Portugal JOAO JOSE TELES: Missing from Câmara de Lobos, Portugal - 6 Oct 1998 - Age 16

Last edited by a moderator:

1582688427176.png

«Twelve years later, João José Gomes Teles is still missing. The young man, then 16, was last seen on October 6, 1998, in Câmara de Lobos. Since then, the family has been anxious for his return.

João José Gomes Teles has been missing for 12 years. On October 6, 1998, his family lost track of him. The last time they saw him was in Câmara de Lobos, in Largo do Machiqueiro.

Since then, the young Madeiran, a natural and former resident of the Estreito de Câmara de Lobos, then aged 16, has ceased to be seen by his family and friends.

The young man was a ninth-year student at the Estreito de Câmara de Lobos school and at the time of his disappearance, he was wearing blue jeans and a green and yellow checked shirt and black stripes. He wore black rubber shoes and white socks.

Speaking to JM, the missing brother, Vasco Teles, underlines the family's hope of seeing his brother return home and reiterates the call for anyone who knows more information to pass it on to the Judiciary Police or to the family itself.

If he is alive, the young man is 28 years old (he was born on March 1, 1982).

Data on the disappearance of the young man continue to appear on the list of the Judiciary Police, as can be seen on the PJ website, and any information should preferably be communicated to the Funchal Criminal Investigation Department.

In addition to that young man, another Madeiran child is reported missing: Sofia Catarina Andrade de Oliveira, who disappeared on February 22, 2004. He is also a native of Câmara de Lobos. If she is alive, she is eight years old.

1582688501597.png
João José GOMES TELES
  • Date of birth: 01.03.1982
  • Nationality: Portuguese
  • Date of disappearance: 06.10.1998, at the age of 16
  • Country of disappearance: Portugal
  • City of disappearance: Cãmara de Lobos, Madeira
Reporting:
  • Size at disappearance: 160 cm
  • Hair color at disappearance: brown / bruns
  • Disappearing eye color: brown / bruns
  • Body type:
  • Distinguishing marks: The young student was in the ninth year of school in Câmara de Lobos. At the time of his disappearance, he was wearing blue jeans and a checkered shirt with green, yellow and black stripes. He wore rubber shoes and black and white socks.
  • Circumstance: Was last seen in Camara de Lobos, in Largo Machiqueiro.
Responsible authorities:

The other case already takes more than 12 years of uncertainty, of suffering. Last Tuesday, Maria da Conceição Teles ordered a mass to be celebrated by the intention of her son João José. It is her 29th birthday. Maria da Conceição went to church alone. He sees his son's photograph repeatedly and then asks himself: 'where are you, my son?'. "I have no idea," she ends up answering. "If he ran away, I had no reason. I was so friendly with him."

The family lived in an old house. João shared a double bed with his three brothers for years. I was ashamed to take my friends there. When he disappeared, the parents had already managed to give each child a bed, even though they shared the same room. That day, on October 6, 1998, at 16, João was going to enroll in the 9th grade. "The road to the Escola do Estreito was the same as always. The bus stop was five minutes from home. He got off at Machiqueiro square and then evaporated" - says the older brother, Vasco Teles. "It is very different to have a loved one who died of another who has disappeared. There are many unanswered questions on the part of the GNR and the PJ. In this country what reigns is power, we are poor", he laments.

There remains the mother's superhuman resistance: "I only die when he gets home". It is in parents who have aged for years that the visible marks of the disappearance of their children remain, even today, never found.

FaefEXRl.jpg

NiYE6HO.jpg

Câmara de Lobos, Portugal

fg2K58Jl.jpg

mHOyCER.gif

Câmara de Lobos is a municipality, parish and town in the south-central coast of the island of Madeira. Technically a suburb of the much larger capital city of Funchal, it is one of the larger population centres and an extension of the Funchal economy. Wikipedia

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back