LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Teens murdered in Delphi, IN - Feb 2017 *ARREST*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I can’t think of a reason why they need to hold it back at this point, either.
To not give the slimeball's defense lawyer the slightest chance to raise " reasonable doubt " during a murder trial or trials. Indiana is a death penalty state. LE wants to hand the prosecution a slam dunk, "the jury was only out for 10 minutes just long enough to elect a foreman and unanimously vote guilty on all counts" type of case.

THE UNSOLVED CASEFILE: WHO KILLED LIBERTY GERMAN & ABIGAIL WILLIAMS?​

The year 2021 should be filled with cap & gowns, graduation parties, and college choices for Libby German and Abby Williams. Instead, their families are holding on to the hope that this is the year their killer is brought to justice.

“We will get answers. We will get answers. We will have to wait patiently for that,” Abby’s mother, Anna Williams said.

Although it has been three long years since that warm February day, Indiana State Police say they still receive new tips about Abby and Libby’s murders almost daily.

Every one of those tips and potential leads that are called in and emailed to the Delphi tip lines — more than 40,000 so far — is vetted by investigators.

Every tip received is entered into an FBI system called “Pyramid.” That system stores information like names, descriptions and motives so it can be cross-referenced with other tips locally and across the country to find any possible connections.

The process is always working, comparing tips received about the Delphi murders with hundreds of other cases and tips. Investigators say they have worked a number of tips and leads that have come directly from that system or the tip line, although they say both have been able to connect dots they had no idea existed.

Delphi, Indiana Murders: Reward in 2017 killings of 2 teens grows to $325K​

State police say the reward for information leading to a conviction in the 2017 killings of two teenage girls slain during a hiking trip in northern Indiana has grown to $325,000.

Indiana State Police announced Monday that the reward fund was boosted by an anonymous donation of $100,000.

Police said the full $325,000 reward "will be given to anyone who can provide information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for the deaths" of 13-year-old Abigail Williams and 14-year-old Liberty German.

People Magazine Investigates aired a pretty solid episode about the case so far. It even goes in to some of the more well-known false leads that had made it into the media. There’s so much online that’s just completely based in social media rumors and probable fabrications by Youtubers, that it’s good to have this overview of the facts, IMO.

People Magazine Investigates aired a pretty solid episode about the case so far. It even goes in to some of the more well-known false leads that had made it into the media. There’s so much online that’s just completely based in social media rumors and probable fabrications by Youtubers, that it’s good to have this overview of the facts, IMO.

Sometimes when a case gets so convoluted with rumors, speculation and actual facts of say another perp arrested in another crime who may seem to be a possible perp for this or any, it isn't a bad idea to just strip it all way and look at the beginning and what is known for facts since. I would like to watch this.

Thanks! I do have access to that show. I'd like to watch it and get a refresher and see if some things I think are true have actually been ruled out.

Something to keep an eye on, for sure. IMO he does resemble both sketches in different ways, and his voice (he has a TikTok that’s been making the rounds on social media) could resemble “Down the hill”.

However, I have my doubts. We’ve been down this road before. It turns out that a remarkable number of mugshots resemble those sketches so I’m not going to get too excited. Either way, I’m glad this guy is off the streets and that the young girl seems to have been rescued just in time to save her life.

I read this first and had my doubts prior to seeing the picture. With so many, the public and online community/tips push looking at various offenders over the years and my first thought is they have nothing that really ties or suggests him but are simply ruling him out as they say they have with so many others. Also as Steve stated, so many have seemed to resemble one sketch or the other.

However, then after reading this, I saw his picture and I have to say the thin lips to nose area are almost uncanny eerily similar to the newest sketch, especially the lips. The chin and slight double chin so close to the older sketch and shading in that area.

His act seems so different though, in his home, keeping the girl alive, just one and younger as well. Where with A & L, it was outside, killed right away, two girls, etc. However, his original plan versus what ended up happening may have been far different with A & L.

His look though, and his age, I don't know... It's a bit eerie. I too have seen many resemble him but wow, those thin lips... Many other things too with the picture not quite as stand out, the hair all the way up/back on the high forehead, the spot of hair on his chin right where the line on the sketched chin is--these things and more also look like the 2nd sketch/the younger one given the public...

