OK MIRACLE CROOK & TONY CROOK: Missing from Tulsa, OK - 22 May 2020 - Age 3 & 2 *Found Deceased**Guilty Plea*

1590442806001.png

Oklahoma authorities continue search for missing children

The Tulsa Police Department says the search for two missing children is still underway after the mother allegedly refused to cooperate with the investigation.

Officials are looking for 2-year-old Miracle Crook and 1-year-old Tony Crook who were last seen Friday, May 22, near the Shoreline Apartments in Tulsa, near East 21st St. and I-44, around 9 a.m.

Another affiliate reports the children were with their mother, Donisha Willis, when they went missing.

On the night of May 21, Willis’ parents and sister stopped by the apartment.

The last time the children were seen was on surveillance video at Ryan’s Mingo, a convenience store near the complex, around 8:30 a.m. the next morning. They were with Willis at the time, police say.

“That’s the last time we saw them,” said Tulsa Police Chief Wendell Franklin. “Those are the last images we have and we believe that’s what they were wearing.”

About 30 minutes later that morning, a witness saw the children at the apartment with Willis.

However since then, the children have not been seen, and Willis was found passed out on the couch by police at the apartment.

She allegedly became “verbally abusive,” Affiliate KJRH reports, saying she didn’t care when asked where the children were.

Lt. John Adams says Willis is not giving any information on the whereabouts of the children and refused to cooperate.

“[We] Canvassed the apartment complex several times. Helicopter. Did everything we could,” Adams said.

1590442905636.png

MEDIA - https://www.crimewatchers.net/media...-from-tulsa-ok-since-22-may-2020-age-3-2.505/

Last edited:

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member

Police hunt for 2 missing toddlers; mother arrested

Police searching for two small Oklahoma children who have been missing for days on Monday knocked on doors and stopped drivers at an apartment complex in Tulsa, after sending dive teams into nearby ponds.

Police said 3-year-old Miracle Crook and 2-year-old Tony Crook of Tulsa were last seen Friday with their mother, who does not have custody of them. Their aunt is their guardian.

The mother, 24-year-old Donisha Willis, was arrested Friday night and is being held on bond in the Tulsa County jail, according to jail records. She is charged with child neglect and assaulting a police officer. Jail records do not list an attorney for Willis.

Tulsa Police Chief Wendell Franklin said Willis was not forthcoming with investigators.

Officers completed a grid search of the area Saturday, looking in trash cans and cars. Authorities have also used a dive team to search nearby bodies of water.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member

"There's only two things can happen here. These children are either on someone's couch, asleep, and the people that they're with don't know these children are missing. Or, these children are dead," a police official said. "We need to find these children, and every single moment that these children are away leads us to believe the latter. These children cannot survive on their own. There is absolutely no way they could have survived 24 hours out here by themselves. So, we need the public's help."

Police said Monday that the department's special response team is saturating the area of the Shoreline Apartments, looking for any clues to the whereabouts of Miracle and Tony. Authorities said officers are talking to every resident in the complex, knocking on every door and chasing down every lead.

Anyone with information about the children's location is urged to contact police at 918-596-9222.

Whatsnext

Carpe diem

"There's only two things can happen here. These children are either on someone's couch, asleep, and the people that they're with don't know these children are missing. Or, these children are dead," a police official said. "We need to find these children, and every single moment that these children are away leads us to believe the latter. These children cannot survive on their own. There is absolutely no way they could have survived 24 hours out here by themselves. So, we need the public's help."

Police said Monday that the department's special response team is saturating the area of the Shoreline Apartments, looking for any clues to the whereabouts of Miracle and Tony. Authorities said officers are talking to every resident in the complex, knocking on every door and chasing down every lead.

Anyone with information about the children's location is urged to contact police at 918-596-9222.

I am seriously hoping for a miracle(absolutely no pun intended 😕) here, this sounds really bad.😔

GrandmaBear

Deputized Emu Slayer/Horse Thief Hunter
This is the part that bothers me, quoting from the People article:
"State authorities have reportedly not issued an AMBER Alert because Willis is in custody and they do not believe the children to be with anyone else."
They (LE) NEVER say that, they always look at all avenues even if they think that, they keep it to themselves. They know something already or so it seems...
It gives little hope in this case right from the start... Jmo.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member
This is the part that bothers me, quoting from the People article:
"State authorities have reportedly not issued an AMBER Alert because Willis is in custody and they do not believe the children to be with anyone else."
They (LE) NEVER say that, they always look at all avenues even if they think that, they keep it to themselves. They know something already or so it seems...
It gives little hope in this case right from the start... Jmo.

Dang. I missed that.
It bothered me that they said that the kids were either with someone who didn't realize they were missing, or they were dead. No other options. Not wandered out of the apartment when mom was passed out, not handed off to someone. Just with family/friend, or dead.

GrandmaBear

Dang. I missed that.
It bothered me that they said that the kids were either with someone who didn't realize they were missing, or they were dead. No other options. Not wandered out of the apartment when mom was passed out, not handed off to someone. Just with family/friend, or dead.
It was easy to miss. I almost did. It was at the tail end of the article after one thought the article ended. I just never see them say something like that, have you? I mean comparing it to any case, even Morphew which is not a child. Even Gannon, they never said that. LE, if anything, says little... Yes, it is a real downer...

