OH JAMES HUTCHINSON: Missing from Middletown, OH - 28 Feb 2021 - Age 6 *ARREST*

1639627877319.png

Police: 6-year-old boy missing in Middletown
Middletown Police are searching for a missing 6-year-old boy named James.

He was last seen in the area of Crawford Street, though new information to police has led them outside the city limits.

James is approximately 3’ tall and 42 lbs. He has dark blond/reddish hair and blue eyes.

He was last seen wearing a red shirt with blue and red Batman pajama pants.

Middletown police expand search for missing 6-year-old​

A 6-year-old boy is missing from Middletown, Ohio, police said in a Facebook post on Sunday.

The child, who was identified only by his first name, James, was last seen in the area of Crawford Street, police said initially. Police now say new information has shifted the search outside the city limits.

Attachments

• 1614565106950.png
    1614565106950.png
    216.1 KB · Views: 1,169
Last edited:

Sheriff hopes to resume Ohio River search this week for bodies of 2 missing boys​

Authorities say they hope to resume a search along the Ohio River this week for the bodies of two missing children.

Crews will be on and in the water as soon as it’s safe in the hopes of finding the remains of James Hutchinson and 3-year-old Nylo Lattimore, Preble County, Sheriff Mike Simpson told FOX19 NOW on Tuesday.

Crews were last in the water on Wednesday, March 17.

Not a lot new in here but a bit. Apparently there is a fourth child who was in foster care.

The child's father is devastated by the loss of the boy he adored. "He was really funny," Lewis Hutchinson told WKRC. "He just brought joy to everybody … he was a great kid. He was my world."
He also said the boy didn't have to die.
"All she had to do was give him to me," Hutchinson told WKRC. "She could have dropped him off at my sister's house. I don't understand what would drive somebody to be a monster like that."

So the moronic &^%(*@/& of a mother (JMO lol) decides to try and abandon and/or kill her kids and all she had to do was make a phone call???

I bet the father(s) of the other 2 may have been a viable option.

I cry ever single time I read anything about this case or look at sweet , happy looking James with his big smile. RIP James, there are many of us that love you despite never meeting you.

The child's father is devastated by the loss of the boy he adored. "He was really funny," Lewis Hutchinson told WKRC. "He just brought joy to everybody … he was a great kid. He was my world."
"All she had to do was give him to me," Hutchinson told WKRC. "She could have dropped him off at my sister's house. I don't understand what would drive somebody to be a monster like that."

So the moronic &^%(*@/& of a mother (JMO lol) decides to try and abandon and/or kill her kids and all she had to do was make a phone call???

I cry ever single time I read anything about this case or look at sweet , happy looking James with his big smile. RIP James, there are many of us that love you despite never meeting you.
I couldn’t agree with you more! I really hope they throw the book at her.

All cases where a victim who did nothing is murdered make me angry. Some though make me angrier than others. This is one.

Two evil and arguably stupid people. NOT mentally incompetent though. From the day I saw her in court, not grief stricken in any way, say to the judge I don't understand, I have a learning disability, steam has rolled out of my ears and not stopped. I felt right in that moment she has probably said such all her life as any excuse for anything (I am speculating, but it was my feeling) and as if she thought oh, right then and there that was enough she should be released, she just dind't understand...

Well she understood well enough to lie, hide the body, etc. with her "MAN" she had to have and would kill her kids for apparently. Grrr...

Yes, give him to his father. Dump them on anyone's steps and take off. Rotten to the core evil $@#%#$ POS, both of them.

Mother charged with death of 6-year-old son found competent to stand trial​

The mother charged in connection with the death of her 6-year-old son, James Hutchinson, was found competent to stand trial during a hearing Monday morning.

Brittany Gosnney, 29, also waived her right to a speedy trial when she appeared before Butler County Common Pleas Court Judge Noah Powers.

She will return to court May 24.

Court records also show that her trial date was set for May 24 but could be delayed because of her plea.

They also show that Hamilton also faces multiple charges in connection with the incident.

He will return to court on May 24 as well.

Two Ohio boys remain missing: How recovery divers work to find them
Two little boys remain missing, presumably in the Ohio River: Six-year-old James Hutchinson and 3-year-old Nylo Lattimore. The stories of how they both got there are different, but the heartache their communities feel for the loss of life is the same.

Law enforcement told us searches are still being conducted weekly in efforts to bring their bodies back to their families.

Besides a ticking clock, the biggest force working against a rescue or recovery dive team is mother nature. The even bigger threat hanging over their heads is the mental toll that’s taken when a rescue effort turns into recovery.