The biting is/seems a bit unique and I wonder if there is any signature with Abby and Libby we don't know about...

But then again, it sounds like it is possibly just a simple rule out and a push to look at him...

This poor ten year old girl, horrible evil man. I wonder what his past is, someone formerly in prison that never should have been let out? First time offender? That would be hard to believe at 42 with children as his target...

What a scumbag! Hope they can easily determine where he was and easily rule him in or out.

View attachment 11056 View attachment 11057 View attachment 11059
View attachment 11060

From the article:

On Monday, prosecutors charged Chadwell with attempted murder, two counts of child molesting, kidnapping, criminal confinement, battery and strangulation in connection with the 10-year-old girl in Lafayette. In medical records cited in the probable cause documents filed against Chadwell, doctors described strangulation marks on the girl’s neck, broken blood vessels in her eyes and bite marks on her body.

I'm guessing that Libby and Abby were beaten, bitten, and strangled. The police have never released the cause of death or anything else. This would explain why they are interested in looking at him closely. Hopefully they have some DNA evidence to match for.

From the article:

I'm guessing that Libby and Abby were beaten, bitten, and strangled. The police have never released the cause of death or anything else. This would explain why they are interested in looking at him closely. Hopefully they have some DNA evidence to match for.
Part of me goes down that road too in reading it. Yet this man is charged with attempted murder of this ten year old totally at his mercy but Abby and Libby were killed with no problem... It seems quite a bit different but maybe their fight threw him off his "game" or "plan". He drew this one in allegedly with dogs, a young ten year old, into his own home base/area. With Abby and Libby it seems more intentional as he proceeded towards them in a public trail area with no likely, for lack of a better way to explain it, offer of puppies or candy to sucker them in.

There is talk which seems to have some basis out there of how Libby was found/her body and his "staging" of the girls. LE has never confirmed it of course. What I have heard I don't think including multiple bites and such but they definitely could have held such back.

I don't know, the crime itself, location, keeping her alive, etc. and torturing (I hate to say that) seems entirely different than A & L but the picture next to the sketches, particularly the one sketch sure stopped me in my tracks or did on first look... I guess it is possible with A & L he had hopes of torture, drawing it out and taking one or both home or somewhere else, hard to say...

All I know is I hope you are right and I did consider that as well--would so many not be tickled should there be an arrest and a solid case against the perp in this case too if this is the man.

Just thoughts.

Part of me goes down that road too in reading it. Yet this man is charged with attempted murder of this ten year old totally at his mercy but Abby and Libby were killed with no problem... It seems quite a bit different but maybe their fight threw him off his "game" or "plan". He drew this one in allegedly with dogs, a young ten year old, into his own home base/area. With Abby and Libby it seems more intentional as he proceeded towards them in a public trail area with no likely, for lack of a better way to explain it, offer of puppies or candy to sucker them in.

There is talk which seems to have some basis out there of how Libby was found/her body and his "staging" of the girls. LE has never confirmed it of course. What I have heard I don't think including multiple bites and such but they definitely could have held such back.

I don't know, the crime itself, location, keeping her alive, etc. and torturing (I hate to say that) seems entirely different than A & L but the picture next to the sketches, particularly the one sketch sure stopped me in my tracks or did on first look... I guess it is possible with A & L he had hopes of torture, drawing it out and taking one or both home or somewhere else, hard to say...

All I know is I hope you are right and I did consider that as well--would so many not be tickled should there be an arrest and a solid case against the perp in this case too if this is the man.

Just thoughts.

I hope he is. I'm tired of waiting for justice in this case.

The biting is/seems a bit unique and I wonder if there is any signature with Abby and Libby we don't know about...
I agree with everything you’ve said. In terms of people matching the sketch, I think he’s the best match so far, and it’s weird that he seems to match both sketches. What gives him bonus points IMO is the narrower eyes and his eyebrow area, as opposed to some of the other Internet favorites who all seem to have eyes that are spaced too far apart.