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member
It was easy to miss. I almost did. It was at the tail end of the article after one thought the article ended. I just never see them say something like that, have you? I mean comparing it to any case, even Morphew which is not a child. Even Gannon, they never said that. LE, if anything, says little... Yes, it is a real downer...

No, they're being very direct. I've seen them decline to issue AMBER Alerts but usually it's because "we have no evidence of an abduction" or "we have no vehicle description" or something. Not because "our suspect is in custody".

GrandmaBear

No, they're being very direct. I've seen them decline to issue AMBER Alerts but usually it's because "we have no evidence of an abduction" or "we have no vehicle description" or something. Not because "our suspect is in custody".

Yes, either they are trying to spur someone else to believe they are not suspected or they know who and what happened... They have said so much here already, even about the mother, I would guess the latter. I don't know that I have ever seen a case start like this? With nothing almost to find hope in right from the start? If they know this much, they probably will find them shortly and doubtfully alive based on LE's own statements. Imo.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member
So the children were seen on video about 9:30 am, and seen arriving home by a neighbor about 10:00 am.
Apparently her parents and sister came to the apartment that evening. Police responded about 8:00 pm. The door was open and "mom" was passed out. Passed out implies that her state was due to drugs or alcohol, not simply sleeping.

Was the witness who saw them arrive home incorrect and they were harmed prior to that? Did she leave the apartment again? Does she have a vehicle? 10am-8pm is a huge window. But she doesn't seem like the super motivated type to make a big effort in...anything.

Why are they so convinced that she didn't hand them off for drugs? Or they left the apartment when mom was unresponsive to them? Evidence at the apartment?

Mom's mugshot
1590453305623.png

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member

Cooper said her brother, the father of the toddlers, is in jail. Officers took him to speak with Willis.

“She gave him a black stare,” said Cooper. “He asked her if the kids were in heaven and she gave him a blank stare.”

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member
See. Look at that Tulsa PD. There was more than 2 options after all.

UPDATE: Missing Tulsa toddlers seen walking down the street alone on day they disappeared

Tulsa police released a new image of two toddlers walking alone down a street, shot two hours after security footage showed the missing children with their mother at a convenience story on Friday morning.

The new image comes from a security camera at The Shoreline Apartments complex, where Donisha Willis — the mother of Miracle Cook, 2, and her brother Tony Crook, 1 — lives.

On Sunday, police arrested Willis for child endangerment and assaulting an officer. She has been uncooperative throughout the investigation, Tulsa police said.

10:15 am Friday
1590457703725.png

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member
Tulsa Police Department Chief Franklin @TPD_Franklin 1h
We still have no valid information to help us solve Miracle & Tony’s disappearance.

Tulsa Police @TulsaPolice 3h
We are still out looking for leads in the area. We did find children on a surveillance camera in the apartment complex at 10:15 am Friday walking alone. If you have any information, please contact us at 918-596-9222 You can remain anonymous call @918CrimeStopper 918-596-COPS

In what world is seeing them on surveillance not a valid lead? I understand it doesn't find them but it's more information than you had this morning.
It really seems like they jumped immediately to "this druggie woman killed her kids" and literally didn't explore anything else. Not that I think she deserves a pass. She chose to use drugs to the point of incapacitation while her children were in her care. Absolutely negligent.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member

Relatives say mother insulted missing kids

Disturbing new details are emerging in the search for two missing kids as relatives speak out about what the children’s mother allegedly told them.

"They opened the door and let me talk to her, three times I tried to talk to her and asked her, begged, I pled to her, please tell me where the kids are," she said.

Far from telling her anything useful, Donisha she says went on a tirade.

"She said, 'F*** them kids, I ain’t got no kids. F*** ‘em, they probably in the lake somewhere.' She kept telling me, 'Why you wanna know? Why, why, why?'" she said.

The search for Miracle and Tony; three days and no answers in sight.

GrandmaBear

See. Look at that Tulsa PD. There was more than 2 options after all.

UPDATE: Missing Tulsa toddlers seen walking down the street alone on day they disappeared

Tulsa police released a new image of two toddlers walking alone down a street, shot two hours after security footage showed the missing children with their mother at a convenience story on Friday morning.

The new image comes from a security camera at The Shoreline Apartments complex, where Donisha Willis — the mother of Miracle Cook, 2, and her brother Tony Crook, 1 — lives.

On Sunday, police arrested Willis for child endangerment and assaulting an officer. She has been uncooperative throughout the investigation, Tulsa police said.

10:15 am Friday
View attachment 3840
I don't like this car. I get it may be parked in a parking lot so it parked backwards or to get near their residence but it sure looks to me as if at least one of the kids is looking towards it. Look how close to the curb it got. Tinted windows. And what is in the back left corner of the rear window? It also seems the kids are on the left side of the road they are on and towards the car as well. I can't accuse anyone as we don't know whose car it is so I feel I can at least say, to me, it looks like it pulled up quickly and close on the wrong side? Now for me, I would be trying to save the children but a predator wouldn't be. Also, do the kids appear to be carrying things, it almost looks that way to me...

