TX JAMES CHAIREZ: Missing from San Antonio, TX - Jan/Feb 2021 - Age 18 months *Found Deceased**ARREST*

1616639133764.png

1615527285386.png

Missing San Antonio Mom And Baby May Be In Danger, Police Say​

San Antonio police believe a young mom and her baby who have been missing since January may be in danger.

Twenty-year-old Dlanny Chairez and her 18-month-old son, James Avi Chairez, were last seen January 4 in a store in the 7100 block of Marbach Road.

“Through the investigation, detectives now believe they might be in danger and urge anyone with information to contact the San Antonio Police Department Special Victims Unit,” said SAPD officer Alisia Pruneda.

A mother and baby’s disappearance has a family member fearing the worst​

A San Antonio woman is hoping for the safe return of her niece and 18-month-old great-nephew after the two disappeared last month.

San Antonio police said Dlanny Chairez,20, and her son James Avi Chairez, were last seen in the 7600-block of West Military Drive.

Mariesol Gomez said she has tried constantly contacting Chairez but has not received a response.

“She left everything behind,” Gomez said. “It was all in drawers and on the floor. James’s clothes, diapers and toys. Everything.”

Media - D'LANNY CHAIREZ & JAMES CHAIREZ: Missing from San Antonio, TX since Jan/Feb 2021 - Age 20 & 18 months

Last edited:

SAPD: Missing mom and baby may be in danger, new surveillance video released​

There are brand new developments in the case of a missing mom and her baby.

On Thursday, San Antonio Police released surveillance video footage in which the 20-year-old mother can be seen pushing her 18-month-old son at an Alamo City store.

Detectives say they fear Dlanny Reaneille Chairez and James Avi Chairez could be in danger after they were reported missing a few weeks ago. But family members told KENS 5 no one has seen the baby boy since Thanksgiving.

The video was captured Jan. 4 inside a drug store at Marbach Road and Military Drive, police say. Just days ago, SAPD officials said they had no evidence the baby was in any danger.

However, detectives now believe both the mom and baby might be. And local FBI officials say agents are assisting in the case, though to what capacity is unknown.

Mariesol Gomez, Dlanny's aunt, told KENS 5 this week that no one in the family has seen James since November.

"I am not going to give up until I find him," she said.

She said the last time she saw her niece, meanwhile, was the end of February. She said she's been asking Dlanny to see James for months, but the mom kept giving her the runaround.

As for the new developments, Gomez said she keeps praying for their safe return. She said her heart breaks every day for baby James. Police say anyone who wishes to provide information to them can remain anonymous.

'I am not going to give up' | Family hopes to find missing San Antonio mother and baby​

They were reported missing on February 22 and were last seen in the 7600 block of Southwest Military Drive.

SAPD said the mother is an adult and has custodial rights, but they are hoping she will contact them police to let them know they are both alright.

Mariesol Gomez is Dlanny's aunt. She said she hasn't see the baby since Thanksgiving. The great aunt of the child, fears he may not be alive.

"I have no reason to believe that he is at this point," she said. My heart wants to tell me that he is in good hands with somebody. But, my mind races with different scenarios."

Gomez said the last time she saw her niece was around the end of February. Gomez said since November she had been asking her niece to see James.

"I got tired of hearing that he is asleep, or we are not home," she said. "I would go over knock and she wouldn't answer me."

Gomez said not one family member has seen the 18-month-old since November. The family filed a missing person's report on the baby and his mother just a few weeks ago. Gomez said the mother stopped communicating with the family around that time.

The family of James Avi Chairez states that his mother, D'Lanny R Chairez, claims that her 18 month old was adopted, but has failed to provide any proof of a legal adoption.

Family says she deleted 98% of his pictures off social media. Cases of diapers and wipes found in home, all of his clothes, social, shot records, 3 car seats & toys all left behind.

Family states that the mother is not in right state of mind, is suicidal, severely depressed, and avoiding all contact.

Family fears she could of sold him or abandoned him.

Family believes James is in grave danger.

The bio dad of James is in prison for murdering his own mother in 2019.

An 18-year old accused of murdering his own mother is expecting a child of his own.

Since Matthew Dempsey was arrested Tuesday in connection to Mary Helen Dempsey's death, his pregnant girlfriend has been defending him on social media.

His girlfriend, D'Lanny Chairez, as listed in the police report, has been defending his character on Facebook.

This is strange. LE say she has custody and is in her rights to have her child. Her family says she claimed the child was adopted but failed to provide proof of adoption. And then we have the fact she was pregnant (if with this child) and was defending the bf charged with murder.

Can a 20 year old apparently single woman adopt a child?? These days, perhaps...

