CA LYDIA "DIA" ABRAMS: Missing from her Idyllwild, CA ranch - 6 June 2020 - Age 65

06-19-20-ANZA-Missing-woman-DSphotos-1.jpg

Local resident Lydia “Dia” Abrams has been missing since Sunday, June 7. She was last seen around 2 p.m. on June 6.

According to the Riverside Mountain Rescue Unit (RMRU), a team of volunteers were dispatched on June 9 to Abrams’ 160-acre ranch. They conducted a search from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. with no success of locating Abrams.

RMRU went out again on June 10 to search more difficult areas on the property including a creek bed and the hills overlooking her ranch. All assignments were completed by 6 p.m. At that point, detectives took over the investigation and called off the physical ground search.

According to a story written on June 19 by CDL Life News, a 49-year-old male was arrested on June 17 in Troutdale, Oregon on suspicion of kidnapping a woman from California. Allegedly, the woman escaped his tractor trailer, ending up at a convenience store and reported that she had been assaulted, held against her will and had been transported by the suspect from California, according to the CDL Life News story.

The Town Crier contacted the Riverside County Sheriff Department (RCSD) to see if this could be Abrams.

Deanna Pecoraro, correctional sergeant from the RCSD, quickly contacted the Riverside County Sheriff investigators on the case, and they reached out to the arresting department in Oregon.

“Per the investigator from Oregon, this female victim is NOT Dia Abrams.” Pecoraro wrote in an email.

As the investigation continues, Pecoraro wrote, “We would like to urge the community to contact law enforcement if they have any information or know the whereabouts of Dia Abrams.”

Abrams is 65 years old, 5 feet, 5 inches tall, 130 lbs with blonde hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a black/turquoise jack, yellow shirt and blue jeans.

If you have any information, contact Riverside County Sheriff Investigator Loureiro at 760-578-2101 or Investigator Vasquez at 951-203-3767. After hours, call the Riverside County Sheriff Dispatch Center at 951-776-1099, option 5.

Last edited:

Kimster

Let's Find Michael Bryson!
Staff member
SAN DIEGO — The self-proclaimed fiancé of a woman who went missing from her ranch near Idyllwild in June has filed a lawsuit, in which he claims to have power of attorney over the woman’s estate.

Keith Harper, 71, filed the civil complaint in San Juan County, New Mexico on December 9. It seeks $3,020 in damages – including court costs and interest – stemming from a $2,000 purchase of boots, made by Lydia “Dia” Abrams before she went missing.

Abrams, 65, a former La Jolla millionaire, went missing on June 6 from her 117-acre Bonita Vista Ranch in a remote area east of Mountain Center.

The lawsuit confirms earlier reporting by News 8 that Harper has taken over as trustee, claiming power of attorney to run the estate.

Property records revealed that Abrams transferred ownership of her ranch, along with two nearby properties, into the restated Dia Kenshalo Abrams Trust two weeks before she went missing.

The written trust agreement has not been made public.

Harper’s lawsuit seeks a refund from Boot Junky of Scottsdale, Arizona. Abrams was a frequent customer of boot outlet, according to the lawsuit.

“Ms. Abrams ordered boots from Boot Junky but never picked up her order,” the company wrote in a December 18 motion to dismiss the lawsuit.

“The transaction took place in Scottsdale, Arizona. At the time, Ms. Abrams lived in California. Ms. Abrams has since gone missing and has been missing since June 6, 2020,” the motion continued.

“Mr. Harper, the Plaintiff, has since tried to collect a refund from Boot Junky for the boots Ms. Abrams ordered. Mr. Harper was never a party to the boot transaction that took place in Arizona,” according to the court records.

The owner of Boot Junky, Greg Swan, argues in his response that the New Mexico court has no jurisdiction over the transaction.

“Indeed, no New Mexico court would have jurisdiction over a transaction that took place between two non-New Mexico residents in Scottsdale, Arizona,” the response states.