Regarding the bite, it seems that this sicko let his pitbull the girl:

I agree with everything you’ve said. In terms of people matching the sketch, I think he’s the best match so far, and it’s weird that he seems to match both sketches. What gives him bonus points IMO is the narrower eyes and his eyebrow area, as opposed to some of the other Internet favorites who all seem to have eyes that are spaced too far apart.

Regarding the bite, it seems that this sicko let his pitbull the girl:

Wow, many interesting things in this article. So he just moved there... Works in a factory per him... Now the girl is 9, not 10 in this article. And instead of bites from him (plural) it mentions only one from a dog.

But yes, the eyes too, etc. I did not mention them as it is harder to explain with just words, but I noticed that too. Let me put it this way. If this was a sketch from an unidentified body found that they had to reconstruct based on a skeleton or partial one, guessing, etc., and decades later or years later, they determined who the unidentified person was and showed a picture of that person, I would say wow, they were really close with that sketch!

That's how I felt here compared to many previous side by sides of other possibilities, etc. And this is a sketch from I imagine someone's memory and sighting and not trying to guess on a body that is unidentifiable so an entirely different thing. What happened to this 9 or 10 year old does not entirely seem to match up to me to the A & L case, but the sketch and comparison with his picture, I seriously on first look went WOW...

Something to keep an eye on, for sure. IMO he does resemble both sketches in different ways, and his voice (he has a TikTok that’s been making the rounds on social media) could resemble “Down the hill”.

However, I have my doubts. We’ve been down this road before. It turns out that a remarkable number of mugshots resemble those sketches so I’m not going to get too excited. Either way, I’m glad this guy is off the streets and that the young girl seems to have been rescued just in time to save her life.
Agreed! It’s a miracle that she’s still alive. He needs to stay away from society. I’m afraid that won’t happen though, because Of his age. Eventually someone’s going to take pity on him and let him out. 😡

I read this first and had my doubts prior to seeing the picture. With so many, the public and online community/tips push looking at various offenders over the years and my first thought is they have nothing that really ties or suggests him but are simply ruling him out as they say they have with so many others. Also as Steve stated, so many have seemed to resemble one sketch or the other.

However, then after reading this, I saw his picture and I have to say the thin lips to nose area are almost uncanny eerily similar to the newest sketch, especially the lips. The chin and slight double chin so close to the older sketch and shading in that area.

His act seems so different though, in his home, keeping the girl alive, just one and younger as well. Where with A & L, it was outside, killed right away, two girls, etc. However, his original plan versus what ended up happening may have been far different with A & L.

His look though, and his age, I don't know... It's a bit eerie. I too have seen many resemble him but wow, those thin lips... Many other things too with the picture not quite as stand out, the hair all the way up/back on the high forehead, the spot of hair on his chin right where the line on the sketched chin is--these things and more also look like the 2nd sketch/the younger one given the public...

But then again, it sounds like it is possibly just a simple rule out and a push to look at him...

This poor ten year old girl, horrible evil man. I wonder what his past is, someone formerly in prison that never should have been let out? First time offender? That would be hard to believe at 42 with children as his target...
IF It is him who killed the girls, it could’ve just been him looking at it as an opportunity since they were out there alone. Maybe it was a test run.

IF It is him who killed the girls, it could’ve just been him looking at it as an opportunity since they were out there alone. Maybe it was a test run.
True. I don't do FB and such, but it will be interesting to see what people dig up--former workplaces, ties to area, previous charges, etc. That last article I think it was said that he had a couple of warrants.

The perp also knows he was filmed and recorded in A & L so I guess maybe in a future crime he would want more control of his surroundings. It seems highly unlikely someone committing such a crime would never commit another.

I will say there was a boldness in the A & L case, broad daylight, public area, etc. This one does have that boldness in a way, a cul de sac with neighbors..

I wonder too if he was trying to hide his whereabouts? He said he bought the house recently on a contract which may mean no name on it of his own in public records, and he had warrants... Yet he worked at a factory allegedly, one would not think he would be hard to find on his warrants. I want to know what the warrants were for, chances are he should not have even been on the street.

I imagine with how hotly the A & L case is followed that there will be Youtube podcasts on this shortly and some research. Maybe we want this case up on its own? What he did to this young girl makes me want to see justice served on this evil POS whether he is also responsible for A & L or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back