GEORGE FLOYD: Man killed, 4 Minneapolis Officers Fired - MN vs Derek Chauvin *GUILTY*

1660790683202.png
(CNN)Four Minneapolis police officers have been fired for their involvement in the death of a black man who was held down with a knee as he protested that he couldn't breathe, officials said Tuesday.

The FBI is investigating the incident, which drew widespread condemnation of the officers after a video showing part of the encounter circulated on social media.

Last edited by a moderator:
And the officer who held him has not yet been arrested the last I understood despite the fact the mayor and governor had asked for an arrest. They finally named the officer who held the man down, I saw it today. The move the officer used is also not allowed as an acceptable tactic. Smh.

and not one fellow cop stopped him. They had plenty of time.
Exactly. I don't even believe they have given any details about the other three, that I have seen anyhow. I know the arresting officer was white and entirely out of line. I wonder who was the superior at the scene, if there was one in rank as far as officers I mean... Or if they were all okay with it and in endorsement of it.

Fired, yes. Arrested...no??? Literally killed a man while he and others begged for his life.
And not one "good cop" stepped in to stop it.
Now dozens of officers are surrounding the murderer's house to keep him safe. He'd be plenty safe if he was arrested and put into custody, but that's just me.
I agree. I wonder if it will come out but I would like to know this officer's history, length of service, etc.

And the officer who held him has not yet been arrested the last I understood despite the fact the mayor and governor had asked for an arrest. They finally named the officer who held the man down, I saw it today. The move the officer used is also not allowed as an acceptable tactic. Smh.
Derek Chauvin, Thomas Lane, Tou Thao and J. Alexander Kueng

Wow, thank you for finding both things you posted. I have even heard some local breaking news and did not hear that info but I did not look for other news. While for a big city, that is probably not a lot of complaints for the length of time (I have no idea), the circumstances do not speak well of these officers. I try to be in support of LE and there are some very good ones, but some give the others a very bad name and give politicians a platform to use such incidents. From what I gather, the 5 to 7 minutes of the video is pretty bad and I only saw a short clip.

And he is not under arrest?? Although I do not agree in any way shape or form with vandalism and theft, fires and looting, the lack of an arrest is of course going to fuel emotions.

Jmo.

The Minneapolis police officer seen kneeling on the neck of an unarmed black man heard saying "I can't breathe" multiple times before he died was a 19-year department veteran who was the subject of at least a dozen police conduct complaints that resulted in no disciplinary action and one that led to a "letter of reprimand."

To be the subject of a dozen complaints over a two-decade career would appear "a little bit higher than normal," said Mylan Masson, a retired Minneapolis Park police officer and longtime police training expert for the state of Minnesota at Hennepin Technical College.

KARE 11 archives show Chauvin has been involved in at least two officer involved shootings.

Thao has been the subject of six complaints. None have resulted in discipline, though one is still open.

Thao was the defendant in a lawsuit alleging excessive force. The city paid out $25,000 to the victim in the case.

KARE 11 searched records but could find no previous complaints or incidents involving J Alexander Keung or Thomas Lane.

Here are the officers' dates of hire:
  • Chauvin: January 8, 2001
  • Thao: February, 4 2008
  • Kueng: December 18, 2017
  • Lane: February 19, 2019

The Minneapolis police officer seen kneeling on the neck of an unarmed black man heard saying "I can't breathe" multiple times before he died was a 19-year department veteran who was the subject of at least a dozen police conduct complaints that resulted in no disciplinary action and one that led to a "letter of reprimand."

To be the subject of a dozen complaints over a two-decade career would appear "a little bit higher than normal," said Mylan Masson, a retired Minneapolis Park police officer and longtime police training expert for the state of Minnesota at Hennepin Technical College.

KARE 11 archives show Chauvin has been involved in at least two officer involved shootings.

Thao has been the subject of six complaints. None have resulted in discipline, though one is still open.

Thao was the defendant in a lawsuit alleging excessive force. The city paid out $25,000 to the victim in the case.

KARE 11 searched records but could find no previous complaints or incidents involving J Alexander Keung or Thomas Lane.