September trial for mother charged with death of 6-year-old son​

The Middletown mother charged with the death of her 6-year-old son, James Hutchinson, will go on trial Sept. 20, a judge said Monday.

Brittany Gosney, 29, recently was found competent to be tried by a jury of her peers.

Gosney and her boyfriend, James Hamilton, both briefly appeared Monday in Butler County Common Pleas Court. His trial date was set for Oct. 4.

Hamilton told the judge Monday he has been assaulted by the other inmates at the jail. Hamilton’s attorney said his client is in protective custody at the jail.

1622140893241.png

Search resumes along Ohio River for bodies of 2 missing boys​

Authorities are searching the Ohio River Tuesday for the bodies of two missing young boys, according to Preble County Sheriff Mike Simpson.

Cadaver dogs with Hamilton County’s search and rescue dive team and Preble County detectives are walking on the Kentucky side of the river in Boone County in the hope of finding the remains of 6-year-old James Hutchinson and 3-year-old Nylo Lattimore, the sheriff said.

“They are checking an area we felt we needed to check. I don’t know if they are going to get in the water or not,” he said.

Sheriff Simpson said authorities had no new information that prompted Tuesday’s search, they just remain committed to trying to recovering the children’s remains.

“It’s kind of fluid when we go down based on the weather and what we’ve got going on. We’ve been down there a couple times in the last few weeks and have not located them.

“Those two little boys are in that river somewhere. We are not going to give up.”

Grandfather of missing 6-year-old has doubts body was dumped in Ohio River​

It has been nearly six months since James Hutchinson disappeared, and for his grandparents, the pain and grief has been unbearable.

Darryl and Betty Trivett, James’ grandparents and Gosney’s mother and stepfather, have been heartbroken by the loss.

“Part of me just wants to grab ahold of both of them and let them feel what they did to him,” Darryl said. “It hurts me bad because I can’t even say what he felt, her leaving him out, and him scared and trying to get back in. I can’t fathom how he felt.”

For Darryl and Betty, the news of James’ disappearance and death came as a shock. Darryl says Gosney and her three children lived with them for a while, and during that time, they never saw any signs of abuse.

“She would come down here and leave ‘em here, go across the street and get them juices and snacks while they played. I mean it was things parents are supposed to do,” he said.

Although Gosney told police that they put James in the Ohio River after he died, Darryl has his doubts. He is afraid he will not get the chance to bury his grandson before he passes away.

“I think they’ve done something else with his body, and they’re saying that so they won’t find him ‘cause I think he was abused bad,” Darryl said. “That’s the only thing that hurts worse is not knowing where he is. If we can get him laid to rest, at least we know he’s resting peacefully.”

Mother who admitted to fatally running over her 6-year-old 'not showing much remorse,' police said​

The Middletown mother who admitted she tried to abandon her 6-year-old son, ran him over and then dumped his body in the Ohio River "is not showing much remorse," police said Monday.

Search and rescue teams are now searching for James Hutchinson's near Lawrenceburg, Indiana where they believe his body was thrown into the water Saturday night, Middletown Police Chief David Birk said.

During a Monday news conference, Birk said his detectives felt the situation was “unusual” after Brittany Gosney, James' mother, and her boyfriend James Hamilton reported James missing to police at the Middletown Police lobby at 10:16 a.m. Sunday.

The couple said he was wearing a red shirt and Batman pants, but Birk said they had conflicting stories.

He said eventually both admitted that James was dead.

On Friday, she took James and his older brother and sister, both second-graders, to Rush Run Park in Preble County, Birk said. He said she intended to leave James there, but it is unclear what she meant to do with her other children. They were unharmed.

She took his body and her two other children home to Crawford Street in Middletown where they lived with Hamilton, Birk said.

The chief said Gosney and Hamilton waited until Saturday night, after the other children were asleep, to load James's body back into the car and drive him to the river. The next morning they reported him missing.
This is so sick.

😲 Did not expect this.

Brittany Gosney, mother charged with killing James Hutchinson, 6, pleads guilty​

A Middletown mother has pleaded guilty to killing her son and attempting to abandon two other children in a park in February, court officials report.

The body of her son, 6-year-old James Hutchinson, is still missing.

Brittany Gosney initially said she was not guilty by reason of insanity, but she was found competent to stand trial after a psychological evaluation.

The 29-year-old mother faced 16 felony charges ranging from murder to kidnapping to tampering with evidence. On Monday, as part of a plea deal, she admitted to one count of murder and two counts of endangering children, all felony-level offenses.

