OH JAMES HUTCHINSON: Missing from Middletown, OH - 28 Feb 2021 - Age 6 *ARREST*

1639627877319.png

Police: 6-year-old boy missing in Middletown
Middletown Police are searching for a missing 6-year-old boy named James.

He was last seen in the area of Crawford Street, though new information to police has led them outside the city limits.

James is approximately 3’ tall and 42 lbs. He has dark blond/reddish hair and blue eyes.

He was last seen wearing a red shirt with blue and red Batman pajama pants.

Middletown police expand search for missing 6-year-old​

A 6-year-old boy is missing from Middletown, Ohio, police said in a Facebook post on Sunday.

The child, who was identified only by his first name, James, was last seen in the area of Crawford Street, police said initially. Police now say new information has shifted the search outside the city limits.

Attachments

• 1614565106950.png
    1614565106950.png
    216.1 KB · Views: 1,169
Last edited:

Mother who admitted to fatally running over her 6-year-old 'not showing much remorse,' police said​

The Middletown mother who admitted she tried to abandon her 6-year-old son, ran him over and then dumped his body in the Ohio River "is not showing much remorse," police said Monday.

Search and rescue teams are now searching for James Hutchinson's near Lawrenceburg, Indiana where they believe his body was thrown into the water Saturday night, Middletown Police Chief David Birk said.

During a Monday news conference, Birk said his detectives felt the situation was “unusual” after Brittany Gosney, James' mother, and her boyfriend James Hamilton reported James missing to police at the Middletown Police lobby at 10:16 a.m. Sunday.

The couple said he was wearing a red shirt and Batman pants, but Birk said they had conflicting stories.

He said eventually both admitted that James was dead.

On Friday, she took James and his older brother and sister, both second-graders, to Rush Run Park in Preble County, Birk said. He said she intended to leave James there, but it is unclear what she meant to do with her other children. They were unharmed.

She took his body and her two other children home to Crawford Street in Middletown where they lived with Hamilton, Birk said.

The chief said Gosney and Hamilton waited until Saturday night, after the other children were asleep, to load James's body back into the car and drive him to the river. The next morning they reported him missing.
These parents that keep killing their children are freaking me out at this point. Is it getting worse?

These parents that keep killing their children are freaking me out at this point. Is it getting worse?
You know I was just actually thinking a week or so back that it has quieted down with cases and those with children especially and then here we go again. For some time there in the last year there was like one after another with autism to the point one had to wonder, and then there were several children who drowned like the little girl and her little brother, etc. It was soooo many.

Is it worse? It's been crazy for a lot of the past at least year... Or do we just hear more news/cases?

Sickening.

MIDDLETOWN, Ohio — The mother accused of killing her 6-year-old son drove him to a park, told him she was leaving him there and drove off with the boy clinging to the car, “dragging the child for a distance,” according to court documents.

Brittany Gosney, 29, told police that she left Rush Run Park in Preble County after she dragged her son, James Hutchinson, with her car. She returned about 30 minutes later and found him dead in the middle of the parking lot, court documents said.

Gosney then picked up her son’s body and drove to 507 Crawford Street, where she lives with her boyfriend, James Hamilton. She kept his body in an upstairs bedroom until the next day, when she dumped it in the Ohio River, police said. The body has not yet been recovered.
This is so cruel. It even makes you think of other killer 'parents ' that they were not so evil, which is in itself a scary thought.

She tried to abandon them all.... James was just the one who grabbed onto the car. :mad::cry: All for a "man".

Mother arrested for son’s murder claims boyfriend pressured her to get rid of kids, report says​

New details released by police might indicate a possible motive as to why a mother arrested for murder killed her son.

A report from the Preble County Sheriff’s Office states Gosney claimed her boyfriend, 42-year-old James Hamilton, was pressuring her to get rid of her three children.

So, Gosney took 6-year-old James and her two other children to the area of Rush Run Wildlife in Preble County around 3 a.m. Feb. 27, the police report reads.

The mother told police during an interview she planned to get the three kids out of the vehicle and leave them behind.

