GANNON STAUCH: Colorado vs. Letecia Stauch for child abuse and murder of stepson *GUILTY*

FBI now involved in ongoing search for missing 11-year-old Colorado Springs boy

1580605648538.png 1580605655603.png

The Federal Bureau of Investigation is now involved in the ongoing search for a missing/endangered 11-year-old Colorado Springs boy who went missing Monday afternoon, and the task force investigating his disappearance is organizing a team of volunteers to start searching for him.

Gannon Stauch was believed to be a runaway after he left his home southeast of Colorado Springs between 3:15 and 4 p.m. on Monday. But as the week progressed, his disappearance was upgraded to a missing/endangered person case.

His stepmother said he left his home on foot to play at a friend’s house down the street on Monday afternoon, according to the sheriff’s office. Deputies and major crimes detectives had taken “extraordinary steps” to locate the boy, the sheriff’s office said. They were actively searching for evidence and taking witness statements, a sheriff’s office news release issued earlier this week read.

“He’s very young, it’s dark and cold outside and we want to bring Gannon to safety,” the sheriff’s said in a Facebook post earlier this week.

On Thursday afternoon, the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office and other task force members, as well as Stauch’s parents, hosted a news conference to update the community on his disappearance, discuss the steps being taken in the investigation, and to notify people in the area that they are organizing volunteers to begin a community search effort in coming days.

El Paso County Sheriff’s Office Lt. Mitch Mahalko said the sheriff’s office received the investigation on Tuesday afternoon and started doing interviews and collecting video surveillance and talking to neighbors, working to collect new leads.

He said that the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and FBI got involved after the case was upgraded to a missing/endangered child case. The FBI’s team specializes in search and rescue and “will be a good partner” in the investigation, Mahalko said.

He said the investigation was active and that authorities were conducting interviews with witnesses and collecting evidence – exhausting every lead they receive.

Mahalko said investigators were looking at “persons of interest” in the case as people who might be able to give them additional information on Stauch’s whereabouts.

He declined to say where authorities had been searching but confirmed that investigators had been in contact with some trash companies in El Paso County and in the Lorson Ranch area.

Kirby stressed that people with tips should report them to their tip line – 719-520-6666 – and not on social media because any tips sent to the sheriff’s office on social media will not be considered.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not surprised. She definitely seems the type. All her talk about constitutional rights and her belief that the fantastic stories she weaves will be believed, her letter to the judge (against advice allegedly of her attorney), etc. If this case was not so tragic, it would be fun to watch this one represent herself--I feel even more for Landen should she have to go through this on top of everything else.

I am sure she will or has been advised against it but I don't think they can stop her, she has that right doesn't she?

Pretty sure this is the same as what was already posted. Just wanted to make note of the advisement scheduled for tomorrow.

Letecia Stauch asks for new representation before preliminary hearing​

Stauch’s next advisement is Feb. 24 at 3 p.m. Allen said the Arguello advisement should be open to the public. Her preliminary hearing is set for March 11, 12, and 15. The judge will also decide at the conclusion of the March hearing if Stauch will be eligible for bail.

Pretty sure this is the same as what was already posted. Just wanted to make note of the advisement scheduled for tomorrow.

Letecia Stauch asks for new representation before preliminary hearing​

Stauch’s next advisement is Feb. 24 at 3 p.m. Allen said the Arguello advisement should be open to the public. Her preliminary hearing is set for March 11, 12, and 15. The judge will also decide at the conclusion of the March hearing if Stauch will be eligible for bail.
Well I just hope for the sake of everybody involved that she won't get out. This woman is capable of anything 😐

Well I just hope for the sake of everybody involved that she won't get out. This woman is capable of anything 😐
I don't see her ever getting out but if she did, I don't think she would be very safe and would likely be lynched.... She is not a well liked woman and as you say, capable of anything. Also, she does seem to constantly be attempting "prison" breaks so I hope they are still keeping a close eye on her...

I don't see her ever getting out but if she did, I don't think she would be very safe and would likely be lynched.... She is not a well liked woman and as you say, capable of anything. Also, she does seem to constantly be attempting "prison" breaks so I hope they are still keeping a close eye on her...
I hope you are right, but a saying here in Germany goes that' you have seen horses throwing up in front of farmacies' lol ,so I am prepared for the worst🙃(I know how weird that saying is🙈)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Lol, had a feeling that people won't be sure of the meaning 🙈. It basically means that the most unexpected outcome is also possible....but hopefully not in this case!
Yeah, we have cases like Casey Anthony, etc. where the results aren't what hoped for. I think with Letecia there is a ton of evidence and I think we only know parts of it so far and there is plenty. However, one does never know.

The other sad part is I don't see her stopping easily. She just keeps at it and even if put away I think she will rear her head as much as possible and appeals and such will go on forever of course. I think Al and Landen are in for a long road even after the hopefully slam dunk conviction.

