JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori *GUILTY* & Chad Daybell for murder

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
I love what Tammy's family is doing. It is notable the kids are not mentioned still. I will leave it at that.

What is Lori's attorney up to or is she behind this? I watched Scott Reisch yesterday and he was commenting on these tweets by her attorney. He had remarks that of course came from the legal knowledge and he is a criminal defense attorney as well. He has more than once said Mark Means is not a criminal defense attorney. State resources as he said are always more generally than the defense has so that is not an odd thing. He also said Means needs to step down then so she can have the resources of the Public Defender's Office (paraphrased).

The mention of David and Melanie is interesting. Is this some veiled thing from Lori that they were involved and could go down as well? Or that they are going to be part of the defense/blame??? They were ODD tweets...

Is this attorney clueless or is there some game behind this? I mean I guess there is always the argument of ineffective counsel but that comes on appeal which would mean only after Lori was convicted...

I also find it somewhat hard to believe he is being paid or Lori has anything to pay him unless family is helping or something... So why is it he stays on the case...? I believe initially he was representing both Chad and Lori...

This continues to be a very strange case. I am irritated no further charges have resulted yet...

Well this is a bit interesting. This guy says more than once on here he has it from an LE officer close to the investigation that they believe they have enough to charge Lori and Chad for conspiracy to commit second degree murder and a plan to kill Charles (premeditated) in both physical evidence and digital evidence. He thinks they are likely waiting to see how the other charges they are facing now play out or are crossing all Ts and dotting all Is...

I sure hope this is the case and they do intend to charge them at some point.

It is only 11 minutes... There is a bit more on it as well.

Judge rules Lori and Chad Daybell's cases be combined, tried together​

District Judge Steven Boyce ruled Thursday that Lori Vallow Daybell and Chad Daybell's cases can be combined and tried together.

Prosecuting Attorney Rob Wood argued that both of them are facing similar charges, and combining the proceedings would lower the cost to the state.

Chad's attorney, John Prior, said he worried that combining the trials would increase media attention and make it harder to find an impartial jury.

Prior has also filed a motion to dismiss the charges. That hearing is scheduled for the end of November.

So Lori says that in the book of Mormon, if somebody bothers you three times, it's okay to kill them. That's according to this new recording of her speaking. I can't remember when that was recorded, seems like it was 2018? I'll have to watch it again. I got interrupted while I was watching it last night.

Judge rules Lori and Chad Daybell's cases be combined, tried together​

District Judge Steven Boyce ruled Thursday that Lori Vallow Daybell and Chad Daybell's cases can be combined and tried together.

Prosecuting Attorney Rob Wood argued that both of them are facing similar charges, and combining the proceedings would lower the cost to the state.

Chad's attorney, John Prior, said he worried that combining the trials would increase media attention and make it harder to find an impartial jury.

Prior has also filed a motion to dismiss the charges. That hearing is scheduled for the end of November.
Lori should be estatic! She gets to be near her man.

Ryan died on April 3, 2018, at age 58. His body was not found for more than a week. His cause of death was listed as a heart attack, but as in the case of Tammy Daybell, a formal autopsy wasn’t performed at the time. (Tammy Daybell’s body was exhumed in December 2019 for an autopsy after officials deemed her death suspicious.)
But there’s plenty of evidence Lori Vallow wanted Ryan dead. Ryan was Tylee’s father.
In 2007, more than two years after Lori Vallow and Ryan divorced, her brother Alex Cox made an attempt on his ex-brother-in-law’s life, using a stun gun on him and threatening to kill him, according to court documents. A year later, Cox served three months in jail after pleading guilty to aggravated assault on Joseph Ryan.

A recently discovered audio recording indicates Cox was not the only one who wanted Ryan dead. According to the recording’s metadata, it was recorded Oct. 19, 2018. Cushing has shared the audio with the Post Register but has not revealed from whom she got it. According to Cushing, someone contacted her with the recording. Cushing said she has verified the source it came from and “100%” believes it is a credible source.

This is HUGE information, IMO! This proves that Lori already had it in her that it was okay to kill people to get rid of them WAY before she met Chad. However, when she said she wanted ex-husband Ryan dead, it is believed that Chad was in the room - so perhaps she was grandstanding.

BOISE, Idaho (CBS2) — Phoenix police investigators say they will launch a new review into the death of "doomsday mom" Lori Vallow's third husband Joseph Ryan.

Ryan reportedly died of a heart attack in 2018, but police say a new tape has surfaced allegedly catching Vallow saying she wanted to kill him.