The three kids were outside of the vehicle when 6-year-old James tried getting back in by grabbing the door handle.

Gosney “slammed the gas,” according to the report. The six-year-old boy was dragged for a distance and ran over, police said.

When Gosney came back to the scene, James was dead, the report said.

The report said she loaded the other two kids and the deceased James back into the van.

Gosney is charged with murder, abuse of a corpse, and tampering with evidence. Hamilton is charged with abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence.

A judge set bond at $1 million for Gosney on Monday, while Hamilton’s bond was set at $100,000.

Both are due back in court on March 8.

She tried to abandon them all.... James was just the one who grabbed onto the car. :mad::cry: All for a "man".

Mother arrested for son’s murder claims boyfriend pressured her to get rid of kids, report says​

New details released by police might indicate a possible motive as to why a mother arrested for murder killed her son.

A report from the Preble County Sheriff’s Office states Gosney claimed her boyfriend, 42-year-old James Hamilton, was pressuring her to get rid of her three children.

So, Gosney took 6-year-old James and her two other children to the area of Rush Run Wildlife in Preble County around 3 a.m. Feb. 27, the police report reads.

The mother told police during an interview she planned to get the three kids out of the vehicle and leave them behind.

The three kids were outside of the vehicle when 6-year-old James tried getting back in by grabbing the door handle.

Gosney “slammed the gas,” according to the report. The six-year-old boy was dragged for a distance and ran over, police said.

The report said she loaded the other two kids and the deceased James back into the van.

Gosney is charged with murder, abuse of a corpse, and tampering with evidence. Hamilton is charged with abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence.

A judge set bond at $1 million for Gosney on Monday, while Hamilton’s bond was set at $100,000.

The return of Susan Smith! :censored:

My Lord. It bites that I am not even surprised. I wondered about his "part". 3 a.m. What did she figure, one knows the kids would know their names and tell someone if and when found. Did she figure she was only leaving them there and CPS would take them away from her? Throw AWAY the key. As to him as well. If he does not want someone with kids, don't go near someone with kids although getting her to do such a thing might be more his "thrill". Sick pieces of you know what.

Disclaimer: I haven't read the article.

Do we know if James was the oldest?

My Lord. It bites that I am not even surprised. I wondered about his "part". 3 a.m. What did she figure, one knows the kids would know their names and tell someone if and when found. Did she figure she was only leaving them there and CPS would take them away from her? Throw AWAY the key. As to him as well. If he does not want someone with kids, don't go near someone with kids although getting her to do such a thing might be more his "thrill". Sick pieces of you know what.
i took it as 3am is when they dumped him in the river?

i sure wonder how long the "unknown amount of time" he laid dead in the bedroom was. Hours or days?

James is the youngest. The other two are 7 and 9.

Sat. Feb. 27:
Around 3 a.m.:
Gosney drives her three children, ages 9, 7, and 6 to Rush Run Wildlife Area in southern Preble County. Gosney told investigators she drove them to this park with the intention of abandoning all three of them, according to investigators. She stated to investigators she was familiar with the area because she and Hamilton had taken the children there before to go fishing.

“Brittany stated she had planned to get the kids out of the vehicle and to leave them behind as Hamilton had been pressuring her to get rid of the kids,” Preble County investigators said in an incident report.

When all three kids were out of the car, Gosney tried to drive away, but Hutchinson grabbed the door handle to the minivan, investigators said in the report.

“Brittany slammed the gas trying to leave the kids and drug Hutchinson, possibly running him over. Brittany turned the vehicle around to check on Hutchinson and he was dead,” investigators said in the Preble County incident report.

Gosney then loaded the two alive children and Hutchinson’s body and drove back to Hamilton’s home in Middletown on Crawford Street.

Hutchinson’s body was placed into a spare bedroom in the house beneath a window.

Sun. Feb. 28:
Around 3 a.m.:
Middletown police said Gosney and Hamilton waited until after the two other kids were asleep during the overnight hours.

