore family have closure.”https://jadserve.postrelease.com/tr...A&ntv_r=http://www.nativo.com/about/adchoices

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back