Ryan was Lori Daybell's third husband and father to Tylee Ryan. Tylee, 17, and her brother Joshua "JJ" Vallow, 7, were found dead and buried on the property of Lori's current husband Chad Daybell in early June.

Court documents obtained earlier by International Business Times and Daily Mail reveal Lori Vallow was previously sued by Joseph Ryan for hiding their daughter, Tylee.

This happened more than a decade before Vallow was charged for failing to produce the two children to Idaho authorities.

Ryan took legal action after Lori Vallow reportedly failed to keep her end of their custody agreement, which included Ryan seeing his daughter during summer school break and several different weekends, and living within 100 miles of his ex-wife.

The 2006 court filing outlined these terms approved by a court a year earlier.

The lawsuit asked the court to fine Vallow, hold her in contempt and send her to jail for 18 months for ignoring the custody order.

This led to a dispute between Ryan and his former brother-in-law Alex Cox, during which Ryan was assaulted with a stun gun. Cox pleaded guilty to aggravated assault and was sentenced to three months in jail.

The custody battle dragged on for 12 years until 2018 when Ryan died of a reported heart attack. His death was previously investigated by the Idaho Attorney General's Office after Tylee and JJ's disappearance and a string of other unexpected deaths.

Daybell's fourth husband, Charles Vallow, and her new husband Chad Daybell's late wife, Tammy Daybell, all died under mysterious circumstances. Cox's death was also being investigated and his cause of death was ruled to be from a pulmonary blood clot.

I'm so glad this is happening! I've been hoping they would look deeper into Joseph's death from the moment I heard about it.

BOISE, Idaho (CBS2) — Phoenix police investigators say they will launch a new review into the death of "doomsday mom" Lori Vallow's third husband Joseph Ryan.

Ryan reportedly died of a heart attack in 2018, but police say a new tape has surfaced allegedly catching Vallow saying she wanted to kill him.

Ryan was Lori Daybell's third husband and father to Tylee Ryan. Tylee, 17, and her brother Joshua "JJ" Vallow, 7, were found dead and buried on the property of Lori's current husband Chad Daybell in early June.

Court documents obtained earlier by International Business Times and Daily Mail reveal Lori Vallow was previously sued by Joseph Ryan for hiding their daughter, Tylee.

This happened more than a decade before Vallow was charged for failing to produce the two children to Idaho authorities.

Ryan took legal action after Lori Vallow reportedly failed to keep her end of their custody agreement, which included Ryan seeing his daughter during summer school break and several different weekends, and living within 100 miles of his ex-wife.

The 2006 court filing outlined these terms approved by a court a year earlier.

The lawsuit asked the court to fine Vallow, hold her in contempt and send her to jail for 18 months for ignoring the custody order.

This led to a dispute between Ryan and his former brother-in-law Alex Cox, during which Ryan was assaulted with a stun gun. Cox pleaded guilty to aggravated assault and was sentenced to three months in jail.

The custody battle dragged on for 12 years until 2018 when Ryan died of a reported heart attack. His death was previously investigated by the Idaho Attorney General's Office after Tylee and JJ's disappearance and a string of other unexpected deaths.

Daybell's fourth husband, Charles Vallow, and her new husband Chad Daybell's late wife, Tammy Daybell, all died under mysterious circumstances. Cox's death was also being investigated and his cause of death was ruled to be from a pulmonary blood clot.

I'm so glad this is happening! I've been hoping they would look deeper into Joseph's death from the moment I heard about it.
Man, we already know what a NOT class act she is but I did not know the custody was going on for 12 years and until Joe died. Now something is wrong with our courts, one has to admit, that a child (say the child is six) can basically grow up over 12 years of fighting it out without resolution in the courts, what good does that do the wronged parent? Otherwise someone kept filing again and again and continuing it or both did...

I think we are all waiting to see more serious charges against the Daybell duo and thought by now we would have seen such.

Man, we already know what a NOT class act she is but I did not know the custody was going on for 12 years and until Joe died. Now something is wrong with our courts, one has to admit, that a child (say the child is six) can basically grow up over 12 years of fighting it out without resolution in the courts, what good does that do the wronged parent? Otherwise someone kept filing again and again and continuing it or both did...

I think we are all waiting to see more serious charges against the Daybell duo and thought by now we would have seen such.
Tell me about it! My ex-step children are victims of two battling parents. As adults, they're a hot mess. It doesn't help the kids one bit. I often wished that the courts would intervene, but they didn't.