San Juan County Magistrate Judge Stacey Biel set a motion hearing to be held on February 15, 2021, at 8 a.m., according to court records. Keith Harper is representing himself in the legal action.

B. Tell Ward, the Farmington, New Mexico attorney representing Boot Junky, told News 8 in a telephone interview that Abrams' purchase consisted of several women's boots. The attorney said the lawsuit "has no jurisdiction in New Mexico" because Harper filed it in the wrong state.

Harper previously told News 8 he had lunch with Abrams at the ranch on the afternoon of Saturday, June 6; and last saw her around 2:30 p.m., when he went to mow the grass and do some ranch work.

Upon Harper's return from his ranch work around 7:30 that evening, he said, Abrams was gone. She had left her cell phone, purse and Ford truck behind.

The Riverside Sheriff’s Department is investigating Abrams’ disappearance as a missing persons case, and investigators suspect foul play, according to search warrants obtained in September by News 8.

Harper has not been named a suspect by law enforcement and he did not respond to a News 8 message seeking comment for this report. Previously, Harper has denied any involvement in Abrams’ disappearance.

Kimster

Staff member
I caught this case while watching a YouTube video about various missing persons cases in the area from last year. This is the one that stuck out to me, especially since her boyfriend seems very suspect, from the way people are writing about him.

GrandmaBear

Deputized Emu Slayer/Horse Thief Hunter
I think you mean 2020 not 2021 in the caption?

He definitely sounds suspect...

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member

Family of Idyllwild missing woman seeks removal of 'fiancé' as trustee​

The family of Lydia “Dia” Abrams – who went missing nine months ago from her ranch near Idyllwild – is asking a judge to remove the current trustees of her estate.

The probate petition in Riverside County Superior Court targets the man claiming to be Abrams’ fiancé, as well as another woman, who both have been managing the properties since the woman’s disappearance.

Her adult son and daughter, Clinton and Crisara Abrams, of San Diego are plaintiffs in the current court action.

The petition seeks the removal of the two trustees, Keith Harper and Diana Fedder.

“I feel saddened that the children are actually going to that extent,” Fedder said in a telephone interview with News 8.

Fedder said the missing woman did not want her adult children involved in her properties.

“She made me promise, as well as several other people, that the children would not be allowed in the home because the first thing that would happen if she was gone is, they would come in and take everything,” said Fedder.

Keith Harper is currently running the ranch on a daily basis, and he claims to be Abrams’ fiancé. Harper and Fedder have co-managed the ranch since Abrams went missing.

Kimster

Staff member

Family of Idyllwild missing woman seeks removal of 'fiancé' as trustee​

The family of Lydia “Dia” Abrams – who went missing nine months ago from her ranch near Idyllwild – is asking a judge to remove the current trustees of her estate.

The probate petition in Riverside County Superior Court targets the man claiming to be Abrams’ fiancé, as well as another woman, who both have been managing the properties since the woman’s disappearance.

Her adult son and daughter, Clinton and Crisara Abrams, of San Diego are plaintiffs in the current court action.

The petition seeks the removal of the two trustees, Keith Harper and Diana Fedder.

“I feel saddened that the children are actually going to that extent,” Fedder said in a telephone interview with News 8.

Fedder said the missing woman did not want her adult children involved in her properties.

“She made me promise, as well as several other people, that the children would not be allowed in the home because the first thing that would happen if she was gone is, they would come in and take everything,” said Fedder.

Keith Harper is currently running the ranch on a daily basis, and he claims to be Abrams’ fiancé. Harper and Fedder have co-managed the ranch since Abrams went missing.
What is Fedder's relationship with Harper all about? That's what I want to know!

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member

La Jolla son pleads for help on 1-year anniversary of mother going missing​

It has been one year since Lydia “Dia” Abrams, a former La Jolla resident, went missing from her multi-million-dollar ranch near Idyllwild.

Her son, Clinton Abrams, is speaking publicly about the case for the first time in hopes of finding his mother.

