GANNON STAUCH: Colorado vs. Letecia Stauch for child abuse and murder of stepson *GUILTY*

FBI now involved in ongoing search for missing 11-year-old Colorado Springs boy

1580605648538.png 1580605655603.png

The Federal Bureau of Investigation is now involved in the ongoing search for a missing/endangered 11-year-old Colorado Springs boy who went missing Monday afternoon, and the task force investigating his disappearance is organizing a team of volunteers to start searching for him.

Gannon Stauch was believed to be a runaway after he left his home southeast of Colorado Springs between 3:15 and 4 p.m. on Monday. But as the week progressed, his disappearance was upgraded to a missing/endangered person case.

His stepmother said he left his home on foot to play at a friend’s house down the street on Monday afternoon, according to the sheriff’s office. Deputies and major crimes detectives had taken “extraordinary steps” to locate the boy, the sheriff’s office said. They were actively searching for evidence and taking witness statements, a sheriff’s office news release issued earlier this week read.

“He’s very young, it’s dark and cold outside and we want to bring Gannon to safety,” the sheriff’s said in a Facebook post earlier this week.

On Thursday afternoon, the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office and other task force members, as well as Stauch’s parents, hosted a news conference to update the community on his disappearance, discuss the steps being taken in the investigation, and to notify people in the area that they are organizing volunteers to begin a community search effort in coming days.

El Paso County Sheriff’s Office Lt. Mitch Mahalko said the sheriff’s office received the investigation on Tuesday afternoon and started doing interviews and collecting video surveillance and talking to neighbors, working to collect new leads.

He said that the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and FBI got involved after the case was upgraded to a missing/endangered child case. The FBI’s team specializes in search and rescue and “will be a good partner” in the investigation, Mahalko said.

He said the investigation was active and that authorities were conducting interviews with witnesses and collecting evidence – exhausting every lead they receive.

Mahalko said investigators were looking at “persons of interest” in the case as people who might be able to give them additional information on Stauch’s whereabouts.

He declined to say where authorities had been searching but confirmed that investigators had been in contact with some trash companies in El Paso County and in the Lorson Ranch area.

Kirby stressed that people with tips should report them to their tip line – 719-520-6666 – and not on social media because any tips sent to the sheriff’s office on social media will not be considered.

Last edited by a moderator:
El Paso County Sheriff's Office said the search for Gannon would continue as long as conditions allowed. A snowstorm was hitting the state and accumulation in the area was expected to reach up to 6 inches.

Letecia Stauch, who says she was the last person to see Gannon says her family had received more than 20 death threats.

"I took care of Gannon for the last two years in our home. I would never, never, ever hurt this child. And I know there are some questions out there ... that's up to the investigations -- when they end up letting you guys know -- but I've cooperated with them," she told KKTV. "We are going to find Gannon and that's the main goal that we all have. I'm just ready for Gannon to come home."

(MOO - the tone of Staunch's statement is very different than her previous interview. )

El Paso County Sheriff’s Office gets new evidence in search for missing 11-year-old boy

FOX31 obtained a copy of this evidence that came from a neighbor's surveillance camera. Authorities have asked us not to describe or show it yet because it’s a part of their investigation. To ensure we don’t compromise anything in the search for Stauch, we are honoring the sheriff’s office request.

As the search for Stauch continues, investigations centered around the home he was last seen leaving on Jan. 27. Investigators walked inside of the home with gloves and left with evidence bags.

FOX31 asked the sheriff’s office if they are getting closer to finding answers Monday afternoon. “I don’t have that answer, I don’t know. But I can say this is being worked tirelessly and we won’t stop,” Kirby said

A few doors down, neighbor Roderrick Drayton did some investigating on his own.

“I couldn’t sleep so I just stayed up and I started looking through [surveillance footage],” Drayton said, adding, “I looked through on my tablet, then I said, 'Let me look on my TV to be sure.”

Police have asked us not to share what he found yet.

“This is something the investigators are looking into and it would be part of our investigation,” Kirby said.

Drayton took the footage to Stauch’s father, who immediately called detectives.

“He just broke down crying,” Drayton said.

EPC Sheriff's Office

6 mins ·
Sheriff's Office Update on Search Efforts for Gannon Stauch
On February 3, 2020, the El Paso County Sheriff's Office and partners continued our search focused in the area of 2743 E. Las Vegas Street. At approximately 2:00 PM, the search in this area was completed. We will continue to search specific areas based on tips and leads in this investigation.
For the past 3 days, we have had over 2,400 hours of manpower put into the search efforts for Gannon. This included the assistance of our Mounted Unit, Search and Rescue canines, and aerial coverage with drone operators.

For the past 7 days, we have had over 1,860 hours of Investigations Division investigation hours.
Our partners in our search efforts are:
FBI CARD (Child Abduction Rapid Deployment)
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
Pikes Peak Regional Office of Emergency Management
El Paso County Search and Rescue
El Paso County Public Works
Emergency Incident Support
Army 4th Engineer Battalion (in 100% non-duty volunteer status)
National Guard 100th Missile Defense Brigade (in 100% non-duty volunteer status)
Colorado Springs Police Department
Fountain Police Department
Salvation Army
VOAD - Volunteer Organizations Active in Disaster
Flight for Life (searching purposes only)
The Sheriff's Office has received 164 tips to date. We continue to vet and follow-up on each lead coming in. If you have any information as it relates to Gannon's case, please call the Sheriff's Office Tip Line at 719-520-6666 or email tips@elpasoco.com.

This is not looking good for little Gannon. :(

Hinky meter went off immediately when step-mom goes on crying about her "constitutional rights being violated". Dang it. If your child is missing, who cares?!? If you are innocent, why do you care if you have a lawyer? And especially if you're innocent, stop your whining about yourself and worry about your missing child!

URL

abc7news.com

From the article:

However, neighbor Rockerick Drayton said he searched through his home surveillance video as the search intensified. Drayton said the video showed Letecia and Gannon Stauch get into a red pickup truck in the driveway of their home around 10:15 a.m. About four hours later, the truck returns to the house and Leticia Stauch gets out of the vehicle alone.

The El Paso County Sheriff's Department has a copy of the video, but a spokesperson cautioned the video was only one part of the investigation.

:confused:

^^^ rental car is part of investigation. no further comment.
crime lab may be involved although investigation is not deemed criminal
please trust investigative method. all want to bring Gannon home.
will not verify Monday school absence.
have the best hope to bring child home alive.
no comment on stepmother's tv interview.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back