MI MARGIE ANN RANSHAW: Missing from Barryton, MI - 17 May 1987 - Age 29

1586855202344.png

Margie was last seen leaving in her car to go get a gallon of milk. Her vehicle was found abandoned in Howell Michigan a few weeks later.

edited by staff to add media link

Last edited by a moderator:

1586855429151.png 1586855436011.png

Missing Since: 05/17/1987
Missing From: Barryton, Michigan
Classification: Endangered Missing
Sex: Female
Race: White
Height and Weight: 5'2 - 5'6, 130 - 140 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Ranshaw has a small scar near her eyebrow.

Details of Disappearance
Ranshaw was last seen in Barryton, Michigan on May 17, 1987. She left home to go get a gallon of milk and never returned. She has never been heard from again.

A few weeks after her disappearance, Ranshaw's vehicle was found abandoned at a hotel off Interstate 96 in Howell, Michigan. Few details are available in her case.

Investigating Agency
  • Mecosta County Sheriff's Office 231-592-0154

Margie Ann Ranshaw was last seen in Barryton, Michigan on May 17, 1987, she left in her car to go get a gallon of milk. A few weeks later her vehicle was found abandoned at a hotel off Interstate 96 in Howell, Michigan.

1586856236392.png

1586856268534.png

Barryton is a village in Mecosta County in the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 355 at the 2010 census. Wikipedia

View attachment 2887 View attachment 2888

Missing Since: 05/17/1987
Missing From: Barryton, Michigan
Classification: Endangered Missing
Sex: Female
Race: White
Height and Weight: 5'2 - 5'6, 130 - 140 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Ranshaw has a small scar near her eyebrow.

Details of Disappearance
Ranshaw was last seen in Barryton, Michigan on May 17, 1987. She left home to go get a gallon of milk and never returned. She has never been heard from again.

A few weeks after her disappearance, Ranshaw's vehicle was found abandoned at a hotel off Interstate 96 in Howell, Michigan. Few details are available in her case.

Investigating Agency
  • Mecosta County Sheriff's Office 231-592-0154
I've seen that first picture of her before. The 2nd one I hadn't.

“I just want people to know her name,” Copelin said on Friday.

She said recent breakthroughs in missing persons cases in Kent and Ottawa counties are giving her renewed hope for her mom’s case which quickly went cold.

“I don’t believe that she’s alive,” she said. “But I do believe that her body is out there somewhere, and I do believe that we deserve to know what happened to her, regardless if she’s dead or not.”

Her mom was 29 when she vanished. She’d be turning 64 this month.

In NAMUS, the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System, she’s listed as Missing Person Case No. 14788.

“She was sick. She had schizophrenia,” Copelin said of her mom. “She told my grandfather right before she left that the voices were telling her to leave, and my grandfather was telling her she had to fight through that and she had to ignore those voices.”

Her mom, she said, had dreams of living out west.

“She would often hitchhike and she would be gone for months at a time. She would always come back,” Copelin said.

This time, police found her car abandoned two weeks later two hours away at a hotel in Howell. Most of her family believes she was the victim of foul play.

The investigation by the Mecosta County Sheriff’s Department never turned up any answers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BennettT89
Back