OR LINCOLN COUNTY JANE DOE: F, 6-10, found near rest stop in rural Lincoln County, OR - 10 Dec 2020 *HALEY MAE COBLENTZ*

1638407302767.png

1625182929593.png
1609788165304.png
1609643269379.png

Unidentified remains of a young girl found in the Lincoln County woods​

The remains of a girl between ages 6 ½ and 10 have been discovered along the H.B. Van Duzer Forest State Scenic Corridor in rural Lincoln County, Oregon State Police announced Tuesday.

Detectives are seeking the public’s help identifying the child. Her remains were found in the area of the scenic rest stop along the heavily wooded corridor, which winds through Oregon 18 from northwestern Polk County to Lincoln City.

Authorities say they are unaware of any reports of missing children matching the girl’s description.

The girl was about 3-foot-10 to 4-foot-6-inches tall and her hair was long and either dark brown or black. Her race or ethnic origin has not yet been determined. The results of a DNA analysis are not yet complete, state police said.

The condition of the remains suggests the girl had been dead for at least 30 days before being found Dec. 10. State police have not released the cause or manner of death.

“It is very rare to find a child that law enforcement cannot identify very quickly,” said Carol Schweitzer, supervisor of the forensic services unit of the center.

She said instances of unidentified remains of children under age 11 typically don’t have associated missing persons reports.

“When we are talking about children under the age of 11, we find the biggest hurdle to get over is they are not reported missing the majority of the time,” she said. She cited several reasons, such as the potential involvement of the child’s caretakers or custody arrangements where the non-custodial parent may be unaware the child is missing.

“There are a lot of family dynamics that may be involved,” she said.

Attachments

• 1625182895630.png
    1625182895630.png
    172.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Whoa! I've only been along that road once and never in that rest area. However, although it is in a remote area, that is a pretty popular road for people coming to the coast from Portland.

It's not very far from my extended families' coastal house. I may drive up there next time I'm over at the house. Might be January, but for sure by February.

Whoa! I've only been along that road once and never in that rest area. However, although it is in a remote area, that is a pretty popular road for people coming to the coast from Portland.

It's not very far from my extended families' coastal house. I may drive up there next time I'm over at the house. Might be January, but for sure by February.
Make sure someone is with you! If you go in.

Really very little info out there about this little one. Seems they've looked over all missing persons reports and haven't found anything. Most likely looking at another child dumped by a family member. Hopefully the news gets out and people start thinking of the little girls in their lives they didn't get to see over Christmas (even via video or phone call).

Really very little info out there about this little one. Seems they've looked over all missing persons reports and haven't found anything. Most likely looking at another child dumped by a family member. Hopefully the news gets out and people start thinking of the little girls in their lives they didn't get to see over Christmas (even via video or phone call).
I believe it was a parent or guardian who killed and dumped this little girl. Was probably living in an abusive situation. Home schooled.

I realize that. But someone isn't going to keep dumping and or murdering at the same rest stop.
I know. Just giving a general warning. How can we read all of these crimes, etc. and not say be careful anywhere and particularly when you travel or are alone? Wear your boots, take your pepper spray, have your phone charged and with you, etc., etc... Sleuthing is dangerous ya know.

I know. Just giving a general warning. How can we read all of these crimes, etc. and not say be careful anywhere and particularly when you travel or are alone? Wear your boots, take your pepper spray, have your phone charged and with you, etc., etc... Sleuthing is dangerous ya know.
I carry a knife with me too and a car club.

I have a car charger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back