PA KING HILL: Missing from Philadelphia, PA - 7 July 2020 - Age 2 *GUILTY PLEA*

1594337323465.png
Philadelphia Police Searching For Missing 2-Year-Old King Hill

Philadelphia police are searching for a missing toddler. Police say 2-year-old King Hill was last seen at 9:50 a.m. Tuesday near 31st and Page Streets in the city’s Strawberry Mansion neighborhood.

Police say King was reported missing on Tuesday night by his stepfather.

Philadelphia Police Capt. Mark Burgmann says King was in the care of a babysitter, who told the stepfather that she returned King to his biological mother. Burgmann says the mother is disputing that claim.

“The biological mother is claiming that she did not return a child to her,” Burgmann said. “At this point in time, we have no idea where the child is. So we are very aggressively investigating this to find out where the child is.”

Burgmann says police believe King may be in danger.

1594337444403.png

MEDIA - KING HILL Missing from Philadelphia, PA since 7 July 2020 - Age 2

Last edited:
Now I would like to find out when the "step father" knew and/or IF he knew
Yeah, unless I forget, I don't think his name has even been in the news... I would like to know how long the child was with this sitter, how often he checked on King, why he was there, what the arrangement was and so forth. There are remaining questions in this case. It seems the child went to the "stepfather" in June... Was the child ever with him?

@PhillyPolice say the last confirmed sighting of King Hill was July 5th. He was reported missing by his stepfather on July 8th. Since then, police say there was physical evidence refuting everything Parks told them

Investigators say there is NO reason to believe anyone else is involved in King’s death—including his mother & stepfather.
@PhillyPolice say King’s stepfather knew Parks for years & she helped watch him. King’s mother is still adamant she never met Parks.

She does NOT look 24. :oops: Tears for getting caught, huh.

Now I would like to find out when the "step father" knew and/or IF he knew

I really don't think he knew anything. I think he made some poor decisions. I'm speculating that maybe something wasn't adding up in his mind with the babysitter, hence the "did you get the baby" text. Then he reports King missing (not that that part necessarily means anything, but I think it means more in this case than others).

@PhillyPolice say the last confirmed sighting of King Hill was July 5th. He was reported missing by his stepfather on July 8th. Since then, police say there was physical evidence refuting everything Parks told them

Investigators say there is NO reason to believe anyone else is involved in King’s death—including his mother & stepfather.
@PhillyPolice say King’s stepfather knew Parks for years & she helped watch him. King’s mother is still adamant she never met Parks.

I don't know what years means but the sitter is only 24. King was about to turn 3 isn't that correct? Maybe the "stepdad" knew the sitter for years or even since childhood but had the sitter watched King before or ever, was this a first, if she did know him, how was she with him, etc.

I noted in one article today they called the "stepdad" the mother's former partner. I wonder when they split. I also wonder if the sitter was a gf. And even if they lived together... I will leave it at that as I don't want to say anything too negative about those not charged who have done nothing we know of.

I am sure more will come out unfortunately as papers get filed, etc.

She does NOT look 24. :oops: Tears for getting caught, huh.

I really don't think he knew anything. I think he made some poor decisions. I'm speculating that maybe something wasn't adding up in his mind with the babysitter, hence the "did you get the baby" text. Then he reports King missing (not that that part necessarily means anything, but I think it means more in this case than others).

My first thought also was she looks far older than 24, I put it down to her life has probably been pretty stressed these last weeks... I as well put the tears down for herself... Entirely.

I don't like to speculate if someone is innocent but my thought truly is this may have been a gf of the "stepdad". I think perhaps she may have been resentful that the "dad" was out perhaps with buddies or working and she was stuck home watching someone else's child (and she is still young herself) and possibly over a holiday period... I am thinking he perhaps saw him the 5th comes home or pops in on the 8th and no King... She gives him the fake story and he texts the mom to see if it is true? I also think she harbored probably more resentment that he would watch a kid not his which to some women portrays feelings for that former woman or partner (King's mom)...

I keep hearing too (we have throughout that he reported King missing), however, I heard today somewhere that the mother reported him missing... And it was in news, I think a video report on a news station... I guess both may be true, he checks with mom and she says no way in H did she return him to me and they both then call LE or even go do it together.

All just guessing/jmo.

Police arrested Parks early Monday morning after she was hospitalized for an unknown reason.

Police say King’s stepfather, Marvin Reese, put the toddler in Parks’ care. Officers arrested Parks after the investigation uncovered cell phone video confirming the child was killed. Parks now faces numerous charges, including murder and abuse of corpse.

“The death of King Hill is an unbearable tragedy that is compounded by Tianna Parks’ actions. This precious baby’s family and community deserve to know how he died. They deserve the opportunity to bury and mourn him with dignity,” District Attorney Larry Krasner said. “This child deserved so much better in life. My office will continue to work alongside the Philadelphia Police and FBI to seek justice for his death.”

Reese told police Parks was a friend who helped babysit King in the past. He said King had been in Parks’ care for about two weeks before he was reported missing.

Police arrested Parks early Monday morning after she was hospitalized for an unknown reason.

