Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.
Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.
The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.
Written timeline of events
- April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
- December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
- February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
- February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
- June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
- July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
- August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
- September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
- September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
- September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
- September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
- October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
- October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
- October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
- October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
- Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
- November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
- November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
- December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
- December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
- December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
- January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
- January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee
REXBURG — Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua "JJ" Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.
edited by staff to add new media link
Last edited by a moderator: