TN JOE CLYDE DANIELS: Missing from Dickson, TN - 4 April 2018 - Age 5 *GUILTY*

1582428006689.png

Dad beat autistic son Joe Clyde Daniels to death, hid his body in remote area: affidavit

Violent details have been released in the murder of 5-year-old Joe Clyde Daniels.

According to an affidavit, Joe's father, Joseph Ray Daniels, confessed to police that he beat his non-verbal, autistic son to death at their Dickson home on April 4.

Daniels told police that he "struck his son...repeatedly in the body, upper torso, head, and face with closed-fist until his son was deceased," the affidavit says.

Young Joe Clyde died at his residence along Garners Creek Road. Daniels told authorities he put the kindergartner's body in the truck of his car and "disposed" of his son's body in a remote, rural area. As of Monday morning, Joe Clyde's body still hasn't been found after authorities searched through the weekend.

Daniels called 911 to report his son missing.

Joseph Daniels pens letter claiming Joe Clyde was killed by his mother

The father of Joe Clyde Daniels, Joseph Daniels, confessed to killing the 5-year-old autistic boy, but he's now pointing the finger at someone else - his wife, Krystal Daniels.

It's one of a couple of new developments in the case. Joseph Daniels is currently charged with homicide in the death of his son -- mostly based on a confession that Joseph has since recanted.

Media - JOE CLYDE DANIELS: Missing from Dickson, TN since 4 April 2018 - Age 5

Last edited:

Krystal Daniels recants statement about what happened to son, Joe Clyde

In a surprising development in the high-profile Joe Clyde Daniels criminal case, Krystal Daniels is taking back key details she shared with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, according to a report from WTVF.

Details that implicated her husband, Joseph Daniels. That could have big implications in the trial given that there's very little physical evidence.

Their son Joe Clyde disappeared from the family's Dickson County home nearly two years ago. He is assumed to be dead but no remains have ever been found. His father is charged with homicide and his mother is charged with aggravated child neglect.

The TBI says Krystal told them she found her husband standing with fists clenched over a motionless Joe Clyde. "She said Joseph Daniels did take a swing at her. He didn't hit her and told her that if she told anybody that he would kill her," testified TBI agent Joe Boyd in court hearing in 2018.

That incriminating statement is key to the prosecution.

But now Krystal says she's taking that story back .

"Yes, I am very frustrated. And just, you know. And I do understand that if I wouldn't have ... if I wouldn't have felt pressured, um, at the time of the interview that was done with TBI I was not on my mental health meds and, um, I do feel like I was pressured," she told Newschannel 5's Nick Beres. "There's, you know, there's such a thing as false confession and, I mean... I, you know, I regret every bit of what I said."

Legal analyst Nick Leonardo said that complicates the case.

"It's a real mess when you start changing your story like that."

Leonardo said after initially cooperating with the TBI, Krystal seems to now be siding with her husband. And, that could be a problem come trial because it's not the first time that this has happened. Joseph Daniels initially confessed to killing Joe Clyde, but his since recanted.

Krystal and Joseph Daniels are scheduled to stand trial in August. Both remain locked up on one-million-dollars bond each.

1582428329583.png

New video shows outside baby Joe Clyde's house the night he disappeared, trial delayed

New video evidence from the day/night baby Joe Clyde Daniels disappeared has been released in the case and the trial has been delayed.

It's part of the discovery in the case against Joseph Daniels, who is accused of beating his son to death. He allegedly confessed to the beating after Joe Clyde had peed on the floor.

FOX 17 News confirmed the trial date has been delayed due to the volume of discovery. Joseph's lawyer said the newly released video was taken near the Daniels' home. It has a timestamp of April 4, the same day baby Joe's dad reported him missing. Although the video is from a distance, it appears to show lights near the Daniels' home.

Since the video is dark, lawyers are working to enhance it.

Nearly two years later, baby Joe's body still hasn't been found.

VIDEO AVAILABLE AT LINK ABOVE. ALSO:

TBI ends search where 5-year-old Joe Clyde Daniels disappeared

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has completed its search for remains on the property of family members of Joe Clyde Daniels.

TBI and other law enforcement officials have been searching the property of Joe Clyde's grandparents in Dickson County. The 5-year-old reportedly went missing from the family's home nearly two years ago.

He is assumed to be dead but no remains have ever been found. His father is charged with homicide and his mother is charged with aggravated child neglect.

The family told WTVF all the brush the search teams cutaway is gone and the holes investigators dug have all been re-filled. The sheriff's deputy that stood guard overnight during the search is also gone.

Joe Clyde Daniel's grandfather said TBI agents said they found animal bone fragments that were likely the remains of family pets buried in the yard, but did not disclose whether or not anything else was found.

Motion filed to throw out Joseph Daniels’ testimony in missing toddler investigation

Attorneys for the father of missing toddler Joe Clyde Daniels have filed a motion to have his testimony thrown out.

