NICOLE & JASMINE SNYDER: PA vs Marie Snyder & Echo, Ronald, & Michele Butler for starvation and abuse deaths of Marie's daughters *GUILTY PLEAS*

1646509573449.png

I haven't done a case thread in a long, long time so an admin may need to fix/change this or move its spot if incorrect.

This is a case I for one have never heard of. This starts out with the initial story, some arrests last year and now more arrests so watch the 15 minutes or so throughout to see what happened then and is happening now.

This is before Covid and yet another story of how kids were claimed to be elsewhere and more. Not only is the mother and her girlfriend charged but now the girlfriend's mother and father as well who they were living with. I don't know how a case like this is basically unheard of. Of course the investigation I guess was ongoing but still why is there not news now???

Last edited by a moderator:
Taken into custody was Ronald Butler, 53, of 76 Green Hill Road, Ralston, who has been charged with two felony counts of endangering the welfare of children and a misdemeanor charge of obstructing information in a child abuse case.

“He knowingly endangered the welfare of Jasmine Snyder and Nicole Snyder while supervising them at their home at 653 Livermore Road in Hepburn Township, subjecting them to protracted, intentional starvation and child abuse that resulted in their deaths,” a township police officer alleged in an affidavit. At the time, Butler also was living at the home.

Already arrested in the case are the girls’ mother, Marie Snyder, 32; Butler’s daughter and Snyder’s girlfriend, Echo Butler 26; and Ronald Butler’s wife and Echo’s mother, Michele Butler, 49.

The District Attorney’s Office is seeking the death penalty for Marie Snyder and Echo Butler.

Investigators allege the two abused the girls for years up to the time of their deaths, and that Echo Butler buried the children in the backyard at the home on Livermore Road. Butler’s mother indicated that the two girls “from the time they woke up until they went to bed, spent time in the corners of rooms, being physically restrained during these times. The only exception was to use the bathroom and to provide little amounts of food and water,” according to an affidavit.

When the girls soiled themselves, “they would have the feces smeared onto them as punishment by Echo Butler. When the girls had an accident of going to the bathroom, their noses would be rubbed into feces or urine as punishment, like a dog, by Echo Butler,” investigators alleged.

Nicole was 6 when she died on or about May 10, 2016, and Jasmine was 4 when she died on or about Aug. 11, 2017, according to investigators.

Marie Snyder has admitted to investigators that following Nicole’s death, “the starvation and abuse of Jasmine continued and increased in severity,” court records stated. In late September 2016, Marie Snyder and Echo Butler moved with Jasmine to the 1600 block of Catherine Street in the city. After she died on Catherine Street in the city, her body was transported back to 653 Livermore Road, where she was buried next to her sister, investigators were told.

Michele Butler has told police that her daughter and the girls’ mother would “subject the girls to physical abuse, hitting their heads off walls and other objects on almost a daily basis,” court records stated. Michele Butler reported that on at least one occasion, Marie Snyder pushed the girls into a wall, resulting in injuries, including “a bleeding head wound” to Jasmine, the affidavit stated.

In a court document made public this week, investigators alleged Ronald Butler “failed to provide information to the Lycoming County Department of Children and Youth” during their investigation into the safety and care of the girls.

I’m gonna try to watch this tonight.
It's quite something the case. At first on hearing the first part you have every reason to think the two were just staying with the one's parents and that of course they wouldn't be involved. They claimed the mother told them the kids were with someone else... As it turns out recently, not the case... I'll leave it though for people to watch and weigh in.

The YTer also could only find two pictures of these girls. Beautiful children, not sure how much happiness they had in their short lives.

Taken into custody was Ronald Butler, 53, of 76 Green Hill Road, Ralston, who has been charged with two felony counts of endangering the welfare of children and a misdemeanor charge of obstructing information in a child abuse case.

“He knowingly endangered the welfare of Jasmine Snyder and Nicole Snyder while supervising them at their home at 653 Livermore Road in Hepburn Township, subjecting them to protracted, intentional starvation and child abuse that resulted in their deaths,” a township police officer alleged in an affidavit. At the time, Butler also was living at the home.

Already arrested in the case are the girls’ mother, Marie Snyder, 32; Butler’s daughter and Snyder’s girlfriend, Echo Butler 26; and Ronald Butler’s wife and Echo’s mother, Michele Butler, 49.

The District Attorney’s Office is seeking the death penalty for Marie Snyder and Echo Butler.