Here are the officers' dates of hire:
  • Chauvin: January 8, 2001
  • Thao: February, 4 2008
  • Kueng: December 18, 2017
  • Lane: February 19, 2019
So the two others are fairly recent hires and the first two would be their "superiors" in some sense I imagine. This dept. has been under fire before, not that that is probably unusual in a big city dept., but another heated recently one was the Australian woman who was shot after she called in what she thought was hearing a woman screaming for help in her neighborhood.

It's spreading to LA too.

Yes there were Hollywood stars commenting on it too. As awful and wrong as this was, be ready for the politics and the media, it is already happening. This officer needs to be under arrest, like yesterday!

So the two others are fairly recent hires and the first two would be their "superiors" in some sense I imagine. This dept. has been under fire before, not that that is probably unusual in a big city dept., but another heated recently one was the Australian woman who was shot after she called in what she thought was hearing a woman screaming for help in her neighborhood.
Justine Diamond
220px-Justine_Damond_01.jpg

Justine Diamond
220px-Justine_Damond_01.jpg

Yes, that is the one and it cost the department some big money not long ago, plus there seemed to be cover-up and two factions after the crime going on throughout until trial and even during trial. I never followed it from the beginning, did not know much about it but looked into it big time as the trial started, etc.

I've been following this closely since it happened. The video is absolutely gut-wrenching, creating a serious battle between feelings of sadness and fury! I also viewed the store's surveillance that was released and I see absolutely no resistance, zero resistance, from Floyd, at any point. This should never have happened.

That cop should spend the rest of his life in prison. He seriously looked like he was enjoying it- and that is even more disturbing! Four officers were fired but Derek Chauvin is the name of the Officer responsible for this heinous murder. Massive crowds have gathered to participate in peaceful rioting but that has increasingly become... well..not so peaceful. It's actually getting to be quite chaotic with people vandalizing and stealing from businesses, setting fires, spray painting graffiti that expresses vulgar remarks to the police. The people aren't going to stop until they see this man arrested. Badge or no badge, a murderer should not be allowed to just go home and wait it out. Angry protesters have even went to his (Chauvin's) home, splashed red paint, and wrote "murderer" on his driveway. They now have many guards outside his house to ensure his safety and monitor peaceful protesters. They (courts/investigators/officials) ought to act quickly or it is looking like it going to cost them greatly.

Screenshot_20200528-192541_Chrome.jpg

Links:
Store surveillance-

Protest updates-

Chauvin's home photo- https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/0...the_ground_outside_Cha-a-12_1590676661582.jpg

Last edited:
I've been following this closely since it happened. The video is absolutely gut-wrenching, creating a serious battle between feelings of sadness and fury! I also viewed the store's surveillance that was released and I see absolutely no resistance, zero resistance, from Floyd, at any point. This should never have happened.

That cop should spend the rest of his life in prison. He seriously looked like he was enjoying it- and that is even more disturbing! Four officers were fired but Derek Chauvin is the name of the Officer responsible for this heinous murder. Massive crowds have gathered to participate in peaceful rioting but that has increasingly become... well..not so peaceful. It's actually getting to be quite chaotic with people vandalizing and stealing from businesses, setting fires, spray painting graffiti expressing vulgar remarks to the police. The people aren't going to stop until they see this man arrested. Badge or no badge, a murderer should not be allowed to just go home and wait it out. Angry protesters have even went to his (Chauvin's) home, splashed red paint, and wrote "murderer" on his driveway. They now have many guards outside his house to ensure his safety and monitor peaceful protesters. They (courts/investigators/officials) ought to act quickly or it is looking like it going to cost them greatly.

View attachment 3893

Links:
Store surveillance-

Protest updates-

Chauvin's home photo- https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/0...the_ground_outside_Cha-a-12_1590676661582.jpg
This matches what I have heard about but you have seen more video than I, I think. I do know the cops were told to go more lightly and stand down more on protests and actions, etc. However, do they not realize an arrest would stop a lot of this?

I know of no such thing but I cannot help but think when an arrest does not occur for something there obviously is a reason for, that the problem exists higher up on the one not arrested has something on someone higher up. What is the excuse otherwise? If they have extenuating circumstances and reason to wait, then they should show it to settle people down or execute an arrest.

So we have officers standing down some on protests but officers engaged in protecting the officer who did this?? Smh.

ETA: Jmo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back