CA MAYA "MAY" MILLETE: Missing from Chula Vista, CA - 7 Jan 2021 - Age 39 *ARREST*

1611514556445.png 1611514579918.png 1611514599167.png

Maya “May” Millete, 39, was last seen Thursday evening in her Chula Vista home near the San Miguel Ranch area, according to her loved ones. Family and friends said her car is still at her home and her phone has been going to voicemail since her disappearance.

Hospitals, jails and morgues have been contacted by the woman’s kin, but they said she has not been found at any of those locations.

Maya and Larry Millete are high school sweethearts married for 21 years with three children — ages 4, 9, and 11.

Maya has been missing from her Chula Vista home since last week. Millete says they had argued the night before.

"We had problems this year, up and downs," Millete told ABC 10News.

He said his wife has left before for the night to blow off steam, but he became worried when she didn't show up for their daughter's birthday on Sunday.

"If she didn't have her car, a friend would have to pick her up. That's the only reason I was like, 'maybe she's wine tasting or hiking with a friend,'" says Millete.

Maya works as a defense contractor at Naval Base San Diego and didn't show up for work on Monday.

"I called her boss, she didn't even log in. And that's the other alarming part, because work for her is like a party ... that's her outlet," Millete says.

Millete says he will continue to search, anxiously waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
“I immediately noticed the windows all open, the fans on full blast. It was chilly in the house,” Little said. “I was mostly, at that point, seeing if I could smell anything, smell any bleach, or smell the smell of a dead body. And, of course, there was absolutely no smell.”

The mother of three reportedly had argued with her husband on Thursday, January 7. She spoke with friends in a video call around 5:30 p.m. and that was the last time anyone has heard from her.
“When I went to the bedroom, I immediately noticed a hole – probably 10 inches long by about 6 to 8 inches tall – rectangular shaped; that had been freshly repaired. It was right by the handle. There was a lock on the inside of the door,” recalled Little.

“Let’s say the door is locked and you wanted to break in the door or get through the door. You could punch through that hole, reach through the other side, and unlock the door from the other side,” he said.

Inside the garage, Little said he discovered a freezer was missing.
Oh no.....

A member of Maya's family, who wishes to remain anonymous, told Fox News exclusively about a disturbing statement she dropped on her loved ones during that vacation, warning, "If anything happened to me, it would be Larry."
You know what? If I ever have a need to say something like that to somebody, I need a bodyguard. So do you. We hear this over and over and over and over again.

“I immediately noticed the windows all open, the fans on full blast. It was chilly in the house,” Little said. “I was mostly, at that point, seeing if I could smell anything, smell any bleach, or smell the smell of a dead body. And, of course, there was absolutely no smell.”

The mother of three reportedly had argued with her husband on Thursday, January 7. She spoke with friends in a video call around 5:30 p.m. and that was the last time anyone has heard from her.
“When I went to the bedroom, I immediately noticed a hole – probably 10 inches long by about 6 to 8 inches tall – rectangular shaped; that had been freshly repaired. It was right by the handle. There was a lock on the inside of the door,” recalled Little.

“Let’s say the door is locked and you wanted to break in the door or get through the door. You could punch through that hole, reach through the other side, and unlock the door from the other side,” he said.

Inside the garage, Little said he discovered a freezer was missing.

With this amount of circumstantial evidence how is this case stalled and we haven't heard anything from LE ? This case makes me so sad for Maya's family especially her kids.....they're young but old enough that they are probably going to hear all sorts of rumors about what's going on and may never see their Mom again.

With this amount of circumstantial evidence how is this case stalled and we haven't heard anything from LE ? This case makes me so sad for Maya's family especially her kids.....they're young but old enough that they are probably going to hear all sorts of rumors about what's going on and may never see their Mom again.
Reminds me a BIT of the Suzanne Morphew case... Rumors of foul smells / bleach smells. Rumors of marital problems.
Though this case seems to have even MORE circumstantial evidence. And still nothing. :(

Morphew comes to mind for me too, it reminds me a lot of Morphew. Most of what we know comes from others and not LE and it is quite similar that way. There seems to be tons of reason to suspect the husband in both and neither their accounts nor their actions seem to line up nor be appropriate. Morphew is a year old in a month and there seems to be no movement, no information has ever been provided or confirmed or denied by LE and from outward appearances it looks as if it stalled and they are doing nothing. Neither body has been found. In Morphew LE apparently had enough to go back I think it was three times to search the residence with warrants. In this one, an attorney noted much in walking through the residence so we know LE must have as well.

It is difficult to understand why they are not hard after and interrogating these spouses and/or arresting them for something. I can see letting it go to see if the spouse in the beginning screws up, maybe goes back to a scene, a wait and see as to what they do--in Morphew, he was immediately going after control and assets and both disposing of assets and buying others. In Morphew, imo, the time is long past if they are just waiting for a slip up. It is time to play hard ball. Heck it is well past time to play hard ball. All jmo though.

