ID MICHAEL VAUGHAN: Missing from Fruitland, ID - 27 July 2021 - Age 5

1639627999515.png 1627521508522.png

Search continues for missing and endangered 5-year-old in Fruitland, Idaho​

Michael Vaughn was last seen near SW 9th Street and S. Arizona Ave. in Fruitland on Tuesday evening. Crews and neighbors were out all day looking for the boy.

The search for a missing 5-year-old-year-old boy intensified Wednesday as it entered its second day.

Michael Vaughn was last seen near SW 9th Street and S. Arizona Avenue in Fruitland around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.

The Fruitland Police Department said Michael is considered missing and endangered.

Michael is about three feet, seven-inches tall and weighs 50 pounds. He has blonde hair and blue eyes. He answers to the nickname "Monkey."

Michael was wearing a light blue shirt with a Minecraft picture on it, dark blue boxer briefs and sandals.

Idaho Mountain Rescue brought in highly-trained and rescue personnel to assist in the search.

Crews from multiple agencies searched the area near Michael's home by ground and air by drone and helicopter. They also went door to door, talking with neighbors.

Right next to the boy's home is a field where crews spent much of the day searching for him.

Neighbors say they learned about his disappearance about an hour after he was reported missing. They say Michael is a happy kid who lives with his parents and grandfather.

Cynthia Walker was walking her dog as the search was happening.

"At five years old, I don't know that he would wander too far without one us seeing him by now," she said. "There are volunteers, many, many volunteers out searching, scanning the fields and we just want to have Michael back, we just want him home safe."

1627521579965.png 1627521602951.png 1627521804089.png

1627521701987.png 1627521721576.png

MEDIA - MICHAEL VAUGHN: Missing from Fruitland, ID since 27 July 2021 - Age 5

Attachments

• 1627521844890.png
    1627521844890.png
    182 KB · Views: 706
Last edited:

This is the latest news article I could find about Michael and the search to find him that is still ongoing. After looking at the area I just don't know how he could have walked away so far that no one could find him. Is there any information about a timeline of when he was last seen? I haven't seen anything other than the statement that he was reported missing at 6:30 pm.

Search for missing 5-year-old Fruitland boy stretches into third day Friday
The search for a missing 5-year-old boy from Fruitland stretched into a third day Friday.

The community is still holding out hope, but the search is getting more desperate by the day.

Police are now asking anyone who was in the area of SW 8th St., SW 9th St. and Cornwall Way from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. on July 27 to come forward. Officers are trying to paint a more clear picture of the time and area Michael was last seen. Officers are also asking people who live in the immediate area to check their properties, security camera footage, outbuildings, vehicles and irrigation ditches.

Fruitland Police ask for witnesses: 'Every minute counts when searching for missing child'
After three nights of unsuccessful searching for a missing Fruitland boy, police are asking anyone who may have been in the area where he was last seen to come forward.

"Even if you do not believe you have relevant information, please contact us so we can recreate a complete picture of the time and area Michael was last seen," said JD Huff, Fruitland Police Chief. "Every minute counts when searching for a missing child and we appreciate the public's continued support and coordination as we search for Michael."

Investigating a missing child is resource intensive, according to Huff. The community is asked to only report information from credible sources to law enforcement.

"Sharing speculation or rumors only makes the process more difficult for investigators," Huff said. "We also want to emphasize Michael's family continues to be fully cooperative with law enforcement. We ask the community to be respectful of their privacy during this difficult time."

The public has been extremely helpful to investigators so far. The outpouring of community support has been overwhelming in this case.

"We are very grateful for the public's assistance and are following up on each lead we receive," Huff added. "We are committed to finding Michael and will leave no stone unturned."

Search continues for Missing Idaho boy​

The Ozark County Sheriff’s Department is urging people to be aware that a boy who went missing from Idaho earlier this week may show up in our area. Michael Joseph Vaughan, 5 years old, from Fruitland, Idaho has been missing since 6:30 PM on Tuesday, July 27. While there have been no sightings of him or connections locally, the Sheriff’s Department encourages people to keep an eye out for him in and around local campgrounds this weekend.