While the kids were sleeping, Gosney and Hamilton drove from Middletown to Lawrenceburg, Indiana to dispose of Hutchinson’s body.

Records indicate Gosney and Hamilton said they threw the child’s body into the river from the I-275 bridge that crosses the Ohio River.

Around 10:15 a.m.: Gosney and Hamilton arrive at the Middletown Department of Police to report that Hutchinson is missing. The two told Middletown police they had not seen Hutchinson for several hours and were searching for him.

i took it as 3am is when they dumped him in the river?

i sure wonder how long the "unknown amount of time" he laid dead in the bedroom was. Hours or days?
I was about to answer but see She's timeline answered this. She took all three childrenat 3 a.m. to leave them all but now I see they used that time when they went to dispose of him too on the next day. Must be a quiet time at the park I guess since they seem to favor that time of the morning. This is really a horrible case, I guess one good thing is the other children are alive and out of their hands.

Sat. Feb. 27:
Around 3 a.m.:
Gosney drives her three children, ages 9, 7, and 6 to Rush Run Wildlife Area in southern Preble County. Gosney told investigators she drove them to this park with the intention of abandoning all three of them, according to investigators. She stated to investigators she was familiar with the area because she and Hamilton had taken the children there before to go fishing.

“Brittany stated she had planned to get the kids out of the vehicle and to leave them behind as Hamilton had been pressuring her to get rid of the kids,” Preble County investigators said in an incident report.

When all three kids were out of the car, Gosney tried to drive away, but Hutchinson grabbed the door handle to the minivan, investigators said in the report.

“Brittany slammed the gas trying to leave the kids and drug Hutchinson, possibly running him over. Brittany turned the vehicle around to check on Hutchinson and he was dead,” investigators said in the Preble County incident report.

Gosney then loaded the two alive children and Hutchinson’s body and drove back to Hamilton’s home in Middletown on Crawford Street.

Hutchinson’s body was placed into a spare bedroom in the house beneath a window.

Sun. Feb. 28:
Around 3 a.m.:
Middletown police said Gosney and Hamilton waited until after the two other kids were asleep during the overnight hours.

While the kids were sleeping, Gosney and Hamilton drove from Middletown to Lawrenceburg, Indiana to dispose of Hutchinson’s body.

Records indicate Gosney and Hamilton said they threw the child’s body into the river from the I-275 bridge that crosses the Ohio River.

Around 10:15 a.m.: Gosney and Hamilton arrive at the Middletown Department of Police to report that Hutchinson is missing. The two told Middletown police they had not seen Hutchinson for several hours and were searching for him.

I am thinking from the wording the 9 and 7 year old were left at home while they disposed of James remains. While the surviving children were fortunate they weren't hurled from the bridge, they were presumably left home alone for at least 2 hours.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210302-220853_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20210302-220853_Maps.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 2
I am thinking from the wording the 9 and 7 year old were left at home while they disposed of James remains. While the surviving children were fortunate they weren't hurled from the bridge, they were presumably left home alone for at least 2 hours.
Nothing about these two shows responsible parenting at all does it? And while I don't always come down on just the mother, he is a bf and she is the mother. Left the other two home alone while they traveled that far to get "rid" of their brother??? Throw away the key!!! For both of them. We know from what has been said, these other two children would have been next. Maddening!

These people treat children like chattel. I have to wonder why? Can we find out why so we can figure out which people shouldn’t be around children?

Sat. Feb. 27:
Around 3 a.m.:

Sun. Feb. 28:
Around 3 a.m.:

Thanks.

So 3am seems to be a commonality with these "adults". I figured that this park incident must have happened at night but I don't have any clue as to what they thought was going to happen with them by leaving them, especially since they were older. It's not like they were toddlers, which I was picturing.

So that is the guy that the "mom" thought was worth getting rid of her kids for????

These people treat children like chattel. I have to wonder why? Can we find out why so we can figure out which people shouldn’t be around children?
That would sure be nice. I don't see it ever happening though sadly. This case is horrible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deanna Reilly
Back