Investigators allege the two abused the girls for years up to the time of their deaths, and that Echo Butler buried the children in the backyard at the home on Livermore Road. Butler’s mother indicated that the two girls “from the time they woke up until they went to bed, spent time in the corners of rooms, being physically restrained during these times. The only exception was to use the bathroom and to provide little amounts of food and water,” according to an affidavit.

When the girls soiled themselves, “they would have the feces smeared onto them as punishment by Echo Butler. When the girls had an accident of going to the bathroom, their noses would be rubbed into feces or urine as punishment, like a dog, by Echo Butler,” investigators alleged.

Nicole was 6 when she died on or about May 10, 2016, and Jasmine was 4 when she died on or about Aug. 11, 2017, according to investigators.

Marie Snyder has admitted to investigators that following Nicole’s death, “the starvation and abuse of Jasmine continued and increased in severity,” court records stated. In late September 2016, Marie Snyder and Echo Butler moved with Jasmine to the 1600 block of Catherine Street in the city. After she died on Catherine Street in the city, her body was transported back to 653 Livermore Road, where she was buried next to her sister, investigators were told.

Michele Butler has told police that her daughter and the girls’ mother would “subject the girls to physical abuse, hitting their heads off walls and other objects on almost a daily basis,” court records stated. Michele Butler reported that on at least one occasion, Marie Snyder pushed the girls into a wall, resulting in injuries, including “a bleeding head wound” to Jasmine, the affidavit stated.

In a court document made public this week, investigators alleged Ronald Butler “failed to provide information to the Lycoming County Department of Children and Youth” during their investigation into the safety and care of the girls.
Okay. I did not know all of this. Only watched the coverage on the charges and arrests. I mean I figured it wasn't good and they were abused but my God. Were these people all abusers of children who somehow just ended up together?? How can FOUR adults do this and watch it go on and participate?!!

And these kids did not go off the map unaccounted for due to Covid, They died in 2016 and 2017. We seem to be seeing a rash of this, many were put down to CPS and such as losing track during Covid or things of that order but clearly this went on enough prior...

I watched and read about this case in horror last night. This is one of the worst cases I’ve ever heard of!

I watched and read about this case in horror last night. This is one of the worst cases I’ve ever heard of!
It is awful isn't it? When I saw the further details She posted, I realized I should have known at some level those too. I mean I knew it would probably involve very bad things and even extreme abuse but I am still just floored. None of the four seemed to be any better. And that skinny little thing of a gf particularly vicious. Looks like a child herself. All were vicious though.

It is awful isn't it? When I saw the further details She posted, I realized I should have known at some level those too. I mean I knew it would probably involve very bad things and even extreme abuse but I am still just floored. None of the four seemed to be any better. And that skinny little thing of a gf particularly vicious. Looks like a child herself. All were vicious though.
I wonder if it comes from a long line of abuse or something? I just can’t imagine how in the world someone could be so cruel. And four of them!

I wonder if it comes from a long line of abuse or something? I just can’t imagine how in the world someone could be so cruel. And four of them!
I have those same thoughts. How can FOUR be like that? The mother meets a woman like that? The woman's father and mother are like that? Even the father and mother of the gf, mother had to marry the dad back when and they were both like that or became that way?? It does sound like the older woman (no relation to children) seems to be one of the ones who has come clean on much of it but it still sounds like she and ALL of them were horrid to these TWO children.

BREAKING: Child murderer pleads guilty​

• Jan 20, 2023
Echo Butler, 27, pleaded guilty to two counts of conspiring to commit first degree murder of her girlfriend's two young daughters in Lycoming County Court Friday evening.

As part of the plea deal, Butler will serve two consecutive life sentences, without the possibility of parole, prosecutors say.

Her guilty plea joins that of Marie Snyder, 33, the girls' biological mother, who entered her guilty plea for two charges of conspiracy to commit criminal homicide, theft by deception, and food stamp fraud on Oct. 31.

Both women subjected Nicole, 6, and Jasmine, 4, to intense physical and verbal abuse, restraint, and starvation. Snyder outlined the details surrounding the girls' deaths and implicated Butler in her March 16 preliminary hearing testimony last year.

According to the DA's office, the charges that were dropped would have no impact on Butler's sentencing. The charges would have run concurrent with the sentence.

Echo's parents, Michele and Ronald Bulter, who also lived in the trailer on 653 Livermore Road the same time the girls resided in the home, are both out on bail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back