CA MAYA "MAY" MILLETE: Missing from Chula Vista, CA - 7 Jan 2021 - Age 39

1611514556445.png 1611514579918.png 1611514599167.png

Maya “May” Millete, 39, was last seen Thursday evening in her Chula Vista home near the San Miguel Ranch area, according to her loved ones. Family and friends said her car is still at her home and her phone has been going to voicemail since her disappearance.

Hospitals, jails and morgues have been contacted by the woman’s kin, but they said she has not been found at any of those locations.

Maya and Larry Millete are high school sweethearts married for 21 years with three children — ages 4, 9, and 11.

Maya has been missing from her Chula Vista home since last week. Millete says they had argued the night before.

"We had problems this year, up and downs," Millete told ABC 10News.

He said his wife has left before for the night to blow off steam, but he became worried when she didn't show up for their daughter's birthday on Sunday.

"If she didn't have her car, a friend would have to pick her up. That's the only reason I was like, 'maybe she's wine tasting or hiking with a friend,'" says Millete.

Maya works as a defense contractor at Naval Base San Diego and didn't show up for work on Monday.

"I called her boss, she didn't even log in. And that's the other alarming part, because work for her is like a party ... that's her outlet," Millete says.

Millete says he will continue to search, anxiously waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:

GrandmaBear

Deputized Emu Slayer/Horse Thief Hunter
Those definitely sound like gun shots. There was a fair pause between some of them, the last ones for sure. Not long but still a pause. It certainly fits but why would you shoot someone that many times or need to? One would think if in their home and those shots hit her, there would certainly be blood evidence found...

And were their kids at home? I mean the kids would have had to hear or have been awakened to gun shots in the home...

GrandmaBear

I have wondered if the kids would not be talked to, at least the oldest, of course in the right way, with a child psychologist or however is appropriate at that age.

However, if he is a fit father and since he is not named a suspect, I imagine they are in his custody entirely, and they are minors, I doubt LE can have access to them if he as the parent forbids it.

kdg411

Administrator
Staff member
I have wondered if the kids would not be talked to, at least the oldest, of course in the right way, with a child psychologist or however is appropriate at that age.

However, if he is a fit father and since he is not named a suspect, I imagine they are in his custody entirely, and they are minors, I doubt LE can have access to them if he as the parent forbids it.
This case has similarities of the Susan Cox case & I hope these childrens safety is being highly prioritized by law enforcement. Hopefully, there is more of an investigation being done that what we are privy to.

GrandmaBear

This case has similarities of the Susan Cox case & I hope these childrens safety is being highly prioritized by law enforcement. Hopefully, there is more of an investigation being done that what we are privy to.
I hope so too. Maybe it would help if he was named a POI or a suspect but that seems to be not happening in most cases these days for some reason. There was a hint once, the family was vocal or planning a search, and LE said something to the effect of they are working on something or have something and did not want it affected... Or some such. It was some time ago. It gives me hope they do have a lot but perhaps are just still putting things together and awaiting results. And of course, I am sure they would prefer to have a body...

GrandmaBear

kdg411

Administrator
Staff member
NCIS I have not seen often in cases. Happy to hear they are taking advantage of help/other resources.

Me either! I wonder how they got them involved in this case and why?
Maya is/was a civilian Naval contractor so the Navy Criminal Investigative Service is involved due to her clearance level on the base. SOP, imo. They need to rule out that her being missing is/isn't associated with her employment.

GrandmaBear

Maya is/was a civilian Naval contractor so the Navy Criminal Investigative Service is involved due to her clearance level on the base. SOP, imo. They need to rule out that her being missing is/isn't associated with her employment.
Interesting. Thanks for the info, that makes sense.

Carbuff

I was watching an old disappeared episode the other night and they had a law-enforcement person on there in regards to a missing persons case and they made it sound like everybody knew who did it but the law-enforcement person said they couldn’t prosecute because they didn’t have a body. I think some jurisdictions just believe that they can’t do anything unless they have a body.

The more cases where someone is successfully found guilty without a body helps society as a whole.

They don't have to have a body, but in most cases they do have to have some kind of definite indication of death. Just a bunch of suspicious circumstances by itself isn't usually enough. They'd need to eliminate all the other possibilities, like her leaving on her own and then getting into trouble elsewhere, and that takes time. LE in this case hasn't said much, but the warrants and actions all point to them trying to gather the evidence they need to make the case. It's just not going to happen as fast as we'd like.

Kimster

Let's Find Michael Bryson!
Staff member
They don't have to have a body, but in most cases they do have to have some kind of definite indication of death. Just a bunch of suspicious circumstances by itself isn't usually enough. They'd need to eliminate all the other possibilities, like her leaving on her own and then getting into trouble elsewhere, and that takes time. LE in this case hasn't said much, but the warrants and actions all point to them trying to gather the evidence they need to make the case. It's just not going to happen as fast as we'd like.
You're right! They need to get it right, no matter what happens. Usually my main concern is keeping the public safe, but I don't think that's probably a huge worry in this case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
God1st