I was watching an old disappeared episode the other night and they had a law-enforcement person on there in regards to a missing persons case and they made it sound like everybody knew who did it but the law-enforcement person said they couldn’t prosecute because they didn’t have a body. I think some jurisdictions just believe that they can’t do anything unless they have a body.

The more cases where someone is successfully found guilty without a body helps society as a whole.

Surveillance video records 6 loud bangs on night Maya Millete went missing​

Video from the neighborhood where the mother of three lived captured what sounded like gunshots around 10 p.m. on January 7.

CHULA VISTA, Calif. — Surveillance video from the Chula Vista neighborhood where a missing mother of three lived, captured what sounded like six gunshots on the night Maya Millete went missing.
News 8 obtained an audio recording of the loud bangs, which already has been turned over to Chula Vista Police.
The six bangs can be heard on the recording over a period of 20 seconds.

First, a cluster of five bangs can be heard, then a dog starts barking in the neighborhood. Then, there is a 10-second gap, followed by a final bang.

The neighbor who provided News 8 the recording wanted to remain anonymous and did not want the video portion aired on TV because it identifies their house.
It was recorded around 10 p.m. on Thursday, January 7, the same night Maya went missing and the same night her husband, Larry Millete, reportedly had an argument with his wife.
News 8 caught up Thursday afternoon with Larry Millete's father, Benito, walking to the park with two of his grandchildren.
Investigative producer David Gotfredson asked him about all the speculation swirling around the missing person case.
“The speculation is Maya, she go by herself, OK? Just like the first statement, right?” the grandfather said.
News 8 also asked Benito Millete about the ongoing search for Maya.
“The family of Maya is looking for a dead body. We're still waiting,” he said.

READ MORE ......................

Surveillance video records 6 loud bangs on night Maya Millete went missing​

Video from the neighborhood where the mother of three lived captured what sounded like gunshots around 10 p.m. on January 7.

CHULA VISTA, Calif. — Surveillance video from the Chula Vista neighborhood where a missing mother of three lived, captured what sounded like six gunshots on the night Maya Millete went missing.
News 8 obtained an audio recording of the loud bangs, which already has been turned over to Chula Vista Police.
The six bangs can be heard on the recording over a period of 20 seconds.

First, a cluster of five bangs can be heard, then a dog starts barking in the neighborhood. Then, there is a 10-second gap, followed by a final bang.

The neighbor who provided News 8 the recording wanted to remain anonymous and did not want the video portion aired on TV because it identifies their house.
It was recorded around 10 p.m. on Thursday, January 7, the same night Maya went missing and the same night her husband, Larry Millete, reportedly had an argument with his wife.
News 8 caught up Thursday afternoon with Larry Millete's father, Benito, walking to the park with two of his grandchildren.
Investigative producer David Gotfredson asked him about all the speculation swirling around the missing person case.
“The speculation is Maya, she go by herself, OK? Just like the first statement, right?” the grandfather said.
News 8 also asked Benito Millete about the ongoing search for Maya.
“The family of Maya is looking for a dead body. We're still waiting,” he said.

READ MORE ......................

Oh this is chilling, even though I think we know the ultimate outcome on this case.

I was watching an old disappeared episode the other night and they had a law-enforcement person on there in regards to a missing persons case and they made it sound like everybody knew who did it but the law-enforcement person said they couldn’t prosecute because they didn’t have a body. I think some jurisdictions just believe that they can’t do anything unless they have a body.

The more cases where someone is successfully found guilty without a body helps society as a whole.
I agree. I am sure DAs who are elected may play in at times where they hope and want a body to keep their record high for convictions and tell investigators they can't bring the case until they have more evidence? I also think there just are many that still think more the old school way that no body means no conviction or a less likely one. I think as well some may use it as an excuse. They wait around for a body to turn up but in my opinion when it gets to be too long, and certainly too many years, maybe it is time to go with what you have if you have a good circumstantial case. Or even perhaps a lower charge if that is more likely to get a conviction. These people are on the street and free...

Dr Phil is covering Maya's case on Monday, hopefully it will help so the truth comes out.
I don't get to watch him any longer. If someone could share after seeing it, that would be great. Maybe it will be available after, not sure on CBS.

I wonder if the husband agreed to go on Dr. Phil.... I am guessing not.

Missing California mother Maya Millete sought advice about divorce attorneys on day she went missing

Maya Millete, a California mother of three who has been missing for three months, sought out advice on divorce attorneys in a Facebook group for mothers in her area on Jan. 7, the same day she went missing from her home in Chula Vista.

"Asking for a friend - Has anyone used or have gone through the services of collaborative practice San Diego for divorce? Looking for insights? Positive/negative aspect?" she wrote to other moms shortly after noon, just hours before she was last seen.