Why would she have three car seats and cases of diapers?

I hope they are found safe.

The bio dad of James is in prison for murdering his own mother in 2019.

An 18-year old accused of murdering his own mother is expecting a child of his own.

Since Matthew Dempsey was arrested Tuesday in connection to Mary Helen Dempsey's death, his pregnant girlfriend has been defending him on social media.

His girlfriend, D'Lanny Chairez, as listed in the police report, has been defending his character on Facebook.
What a hot mess for this poor child.

This is strange. LE say she has custody and is in her rights to have her child. Her family says she claimed the child was adopted but failed to provide proof of adoption. And then we have the fact she was pregnant (if with this child) and was defending the bf charged with murder.

Can a 20 year old apparently single woman adopt a child?? These days, perhaps...

Why would she have three car seats and cases of diapers?

I hope they are found safe.
she was pregnant with this child when he killed his mom and she is claiming that she adopted this child out, not adopted him herself. People/places could have very well donated the car seats and diapers to her.

What I can't understand that if a parent is in crisis, why they can't at least let the ones that are wanting to care for the child do so until the parent can get their life on track or go off on what ever tangent they want to go on and their child is safe.

she was pregnant with this child when he killed his mom and she is claiming that she adopted this child out, not adopted him herself. People/places could have very well donated the car seats and diapers to her.

What I can't understand that if a parent is in crisis, why they can't at least let the ones that are wanting to care for the child do so until the parent can get their life on track or go off on what ever tangent they want to go on and their child is safe.
I see re the adoption bit. If there is one thing here that comes through loud and clear imo, it is that she wanted no contact with her family. While they last saw her more recently, they had not seen him since at least November, yet LE has sighting of both afterwards and not all that long ago. She also tells family then he is adopted out but LE knows she has custody, is an adult, within her rights and apparently was not denied custody nor had the child taken for any reason.

I am not sticking up for her but perhaps the family is trying to take him away from her or wanted her to put him up for adoption and that would explain her not leaving him with them and her claims of adoption. Just speculation and again she had him with at the store, she clearly had diapers in the home, etc. All I mean is despite who her bf is or was, I don't see much to indicate the child is necessarily in danger or even that they are necessarily "missing" in the true sense of the word if she was recently in a store with the child. Family had not seen the child recently but apparently elsewhere he was seen so clearly she did not want the child around them.

However, they could be in danger and it could be bad. I am just saying I have some hope in this one.

I see re the adoption bit. If there is one thing here that comes through loud and clear imo, it is that she wanted no contact with her family. While they last saw her more recently, they had not seen him since at least November, yet LE has sighting of both afterwards and not all that long ago. She also tells family then he is adopted out but LE knows she has custody, is an adult, within her rights and apparently was not denied custody nor had the child taken for any reason.

I am not sticking up for her but perhaps the family is trying to take him away from her or wanted her to put him up for adoption and that would explain her not leaving him with them and her claims of adoption. Just speculation and again she had him with at the store, she clearly had diapers in the home, etc. All I mean is despite who her bf is or was, I don't see much to indicate the child is necessarily in danger or even that they are necessarily "missing" in the true sense of the word if she was recently in a store with the child. Family had not seen the child recently but apparently elsewhere he was seen so clearly she did not want the child around them.

However, they could be in danger and it could be bad. I am just saying I have some hope in this one.
She might have valid reasons and if she does, I hope she does a check in with LE to let them get the message to family that the no contact is a choice she is making and all is well. I sure get that sometimes you just have to get some people out of your life and they deserve no explanation, whether they are family or not. Been there and I probably care about them more now since I don't have to deal with the drama.

She might have valid reasons and if she does, I hope she does a check in with LE to let them get the message to family that the no contact is a choice she is making and all is well. I sure get that sometimes you just have to get some people out of your life and they deserve no explanation, whether they are family or not. Been there and I probably care about them more now since I don't have to deal with the drama.
I agree, I learned that some time ago. I realize in this case, I am putting out the best possible case scenario and it may not be the case. It does stand out to me though that it is the family saying things like she may have sold him, she is not right, they are in danger, etc. far more so than any LE...

On the flip side, she is young and may not have much for resources and it might not be the best situation or she is not the best parent and perhaps something bad did happen. All I really see for sure though is she wanted no part of being around family or so it appears.

The responsible thing would be for her though to contact LE or someone she trusts to confirm the safety of both.

At least the baby looks well nourished and taken care of well in the pics and he can be seen feeding himself a bottle on the fairly recent video (months after family had last seen him). I do believe that they need to be found and accounted for though and then she could freely tell somebody why she was avoiding family or intervention happening if needed.