Hamilton, 43, is facing multiple felonies but those charges do not include murder. A jury trial is scheduled in his case on Oct. 4.

Gosney was not sentenced Monday. She will appear again before Butler County Common Pleas Judge Noah Powers on Sept. 13 for a sentencing hearing.

Middletown spokeswoman Shelby Quinlivan said Monday: "We are still actively searching for James."

If weather permits search teams will be back in the river later this this week, she said.

7 months later: Where the search for James Hutchinson’s body stands​

A guilty plea in the murder case surrounding 6-year-old James Hutchinson doesn’t mean the search for his body is over.

But as the case reaches its conclusion, the search appears stuck in limbo, with authorities and volunteers alike waiting on credible leads.

The months-long search for his body has been intermittent due in part to seasonal floods. It’s also come up empty.

Crews were out in Lawrenceburg as recently as July using a dive team and cadaver dogs in the hopes of finding Hutchinson’s body―as well as that of Nylo Lattimore, 4, also believed to be in the Ohio River.

“Those two little boys are in that river somewhere,” Preble County Sheriff Mike Simpson said. “We are not going to give up.”

“I know that myself, along with the NSI team, would feel better if we could have located James, brought him home and put him to rest,” she said reacting Gosney’s guilty plea on Monday.

Campbell says due to lack of evidence there are no planned searches at this time―but that doesn’t mean she’s giving up.

“We’re 100 percent committed,” she said. “If someone finds something or if there’s an area law enforcement want to go back out and search, absolutely, we will do it.”

Simpson offered the same commitment.

“Anytime we have information that would lead us to try to recover him, we are still going to do that. Each time that our dive team partners have been on the water, we have not come up with anything. It’s frustrating, but if we get information, credible information, hopefully, we will be able to recover James or Nylo for that fact. I’m sure that Cincinnati police are still working that case.”

‘Our goal is to bring them home;’ Sheriff hopeful to find bodies of boys thrown into Ohio River​

The bodies of two area boys thrown into the Ohio River just weeks apart remain missing despite numerous searches by rescue crews and law enforcement over the last several months.

While the searches have so far been unsuccessful since the deaths of Nylo Lattimore and James Hutchinson, Preble County Sheriff Mike Simpson said all agencies involved in the investigation and search efforts remain committed to finding their bodies and bringing them home.

“Those little boys are out there somewhere and we need to bring them home.”

Butler County Prosecutor Mike Gmoser was asked Monday during a news conference after Gosney’s guilty pleas and said he believes Hutchinson’s body is still in the Ohio River, hinting at details that are contained in Hamilton’s case that he was not able to comment on. Gmoser added the conditions in the river remain extreme for search crews.

“I absolutely believe (Hutchinson) is in the river, for the reasons that will become clear later,” Gmoser said.

“As you know from the atmospheric conditions over the past year, that river has been raging. The visibility, as a scuba diver myself, I can tell you, if you dive in the Ohio River when you go to the bottom you’re likely to hit a rock on your facemask. The visibility is almost nothing. When you have a current that is sweeping along as fast as it is, its very difficult to work in those conditions.”

Boyfriend accused in death of 6-year-old James Hutchinson planning to plead guilty to charges​

The boyfriend of a mother who pleaded guilty to killing her 6-year-old son is planning to plead guilty to four of the charges against him.

James Hamilton, 42, had been facing 15 charges including kidnapping, abduction, endangering children, and others. He’s planning to plead guilty to two counts of child endangering and one count each of gross abuse of a corpse and kidnapping.

He would face a maximum of 19 years in prison when he is sentenced at a later date, if the court accepts the plea during a hearing Tuesday afternoon.

James Hamilton pleads guilty to disposing of James Hutchinson's body and other charges
A Middletown man who helped his girlfriend throw her son's lifeless body into the Ohio River has pleaded guilty to charges connected with the murder.

This is the second time in two days the prosecutor tried to make this plea deal. Monday, the proceedings were delayed due to a technical omission in the plea agreement. The prosecutor on Tuesday had all the i's dotted and the t's crossed, and the community is finally nearing the end of this very tragic story.

“What is your plea to that charge?” asked Butler County Common Pleas Judge Noah Powers.

“Guilty,” answered Hamilton

With that, 43-year-old Hamilton sealed his own fate: guilty of kidnapping, two counts of child endangering and gross abuse of a corpse. There were four felony convictions in exchange for 11 counts dropped.

Hamilton’s sentencing is set for October. Gosney will be sentenced in September.