Police aim to ‘recreate a complete picture’ in case of missing boy​

The search continues for 5-year-old Michael Joseph Vaughan, of Fruitland, who was last seen near his home on Southwest Ninth Street at about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday evening. Police are still urging vigilance from the community and asking property owners to thoroughly search their property — outbuildings, vehicles, irrigation ditches and any place a small child might hide or become stuck — as well as video footage for any sign of a small child in the area.

In a phone interview this morning, Huff said they would not be conducting another sanctioned search with the community today, adding that if they needed help in that area, they would definitely let people know.

“We still have K-9 units in the area and aerial units out there in the primary search area,” he said, adding that he was confident the city of Fruitland had been thoroughly searched.

Regional law enforcement agencies, including Idaho State Police, have been assisting Fruitland Police Department in the search, too. On Thursday the FBI also got involved.

Currently, police are seeking to “recreate a complete picture of the time and area Michael was last seen. As such, they are asking for the public to help identify people who were “in the area of SW 8th St., SW 9th St. and Cornwall Way from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. on July 27.”

Individuals who were, or who know of someone who was, are urged to contact police.

This is the latest news article I could find about Michael and the search to find him that is still ongoing. After looking at the area I just don't know how he could have walked away so far that no one could find him. Is there any information about a timeline of when he was last seen? I haven't seen anything other than the statement that he was reported missing at 6:30 pm.
Yep. And if he were to go "that far"...he'd have to cross a major highway. In ANY direction. Hwy 30 isn't that big but it's still 4 lanes. Or he'd come to the Snake River.
I'm really starting to worry about a possible person in his neighborhood who knew he liked to wander and was keeping an eye on him.

They've narrowed down the area and the timeline. Just a few block radius and a 45-minute window that they're looking more closely at...

Here is the latest news update about Michael, LE is asking anyone who lives in the area or was in the area at the time he went missing to please reach out to law enforcement with anything they might have seen. As well as all neighbors to check their properties, storage buildings, drainage ditches, etc and pull any home security footage to see if they caught the boy on camera.

Search continues for Missing Idaho boy​

The Ozark County Sheriff’s Department is urging people to be aware that a boy who went missing from Idaho earlier this week may show up in our area. Michael Joseph Vaughan, 5 years old, from Fruitland, Idaho has been missing since 6:30 PM on Tuesday, July 27. While there have been no sightings of him or connections locally, the Sheriff’s Department encourages people to keep an eye out for him in and around local campgrounds this weekend.

Police aim to ‘recreate a complete picture’ in case of missing boy​

The search continues for 5-year-old Michael Joseph Vaughan, of Fruitland, who was last seen near his home on Southwest Ninth Street at about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday evening. Police are still urging vigilance from the community and asking property owners to thoroughly search their property — outbuildings, vehicles, irrigation ditches and any place a small child might hide or become stuck — as well as video footage for any sign of a small child in the area.

In a phone interview this morning, Huff said they would not be conducting another sanctioned search with the community today, adding that if they needed help in that area, they would definitely let people know.

“We still have K-9 units in the area and aerial units out there in the primary search area,” he said, adding that he was confident the city of Fruitland had been thoroughly searched.

Regional law enforcement agencies, including Idaho State Police, have been assisting Fruitland Police Department in the search, too. On Thursday the FBI also got involved.

Currently, police are seeking to “recreate a complete picture of the time and area Michael was last seen. As such, they are asking for the public to help identify people who were “in the area of SW 8th St., SW 9th St. and Cornwall Way from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. on July 27.”

Individuals who were, or who know of someone who was, are urged to contact police.

Sorry ... but what the heck.... that should have been done from the get go..... including identify people, cars and such in the area....

I wonder how the FBI got involved..... thank God though....

not a good feeling about this,,,,,

Micci

Search for missing Fruitland boy stretches into day 4; Local, national resources join search​

Resources from around the Treasure Valley, the state and the nation have joined in search efforts to help locate five-year-old Michael Vaughan, a Fruitland boy who went missing on Tuesday night.