According to CBS affiliate WTVF, during the investigation of the child’s disappearance, Joseph Daniels confessed to detectives but later recanted his statement.

Joseph Daniels testified that he beat the missing child, then placed him in his vehicle to dispose of the body. Investigators never found any physical evidence to support the story, and Daniels never said where he put the body.

Daniels also claimed to have visited a truck stop that night, but no evidence was found to show he did.

Attorney Jake Lockert filed a 30-page motion to have Joseph Daniel’s confession thrown out and a second motion to have his bond lowered to $1,500 due to a lack of evidence.

The motion claims Joseph, who is mentally ill, was coerced into confessing and that there is video evidence to prove it. The motion also claims Krystal Daniels, Joseph’s wife, was coached into making statements against him.

Krystal is also in jail on charges of neglect.

The motion points to a statement made by a witness saying Joseph was seen walking near the road in his pajamas at a time after he allegedly would have killed his son.

Defenders for Joseph Daniels say it is more likely that Joe Clyde Daniels somehow got out of the house as he had in the past and was abducted. The motion points to the fact that several sex-offenders live in the area.

Lockert says his client has been unfairly imprisoned for nearly two years on a $1 million bond.

A judge is expected to rule on the motion in late summer 2020.

Motion filed to throw out Joseph Daniels’ testimony in missing toddler investigation

Attorneys for the father of missing toddler Joe Clyde Daniels have filed a motion to have his testimony thrown out.

According to CBS affiliate WTVF, during the investigation of the child’s disappearance, Joseph Daniels confessed to detectives but later recanted his statement.

Joseph Daniels testified that he beat the missing child, then placed him in his vehicle to dispose of the body. Investigators never found any physical evidence to support the story, and Daniels never said where he put the body.

Daniels also claimed to have visited a truck stop that night, but no evidence was found to show he did.

Attorney Jake Lockert filed a 30-page motion to have Joseph Daniel’s confession thrown out and a second motion to have his bond lowered to $1,500 due to a lack of evidence.

The motion claims Joseph, who is mentally ill, was coerced into confessing and that there is video evidence to prove it. The motion also claims Krystal Daniels, Joseph’s wife, was coached into making statements against him.

Krystal is also in jail on charges of neglect.

The motion points to a statement made by a witness saying Joseph was seen walking near the road in his pajamas at a time after he allegedly would have killed his son.

Defenders for Joseph Daniels say it is more likely that Joe Clyde Daniels somehow got out of the house as he had in the past and was abducted. The motion points to the fact that several sex-offenders live in the area.

Lockert says his client has been unfairly imprisoned for nearly two years on a $1 million bond.

A judge is expected to rule on the motion in late summer 2020.

Hell NO!

Judge unseals warrant issued for search for Joe Clyde Daniels evidence

Court documents were unsealed on Wednesday involving the recent search for evidence in the death of five-year-old Joe Clyde Daniels.

Circuit Court Judge David Wolfe unsealed the search warrant he signed on May 21 for the TBI to search the property of Joseph and Krystal Daniels for evidence.

According to court documents unsealed on Wednesday, investigators found 26 bones and bone fragments, dirt (2 bags) and a root ball and plastic on the Garner Creek Road property where the Daniels’ live. The TBI conducted the search on the property beginning after the search warrant was issued on May 21.

Days after Joe Clyde’s disappearance, Joseph Daniels confessed to beating Joe Clyde, then putting him in the trunk of his car and disposing his body. He said he couldn’t remember where he hid the body.

The TBI reviewed security camera video from across the street from the Daniels’ Tennessee City home that showed that Joseph Daniel’s car never moved that night.

Warrant: Evidence suggests Joseph Daniels confession was false

New details revealed in a warrant obtained by WTVF showed the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation found evidence to show the confession given by Joseph Daniels in the death of his 5-year-old son Joe Clyde Daniels was likely false.

Joseph initially told investigators he had killed Joe Clyde and loaded the body into his Chevrolet Impala to dispose of it. He was charged with homicide because of the confession.

TBI records now show that video evidence found suggests Joseph’s vehicle never left the property that day. Joseph also never testified about where the body was located.

The warrant shows investigators completed a thorough search of the property and never located a body.

Defenders for Joseph Daniels said the court does not have evidence that Joe Clyde Daniels is dead at all, much less sufficient evidence to hold Joesph Daniels on homicide charges.

Defense attorney Jake Lockert said he believes Joseph was coerced into giving the confession and that Joe Clyde was more likely abducted after escaping the family’s home as he often did.

TBI records showed a witness saw a little boy believed to be Joe Clyde standing out in the road around midnight before he disappeared.

Attorney for Joseph Daniels believes baby Joe could still be alive; police debunk sighting

The public defender for the father of Joe Clyde Daniels believes the child may have been abducted and could still be alive following what he called a "possible sighting" which officials have since debunked.

