CA MAYA "MAY" MILLETE: Missing from Chula Vista, CA - 7 Jan 2021 - Age 39 *ARREST*

1611514556445.png 1611514579918.png 1611514599167.png

Maya “May” Millete, 39, was last seen Thursday evening in her Chula Vista home near the San Miguel Ranch area, according to her loved ones. Family and friends said her car is still at her home and her phone has been going to voicemail since her disappearance.

Hospitals, jails and morgues have been contacted by the woman’s kin, but they said she has not been found at any of those locations.

Maya and Larry Millete are high school sweethearts married for 21 years with three children — ages 4, 9, and 11.

Maya has been missing from her Chula Vista home since last week. Millete says they had argued the night before.

"We had problems this year, up and downs," Millete told ABC 10News.

He said his wife has left before for the night to blow off steam, but he became worried when she didn't show up for their daughter's birthday on Sunday.

"If she didn't have her car, a friend would have to pick her up. That's the only reason I was like, 'maybe she's wine tasting or hiking with a friend,'" says Millete.

Maya works as a defense contractor at Naval Base San Diego and didn't show up for work on Monday.

"I called her boss, she didn't even log in. And that's the other alarming part, because work for her is like a party ... that's her outlet," Millete says.

Millete says he will continue to search, anxiously waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now he wants to control the minds of his kids!!!!

I love the judge’s comment. Glad he stood his ground.
I love the comment too.

He's been controlling them for a long time until they put a stop to contact and it shouldn't have taken what it did. I don't like how they make it sound in the article as if his parents were forced by him to put his kids on the phone. HOW SO? A man in jail can't FORCE someone on the phone to do anything.

His parents should NOT have these children, and never should have. The Milletes should and I don't like this remark of them being "forced". If Larry can force his parents to do things then that's even more proof these children should not be in the hands of grandparents who also disobey court orders, etc. and make bad decisions.

I love the comment too.

He's been controlling them for a long time until they put a stop to contact and it shouldn't have taken what it did. I don't like how they make it sound in the article as if his parents were forced by him to put his kids on the phone. HOW SO? A man in jail can't FORCE someone on the phone to do anything.

His parents should NOT have these children, and never should have. The Milletes should and I don't like this remark of them being "forced". If Larry can force his parents to do things then that's even more proof these children should not be in the hands of grandparents who also disobey court orders, etc. and make bad decisions.
It’s quite telling that they said he forced his parents to do something over the phone. Sounds like he’s been dominating his parents for a very, very, very long time.

It’s quite telling that they said he forced his parents to do something over the phone. Sounds like he’s been dominating his parents for a very, very, very long time.
Yep. And it also means they aren't strong enough wise grandparents fit to rise MAYA'S children letting her killer talk to them for hours and tell them to watch a show of how bad it is in prison and will be or is for dad, etc.

I can't recall if it was fact or rumor but his father was said to be involved or to have helped with things after the fact, I think relating to all the guns or some of them or some such. I just can't recall.

They are all bad news imo.

Larry Millete murder trial could see another delay​

The trial for the Chula Vista man accused of murdering his wife, May “Maya” Millete, could be delayed again after multiple months-long delays last year over issues funding his defense.

During a hearing on Thursday, the attorneys for the 42-year-old Larry Millete, who were appointed to his case by a judge in October, said they would not be prepared for the August trial date as they are currently engaged in trial for another case and do not know exactly when it will end.

The judge presiding over the case, Enrique Camarena Jr., appeared to be annoyed by the hold up before setting a final hearing on April 2 to schedule when the trial will begin.

“We have to pick a date, soon. We put it out eight months at the last continuance and so we need to know,” Camarena said. “If we don’t get a date that we can realistically try this case, I’m just going to pick one and then we’ll go from there.”

While Thursday’s hearing was intended to provide an update on trial readiness, prosecutors also used the time to ask the court to reaffirm the protective order placed on Millete that prevents him from making any calls from jail to people other than his attorney.

However, deputy district attorney Christy Bowles said that between Feb. 2 and Feb. 27 Millete had made 11 video calls through the San Diego County Sheriff’s video visit system to people other than his attorneys — something she said was a clear violation of the court order.

“At that hearing, the court was in very clear, no uncertain terms with the defendant present stated those visits — the video visits — were prohibited,” Bowles said, adding that the calls were hard to monitor for possible contact with his children since they operate like a FaceTime.

“For whatever reason, he was given the opportunity to conduct these video visits and he took advantage of that opportunity,” she continued. Bowles also said she would be also be speaking with jail personnel about the issue later Thursday.

Millete’s defense attorney Colby Ryan pushed back, saying the violations were “not necessarily Mr. Millete’s fault” and had more to do with the sheriff department’s recent switch to a new communication system.

“I don’t believe he had any intent to violate this court’s order, because he actually asked us and it was our understanding that this is how the jail is going to do it,” Ryan said. “Moving forward, we will make sure that Mr. Millete only does social visits and that the jail is made aware that he cannot do these video visits.”

The judge ultimately confirmed the restraining order blocking Millete from making jail calls applied to the video visits, although he disagreed with his defense attorney’s argument.

“The one that makes the decision on who gets the phone call and accepts the phone call is you,” Camarena said. He added that Millete’s multiple requests to modify the protective order to allow for more outside contact “did not help.”

“Maybe someone made a mistake, but it’s on you to make a decision whether or not to make that phone call or make that video visit and frankly I think the DA’s office could charge you, if they wanted to,” he continued. “We’re not there … but violating a restraining order is a violation of a court order, which is a new crime.”

When the trial may begin is unclear at this time, but prosecutors say testimony will likely take upwards of four to six weeks.

No need for my comment on another delay and NO TRIAL DATE YET IN THIS CASE. Sure my opinion is KNOWN.

Like he didn't intentionally violate his order and know exactly what he was doing as against it. The fact his children are still in his parents' hands is beyond okay. Parents violated all and let him I guess more so. Now this. And at the same time they asked for modification when he violated it repeatedly already.

DA should darn right charge him with this clear violation of a court order. Why not??

And it sounds like jail employees are cutting him slack and access they shouldn't be OR they need to be CLEAR on who can and can't make calls and to who and perhaps don't understand it themseles, duh.

Maya's family don't have Maya or her body, they don't have her children and have to watch this b.s. and they STILL do not even have a trial date! All while her children grow up in the wrong hands.

\Every single bit of this is sooooo wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back