NC MADALINA COJOCARI: Missing from Cornelius, NC - 23 Nov 2022 - Age 11 *Reported Dec 15 *GUILTY of failure to report*

Madalina-Cojocari.jpg
unnamed-225x300.jpg

11-year-old Cornelius girl missing since November, police say​

Police are looking for a child out of Cornelius who has been missing since the day before Thanksgiving.

According to the Cornelius Police Department, officers began investigating a missing person’s report involving a juvenile on Thursday.

The parents of the child, identified as 11-year-old Madalina Cojocari, reported her missing to the Bailey Middle School school resource officer, where she attends.

Police said the child was last seen at home on the evening of Nov. 23 and has not been seen since.

Cornelius police searching for missing 11-year-old girl​

The Cornelius Police Department is searching for an 11-year-old girl who has been reported missing.

Police said they began investigating after the parents of Madalina Cojocari reported her missing to a school research officer at Bailey Middle School on Dec. 15.

Cojocari was last seen at her home on the evening of Nov. 23, according to police.

Last edited by a moderator:

Published June 13, 2024 4:00am EDT
By Audrey Conklin

CHARLOTTE, N.C. – A North Carolina couple recently found guilty of failing to report their daughter missing in 2022 has gone back to their day-to-day lives in Cornelius, a lake town north of Charlotte.

Christopher Palmiter and Diana Cojocari were recently released following their sentencings in connection with the November 2022 disappearance of 11-year-old Madalina Cojocari, leaving locals feeling unnerved.

"It seems to me with everything we see online that everybody's bothered about it, but nobody's really saying or doing anything," a woman named Jennifer of Huntersville, a town directly south of Cornelius, told Fox News Digital. Jennifer frequently visits a friend in Cornelius who happens to live in the same neighborhood as Palmiter and Diana Cojocari.

<snip>

The Mecklenburg County judge sentenced Palmiter to serve a suspended 30-month supervised probation, FOX 8 reported. Palmiter's lawyer did not immediately respond to an inquiry from Fox News Digital.
So they are both free and staying right there yet divorcing and time has been served. I'd be disturbed as a local as well. Now for one why did the county Judge order a "suspended' sentence... I mean did he or she have to...

Talk of living in the same neighborhood so are time frames different here, they are divorcing but still together?

This child is NOT in Moldova, give me a break. That's ridiculous unless LE is totally inept. What did she do rent a canoe and then a donkey? There would be evidence. I guess she could have gotten someone else to take her and go.... Seems pretty far fetched to me, I mean how many flights, etc. of people going to Moldova are there or even a stop along the way...

This child is DEAD. Sadly. Imo.

Last edited:

For the first time, Diana Cojocari named as a suspect in daughter's disappearance​

Diana Cojocari, the mother of missing Cornelius girl Madalina Cojocari, has been formally named as a suspect in the young girl's 2022 disappearance.

In a social media post on Monday, the Cornelius Police Department referred to Cojocari for the first time publicly as a suspect. Never before in the year-and-a-half since the girl was last seen had a suspect been officially named in the case.

The Cornelius Police Department told WCNC Charlotte that while Diana Cojocari is a suspect, she is not currently wanted or facing new charges.

Mother of missing Madalina Cojocari reportedly leaves America: Moldovan media​

A Moldovan news website claims that Diana Cojocari, the mother of missing girl Madalina Cojocari, has left the United States.

According to the website UniMedia, they claim a Facebook post, which has since been taken down, showed Diana Cojocari on a plane, with her mother sitting behind her.

The screenshot of the post, translated from Romanian, indicated that she was en route from New York to Frankfurt, Germany, to Hungary, and that it had been nine years since she had last visited.

Cojocari faced the possibility of being deported as a result of her conviction. It is not clear if Cojocari had her passport returned to her, or if she had filed for a replacement passport.

So they LET her go in other words?! It would seem to me if the had the right to keep her passport, they'd have the right to stop her from getting a replacement.

Is this even fact? They refer to SM and a post now missing as the source. How'd they confirm the flight and her being on it?

Just wondering.

Heck I came back and figured I should read the link at least. HE77 they don't even have a picture of the claimed "screen shot" of the post. Why not? Not saying it isn't likely true but this doesn't seem like what I called a real "news" source then. At least not in this reporting.

Nothing confirming the flight or that she was on it, no screen shot, nothing at all.

Diana Cojocari, mother of missing Madalina, can’t be kept stateside: Police​

A former FBI Special Agent in Charge told Queen City News that there is not much authorities could do to keep Diana Cojocari in the United States.

That assertion came after the woman, the mother of missing girl Madalina Cojocari, who is considered a suspect in her daughter’s disappearance, reportedly left the country, for Eastern Europe.

“She’s free to come and go,” said Michael Tabman, who spent 24 years at the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Tabman said whatever pushback Cornelius Police may be getting now, given the reports, is largely unwarranted, given the circumstances.

Cojocari was released with no real restrictions back in May 2024, after pleading guilty to failure to file a report on the disappearance of a child. She was sentenced to time served for the 17 months she spent at the Mecklenburg County Detention Center.

She was named a suspect in Madalina Cojocari’s disappearance in June 2024, but police have not charged her.

Police, Tabman said, simply had no legal way to stop Diana Cojocari from leaving, and indicated that the case may be a tough one for law enforcement.

“This this particular case, the police department did not have one,” Tabman said. “And that’s why they did nothing more than naming her as a suspect.”

In a statement, Cornelius Police told Queen City News:

“The police department is aware of the posts that indicate Diana Cojocari may have left the country however we cannot confirm where exactly she went. None of her property was released and we are unable to prevent her from leaving the country. She does not currently have any active warrants for her arrest.”

So they've not returned the passport but have no power to keep her here, only to keep her property so I guess she got a new passport, IF true. They cannot confirm where she went or when and to me that says they have no warrant or right to track her, check flight records and so on. So they don't have sh*t if they can't even look at, into or confirm such. Seems that way anyhow. tHey made a big bold move to call her a suspect, big deal. Then suspect apparently leaves.

Of course it all could be b.s. and maybe they are going to see where she goes and what she does...

I doubt it somehow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phillip
Back
Top Bottom