GrandmaBear

Do we even know who called this in? Was it the relatives who stopped by? Why did she have them if she was not supposed to? Why did she want to have them if she didn't even care if she stayed awake (being nice on that one) and took care of them? It is stupid, but I sometimes have more hope when there are two. I guess because I figure it is harder to abduct two, maybe a better chance of looking for two and harder to hide two, etc. OR that maybe a caring family member or in a custody dispute a family member took them and they have a chance. As I said above though, the children almost look like they are being lured to that car, where is the rest of that video or still shots? We are never shown all. There could though be no one at all in that car, I just don't like it :(

I wonder why the family members were there that night? Was she to have brought the kids back or they couldn't reach her, etc.? Again did they report it? Did they find the door open? Is it possible someone else found the door open and called the family?

So she takes them for candy bars and whatever she needed and two hours later they are wandering the street? I note the boy is eating his before it was likely paid for and it looks like the girl started to get hers out of the wrapper. Means nothing I guess but where is she either? Do we know she was even with them at the store? I wonder how they found the gas station video so quickly? I would think it means it is close by and one of the first places they checked unless someone at the gas station called something in? I wonder what shape she was in while there at the store, if she was even with them...

All of these questions which I guess is typical when they don't share everything. :( Just thoughts and speculation, jmo.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member
Do we even know who called this in? Was it the relatives who stopped by? Why did she have them if she was not supposed to? Why did she want to have them if she didn't even care if she stayed awake (being nice on that one) and took care of them?

I don't have the links at the moment but I believe it's been said that mom was considered homeless. Now I'm not sure what that means. I don't know if she was with the kids at their guardian's house (her sister's house) or what. But I'm not sure why she had them. Maybe her family thought they were being "nice" by giving her visitation? But I know that I'm not leaving two children alone with someone who is a known drug abuser for TEN HOURS without checking on them. I've also read somewhere that grandpa was supposed to be at the apartment but left.

I wonder why the family members were there that night? Was she to have brought the kids back or they couldn't reach her, etc.? Again did they report it? Did they find the door open? Is it possible someone else found the door open and called the family?

The door was said to be open when police arrived. Not sure if that means it was open when family arrived home or if the family opened the door and just didn't shut it before police got there. Or if it was a mis-statement all together and it was just the family that found the door open.

where is the rest of that video or still shots? We are never shown all.

I know I read that this was a "low-camera area", as in, not many cameras. I'll have to find the link for that one too.

Lieutenant John Adams said Willis' parents and sister stopped by the apartment Friday night. - https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/tulsa-police-searching-for-two-missing-toddlers

Officers found the door open and Willis passed out on the couch. -

The 24-year-old had been on probation since September after serving one year each of two three-year sentences for assault and battery on a police officer and bringing methamphetamine into a jail, according to online records. - https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/tul...cle_1af30a7f-7f83-51b8-9810-74e81ad93afa.html[/QUOTE]

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member
Amelia Mugavero @AmeliaMugaver 2h

#BREAKING:
@TulsaPolice are searching a drainage ditch near 36th street north and North Mingo, known as Mingo Creek. I’ll have more at noon on @NewsOn6
1590515770161.png

OHP is gearing up to take an airboat out to search the creek. We are trying to find out how they were led to this location.

#JUSTNOW: @OHPDPS and @TulsaPolice have left the area. Their boat was too big to fit under a bridge and were only able to search about a mile of the creek. As of right now, the search has switched back to Shoreline where they will search more of the lake and apartments. @NewsOn6

GrandmaBear

I don't have the links at the moment but I believe it's been said that mom was considered homeless. Now I'm not sure what that means. I don't know if she was with the kids at their guardian's house (her sister's house) or what. But I'm not sure why she had them. Maybe her family thought they were being "nice" by giving her visitation? But I know that I'm not leaving two children alone with someone who is a known drug abuser for TEN HOURS without checking on them. I've also read somewhere that grandpa was supposed to be at the apartment but left.

The door was said to be open when police arrived. Not sure if that means it was open when family arrived home or if the family opened the door and just didn't shut it before police got there. Or if it was a mis-statement all together and it was just the family that found the door open.

I know I read that this was a "low-camera area", as in, not many cameras. I'll have to find the link for that one too.

Lieutenant John Adams said Willis' parents and sister stopped by the apartment Friday night. - https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/tulsa-police-searching-for-two-missing-toddlers

Officers found the door open and Willis passed out on the couch. -

The 24-year-old had been on probation since September after serving one year each of two three-year sentences for assault and battery on a police officer and bringing methamphetamine into a jail, according to online records. - https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/tul...cle_1af30a7f-7f83-51b8-9810-74e81ad93afa.html
[/QUOTE]
Please don't look for links for me, I am just happy to hear from anyone who has read more than I have. I never even heard about the grandfather. I hope there is some chance for these children although it sure does not look good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlette