MA HARRY K.: Missing from Lowell, MA - 14 June 2022 - Age 3 *Found Deceased*

1655247449105.png

Toddler Missing From Babysitter's House in Lowell; ‘Enormous' Search Underway​

A young boy went missing from his babysitter's house in Lowell, Massachusetts, Tuesday, prompting a massive search of the area involving scores of first responders on foot, in the air, in the water and on horseback, officials said.

The boy, who's been identified as a 3-year-old from Lowell named Harry, was reported missing from a babysitter's house on Freda Lane about 9:30 a.m., interim Lowell Police Superintendent Barry Golner said. Fifteen minutes earlier, the child was seen playing in the babysitter's backyard.

Harry was last seen in gray pants with white stripe and a long-sleeved maroon shirt, police said. Anyone with information on where Harry might be is asked to call 911 or Lowell police at 978-937-3200.

Between 150 and 180 members of law enforcement and fire departments were involved in the search, checking around homes in Lowell's Pawtucketville neighborhood and in nearby woods, as well as in bodies of water, Golner said. Police were on ATVs, bicycles and horseback; they were also using K-9s and drones to find Harry.

"There's an enormous amount of assets that have been amassed to help look for and find this child, and we're going to continue those efforts until we do find the child," he said.

There were no indications of foul play. Authorities said neighbors had been helpful as officials scoured the area on a hot day, and they asked for continued help.

"As residents come home from work…take a look very, very thoroughly through your vehicles that may have been there, through your sheds, through your window wells, through your houses," said Sudbury Police Chief Scott Nix, who was helping to lead the search.

He described the boy's family as concerned.

MEDIA - HARRY: Missing from Lowell, MA since 14 June 2022 - Age 3

Last edited:
Harry is also non-verbal.

Officials received a report at 9:30 a.m. that the boy, named Harry, was missing from his babysitter's backyard at 37 Freda Lane in the Pawtucketville neighborhood. The boy as dropped off at the babysitter's home just after 7:15 a.m.

"We suspect nothing more than a missing or lost child, and the child just walked away," said Lowell Police Chief Barry Golner, adding, "There is nothing to indicate any foul play."

Officers began an immediate search of the home and surrounding area, which quickly expanded when the boy was not found.

Harry was last seen wearing a long-sleeve maroon shirt and gray pants with a white stripe.

"He's active. He likes going outside. When he's at home, he goes to the yard and plays. He's a healthy kid but he can't speak. He's trying to learn how to speak but he can't talk," the boy's father said by phone.

Missing Lowell 3-year-old: Police explain decision to not issue Amber alert for missing boy; ‘There’s no reason to believe there’s a crime”​

Police said Wednesday that they did not expect to issue an Amber alert for a Lowell 3-year-old missing since Tuesday since the child is not believed to have been abducted.

The boy — publicly known only by his first name, Harry — was reported missing around 9:30 a.m. Tuesday from a babysitter’s home. Police do not suspect found play in his disappearance and are treating the situation as a missing child.

“There’s no reason to believe there’s a crime,” Carlisle Police Chief John Fisher said at a Wednesday news conference, as a wide coalition of police agencies and units scoured the Lowell neighborhood and a nearby wooded reservation for signs of the boy.

“We’re not ruling out anything,” Fisher said when asked if police could be sure Harry had not been picked up by someone. “We’re willing to listen to anybody who has an idea about that piece, but we just have no reason to go in that direction at this time.”

According to Fisher, Harry walked out the door of his babysitter’s home on his own volition. He was last spotted around 9:15 a.m. and was reported missing within 15 minutes later. Fisher said investigators are confident the boy disappeared with that window.

The search resumed in full Wednesday morning, with police sending search and rescue teams, K-9 units and officers on horseback into a local wooded reservation alongside divers to examine wetlands and swamps.

Missing 3-year-old boy found dead in Lowell day after disappearance​

A missing 3-year-old boy was found dead a day after he was reported missing from his babysitter's home and a massive search was launched, sources told WBZ-TV's I-Team.

The body of the boy, who police have only identified as Harry K. from Lowell, was found Wednesday afternoon, more than a day after he went missing from his babysitter's house on Freda Lane in the Pawtucketville section of the city Tuesday.

I swear if anyone ever sees a child outside too young and unsupervised, take a hold of his hand until you find his caretaker or if in their yard go knock on their door and advise them..

I wouldn't want to be the babysitter nor the family in this tragic case.

What happened here? That looks like a field not a body of water from the little it showed.

May he RIP, poor little guy.

I swear if anyone ever sees a child outside too young and unsupervised, take a hold of his hand until you find his caretaker or if in their yard go knock on their door and advise them..

I wouldn't want to be the babysitter nor the family in this tragic case.

What happened here? That looks like a field not a body of water from the little it showed.

May he RIP, poor little guy.
not sure how to link it, but I found where he was found on Google Earth. It's called Rollie's Farm, but I have not heard where the babysitter lived to see how far away it is.

Figured out a way to link it from the browser view

not sure how to link it, but I found where he was found on Google Earth. It's called Rollie's Farm, but I have not heard where the babysitter lived to see how far away it is.

looking at the area they found him, so much water and thick woods! I hate the outcome, but looking at the area, finding him was a miracle by itself.

The babysitter's street does intersect nearby.

Where are you seeing water? I see none. I put it on showing the terrain and zoomed in and all I see are trees and the buildings and grass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheSandlot6
Back