JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori *GUILTY* & Chad Daybell for murder

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
The trial of an Idaho couple charged in the disappearance of two children later found dead will be pushed back to at least the fall.

Lori Vallow's attorney made the request Wednesday during a brief status conference in the case, saying he needed more time to examine evidence in the case.

"Having gone through all the discovery that I have been provided at this point, I still have about 30 items on my list that I need to discuss with [prosecutors] Mr. Wood and Ms. Smith, in terms of items I need them to provide to me," defense lawyer John Prior said. "I don't know how long that is going to take or what that process is going to involve, so my position is simply that I am clearly going to need more time.

A joint trial for the couple had been set for July 12. Judge Steven Boyce agreed Wednesday to vacate that trial date and move it farther back, even as he warned the attorneys that his schedule is rapidly filling up.

"My trial calendar, as I've been advised, is packed through the fall because we're just now starting jury trials again," Boyce said. "There is a lot to get to and some may well take priority over this case in terms of their age or how long somebody has been incarcerated, so we have to look at that."

The new trial date for Vallow and Daybell has not yet been set. The defense attorneys, prosecutors, and Boyce agreed to consult their calendars and come up with a date that fits everyone's schedule.

The trial of an Idaho couple charged in the disappearance of two children later found dead will be pushed back to at least the fall.

Lori Vallow's attorney made the request Wednesday during a brief status conference in the case, saying he needed more time to examine evidence in the case.

"Having gone through all the discovery that I have been provided at this point, I still have about 30 items on my list that I need to discuss with [prosecutors] Mr. Wood and Ms. Smith, in terms of items I need them to provide to me," defense lawyer John Prior said. "I don't know how long that is going to take or what that process is going to involve, so my position is simply that I am clearly going to need more time.

A joint trial for the couple had been set for July 12. Judge Steven Boyce agreed Wednesday to vacate that trial date and move it farther back, even as he warned the attorneys that his schedule is rapidly filling up.

"My trial calendar, as I've been advised, is packed through the fall because we're just now starting jury trials again," Boyce said. "There is a lot to get to and some may well take priority over this case in terms of their age or how long somebody has been incarcerated, so we have to look at that."

The new trial date for Vallow and Daybell has not yet been set. The defense attorneys, prosecutors, and Boyce agreed to consult their calendars and come up with a date that fits everyone's schedule.
What?? First of all it is only April 9th, he still has three months! Then the judge says his calendar is filling, and the case may not take precedence AND they did not schedule a new date due to this immediately? What is it with this case? Maybe they should file murder charges and that will roll along quicker. Yeah, right.

REXBURG — The attorneys for Chad and Lori Vallow Daybell are requesting an expedited court hearing to discuss DNA testing being performed by law enforcement.

In a motion filed Thursday, John Prior, Chad Daybell’s attorney, wrote that Rob Wood, the special prosecutor in the case, sent a message to Prior Wednesday stating Wood intends to have DNA testing done on samples obtained by police. Court documents do not provide details about when or where the samples were obtained, but the bodies of Joshua “JJ” Vallow and Tylee Ryan were discovered buried on Chad Daybell’s property last June. Law enforcement has not yet released their remains to family members.

“(Wood) notified my office…that additional DNA testing would completely consume the remaining DNA evidence obtained by law enforcement. This would preclude the defense from seeking independent testing by their own expert,” Prior wrote.

Prior asked the court to order the prosecution to do the following:

• Not pursue any testing on remaining DNA samples until the defense can obtain half of all samples for their own testing.
  • Provide all records, reports and documentation related to testing that has already been performed.
  • Allow the defendant’s DNA expert to go directly to any lab to review, copy, photograph and document procedures that will be done in the future or have been done in the past.
  • Provide to the defense any and all evidence related to DNA testing in the case.

Prior asked that Judge Steven Boyce schedule a hearing “to avoid the state moving on its intention to consume all DBA evidence prior to the defense having the opportunity to even review such evidence.”

Mark Means, Lori Vallow Daybell’s attorney, filed a motion joining Prior in his request.

Means included a letter sent to Prior from Wood asking for clarification on 30 items Prior says he has not received from the prosecutor.