Brittany Gosney, Middletown mother who admitted killing son, James Hutchinson, 6, given 21 years to life in prison​

A Middletown mother was sentenced to at least 21 years in prison Monday after she pleaded guilty to killing her son and attempting to abandon two of her other children in a park in February.

Brittney Gosney was sentenced to 21 years to life in prison in Butler County Common Pleas Court. The indefinite sentence means her final sentence will be determined by the Ohio Parole Board.

A memorial bench was installed at the school on Thursday. Neeley said her staff and students are still coping with what happened.

894f29e6-b058-4bcc-819a-942357aa7415-bench.jpeg

Video from Brittany Gosney's police interview after death of son released
Video from the police interview of the Butler County woman who killed her 6- year-old son was released Friday.

In the three-hour video, Brittany Gosney's story changes from James Hutchinson missing to her leaving him at a park, running him over and then throwing his body into the Ohio River.

"A 6-year-old just doesn't get up and walk out the door," a detective says to Gosney in the video. "There's more to the story than what you're telling me. My partner's talked to James [Hamilton] extensively, and he's coming off this slowly. I would suggest, for you, tell me the truth now."

Middletown mother gives her version of son’s death in police interrogation video​

During an hours-long police interview on the same day Brittany Gosney told police a fake story about her 6-year-old son being missing, the mother of three routed through her purse, applied lip balm, filed her nails, yawned, slumped on the table and sipped on a Pepsi before detectives got her version of James Hutchison’s murder.

The Butler County Prosecutor’s Office has released one of several interrogation interviews of Gosney. The first took place in the Middletown police conference room.

For awhile, Gosney stuck with the story that the Rosa Parks Elementary first-grader was missing. But little by little, as Hamilton was interrogated in a separate room, Gosney gave her confession, although mitigated, to what happened at Rush Run Wildlife Park in Preble County.

During the 3-hour, 19-minute interrogation, Gosney showed no emotion, did not refer to her dead son by name and did not ask if police were searching for her child.

Gosney first told Detective Jon Hoover that James and his siblings went to bed at 9 p.m. and she went to bed soon after. Because she takes medication for anxiety and other things, Gosney said she was “out” until Hamilton woke her and asked if she had seen James.

Hamilton woke up about 4 or 5 a.m. and found the boy was not in the house, Gosney says. Then Hamilton went looking for James and drove around the area.

Hoover noted a young child had been missing since early morning and she didn’t come to the police until six hours later.

“Where do you think the child is now, any ideas?” Hoover asked Gosney.

“I have no idea,” she answered.

After talking with Hamilton, the detective told Gosney that her boyfriend was giving a different version of what happened.

“I am very concerned ... not only for your boy, I am very concerned there is something you are not telling me,” Hoover tells Gosney.

MORE AT LINK

Police release interview tapes of man charged in connection with death of 6-year-old Middletown boy​

The tapes from police interviews with the man who pleaded guilty to charges in connection with the death of a 6-year-old boy in February have been released.

For nearly three hours on back-to-back days, Hamilton sits in the interview room to answer questions. At the same time, Gosney was in another room also being questioned.

He maintains that he never killed Hutchinson, but he helped his girlfriend get rid of her son’s body.

“She wanted something to help hold him down in the water. There’s a brick tied to his chest,” Hamilton explained.

Throughout the interview, Hamilton only becomes emotional after learning that he will be charged.

“Now, I’m going to jail just for helping her,” he said.

Hamilton pleaded guilty to charges of kidnapping, endangering children, and gross abuse of a corpse. He is scheduled to appear in court for sentencing on Oct. 5. Hamilton faces up to 19 years in prison.

Hutchinson’s body still has not been found.

Middletown man gets at least 15 years in killing, kidnapping of girlfriend's children​

A Middletown man was sentenced to 15 to 19 years in prison Tuesday for the kidnapping of his girlfriend's children and for helping dump the body of her youngest son, James Hutchinson, into the Ohio River.

The 6-year-old's body is still missing after seven months of searching.

James Hamilton, 42, pleaded guilty in August to gross abuse of a corpse, kidnapping and two counts of endangering children. The maximum sentence for the charges was 19 years in prison.

Butler County Common Pleas Court Judge Noah Powers called Hamilton's crime "despicable."

"The unspeakable crime cannot be forgiven," Lundy said. "Do you, James Hamilton, know what you single-handedly took away from us?"

She said Gosney's surviving children have been given a "life sentence" due to the abuse they suffered at the hands of Hamilton. She said he alienated the family members of the children for months before helping to cover up a murder.

"The Ohio River is now a huge unmarked grave that no one can visit," Lundy said. "We hope that his name and his contagious smile haunt you for the rest of your life."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back