Lol, that's still an odd phrase.

Yeah, we have cases like Casey Anthony, etc. where the results aren't what hoped for. I think with Letecia there is a ton of evidence and I think we only know parts of it so far and there is plenty. However, one does never know.

The other sad part is I don't see her stopping easily. She just keeps at it and even if put away I think she will rear her head as much as possible and appeals and such will go on forever of course. I think Al and Landen are in for a long road even after the hopefully slam dunk conviction.

Lol, that's still an odd phrase.
BUT I provided a link for it so that you know I didn't make it up😚

But look at "Casey Anthony". Unscathed. I'd like to get ahold of her.

dog hello GIF

Legal expert weighs in on Letecia Stauch potentially representing herself​

Letecia Stauch, the woman accused of killing her 11-year-old stepson, Gannon Stauch, will be in court on Friday at 11:30 a.m. to discuss her counsel.

Court documents state that Stauch will appear in court for an Arguello Advisement, which often indicates a defendant may try to represent themselves. Friday's hearing will be open to the public.

Jeremy Loew, legal expert and defense attorney, told KRDO that an Arguello Advisement is an opportunity for the judge to communicate what a defendant's responsibility would be if they decided to fire their legal counsel and defend themselves.

Loew said, in his experience, most defendants who decide to represent themselves end up getting convicted. He said it's extremely rare for this to happen in a case with so much national attention.

"I've never seen anybody try and represent themselves in such a high profile case. It is a huge mistake to represent yourself as a criminal defendant. It's an even bigger mistake to think that you can do it when the country, the state, and the community are watching," Loew said.

Serial-killer Joseph Duncan was allowed to represent himself in his death penalty - penalty phase.

Jury selection for the penalty phase for Duncan's federal trial began on April 14, 2008. During jury selection, Duncan dismissed his attorneys and chose to represent himself. His attorneys objected, asserting he was not competent to do so, and requested a formal hearing as to the issue. The district court ordered an evaluation of Duncan to determine his competence, and accepted the evaluator's conclusion that he was competent to proceed without counsel.[38]

On August 27, 2008, after three hours of deliberation, the jury recommended the death penalty, and the judge imposed three death sentences for "kidnapping resulting in death, sexual exploitation of a child resulting in death, and use of a firearm in a violent crime resulting in death," all related to the death of Dylan Groene.[39] On November 3, 2008, Duncan was sentenced to an additional three consecutive terms of life without parole in federal prison for kidnapping Shasta Groene and for sexually abusing Shasta and Dylan.[34]

Duncan's standby counsel filed a notice of appeal. Duncan subsequently wrote the court and informed it that any appeal was taken "against his wishes".[40]

In July 2011, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals reversed the district court's decision to permit Duncan to represent himself without first holding a hearing as to his competence to do so and remanded for a hearing as to this issue.[38][41]

On December 6, 2013, a federal judge ruled that Duncan was mentally competent when he gave up the right to appeal his death sentence.[43] Psychiatrists working with the prosecution diagnosed Duncan with pedophilia, sadistic personality disorder and antisocial personality disorder with narcissistic traits, but maintained that he was legally sane.[44]

Legal expert weighs in on Letecia Stauch potentially representing herself​

Letecia Stauch, the woman accused of killing her 11-year-old stepson, Gannon Stauch, will be in court on Friday at 11:30 a.m. to discuss her counsel.

Court documents state that Stauch will appear in court for an Arguello Advisement, which often indicates a defendant may try to represent themselves. Friday's hearing will be open to the public.

Jeremy Loew, legal expert and defense attorney, told KRDO that an Arguello Advisement is an opportunity for the judge to communicate what a defendant's responsibility would be if they decided to fire their legal counsel and defend themselves.

Loew said, in his experience, most defendants who decide to represent themselves end up getting convicted. He said it's extremely rare for this to happen in a case with so much national attention.

"I've never seen anybody try and represent themselves in such a high profile case. It is a huge mistake to represent yourself as a criminal defendant. It's an even bigger mistake to think that you can do it when the country, the state, and the community are watching," Loew said.

If she represents herself it better be on the internet! That's Must See TV!!

My speculation is first, like many, she thinks she is smarter and can do a better job than her attorney.

However, my key theory is she wants to tell a story that I would guess the defense is advising against, one of her crazy ones that seem far fetched. She also may relish the thought of both the attention and the fact that if family members are on the stand, they have to face and deal with her or be questioned by her.

It is the family members I feel sorry for if she does this because it is hard enough to see a perp in a courtroom seated there who you know killed a loved one but to watch her prance around the courtroom and question witnesses would be even harder.

Representing yourself in say small claims court is one thing but those who represent themselves in a murder trial have never succeeded have they?

It will no doubt be interesting if she does this but in the same breath it is maddening considering this was a tragedy and is no joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back