Police say King’s stepfather, Marvin Reese, put the toddler in Parks’ care. Officers arrested Parks after the investigation uncovered cell phone video confirming the child was killed. Parks now faces numerous charges, including murder and abuse of corpse.

“The death of King Hill is an unbearable tragedy that is compounded by Tianna Parks’ actions. This precious baby’s family and community deserve to know how he died. They deserve the opportunity to bury and mourn him with dignity,” District Attorney Larry Krasner said. “This child deserved so much better in life. My office will continue to work alongside the Philadelphia Police and FBI to seek justice for his death.”

Reese told police Parks was a friend who helped babysit King in the past. He said King had been in Parks’ care for about two weeks before he was reported missing.

Two weeks in her care? I hope he means daily and not just left there for two weeks...

“We don’t right now have a mechanism of King Hill’s death, we don’t know the date of his death. We don’t know the location of his death, nor do we know the location of his body,” said Anthony Voci, homicide chief at the District Attorney’s Office. “But we know, based on the evidence that we have, that he was in fact killed by Ms. Parks.

“We don’t right now have a mechanism of King Hill’s death, we don’t know the date of his death. We don’t know the location of his death, nor do we know the location of his body,” said Anthony Voci, homicide chief at the District Attorney’s Office. “But we know, based on the evidence that we have, that he was in fact killed by Ms. Parks.
That quote stood out to me, too. It’s a lot of unknowns. That video and cellphone evidence must be pretty airtight for them to move forward, I suppose.

Grieving family holds birthday party to honor King Hill on 3rd birthday

King Hill's family came together in heartache to hold a birthday party for the young boy who would have turned 3 on Wednesday

"It's hard, you know, but I just got it done for him because he deserve it you know," said Amber Hill.

She’s holding her son's birthday party without him. Amber was surrounded by her mother, other family, friends and neighbors as she held up as best she could to celebrate and honor her son King.

"I ain’t expect everybody to come but I'm emotional right now. But I just want to thank everybody for everything. This is just in memory to my son and it wouldn’t be right if I didn't do anything," she cried.

Amber provided king hats for kids to wear, others brought balloons and neighbors also tied them to their steps. A DJ set up outside the home on Page Street as the crowd grilled and sat in support of Amber. King’s birthday comes 2 and a half weeks after police announced an arrest saying King was murdered and his body still hasn’t been found.

"I'm still going through it. It's still heavy on my heart," cried Amber.

In the midst of this young mom's grief she found strength Wednesday in throwing the party she knows her child would have wanted.

"The joy and the pride in my son. He would want this. If he was here it would happen," she said.

Exclusive interview with 2-year-old King Hill's stepfather: "I feel betrayed"

The stepfather of 2-year-old King Hill, who handed the boy off to a babysitter, Tianna Parks, now charged with King's murder, is speaking out for the first time in an exclusive interview with FOX 29.

Marvin Reese says Philadelphia police told him they may never find the body of King, who was reported missing back on July 9.

He says he still has not stopped looking or giving up hope.

"I'm still thinking, waiting, my phone is going to ring telling me 'We got your son,he's here,'" he says. "It's like I feel like, as a parent, I feel like I let him down."

Reese walked us through the two years of trust he says he built with babysitter, Tianna Parks, before he allowed her to watch King for an extended period of time.

Reese has a daughter with King's biological mother. Over the past two years, King's mother would request for Reese to watch King or he would offer to help out. He says King was a handful as a baby.

"I was just working on him, developing him as a young man," he says. " I still treated him as my own son, I never looked at him any different."

Reese said he would often bring King to his gym in West Philadelphia where he worked as a boxing coach and where Parks would provide yoga and stretching exercises for the boxers.

Reese says eventually Parks would take King for longer periods of time. He says if he did not see King in person every day while in her care, he would through video chat or social media.

He could not remember a specific date, but says the last time he saw Parks and King was at the end of June. He says he bought them food before Parks planned to take King to a park.

In the two weeks after that, Reese said everything changed.

"I'm going to her house and I'm calling her phone directly in front of her house. It was always an excuse: I'm not here, I'm not there, and I'm like, I'm sitting in front of your house trying to get my son," he says.

"I said hey, send me some pictures or something, and I never got the pictures."

"From that point, at my understanding, she blocked my number at that point."

To this day, he says he wishes he could talk to Parks to find out what went wrong. He says the two had a strictly business relationship and he feels completely betrayed.

"You would've never seen that coming," he says. "Who does something to a 2-year-old child? Nobody messes with kids. Nobody."

Reese and his family and King's mother, Amber, held separate birthday parties for King on Wednesday.

He was supposed to turn three.

1596238426935.png

Philly judge upholds murder charges against babysitter accused of killing, hiding body of missing toddler​

A Philadelphia judge has upheld murder charges against a woman accused of killing and hiding the body of a missing toddler this past summer. The boy’s father told the judge his son’s last words were, “I love you, come get me.”

The father, who told the judge he was the primary caretaker, believed he may have had COVID-19 and paid Parks to take care of Hill, and he checked in with video chats and text messages.