Tell me about it! My ex-step children are victims of two battling parents. As adults, they're a hot mess. It doesn't help the kids one bit. I often wished that the courts would intervene, but they didn't.
I don't know what the answer is but in many respects, I honestly feel like custody and divorce do not belong in court. Of course trying to change that, people in power would just create another system that was all bureaucratic and does not work. Our courts also are way too slow in cases as we see all of the time, justice takes a long time, and divorce and custody overload dockets and are highly charged and emotional. It is also unfair to the poorer parent as in criminal proceedings there is always a public defender/free lawyer option, in divorce, the better parent often was the caretaker and not the breadwinner for instance and attorneys are expensive.

I have seen too like you say about your stepkids, what battling does to children. I have also seen what missing one parent or having one that does not care to see them or leaves them does to children.

I wonder how Lori paid to fight Joe--again attorneys are expensive, I suppose being married to Charles was how. I have to wonder about money throughout in this case and of course it sounds like having JJ brought money in. I don't even know or understand what Charles did that they had the income they apparently did. I mean they went and did some little juice bar or something in Hawaii didn't they for a year or two? I never got the impression it was overly profitable. Clearly he did something else as well but I do not think I have ever heard of exactly what that was.

I don't know what the answer is but in many respects, I honestly feel like custody and divorce do not belong in court. Of course trying to change that, people in power would just create another system that was all bureaucratic and does not work. Our courts also are way too slow in cases as we see all of the time, justice takes a long time, and divorce and custody overload dockets and are highly charged and emotional. It is also unfair to the poorer parent as in criminal proceedings there is always a public defender/free lawyer option, in divorce, the better parent often was the caretaker and not the breadwinner for instance and attorneys are expensive.

I have seen too like you say about your stepkids, what battling does to children. I have also seen what missing one parent or having one that does not care to see them or leaves them does to children.

I wonder how Lori paid to fight Joe--again attorneys are expensive, I suppose being married to Charles was how. I have to wonder about money throughout in this case and of course it sounds like having JJ brought money in. I don't even know or understand what Charles did that they had the income they apparently did. I mean they went and did some little juice bar or something in Hawaii didn't they for a year or two? I never got the impression it was overly profitable. Clearly he did something else as well but I do not think I have ever heard of exactly what that was.
I don't think Joe was a saint, though. I saw an interview with Colby Ryan and he insinuated that there was some sexual abuse going on. I don't remember him going into detail, so I'm not sure what that was all about. Did CR see the abuse? Or was he told about it via his mother?

I don't think Joe was a saint, though. I saw an interview with Colby Ryan and he insinuated that there was some sexual abuse going on. I don't remember him going into detail, so I'm not sure what that was all about. Did CR see the abuse? Or was he told about it via his mother?
I don't know. I think I saw that as well. I did wonder if Colby at that point he did not want to entirely expose his mother (weren't the kids still "missing", I think, can't recall with all of the info in this case). Maybe he still hoped he could get her to talk and still had hope she had not done something to them. He also could have been influenced at a young age and believe it. Or it really happened and Joe did it.

I also remember him agreeing that his mother in some ways treated him more like a mate or a bf than a son (paraphrasing, I don't recall the exact words)...

I get what you mean though. I realize in a lot of these cases, I tend to think of many victims as saints and see many others do the same. Although they do not deserve to be murdered, ever, no one is a saint or perfect. Like with Charles, although Lori is a nut case, I can believe with his travels that most of the care of JJ fell on her. That is not to say she never put it on a caregiver or Tylee but if Melanie Gibb and others are to be believed, even Annie and Kay, she was very good with him and they never saw her otherwise. Lord knows I am not defending Lori, I can't stand the woman, but some details like that could still be true.

Leticia Stauch too clearly resented having the care of Gannon and his sister with Al gone a lot.

In no way am I excusing them, there is NO excuse for what they did, they are evil, but I can believe those parts of the relationships may be true.

This and other articles are saying they are actually calling Lori a person of interest now in Joseph Ryan's death. It is not exactly a charge but it is something. I note in the article he died in April of 2018 and it was in October of 2018 she was on that recording going on about how she had wanted to kill him... At one point anyhow...

This and other articles are saying they are actually calling Lori a person of interest now in Joseph Ryan's death. It is not exactly a charge but it is something. I note in the article he died in April of 2018 and it was in October of 2018 she was on that recording going on about how she had wanted to kill him... At one point anyhow...