A moderator of the group told Fox News that Maya likely said she was asking on behalf of a friend "as a desperate attempt to remain anonymous."

Later in the day, Maya made an appointment with a divorce lawyer, Marisa Nahale, for the following week.

MISSING CALIFORNIA MOTHER'S BROTHER-IN-LAW: I'VE 'LOST ALL FAITH' IN THE CHULA VISTA PD, BUT 'WE WILL NOT GIVE UP'

Maricris Drouaillet, Maya's older sister, said Maya had been considering a divorce throughout 2020.

"It's been a build-up over the year," she told Fox News on Friday. "I think she was ready in December, and then she finally decided to file that divorce that day."

Maya Millete was last seen by her family at her home around 5 p.m., according to the Chula Vista Police Department.

Larry Millete, Maya's husband, got into an argument with his wife on that day, which was the last time he saw her, he told San Diego's KGTV-TV.

"We had problems this year, up and downs," he told the news outlet.

About five hours after Maya was last seen, six loud bangs that sound like gunshots could be heard on a neighbor's surveillance system around 10 p.m., KFMB-TV reported this week.

CALIFORNIA MISSING MOTHER TOLD FAMILY IT WAS HUSBAND IF 'ANYTHING' HAPPENS

Drouaillet told TV host Nancy Grace that the next day, Jan. 8, Larry, Maya, and the kids all had their phones off, which the family thought was odd because Maya is "always online."

"That was very unusual for them to not be online at all," Drouaillet said.

Larry Millete told police he took his son to the beach from 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m on Jan. 8, Drouaillet told KFMB.

The next day, Jan. 9, Maya's parents came to the house and Larry unlocked the door to the bedroom that the family thought Maya was in, but she wasn't there. They then reported her missing and the Chula Vista Police Department opened a missing persons case in the early hours of Jan. 10.

Now, three months later, the Chula Vista Police Department said it is still "conducting searches, follow-ups and following every tip or lead received," but has no evidence of a crime and has not named any suspects or persons of interest.

Fox News exclusively reported earlier this week that Maya's family members claim she warned them in the weeks leading up to her disappearance, "If anything happens to me, it would be Larry."

Now, three months later, the Chula Vista Police Department said it is still "conducting searches, follow-ups and following every tip or lead received," but has no evidence of a crime and has not named any suspects or persons of interest. Fox News exclusively reported earlier this week that Maya's family members claim she warned them in the weeks leading up to her disappearance, "If anything happens to me, it would be Larry."

This story keeps getting worse and worse. Now she'd made inquiries in an open forum about a divorce attorney just hours before she disappeared, then made the appointment for the next week just hours before she disappeared as well and then the loud noises, ie possible gun shots were heard within 5 hours. OMG. :(

This story is local to me :(. When she first disappeared I thought she may have injured herself on a local trail by her house. (People here hike all the time and many mom's hike alone while their kids are in school or busy with their thing.) OF course we didn't know the whole story yet. My dil belongs to a group in her neighborhood group that Maya has bought and sold things within the neighborhood. Wonder if it's the same group that she inquired about the attorney? I haven't had a chance to ask her.

Of course I don't have expectations of this story having a happy ending.

:(
JMHO
fran

Family of missing Chula Vista mother appears on 'Dr. Phil'​

The sister and brother-in-law of a missing Chula Vista mother appeared on the "Dr. Phil" show Monday to talk about the case.

National exposure in the disappearance of Maya Millete, 39, is leading to more details coming out about the investigation.

“It angers me because it's not May. She wouldn't leave her family. She wouldn't just get up and go without notifying somebody that she's going to go somewhere. Somebody did this to her. Somebody did this to May. Somebody made her disappear,” said Maya’s brother-in-law, Richard Drouaillet during the TV program.

Larry Millete was invited to appear on "Dr. Phil" but he declined. He has not been named a person of interest or a suspect in the disappearance of his wife.

Over the weekend, there were social media posts about a search warrant being served at the San Diego home of a relative of Larry Millete.

Chula Vista police would not confirm those reports.

"I can confirm no search warrant was served this weekend on the Millete residence," said CVPD Lt. Dan Peak in an email to News 8.

Search warrant served at home of Larry Millete’s aunt and uncle

Neighbors said officers seized long rifles and boxes of evidence from Encanto house.

SAN DIEGO — There are new developments in the case of Maya Millete, the Chula Vista mother of three who has been missing for more than three months.

News 8 has learned investigators seized guns and other evidence this month from the home of Maya’s husband’s aunt and uncle.
The Encanto home in the 7100 block of Viewcrest Drive is within San Diego city limits.

On April 1, Chula Vista Police showed up to serve a search warrant, seizing about a half dozen long rifles and boxes of evidence, according to neighbors who recorded video of the police activity.