“I have not received any specific information from you regarding what you are missing in the discovery from the State,” Wood wrote.” You did send two letters regarding discovery in the recent months, and we responded to those requests before our recent status conference. I would note that all the items requested in those letters had already been provided to you or have since been provided to you other than Tammy Daybell’s autopsy report, which the Fremont County Prosecutor has not and will not provide to my office.”

READ MARK MEANS’ MOTION HERE

Tammy Daybell died in Fremont County so Prosecuting Attorney Lindsey Blake is overseeing that death investigation.

A date for the expedited hearing on DNA has not been set.

Annie, Joe Ryan's sister, has a new one out. It is about a week old. I have not watched it yet. I have watched most of hers on this case (maybe even all) but they are never short. This one is about four hours, I thought three was long on one of them. Generally they are interesting enough, it is not like hours of dull at all but they are always very lengthy.

I am posting it for any who want to watch even though I have not done so yet. For myself, I will have to get to it at some point and watch in increments probably. Has anyone already watched it?

Annie, Joe Ryan's sister, has a new one out. It is about a week old. I have not watched it yet. I have watched most of hers on this case (maybe even all) but they are never short. This one is about four hours, I thought three was long on one of them. Generally they are interesting enough, it is not like hours of dull at all but they are always very lengthy.

I am posting it for any who want to watch even though I have not done so yet. For myself, I will have to get to it at some point and watch in increments probably. Has anyone already watched it?

Yeah I’m not watching four hours of it. That’s crazy! But I’ll probably fast forward it and see what I can see. Thank you for letting us know!

I watched the first approximately 75 minutes and it's basically Annie trying to determine 'if' a complete autopsy was done and 'if' Joe's apartment was staged afterwards. However, I did not get thru the entire video so maybe there's more that I just didn't have a chance to listen to.

I watched the first approximately 75 minutes and it's basically Annie trying to determine 'if' a complete autopsy was done and 'if' Joe's apartment was staged afterwards. However, I did not get thru the entire video so maybe there's more that I just didn't have a chance to listen to.
Thanks for the info! I have watched most of hers but never right away generally as they are without fail, always so long. The last one I watched I think was a bit over 3 hours and some time ago. I remember I was interested enough to try to stay awake, I was listening to it on the laptop while having my head laying on the table the last hour, trying to keep my eyes open.

She has touched on the photos and autopsy in some other shows, videos, or as a guest on something else but in her own, she gets really in depth. Not sure when I will get around to this one.

Thanks for the info! I have watched most of hers but never right away generally as they are without fail, always so long. The last one I watched I think was a bit over 3 hours and some time ago. I remember I was interested enough to try to stay awake, I was listening to it on the laptop while having my head laying on the table the last hour, trying to keep my eyes open.

She has touched on the photos and autopsy in some other shows, videos, or as a guest on something else but in her own, she gets really in depth. Not sure when I will get around to this one.
I watched one of hers that was two or three hours long one time. I got a lot of information out of it, but I just don’t have that kind of time, as a rule.

I watched one of hers that was two or three hours long one time. I got a lot of information out of it, but I just don’t have that kind of time, as a rule.
Same. If it wasn't her or this case, I doubt I would watch them. If I see something that long, I tend to skip it. And even then, because I could see how long they were, it was a long time before I did with previous ones. This time, I have not yet, once again. Four hours, like wow.

Annie is good and very likable but I do think maybe splitting them into segments might not hurt. Up to her but it does affect me watching them or not and I am sure others as well.

yeah. That's way beyond my attention span.
It's way beyond mine as well. So, I split it up and finished the the video and there's nothing really that stands out as a must see. Annie is very good in this at portraying Joe as a human being that had issues and was not the monster he was portrayed to be by MSM. So, this video concluded with a few questions however nothing that stood out, imo.

It's way beyond mine as well. So, I split it up and finished the the video and there's nothing really that stands out as a must see. Annie is very good in this at portraying Joe as a human being that had issues and was not the monster he was portrayed to be by MSM. So, this video concluded with a few questions however nothing that stood out, imo.
Thanks for doing that! Now I won't have to wonder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back