Probably because of the recording where she says:

“He was constantly trying to get custody of my 3-year-old daughter,” Vallow allegedly said in the recording. “If he comes against you once, if he comes against you twice, if he comes against you three times then you can kill him, it says it in the scriptures.”

Probably because of the recording where she says:

“He was constantly trying to get custody of my 3-year-old daughter,” Vallow allegedly said in the recording. “If he comes against you once, if he comes against you twice, if he comes against you three times then you can kill him, it says it in the scriptures.”
Yes, she is pretty clear that she in her opinion found a way to convince herself murder is okay in God's eyes. On a bit more reading it also lists Alex as a POI. It also states more physical evidence is unlikely as Joe was cremated but they can do things like look for activities and whereabouts of Lori and Alex in that time frame--hopefully anyhow. I was a bit happy about the POI thing but whether we will see charges remains to be seen...

Yes, she is pretty clear that she in her opinion found a way to convince herself murder is okay in God's eyes. On a bit more reading it also lists Alex as a POI. It also states more physical evidence is unlikely as Joe was cremated but they can do things like look for activities and whereabouts of Lori and Alex in that time frame--hopefully anyhow. I was a bit happy about the POI thing but whether we will see charges remains to be seen...
Seeing that she justified murder before even meeting Chad is soooo creepy. Chad would have been better off separating his trial from hers after all.

Seeing that she justified murder before even meeting Chad is soooo creepy. Chad would have been better off separating his trial from hers after all.
I think when it come to Joe Chad won't have anything to worry about since apparently they met in the fall of 2018 and Joe died in April. However, in looking that up just now, Melanie Gibb said she met Lori in October of 2018. She then said Lori met Chad a few weeks later... Would that be October or November I wonder...? My point is wasn't Chad present at Lori's recording, had she met him yet or just met him...? That does not take us back to April when Joe died but it makes me question that we only know when they allegedly met per Melanie Gibb... It means that Lori's talk of murder and justifying it was said immediately in front of Chad at minimum...

Anyhow, I can see why they did not separate this particular trial over the children because the charges are basically identical along with most of the evidence... I doubt though they will be able to bring him into Joe's if she is charged, unless she ever confessed to him or knew him longer than we know.

I see the two both as equally evil. But yes she may have been killing prior to meeting him.

I think it is likely Melanie or David gave that recording to Annie. It was allegedly at a meeting at her home about Preparing the People...

Not sure this post made any sense lol.

I think when it come to Joe Chad won't have anything to worry about since apparently they met in the fall of 2018 and Joe died in April. However, in looking that up just now, Melanie Gibb said she met Lori in October of 2018. She then said Lori met Chad a few weeks later... Would that be October or November I wonder...? My point is wasn't Chad present at Lori's recording, had she met him yet or just met him...? That does not take us back to April when Joe died but it makes me question that we only know when they allegedly met per Melanie Gibb... It means that Lori's talk of murder and justifying it was said immediately in front of Chad at minimum...

Anyhow, I can see why they did not separate this particular trial over the children because the charges are basically identical along with most of the evidence... I doubt though they will be able to bring him into Joe's if she is charged, unless she ever confessed to him or knew him longer than we know.

I see the two both as equally evil. But yes she may have been killing prior to meeting him.

I think it is likely Melanie or David gave that recording to Annie. It was allegedly at a meeting at her home about Preparing the People...

Not sure this post made any sense lol.
Yes, supposedly Chad was at that meeting when the recording occurred. For that reason, at first I wondered if Lori was boasting to show her "loyalty" in their cause. One thing for sure, they are both evil. We can easily agree on that opinion!

Yes, supposedly Chad was at that meeting when the recording occurred. For that reason, at first I wondered if Lori was boasting to show her "loyalty" in their cause. One thing for sure, they are both evil. We can easily agree on that opinion!
That same thing crossed my mind, showing loyalty, willingness to kill even to Chad and/or their cause...

While we don't know that Chad killed prior to meeting Lori, I did come across something back when that was interesting but it was rumor so I never shared it. Let's just say it left me wondering if he had killed before as well...

Daybell trial in case of missing Idaho children postponed to July​

The trial for Lori and Chad Daybell — parents of the missing Idaho children who were later found dead — has been postponed to July 7, seven months after its original January date. The couple faces trial on charges alleging they worked together to hide the bodies of their children after their deaths.

The trials were originally scheduled for January, but were postponed after a judge combined the cases in October.

It’s unclear how long the trial will last; the judge scheduled a pretrial conference for the Daybells on Jan. 6, 2021.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back