The video showed both marked and unmarked police vehicles parked in the street and investigators putting evidence into a van. Neighbors said officers were on scene for a couple of hours in the middle of the day.

Property records showed the house is owned by Ricky Lincoln, 66, better known as Uncle Ricky to Larry Millete, the husband of the missing mother. Millete’s aunt, Kathy Lincoln, also lives in the house, according to Billy Little, an attorney working with Maya’s family.

Chula Vista Police confirmed on Wednesday that officers served a search warrant on April 1 at the house, but the agency did not release any details about evidence taken or how it relates to its investigation.

Ricky and Kathy Lincoln did not respond to News 8 messages seeking comment. They have not been named by CVPD as suspects in the case. No one has been arrested.

Investigators have said they are reviewing surveillance video from the Chula Vista neighborhood near Paseo Los Gatos where Larry and Maya Millete lived with their three children, ages 4, 9, and 11.

At 10 p.m. on January 7, one neighbor’s surveillance camera recorded six loud bangs, which sounded like gunfire. It was the same night Millete, 39, went missing. The video was turned over to police three months ago.

Detectives also are trying to identify a vehicle seen on surveillance driving through the neighborhood in the early-morning hours of January 8, Little told News 8.

Maya’s family will be searching this coming weekend in the Anza Borrego desert. The family is urging volunteers with off-road vehicles to join them on Saturday and Sunday.

Additionally, on Sunday, April 18 at 7 a.m., a Facebook group called Maya Millete’s Search Warriors are meeting up along Proctor Valley Road for an organized search effort.

Related Articles​

I don't know why our local station is repeating these headlines or information, perhaps it's to keep interest in this tragic case active.
fran

January 14 about his missing wife

Telephone interview recorded one week after Maya Millete went missing.

SAN DIEGO — On the evening of January 14, 2021, family and friends of Maya Millete gathered for a vigil at Mount San Miguel Park, near the home of the missing Chula Vista mother.

Millete, 39, had been missing exactly one week. The community showed up to offer support. The missing woman’s sister and brother-in-law, Maricris and Richard Drouaillet, also attended the candlelight event.

Larry Millete was a no-show. He dropped off his oldest daughter.
CBS News 8 reporter Abbie Alford was covering the vigil for the 10 p.m. and 11 p.m. newscasts. She wanted to interview the husband, who was nowhere to be found.

So, Alford called Larry Millete on his cell phone. It took some convincing. He almost did not talk. Finally, he agreed to a brief interview.
Alford recorded it on her cell phone in the back of her car in the parking lot near the vigil.

“What do you love about Maya?” Alford asked the husband.

“Oh, I love everything about her. She's very smart, kind. Basically, just her, herself, her personality. Just everything,” Larry Millete responded.
“How are your kids taking this?” asked Alford.

“That’s my main focus. That's why I am very thankful for my sister-in-law, Maricris, because she's handling all this media attention. She’s actually doing everything that I should be doing, you know, out there. But at the same time, I'm just making sure, you know, it's as normal, like a normal day for them,” said the husband.

“I try to minimize the impact that it has on them but, although even though I'm trying to that, I notice they know what's going on,” said Millete during Alford’s eight-minute conversation.

The veteran reporter had heard Millete did not attend the vigil for privacy reasons, but she wanted to confirm that info.
“You just didn’t come, what, for privacy reasons?” asked Alford.

“Yes ma’am,” Larry replied. “I’m not that person to, basically, go out there.”

On deadline for the evening news, Alford picked out the best sound bites and aired her two reports from the vigil at the park. She included an in-person interview with Maya’s sister, Maricris.

Family of missing Chula Vista mother appears on 'Dr. Phil'​

The sister and brother-in-law of a missing Chula Vista mother appeared on the "Dr. Phil" show Monday to talk about the case.

National exposure in the disappearance of Maya Millete, 39, is leading to more details coming out about the investigation.

“It angers me because it's not May. She wouldn't leave her family. She wouldn't just get up and go without notifying somebody that she's going to go somewhere. Somebody did this to her. Somebody did this to May. Somebody made her disappear,” said Maya’s brother-in-law, Richard Drouaillet during the TV program.

Larry Millete was invited to appear on "Dr. Phil" but he declined. He has not been named a person of interest or a suspect in the disappearance of his wife.

Over the weekend, there were social media posts about a search warrant being served at the San Diego home of a relative of Larry Millete.

Chula Vista police would not confirm those reports.

"I can confirm no search warrant was served this weekend on the Millete residence," said CVPD Lt. Dan Peak in an email to News 8.
Interesting phrasing, no warrant at the Milete residence. Was the relative a Milette? Of course a rumor on social media could be totally false.

Not surprised the hub did not agree to be on Dr. Phil.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back