WA KASSANNDRA CANTRELL: Missing from Parkland / Tacoma, WA - 25 Aug 2020 - Age 33 *Found Deceased**GUILTY PLEA*

1598991746262.png 1598991754150.png 1598991771892.png

Deputies searching for pregnant Pierce County woman who disappeared under suspicious circumstances

A Pierce County family is desperate for answers in the search of a missing pregnant woman who seemingly vanished Tuesday morning.

Loved ones say it was the ultimate red flag when Kassanndra Cantrell, 33, failed to show up to her first ultrasound this week, something she’d so been looking forward, something they say she wouldn’t willingly miss.

“This is not normal, she wouldn’t just vanish…I just need her back," said Marie Smith, Cantrell's mother.

It’s been an agonizing four days since Smith last saw her daughter. It was early Tuesday morning when Smith was heading out to work.

"She just said 'have a good day at work' I said 'thank you'. She said 'love you' and I said 'love you'. And that was the last time," said Smith about her last conversation with her daughter.

About an hour later, at 8:45 a.m. a security camera caught her driving away in her 2014 white Mazda sedan from her and mother’s Parkland home. The only plan her mom knew she had that day was at some point to go to the grocery store.

“I don't think that's where she was going when she left. Everything seemed to indicate she was going to see somebody because if she was going to the grocery store she would’ve just put her hair in a ponytail and put on some jeans and headed out, but it was clear she’d taken a shower and gotten dressed. She had taken some extra time, she doesn’t do that just to go grocery shopping," said Smith.

When she didn’t return home later that day or answer any calls, the fear started to sink in. even more so when they discovered her phone was turned off. “She never turns her phone off, and she wouldn’t stop all her social interactions. It doesn’t make any sense, something has happened.”

The nightmare deepened when Cantrell didn’t show up for her very first ultrasound appointment on Wednesday afternoon.

“She wouldn’t have missed it for the world, it doesn’t make any sense for her to be gone at all," said Smith.

Smith said her daughter was about three months pregnant. The father is a friend, and though unexpected, for Cantrell it was the most welcomed surprise.

“When she found out she was thrilled because she wasn’t sure that she'd have a chance to have a baby and so she was really excited, she already picked out names," said Smith.

MEDIA - KASSANNDRA CANTRELL: Missing from Parkland / Tacoma, WA since 25 Aug 2020 - Age 33

Last edited:
I really wish they were better about getting this search info out to the public. Thankful for the article, but saw it too late. Very little and unorganized social media presence. :(

Family of missing pregnant woman plans search for area where phone last pinged

It’s been over three weeks since a pregnant Parkland woman seemingly vanished the day before her first ultrasound, setting off a massive search for her that her family is working to keep alive. Kassanndra Cantrell’s loved ones are planning another search at Point Defiance Park in Tacoma this Saturday, hoping they’ll find something-anything, to help bring her home.

From day one of the investigation, Kassanndra Cantrell’s family has really only had two pieces of solid information: her car was captured leaving her Parkland neighborhood around 8:30 am on Tuesday August 25th, and about four hours later her phone pinged for the last time near Point Defiance Park in Tacoma. That’s when the trail seemingly ends, and where her loved ones plan to search Saturday, going to businesses in the area and asking them to check surveillance video. “We need to see if they have anything that might show my daughter in the area,” says Marie Smith.

A handful of people have volunteered to help, but Kassanndra’s family is hoping if more people join, they’ll be able to spread out and contact more people faster. “That way I’m not taking up too much of peoples times, people have things to do, so I appreciate any time they can spare.”

I really wish they were better about getting this search info out to the public. Thankful for the article, but saw it too late. Very little and unorganized social media presence. :(

Family of missing pregnant woman plans search for area where phone last pinged

It’s been over three weeks since a pregnant Parkland woman seemingly vanished the day before her first ultrasound, setting off a massive search for her that her family is working to keep alive. Kassanndra Cantrell’s loved ones are planning another search at Point Defiance Park in Tacoma this Saturday, hoping they’ll find something-anything, to help bring her home.

From day one of the investigation, Kassanndra Cantrell’s family has really only had two pieces of solid information: her car was captured leaving her Parkland neighborhood around 8:30 am on Tuesday August 25th, and about four hours later her phone pinged for the last time near Point Defiance Park in Tacoma. That’s when the trail seemingly ends, and where her loved ones plan to search Saturday, going to businesses in the area and asking them to check surveillance video. “We need to see if they have anything that might show my daughter in the area,” says Marie Smith.