At least the baby looks well nourished and taken care of well in the pics and he can be seen feeding himself a bottle on the fairly recent video (months after family had last seen him). I do believe that they need to be found and accounted for though and then she could freely tell somebody why she was avoiding family or intervention happening if needed.
Yes, that's another thing I am taking as positive. He was not a newborn, I imagine she has raised him to this age herself and apparently as far as we know, she has had no issues with her custody so I am HOPEFUL she takes good care of him. And yes, that she provides some proof to at least LE that they are fine so all worried can know at least that. Praying...

VIDEO: Missing mother spotted riding VIA bus for hours

New video was uncovered on Monday showing a woman who has been missing for weeks.

D’Lanny Chairez and her 18-month-old son, James Chairez, have been missing from their West Side home since early January.

On Monday, the San Antonio Police Department released surveillance video showing D’Lanny riding a VIA bus on February 24, 2021. A report from SAPD stated she rode the bus for hours before getting off at the North Star Transit station. The video appeared to show D’Lanny by herself.

Police: New lead in missing mother case in San Antonio​

There's a new lead in the case of a missing San Antonio mother, police said. According to the San Antonio Police Department, there's surveillance video showing the woman riding a VIA bus on the city's north side.

Over the weekend, detectives discovered video footage of D'Lanny Chairez riding a VIA bus. The video is from February 24, 2021. SAPD said she rode the bus for several hours before exiting at the North Star Transit Center station near the North Star Mall along Loop 410.

Investigators believe Chairez could still be in the area and encourage anyone to report any sightings to the SAPD Missing Persons Unit at (210) 207-7660.

1615838395838.png

New video was uncovered on Monday showing a woman who has been missing for weeks.

D’Lanny Chairez and her 18-month-old son, James Chairez, have been missing from their West Side home since early January.

On Monday, the San Antonio Police Department released surveillance video showing D’Lanny riding a VIA bus on February 24, 2021. A report from SAPD stated she rode the bus for hours before getting off at the North Star Transit station. The video appeared to show D’Lanny by herself.

There's a new lead in the case of a missing San Antonio mother, police said. According to the San Antonio Police Department, there's surveillance video showing the woman riding a VIA bus on the city's north side.

Over the weekend, detectives discovered video footage of D'Lanny Chairez riding a VIA bus. The video is from February 24, 2021. SAPD said she rode the bus for several hours before exiting at the North Star Transit Center station near the North Star Mall along Loop 410.

Investigators believe Chairez could still be in the area and encourage anyone to report any sightings to the SAPD Missing Persons Unit at (210) 207-7660.

View attachment 10138
Oh, this is a good sign that they'll be found alive soon!

View attachment 10138
Her son was not with her though? That's a bit worrisome.

SHE is definitely still alive and moving about. Or at least, she was as of two weeks ago.
She has told family that she has adopted James out... If you go through a reputable agency that's not something that's going to happen in just a few months time. Also there would be court documents giving up her parental rights, etc. HOPEFULLY he is with a family friend or someone that she trusts, because I do believe that he's no longer in her care. And that's about the best-case scenario.

Officer Pruneda said police were working with the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) CLEAR Alert to send out a CLEAR Alert.

"The CLEAR Alert allows us a little broader range, it isolates it to like people that might have left voluntarily, or that now may be an imminent danger or may have or be the threat of serious bodily injury or death," Officer Pruneda said. "So it kind of broadens it, and it incorporates the agency DPS, so it sends it statewide."

If you know anything about the case, you're urged to contact the San Antonio Police Department Special Victims Unit at (210) 207-4093 or (210) 207-2325. You can remain anonymous.

SHE is definitely still alive and moving about. Or at least, she was as of two weeks ago.
She has told family that she has adopted James out... If you go through a reputable agency that's not something that's going to happen in just a few months time. Also there would be court documents giving up her parental rights, etc. HOPEFULLY he is with a family friend or someone that she trusts, because I do believe that he's no longer in her care. And that's about the best-case scenario.

Officer Pruneda said police were working with the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) CLEAR Alert to send out a CLEAR Alert.

"The CLEAR Alert allows us a little broader range, it isolates it to like people that might have left voluntarily, or that now may be an imminent danger or may have or be the threat of serious bodily injury or death," Officer Pruneda said. "So it kind of broadens it, and it incorporates the agency DPS, so it sends it statewide."

If you know anything about the case, you're urged to contact the San Antonio Police Department Special Victims Unit at (210) 207-4093 or (210) 207-2325. You can remain anonymous.
Why does this remind me of Gabriel Johnson? :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back