An FBI agent testified to surveillance video of Parks placing what looked like a heavy red suitcase in the trunk of her car, and phone records, he said, showed Parks drove around near the Schuylkill River, where she parked for 20 mins. She then drove to Penn St. in Germantown, where authorities say video shows her car driving down the street with a trash bag appearing on the sidewalk.

Prosecutors believe inside the bag was the body of the boy.

The agent also testified to searches on Parks’ phone that included “how to treat a skull fracture,” “what does raccoon eyes mean,” and “how to treat black eyes fast.”

Authorities believe Hill’s body was picked up with the trash, and his body has never been found.

Babysitter to stand trial in the death of 2-year-old King Hill​

The West Philadelphia babysitter charged in the death and disappearance of a 2-year-old boy in her care was ordered to stand trial for murder on Wednesday after prosecutors presented video and cellphone evidence that they said tied her to the slaying.

“What is most likely is that Tianna Parks lost her control with this child, whether it was potty training or something else. She hit him,” the prosecutor said, and instead of taking him to a doctor “she took him to the trash.”

Philly judge upholds murder charges against babysitter accused of killing, hiding body of missing toddler​

A Philadelphia judge has upheld murder charges against a woman accused of killing and hiding the body of a missing toddler this past summer. The boy’s father told the judge his son’s last words were, “I love you, come get me.”

The father, who told the judge he was the primary caretaker, believed he may have had COVID-19 and paid Parks to take care of Hill, and he checked in with video chats and text messages.

An FBI agent testified to surveillance video of Parks placing what looked like a heavy red suitcase in the trunk of her car, and phone records, he said, showed Parks drove around near the Schuylkill River, where she parked for 20 mins. She then drove to Penn St. in Germantown, where authorities say video shows her car driving down the street with a trash bag appearing on the sidewalk.

The agent also testified to searches on Parks’ phone that included “how to treat a skull fracture,” “what does raccoon eyes mean,” and “how to treat black eyes fast.”

Authorities believe Hill’s body was picked up with the trash, and his body has never been found.

The West Philadelphia babysitter charged in the death and disappearance of a 2-year-old boy in her care was ordered to stand trial for murder on Wednesday after prosecutors presented video and cellphone evidence that they said tied her to the slaying.

“What is most likely is that Tianna Parks lost her control with this child, whether it was potty training or something else. She hit him,” the prosecutor said, and instead of taking him to a doctor “she took him to the trash.”
If she was looking up skull fracture, she likely did far more than hit him. I don't know what I honestly think of the father's claims either. If he thought he had Covid, was he staying home and self quarantining? Did he test? I am not saying the father was involved, just that wasn't King with her and away from him for like two weeks? Was his mother not an option?

Anyhow, I hope justice is served.

This just gives me the chills and I'm not kidding. I had a chill go up my back. How could she? And the father? Didn't he realize that covid usually doesn't affect children very much? He didn't do anything, I realize, but it's just making me want to go back in time and changing his mind about that decision.

This just gives me the chills and I'm not kidding. I had a chill go up my back. How could she? And the father? Didn't he realize that covid usually doesn't affect children very much? He didn't do anything, I realize, but it's just making me want to go back in time and changing his mind about that decision.
It bothers me about the dad too. At that time, there was not a huge fear with regard to children I know that. I also don't like how it is kind of he "thought" he may have Covid... It could certainly be nothing more than an excuse... I sure don't remember hearing that at all back earlier in this case... (That I recall anyhow). I too don't place him as guilty of any harm to the child but two weeks and you were not even sure you had it...??

Philadelphia woman pleads guilty to charges related to 2020 toddler disappearance, death​

The mystery of the July 2020 disappearance of 2-year-old King Hill has become a bit clearer, as a Philadelphia woman pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter and abuse of corpse charges related to his death.

Tianna Parks admitted she was looking after 2-year-old King Hill, and lied to police about dropping him off with his mother. Instead, prosecutors read an outline of what Parks says really happened.

Parks said she was potty training Hill and he had an accident, so she got mad and began to shake him, eventually putting him in the bathtub. She admitted to then going outside while the toddler was in the water, and she smoked some drugs.

When she returned, King was under water. She said she tried to revive him with CPR, but it didn’t work and Hill died.

Prosecutors showed slides of Parks’ cellphone searches, including “fractured skull symptoms,” “What do raccoon eyes mean?” and “how to treat a basilar skull fracture.”

They then showed a video of Parks with Hill lying on her shoulder as she brought him out to her car one morning, then going to the drug store. They also showed a video from the following day of her putting a heavy-looking red suitcase into her car. Investigators believe that is how she transported the boy’s body to dump him.

Prosecutors then showed pictures from the site where they believed Parks left the toddler’s body: In a trash bag, by the side of the road with the rest of the residential street trash.

Officials went looking in that area, and found trash trucks had removed the pile of bags and eventually burned them.

Parks was crying at times through Thursday’s hearing, and admitted to having a mental health illness which she said she’s being treated for. Along with voluntary manslaughter and abuse of corpse, she pleaded to lying to police and endangering the welfare of a child.

She will be sentenced in December and faces a maximum of 22 to 44 years in prison.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back