A handful of people have volunteered to help, but Kassanndra’s family is hoping if more people join, they’ll be able to spread out and contact more people faster. “That way I’m not taking up too much of peoples times, people have things to do, so I appreciate any time they can spare.”
Do they have a Facebook page organized?

Do they have a Facebook page organized?

They have a private group with only about 100 people...
For every search they start a new "event" page that you may or may not come across, because they usually just post it on their personal pages or in this private group.

I'm wondering if she was tossed into some water. That might explain her phone's pinging stoppage. It sounds like the phone stopped pinging for a reason other than the battery going dead.

Been thinking about that too, but I still can't fathom someone doing that in the middle of the day at Point Defiance...
Perhaps the phone ping is a red herring and he tossed the phone into the water up there, and she is elsewhere?

I guess it is unlikely but not impossible that her phone may have been ditched or destroyed before she was moved (or for that matter after even) or taken care of, etc. to put it nicely, I don't want to say she is passed although LE seem to be sure. If I have my facts right in this one, she was not reported missing for some number of days.

Common sense though says any perp would take care of both things quickly and about the same time to not risk any moment someone may be looking for her...

I do think though her phone's last ping and where they may find her could be in completely different areas. I suspect LE has a better idea on that.

She clearly or so it seems met someone willingly and I assume it is the perp. Therefore, he may have had a half-arsed plan/premeditation. I also leave open a 2nd person helping and more than one car or even than two cars because of that... Depending on what LE has found and who is involved, someone could have driven well out of town with her? Even with a vehicle switch, etc.? If not, then since they seemed to consider the home a scene, it would appear she but not her phone was at the home at some point...?

Just thoughts and I may be off base and have my facts fuzzy...

I am not saying she could not be at Defiance Park or near but it seems to be only the phone ping that puts her there... If you have someone you are meeting willingly, you may well have gotten in their car to go elsewhere to talk...?

Just thoughts...

I guess it is unlikely but not impossible that her phone may have been ditched or destroyed before she was moved (or for that matter after even) or taken care of, etc. to put it nicely, I don't want to say she is passed although LE seem to be sure. If I have my facts right in this one, she was not reported missing for some number of days.

Common sense though says any perp would take care of both things quickly and about the same time to not risk any moment someone may be looking for her...

I do think though her phone's last ping and where they may find her could be in completely different areas. I suspect LE has a better idea on that.

She clearly or so it seems met someone willingly and I assume it is the perp. Therefore, he may have had a half-arsed plan/premeditation. I also leave open a 2nd person helping and more than one car or even than two cars because of that... Depending on what LE has found and who is involved, someone could have driven well out of town with her? Even with a vehicle switch, etc.? If not, then since they seemed to consider the home a scene, it would appear she but not her phone was at the home at some point...?

Just thoughts and I may be off base and have my facts fuzzy...

I am not saying she could not be at Defiance Park or near but it seems to be only the phone ping that puts her there... If you have someone you are meeting willingly, you may well have gotten in their car to go elsewhere to talk...?

Just thoughts...
This is similar to a local case I've been hoping to see resolved.

This is similar to a local case I've been hoping to see resolved.
8 1/2 months pregnant. Sounds again like willingly met the baby's father... :( It sounds extremely similar... Is it typical for a poster like this at the end to say contact the American Embassy or Consulate? It probably is, it just struck me, never noticed that before on any case...

So she did answer a call after meeting there... And the car was found abandoned there but no purse, phone, etc... Another odd one, this one sounds very much like she likely went with "him" or in another vehicle as well... And her vehicle never moved from there? A civic center, even years ago I can't really imagine in broad daylight getting easily rid of a pregnant woman... It just seems like they were taken or went with someone...?

Do they have more info, I don't want to sidetrack here but very little about him or anything else...

8 1/2 months pregnant. Sounds again like willingly met the baby's father... :( It sounds extremely similar... Is it typical for a poster like this at the end to say contact the American Embassy or Consulate? It probably is, it just struck me, never noticed that before on any case...

So she did answer a call after meeting there... And the car was found abandoned there but no purse, phone, etc... Another odd one, this one sounds very much like she likely went with "him" or in another vehicle as well... And her vehicle never moved from there? A civic center, even years ago I can't really imagine in broad daylight getting easily rid of a pregnant woman... It just seems like they were taken or went with someone...?