Fruitland Police is the lead agency involved in this case and have been assisted by several neighboring agencies, including Idaho Mountain Search and Rescue Unit (IMSARU), the Idaho Army National Guard and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC).

IMSARU was able to use K9 teams, search teams, trackers, drone resources, and bicycle teams. There have been 23 IMSARU members who have responded to the callout so far.

As of Wednesday afternoon, IMSARU was released from the case.

The Idaho Army National Guard has also been released from the search by Fruitland Police.

NCMEC told KTVB that Team Adam, a resource provided to local law enforcement in cases like this, is on location in Fruitland. Team Adam helps aid in search efforts and spread the word about children's disappearances.

NCMEC was not able to go into detail about their assistance in Fruitland, but in general, Team Adam is made up of retired law enforcement professionals. They are sent to sites where cases are unfolding to provide ground technical assistance and other national resources. They also bring equipment and more resources for each case.

Editor's Note: Fruitland Police Chief J.D. Huff will hold a news conference at Fruitland City Hall at 2 p.m. on Saturday. He will update the community on the latest efforts to locate Michael.

Sorry ... but what the heck.... that should have been done from the get go..... including identify people, cars and such in the area....

I wonder how the FBI got involved..... thank God though....

not a good feeling about this,,,,,

Micci
Our sheriffs department has told me that they get the FBI involved sometimes when they need resources that they don’t have within their own small department.

I do find it strange that Search & Rescue, National Guard search teams, & volunteer searchers were released by FPD after one day. "We've covered it" doesn't seem like a good enough reason when a 5-year-old is missing. Searches miss people all the time. Why not re-cover it. You have teams available. It's been 3 days.

Anticipating any updates in this afternoon's press conference.

Continuing to search for missing and endangered Michael aka MJ
Methodical search included irrigation ditches that were drained, K9s, aerial, marine land support, boats searching the river
Continuing to organize S&R with other agencies help
Continuing to seek assistance to identify individuals in that area when Michael disappeared, search your own property, review security footage
Vigorously following up on every lead - tips are being followed up on. We are committed to finding Michael and not leaving any stone unturned. Using every resource and it's very intense.
Only report info from credible sources to LE. Speculation causes rumors. We need factual information.
Michael's family is 100% cooperative with the investigation. Respect their privacy. (They are present at this presser standing next to Chief of Police.)

*I can't hear the questions very well....just relating the answers*

-We appreciate the public wanting to help (search, I presume). Public should search their residences. We have trained professional search teams with certified search K9s. We ask the public to stay out of those areas so we can search with certified search teams. Civilian help often misses things. We don't want to miss a thing. We may recruit the public's help down the road if it's needed.
-(I think the question was what leads have you gotten?) I can't weigh in on ongoing investigation.
-(K9s brought in from out of state as well?) Yes. At least 10 separate K9 teams from 3 organizations from coast to coast.
-Outside agencies bringing everything to case that I can't. Manpower, resources. We're a small city with 12 officers. Brining experienced, qualified people into this investigation is incredible.
-We have drones searching, FLARE (infrared)
-(Any indication of direction of travel?) Last seen on SW 9th. Still trying to pin it down but we don't have that. Everything is on the table.

Mom wants to thank the community. Pleads to call with any info.
Dad says anything helps. Anything.

"I just want to thank you community and all of the agencies that have been continuously tirelessly looking for him. Anybody that has any information, please contact Fruitland PD. We just want our monkey home. We just miss our baby and want him home," Brandi Neal, Michael's mother, said.

Michael's father, Tyler Vaughan added, "Anything helps. Anything."

I am following the FB page also and there is basically nothing new…

what surprises me is that the K9’s were not successful at all…
Nope. Just confirmation that neighbors were the last to see him outside his home.
TEN separate K9 groups even...
I'm really hoping that LE knows more than they're putting out there. Was hoping to hear a bit of it during the presser, but nothing new there either.
Abduction is sounding more and more likely. IMO.

Here is the latest news update they are now asking the public to stay out of the area they are searching and let the professionals take over. Also, there is a more focused time frame that LE is wanting residents or people that were in the area to give them information about that window of time is from 6:30 to 7:15 pm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back