While reviewing 10 terabytes of case discovery in February, attorney Jake Lockhart says his office uncovered that Dickson County authorities did not follow up on a lead out of Benton County. Officials have since told FOX 17 News that police did investigate photos of an unidentified boy spotted in Benton County and determined it was another child.

During a news conference on Thursday, Lockhart said the assistant manager and manager of Casey’s, a convenience store in Camden, believe they saw baby Joe at the store before an Endangered Child Alert had been issued.

The ladies told Lockhart the child was with a white man with salt and pepper hair who had been traveling in a school bus that had been converted into a camper-like vehicle painted black and white, possibly with out of state tags from Massachusetts or Wisconsin.

The assistant manager described the child as nonverbal and wearing brown cowboy boots matching the description of boots family members say little Joe would often wear.

Both ladies told Lockhart they smiled at the little boy to try to get a reaction, but he had a blank stare and appeared to be dazed. They said he wouldn’t smile or respond to them.

According to the public defender, the assistant manager did not connect her interaction with the little boy to Joe Clyde Daniels until she saw his picture on the news that evening. She reportedly said “that’s the kid I saw in the store” to her husband when she watched information about the Endangered Child Alert.

From there, Lockhart says the women reported the possible sighting to the Benton County Sheriff’s Office and let them know there was surveillance video. The tip was referred to the Dickson County Sheriff’s Office, where Lockhart says it went unanswered. However, District Attorney General Ray Crouch released photos of the sighting at Casey's market taken the day after Joe disappearance and said it wasn't him.

"Law enforcement investigated the lead from Benton County. Photos from Casey's market were received by law enforcement on April 4, 2018. Law enforcement compared photos of Baby Joe to the photos of the unidentified child. A review of the photos shows two distinctly different children. Amongst the distinctions, Baby Joe had short hair, a buzz cut. The unidentified child has much longer hair.

Law enforcement agencies have invested thousands of hours in this case. The T.B.I. and the Dickson County Sheriff's Office have worked tirelessly and will continue to do so. Unfortunately, law enforcement does not get enough credit for their efforts because investigative strategies and details are not broadcast to the public." -
District Attorney General Ray Crouch

(Middle photo is Joe, two side pictures are the other child.)
1596829312267.png

Attorney for Joseph Daniels says he was wrong after release of photos

The attorney for a Dickson County couple, accused of murdering their 5-year-old son, is admitting he was wrong after pictures were released that dispute claims by his new witness.

After the release of the photos, Lockert took to Facebook and said he was wrong. According to his post, his witness "verified that the child in the photos was the child she believed to be Joe Clyde Daniels."

"I was raised to say you're wrong when you're wrong, so I now state the child seen in a store in Benton County was not Joe Clyde Daniels. I wish I had been provided a report stating that photos had been collected from the store as well as being provided the photos from the store. If I had been given a report and photos, I would have shown the photos to the witnesses and immediately verified that Joe Clyde Daniels was not in the Benton County. I apologize for any inconvenience."

TBI told WSMV, an affiliate to 10News, on Thursday "as this remains an open and ongoing investigation, we can’t speak to specifics outside of what’s included in public records."

Witnesses test positive for COVID-19, hearing in Joe Clyde Daniels case postponed

A court hearing in the missing Joe Clyde Daniels case has been postponed due to COVID-19.

Dickson County Court officials tell us Joseph and Krystal Daniels hearing was moved after four TBI agents, who are intended as witnesses, were at a conference and possibly exposed to COVID-19. The agents have to quarantine for 14 days.

The new court date is announced for September 24th, 2020, at the War Memorial Building in Dickson.

Joe Clyde Daniels case: Video shows 5-year-old at sleep study a few weeks before disappearance​

NewsChannel 5 has obtained a copy of exclusive video evidence that is sure to be part of the high-profile Joe Clyde Daniels case.

The video is from when Joe Clyde’s parents took him for a sleep study a few weeks before he disappeared. A sleep study is when doctors observe — and take video to determine sleep patterns.

This was shot in the dark overnight in a sleep lab. You’ll notice Joe Clyde — who is rolling around on his dad — is wearing the same pajamas with a skeleton pattern that he was wearing when he disappeared.

Why the study? I’m told Joe Clyde’s teachers noticed he was always so tired he would sometimes fall asleep in class.

His grandparents say that Joe Clyde was not a sound sleeper and that he would often wake up in the middle of the night and even sometimes wander outside the house.

On more than one occasion he’d be missing from his bed, and they would find Joe Clyde out in the yard. The sleep study was conducted to determine if there were better ways to help the 5-year-old sleep through the night.

So, how does this factor into the case? The grandparents and Joseph Daniels’ attorney have told me that Joe Clyde may have wandered out of the house the night he disappeared, and he possibly was abducted.

It’s likely the jury will see this video at trial for the defense.

VIDEO AT LINK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back