Do they have more info, I don't want to sidetrack here but very little about him or anything else...
That quote at the end of FBI notices is common practice. For more about Amanda Jones, just google her name. There's a lot of information to read. 😉

No word on exactly where she was found... Saw on Facebook live what looked like SWAT showing up to his house to arrest him.

Kassanndra Cantrell: Body of missing pregnant woman found in Pierce County; suspect arrested

The body of Kassanndra Cantrell was found nearly a month after the pregnant woman from Parkland, Washington went missing, authorities said Tuesday. Detectives also said they arrested the person they believe is responsible for her murder.

Body of missing pregnant woman found over cliff in University Place

The body of Kassandra Cantrell, a pregnant Parkland woman missing nearly a month, was found Tuesday over a cliff in University Place.

A Pierce County sheriff’s SWAT team arrested her 37-year-old ex-boyfriend at his Tacoma house hours after the discovery. He is expected to be booked into Pierce County Jail on suspicion of first-degree murder.

They recovered surveillance video after Cantrell’s Mazda 3 sedan was found abandoned in Tacoma showing the ex-boyfriend arrive at a parking garage in her vehicle and leave in a truck.

Divers also recovered Cantrell’s cell phone in the waters off Owen Beach.

Just before noon Tuesday, the investigation led detectives to 64th Street West and Chambers Creek Road in University Place, where they found Cantrell’s body about 100 yards down a cliff.

Rescue crews used a high-angle ropes operation to recover the body.

“This is sad ending but this is the ending we expected,” sheriff’s spokesman Ed Troyer said. “At least now we can get closure for the family.”

They seized his truck — the one he drove away from the parking garage where Cantrell’s car was found — and analyzed GPS data about where he had recently driven.

That led investigators Tuesday to search the area along Chambers Creek Road, where they found a woman’s body wrapped and tossed over a hillside.

Last edited:
I don't even know what emoji to use, sorry. I am sad and angry she is dead, happy he is arrested and she is found. Now I need to go read the articles. Prayers for her family at this time. LE apparently did know things just from what you posted, I still need to read...

So her phone WAS dumped at Point Defiance park, in the water.
And the suspect WAS seen on surveillance dumping her car.

I've updated the map with the location of her phone and remains. :(

So I am trying to get my bearings--the phone was in the park but not her? She was farther away as would fit I think... And it said he was seen putting her car in a parking garage is that where they found it? Or he went back and moved it? I tried to read the last article but I think I have to change settings to see it, I tried accepting ads and cookies but it did not work...

So tragic for her and her family but on the other hand I want to say what an idiot. Where do these perps get off thinking they are so smart when so clearly dumb? I mean they were onto him quickly. You don't want to have a baby mister? Then don't mess around. Simple foolproof way. It does not only work one way.

I get so angry at these cases. And it happens in marriages too, look at Scott Peterson or Chris Watts just two of many, many examples.

And what do they accomplish? Free of the woman, free of the baby I guess and financial obligations possibly but never again free themselves anyhow. Morons. Evil morons. Jmo. And they all seem to think they will get away with it... Duh.

Prayers to her family.

So I am trying to get my bearings--the phone was in the park but not her? She was farther away as would fit I think... And it said he was seen putting her car in a parking garage is that where they found it? Or he went back and moved it? I tried to read the last article but I think I have to change settings to see it, I tried accepting ads and cookies but it did not work...

That last article may be difficult, I'm not sure. They usually have a paywall. I was surprised I could read it. Possibly because of my location they opened it up. (I copied a bit more info over from the article.)

Yes, the phone was found in the park. At Owen Beach. This pic that I posted on page 3 is from this beach.

1600824308559.png

Regarding the vehicles...I'm not sure how specific they're being. We discussed earlier all of the potential cameras in that area. And the transit center. The transit center has a large parking garage with cameras as well. So, somewhere in that area, he was seen arriving in Kassanndra's vehicle. And leaving in a truck. It would only be about a mile and a half walk if he dropped the truck off earlier. But I suspect someone else (girlfriend?) may have either dropped the truck there or picked him up.

My best guess based on this information is that he harmed her, then he went and dumped her phone at the park. Then probably waited for it to get dark, cleaned up etc, and took her to dump her body at this cliff area in her vehicle, and then dumped her vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back