“I want people to know that she was the kindest, gentlest, soft-hearted person that you could imagine,” said Clinton Abrams, 31, during an interview at his home in La Jolla.

“I believe she was murdered and we need to find her for her soul to rest in peace,” Clinton Abrams said.

The son said he decided to speak out in the news media – after being warned against it by Riverside Sheriff – because he believes somebody has information on where his mother’s remains may be found.

“My main thing is I want to find my mother. It's way less about what happens to Keith Harper, way less about what happens to the ranch, that's all material nonsense,” Clinton said. “If somebody knows something and they're not speaking up, we need them to find the courage in their hearts to do so right now, please.”

Keith Harper continues to live on Abrams’ ranch near Idyllwild, according to neighbors. He did not respond to a message from News 8 seeking comment for this report.

Kimster

Staff member

La Jolla son pleads for help on 1-year anniversary of mother going missing​

It has been one year since Lydia “Dia” Abrams, a former La Jolla resident, went missing from her multi-million-dollar ranch near Idyllwild.

Her son, Clinton Abrams, is speaking publicly about the case for the first time in hopes of finding his mother.

“I want people to know that she was the kindest, gentlest, soft-hearted person that you could imagine,” said Clinton Abrams, 31, during an interview at his home in La Jolla.

“I believe she was murdered and we need to find her for her soul to rest in peace,” Clinton Abrams said.

The son said he decided to speak out in the news media – after being warned against it by Riverside Sheriff – because he believes somebody has information on where his mother’s remains may be found.

“My main thing is I want to find my mother. It's way less about what happens to Keith Harper, way less about what happens to the ranch, that's all material nonsense,” Clinton said. “If somebody knows something and they're not speaking up, we need them to find the courage in their hearts to do so right now, please.”

Keith Harper continues to live on Abrams’ ranch near Idyllwild, according to neighbors. He did not respond to a message from News 8 seeking comment for this report.
I sure hope they find her! My heart goes out to her son.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member

Fiancé of missing woman alleges ‘hostile takeover’ of estate near Idyllwild​

The man who claims to be the fiancé of missing millionaire, Lydia “Dia” Abrams, has fired back at her adult children with a scathing declaration filed in Riverside County probate court.

“They have attempted a hostile takeover of their mother's properties by financial strangulation and harassment,” wrote Keith Harper in a sworn declaration dated July 19.

Harper, 71, has been managing the Bonita Vista Ranch since Abrams went missing and, until recently, had been renting out cabins on the ranch through Airbnb.

“Her children contacted 'Airbnb' and told them that the ranch was being run by a murderer and that I had been accused of murdering their mother,” Harper alleged in his declaration.

“'Airbnb' removed the ‘ranch’ from its rental lists even though the ranch had received 29 five-star ratings,” Harper wrote.

Court filings showed Abrams was seeking to invalidate her prenuptial agreement she had signed with her husband in 1984. She also was seeking more than $6.7 million dollars in assets from the estate to fund a marital trust.

“In the five years I spent with Dia, I only remember her son, Clinton, coming to the ranch on two occasions. I never saw her daughter, Crisara, come to the ranch,” Harper wrote in his declaration.

Harper also alleged Clinton Abrams tried to poison his mother “six years ago” when she was hospitalized with lower back surgery in San Diego.

“When she woke up in the recovery room, she was surprised to see her son Clinton, since no one in the family had volunteered to assist her. Dia claimed the meeting was short and her son gave her something to drink and then left. Dia claimed what happened next was she slipped into an unexplained coma for the next four days and nearly died. When she recovered, she believed the [sic] Clinton had administered her a dose of something intending to kill her, since the medical team had no explanation of her near death experience,” Harper wrote in the court declaration.

Clinton Abrams denied ever trying to poison his mother. “What he [Harper] is saying would be comical if the situation wasn’t so serious. He needs to work writing tella-novellas. It is tragic that law enforcement hasn’t done anything of substance on this case,” the son responded in an email to News 8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jose rodriguez