GANNON STAUCH: Colorado vs. Letecia Stauch for child abuse and murder of stepson

Whatsnext

Justice for Gannon 💙
O/t
I found a good article on corona and face masks. Studies by neurosurgeons that masks are bad for you, it’s at: PJMEDIA.COM

Can someone post it on that thread for me? I have tried several times and I have to go the the orthopedic doctor for a shot in my knee. Ouch

DBM.....
O/t
I did post it for you, but can't say I agree🤷🏼‍♂️

I hope your knee will be better soon ❤

Last edited:

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member

Gannon Stauch: Lawyers for alleged killer stepmother push for jail release, claim ‘ DNA results are still outstanding’ [Court Docs]

The attorneys for a woman accused of killing 11-year-old Colorado boy, Gannon Stauch, say they don’t have video access visitation, which is hindering effective counsel. They’re now pushing for her release amid COVID-19 concerns.

According to documents filed at the El Paso County Court, the El Paso County jail denied murder suspect Letecia Stauch access to a video visit from her attorney in early May. The incident stemmed from an apparent new policy implemented by the Colorado Justice System that requires attorneys to physically come to the jail to visit certain inmates.

Stauch’s lawyer, public defender Kathryn Strobel, explained that the COVID-19 pandemic, which has affected numerous inmates in Colorado, has made it unsafe for attorneys to travel to the jail and meet with clients in person.

The motion added that denying visitations to an inmate awaiting trial is a violation of the “U.S Constitution, 6th Amendment Right to Counsel and the Due Process Clauses of both the state and federal constitutions.”

A day shift commander at the jail told Strobel, according to court documents, that it was “difficult and time-consuming” to bring Stauch to video visits, given her security status at the jail.

The defense team argued that not only were they denied video access to Stauch, but they still have not received evidence that will help them provide an adequate defense, such as Gannon’s autopsy report and outstanding DNA results on evidence items.

“Among other missing pieces of discovery, DNA results are still outstanding on a number of key pieces of evidence, and [REDACTED] have not been disclosed to the defense.”

Stauch’s next hearing is scheduled for June 5. However, the defense team requested an emergency hearing on the current motion, should the court deny the request.

GrandmaBear

Heroic Horse Rescuer & Trainer

Gannon Stauch: Lawyers for alleged killer stepmother push for jail release, claim ‘ DNA results are still outstanding’ [Court Docs]

The attorneys for a woman accused of killing 11-year-old Colorado boy, Gannon Stauch, say they don’t have video access visitation, which is hindering effective counsel. They’re now pushing for her release amid COVID-19 concerns.

According to documents filed at the El Paso County Court, the El Paso County jail denied murder suspect Letecia Stauch access to a video visit from her attorney in early May. The incident stemmed from an apparent new policy implemented by the Colorado Justice System that requires attorneys to physically come to the jail to visit certain inmates.

Stauch’s lawyer, public defender Kathryn Strobel, explained that the COVID-19 pandemic, which has affected numerous inmates in Colorado, has made it unsafe for attorneys to travel to the jail and meet with clients in person.

The motion added that denying visitations to an inmate awaiting trial is a violation of the “U.S Constitution, 6th Amendment Right to Counsel and the Due Process Clauses of both the state and federal constitutions.”

A day shift commander at the jail told Strobel, according to court documents, that it was “difficult and time-consuming” to bring Stauch to video visits, given her security status at the jail.

The defense team argued that not only were they denied video access to Stauch, but they still have not received evidence that will help them provide an adequate defense, such as Gannon’s autopsy report and outstanding DNA results on evidence items.

“Among other missing pieces of discovery, DNA results are still outstanding on a number of key pieces of evidence, and [REDACTED] have not been disclosed to the defense.”

Stauch’s next hearing is scheduled for June 5. However, the defense team requested an emergency hearing on the current motion, should the court deny the request.
They are clearly alluding to the Vallow case imo. And I am the first to say that on occasion there is someone wrongly railroaded but I believe far more that most LE and county justice systems and DA's do not make arrests nor without a fair amount of evidence and there certainly seems to already be plenty in this case. Yet the rights of the defendant and chance of appeals sometimes are paramount or at minimum it delays things for years which is considered to the benefit of the accused. Now Covid they are using. I don't know, her security status at the jail and time to bring her to video visits but it is not anyone's fault imo. I know people that work jobs that are non-essential with Covid and they have had no choice. I guess her attorneys can work and go to the jail as well and take precautions, not probably privately paid but public defenders so they are not making big bucks for every hour to travel, etc.? Not saying I know all of the facts, maybe they have good cause but just the way it strikes me at the moment upon reading this. I think our court systems already backed up are going to be so much more so due to Covid than they already were...

GrandmaBear

Heroic Horse Rescuer & Trainer
🙄

...Just piling up more charges.
This woman smh. Can't say this is surprising either. Her stupidity is though. Well not any longer maybe it isn't.

I wonder which family member was dumb enough to put $75,000 in an account for her and who "has" them covered once they are out... IF true of course, she is such a chronic liar it is hard to say.

How did she have this much interaction?

Letters partly in code? Uhm, just guessing if another inmate can figure out the code then other people likely can as well no...?

She and Patrick Frazee would sure make a pair.

Poor Gannon. Let's get on with justice for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crack My Case